ABOUT FORTIS ADVISORS
Fortis Advisors is a professional services firm that serves as a post-closing shareholder representative in private M&A transactions. We allow selling shareholders to outsource the burden, responsibility and risk of the shareholder representative function to someone with the experience, dedication and commitment to serve that role. Our services are both administrative and advisory. Our clients include hundreds of venture capital and private equity funds and thousands of shareholders who exit their investments through M&A transactions. We are expanding our operations and require a Shareholder Support Associate to provide support to our shareholder clients.
We are recruiting for a Shareholder Support Associate to join our professional services team to provide customer service for our various shareholder clients. The Shareholder Support Associate is often the first point of contact for shareholders with respect to questions related to M&A transactions. Our ideal candidate would be able to critically analyze data and information contained in transaction documents (i.e. merger agreements, asset purchase agreements, escrow agreements) and Excel spreadsheets (i.e. advanced excel skills are required). This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, and establishing and maintaining communication with shareholders to keep them updated with status of their requests.
- Answer shareholder calls and respond to shareholder emails; research, resolve and follow-up on shareholder inquiries
- Assist in the processing of escrow releases and payments to shareholders
- Partner internally with senior managers to ensure the appropriate research and resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Analyze shareholder data contained in Excel spreadsheets
- Work with banks and payment agents to ensure that shareholders receive their transaction proceeds
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and process monthly client statements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; (Paralegal Certificate would be an added benefit, but not required)
- Must be located in San Diego
- Experience in legal, accounting, finance or banking roles; experience with accounting/administration in the retail banking or investment management industry would be an added benefit, but not required
- Must be able to work well in high pressure situations under tight deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure while remaining focused
- Must be self-motivated and client service oriented
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Excel including Pivot tables, Charting, Advanced formulas and functions, Text file importing/exporting
- NetSuite experience would be added benefit
Please email your resume and cover letter to the email address provided.