FORTIS COLLEGE

FORTIS COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job here at Fortis is the fact that I get to change students lives by enrolling them in to college.
Work study
Floater (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 7, 2014
They were view flexible with my schedule. I was pregnant so the were willing to work with me.
Great Place to work
Clinical Externship Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston TexasSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: flex. hours
Cons: pay raise
I've been here for over 4 years. the management is great and the co workers are very close.
Great College
Homemaker/College Student (Current Employee), Belle Vernon, PAAugust 12, 2014
Great communication and able to advance easily and learn. Work frequently on the computer with this college and plan to advance my degree.
expensive and qucik
Student Nurse (Former Employee), centerville, ohAugust 11, 2014
expensive but quick way to acheive career goals.

Staff is helpful

lab equipement needs updated
Tutoring local Elementary school students.
Work Study Tutor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: part time
I LOVED this position tutoring local elementary school students. I became really close to all the kids as I tutored them in reading and writing. I also helped the teacher out with grading, planning the days curriculum, as well as many other duties.
Fortis College is doing whats right for the student
Former Employee (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: helping students change their lives.
Cons: struggling financially
I found Fortis College to be a good place to work. They truly are centered on their students. They have struggled just like other schools and because of that we were not given raises for three years. I am not sure if the industry will allow this school to grow any.
Interactive Learning Environment
Medical Technologist Instructor (Current Employee), Baton RougeJune 16, 2014
Pros: enjoy challenging students
Cons: pay scale
Teaching Microbiology, General Chemistry, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Toxicology and Medical Anatomy & Physiology. Teaching with creative and instrumental students.
An educational and productive workplace
Fortis College Internship (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: gained good experience as well as skills
Cons: no benefits since it was part time
I gained most of my skills and experience in this work place. Although I was unfortunately laid off it does not take away from the fact that I learned very much wile working there and the things I learned I can definitely apply to any new job I may have.
school
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Centerville, OHJune 11, 2014
attended school here. They offer good clinical sites and a lot of the teachers are very caring
Very Challenging
Clinical Coordinator/Instructor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2014
It is constantly playing cath-up.

However, I am also constantly rewarded when I see past graduates the can now provide for themselves and their families.
Great locations and excellent instructors
Career Services (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 22, 2014
Pros: great insructors and student focused campus activities
Cons: bad decisons are made at the campus levels.
It was a GREAT place to work until the Camps President left to go and work for another college and different company.
This was a very good job and I will miss working with the students
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Centerville, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: salary and benifits
Cons: having to leave this position due to reduction of force @ fortis
My typical day at Fortis College usually started @ 0715 am. I was the "go to person" for students issues, concerns and daily computer testing. I had an open door policy and was always available to students and staff for support and help. I learned a great deal from my job at Fortis, was able to deal with multi areas of concern and interact with the – more... school president as well as each and every student as needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the students complete their education, graduate to become outstanding nurses both in the Practical as well as the Registered Nursing arena. The hardest part of my job was having to inform a student that they had failed out of the program academically and that they would not be able to fulfill their dream of becoming a nurse. – less
Great job fro any student
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
I worked with a great team. The ladies were very helpful. I enjoyed completing tasks and being the extra help they needed. I found nothing hard about the job.
Not a good place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement, discriminatory practices
A typical day at work is stressful. The company is very disorganized and none of the departments work as a team or are on the same page. The Corporation that owns the school, Education Affiliates, does not care about the students or employees. They are only concerned with making money, no matter how it's done. They are depending on getting students – more... in who are at or below the poverty level because the company will benefit from the federal aid students are awarded. This gives them a sizable profit, which is the bottom line. – less
Students First
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2014
Students should come first, they deserve the best education possible.
Quantity over Quality
Faculty (Current Employee), Montgomery AlabamaMarch 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no job security, inability to be autonomous
Admission requirements are lax. Administration lacks insight about academics, is not able to provide adequate leadership for student success, and lacks vision. Typical day at work is spent putting out fires. Disorganized without adequate policy implementation. Co-workers awesome. Hardest part of job is maintenance of integrity.
School environment with students eager to learn
Academic Instructor/Admission Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 27, 2014
Pros: helping others, giving others an opportunity for better learning
Cons: could not get everyone into college
Learned to work well with others in a high social environment and to prepare students for the nursing field.
Has a great deal of stress and drama daily.
RN Instructor (Current Employee), Centerville, OHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: demanding
Management is not good at supporting staff decisions even if decisions follow policy. Main concern is bottom line money making as this is a private college. Recent graduates have had poor NCLEX pass rates.
Most Enjoyable Part of The Job
Librarian Assistant - Work Study Student (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free books when they were no longer needed.
Cons: no opportunity for growth.
I genuinly like what I do and everyday I learned something different.

1 2 3 4 5