Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). In 2012, Fortinet acquired CrowdDirector and rebranded it FortiDirector (www.fortidirector.com). This team is looking for a Systems Administrator to manage the servers (currently via Chef), and other areas.
- Act as an internally-facing point of contact to escalate technical issues, and communicate network status.
- Act as an externally-facing point of contact to maintain relations with network peers and vendors.
- Expose/emit robust metrics to facilitate monitoring network stability and performance.
- Consult and provide data-driven recommendations on infrastructure decisions for projects as they are being specified and developed.
- Strong Ubuntu/Debian knowledge. Fallback to any Linux/Unix experience is OK.
- Network routing protocol knowledge. BGP preferred. Anycast experience a plus.
- Expertise with Chef. Fallback to Puppet is OK if it's hands-on experience.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Scripting/tools ability (for integration into the systems metrics/monitoring).
- Familiarity with common web application stacks - LAMP & Java.
- Ability to document and update processes.
- Experience and flexibility regarding on-call duties (**you will be in the escalation path**).
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise-level network infrastructure.
- Previous experience with multi-datacenter environments and high-availability service support.
This is not a junior position; relevant work experience is required. Thank you!
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM).