Fortinet Employee Reviews

Casual environment
SR.. MARKETING MANAGER LATIN AMERICA & CARIBBEAN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 29, 2017
Good opportunity
Growing company
Engineering philosophy
Big team of junior executives
Good opportunity for trainee level positions
Great products
Competitive prices
Pros
Great products, Good Price
Cons
No processess
Great Company to work for
Professional Services Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIOctober 25, 2017
Fortinet is a fast paced and fast growing company. Very competitive environment and company that encourages you to grow as an Engineer. I would recommend Fortinet as a place to work.
Turn over is the only thing that is constant here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 25, 2017
I would not recommend working here unless you really need the money. The work life balance is something that is already hard in the silicon valley, but with the amount of turn over here it is hard to have a constant vision from one manager to another.

CEO is very nice and humble. I wish the other people down the chain would follow his example.
Manager Kernel Development (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 12, 2017
Coworkers are respectful and work is interesting. Software development process is advanced and supports quality of work. Not a lot of useless meetings.
Fast paced work environment
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2017
Fortinet is working to take market share in cyber-security space. Flexible and innovative company. Company is expanding into Enterprise market with a complete line of security products ranging from next generation firewall to sandbox, secure wifi, sd-wan and SEIM.
Amazing workplace with a fun and innovative culture
Sales Engineer/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2017
Fortinet believes in innovating and providing the Industry's best NGFW. The leadership has a very clear understanding of this vision and they have always taken the right steps in the forward direction. This makes it an ideal job for a Sales Executive like me as I can talk and sell my product without any second thoughts if my product can deliver.
Good job, hard to advance
Inside Sales Representative & Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 10, 2017
The company as a whole is great. Good product and relaxed environment. However, getting ahead is nearly impossible. Regardless of performance. Consistent headcount restrictions and reductions make promotions and transfers impossible.

Engineers and executives have the world here. Everyone else is just holding on.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Advancement opportunities are slim
I loved the fast pace environment of Start Up companies
Inside Sales Manager - Federal Sales (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2017
Something new almost daily at a up an coming start up. Helped build the Inside team. channel and target Fortinet's largest accounts. I built the Inside team to 10-12 ISR's while bringing in the first million dollar and first 2 million dollar deal with the company. Worked eight years with Fortinet with several different roles. I was happy to see us go IPO when the market was not that strong.
Pros
Great team with a ton of Security experinence
Cons
very little marketing and too much turn around.
Good product, confused management
Channel Account Manager, Carrier Channel Sales (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 6, 2017
Good products with high performance and competitive pricing. Muddy future direction as no marketing that can chart a course. Sales management is a revolving door.
Fortinet is in constant change
National Account Manager (Channel Sales) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 1, 2017
The only bad point about Fortinet is that it in constant. I'm flexible and was comfortable with change. in the end the whole sales team was restructure and I was laid off with 100s of others.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, great benefits
Cons
needs better communication and constant change

Want to know more about Fortinet?

Ask a question
Great pay, bad corporate culture
employee (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 23, 2017
The company has great people, but unfortunately doesn't follow through on the corporate values it establishes. The pay is great, but people are not. Very high turn over at this company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of proper corporate values
a great growing company on the way
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
Still needs some infrastructure to get there whether it is technology or people, but definitely on the way. No support system in place for executives. The company operates as a small start up and this has it's good and bad. The health coverage and benefits are great.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
needs support sytems
Aggressive growing company in Internet Security Space
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2017
Part of a small team of Account Managers to support several large Fortinet customers. Team was responsible for all customer issues and carried an aggressive quarterly quota.

Fortinet is extremely supportive of their customer needs and employ a diverse workforce who are not afraid to take risks.

Enjoyed the time I spent with Fortinet and would both recommend and work for them again.
Pros
Growing Industry
Cons
Sales Management used threats of firing constantly if quota was not retired.
Overall Good Place to work
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 31, 2017
Great Job great benefits. Coworkers and manger were great as well. Offices are being relocated is my reason for leaving. So currently I am looking for new opportunities.
Fortinet Inc.
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Fortinet Inc is thriving company that strives in innovation and technology but lacking in Marketing compared to other competitors.

The managers I had the pleasure of working with understood that their employees are human beings and treats them as such. Never had I ever had a manager that cared for the welfare of their people and their families.
Pros
Free Donuts at HQ, Free Coffee, Excellent Benefits, Essp
Cons
Dramatic changes, Engineer focused rather then marketing focused
Only latam hq
SUPPORT ENGINEER / NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The TAC LATAM Management is oriented to young people, few opportunities to experimented guys if they are old, or they have a lot of experience
ping pong, great people to work with
Principal Dev QA /Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 7, 2016
worked on the CASB products
Great company to work and great people to work with
Free lunches, good outdoor activities and great product to work on
work hard and play hard
good balance
Principal software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 28, 2016
Great people, good culture.
One can go on their own speed and management is helpful and involved with engineers.
Good learning opportunity and most people have choice to change the team.
picking pulling material items wireless recovers packing and shipping.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 25, 2016
Great eviorment had lo leave job because it was to far for me as well as pay was good 15 and hour people there are friendly pulling items worth over half a mil.
Pros
Free food after 12 hr be nicest
Cons
No cons
Great environment, well management, fun to work at
(LMS) Administrator (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 25, 2016
I am working with the LMS group and they have been kind, helpful and have taken the time to ensure I understand their processes. They are a strong, smart group who want the best for the customers experience who are working for the different certification. This has been a wonderful experience.