Fortis College

Fortis College Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: The Nursing Program closed
I enjoyed working with the nursing student. The instructors all stuck together to benefit the student. We wanted all of them to pass the boards. the DON listen to the teachers.
A challenging workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Easily accessible location, most holidays off, decent vacation time offered, 401k.
Cons: Lack of communication, poor planning, infrequent lunch breaks or coverage, too many smoke breaks allowed, no raises in 4 years.
The job requires a lot of multi-tasking and within short time periods. Most of the employees are pleasant and enjoyable to work with but a few are very difficult to work with. They don't work well in a team environment. Communication is a big part of working at a college, but the communication here is lacking. Stress levels are high. Recognition and respect are not easy to come by here. Even if you go above and beyond what is asked or required of you, nothing positive comes from it. There is great potential for this particular business, management just doesn't seem to know how to release it.
Very knowledgable and helpful
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Ravenna, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free wifi and libary assistance
Cons: short hours
I am so very happy that I decided to go to Fortis College when I went back to school, and then to work at the Library resource center was an even bigger plus. I have learned a lot at Fortis in my school work and through my experiences as the LRC asst. The librarian at the LRC is very helpful and knowledgeable in resources that many students did not know they had access to. This is a job that the things I learned here I will be able to apply anywhere.
They will not give up on their students like their employees
Allied Health Program Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2015
Pros: back up their employees
Cons: sometimes work a lot of hours
They did a fantastic job for student or employees. They also gave employees to advance into their education so that way they can advance in their departments. They would actually praise you at your meetings to let the entire school knows your accomplishment with the rest of your peers
Enjoyable yet challenging work environment
Registrar / Director of Student Services (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 13, 2015
Pros: staff, faculty
Cons: compensation
Fortis College has many great individuals who are here to educate and train our students to the best of their ability. I enjoy what I do for the students. Assisting our students with their futures is an awesome task I have been awarded. Assisting students with their schedules, books, grades, student services, files, recognizing their challenges, etc. has made me really want to reach more individuals who are willing to change their lives and make their experiences will worth any obstacle that is in their path. With the help of the staff and faculty Fortis has been an institution that is striving for success for our students.
Definitely an opportunity to effect change
HVAC-R Program Director/Skilled Trades (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2015
A great opportunity to change someone's life by giving them a skill set that they never had is rewarding. It takes a great deal of time and commitment.
Fair
Director of Simulation (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great students and co-workers
Cons: Long Long Long hours
No Raises in 5 years, Took away matching 401K. Many days go from 6:30 am till 7pm. Then grading from 7-midnight. Best part of the job was the great students.
Productive and fun environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience.
Cons: Minimum benefits.
Help students with resume building techniques.
My customer service skills have improved.
I have great managers.
The hardest part of my job is knowing I will be graduating and leaving soon, as this is only a work study position.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people I work with.
Great place to work!
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: 9-5 hours
Cons: none
I loved working here. Great work-life balance. Own office and not some cube sitting right next to someone else. The people here became more like family than business associates. Great health insurance. I can't say enough great things!
Every one got along great
Financial aid advisor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 3, 2015
As management I successfully performed supervisory duties of the office such as creating a solid schedule while approving time off requests from employees, implementing procedures for cashiers and baggers to be allotted breaks without weakening quality customer service, and at the end of the day prepared all earnings made for bank deposit.
teaching in the trades is a great way to help the next generation
HVAC Instructor (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 12, 2015
Teaching from the basics of hvac to the more detailed controls and troubleshooting. I got a feeling of accomplishment from my job at Fortis.
Money hungry
Welding / Fabrication Instructor (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great instructors
Cons: management
the main thing this school cares about is filling their pockets. students come second and thats not right, they should come first
Working at Fortis College was a fun and productive place to work.
Barbering Instructor Fortis College (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pro i had the freedom to bring exciting teaching techniques to the classroom.
Cons: the students did not have time to regroup between modules.
Facilitate information that is required for the Barber profession. I've learned to stay motivated even when others fall short of task. I enjoy learning new skills and teaching others.
wonderful work place
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor, part time (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 21, 2015
working for Fortis was a very enjoyable experience. The coworkers are pleasant. My supervisor was always there when I needed her, and a fantastic person.
The downside was not enough student enrollment for the next semester, so my classes were cancelled.
Fantastic Place
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2015
My job study assignment was a place in which I developed a new appreciation for educators. There was so much to learn from everyone in all the departments and they were more than willing to share their knowledge of the medical field.
I enjoy my job, very professional group of teacher trying to improve the live of their students.
Medical Assistants Program Instructor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: co- workers
Cons: work environment
I did work at this school for a short period. Excellent co- worker whom taught me a lot
Greate School
Nursing Student (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Very hands on and productive school. I do not work at Fortis College, I am a current student. The classes are very challenging, and the teachers are always helpful. The school does provide the state exam for nursing students, it is included in student tuition.
Never a dull day
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2015
You received a close relationship with your students. Classes are some what crammed into 6 weeks
Fortis has much work to do before it can compete with regional colleges.
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), Centerville, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Fortis College has been trying to improve their image by bringing quality folks. The quality is there but management is very micro and constantly changing procedures. Basically, fixing something that isn't broken.

Accrediting body has approved the college's nursing program. They are expensive because it is a private entity; instructors are wonderful to work with so we can help the new graduates and previous graduate.

However, I cannot complain about the great group of folks I work with-- they are fantastic people with different skillset and each one of us complements the other. We have a great time working together and think outside the box to achieve results.
Federal Work Study
Library Aide (Former Employee), Mobile, AlabamaJanuary 8, 2015
it was a wonderful experience. the most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the smiles on the kids faces when they could walk into the clean and well organized library and choose from books that were arranged according to their reading level.

1 2 3 4 5