Fortis College Employee Reviews

Corporate Business
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Fortis runs by getting in as many students as it can, charging them, then letting them fail and keeping as much of the money as it can. Teachers are a revolving door.
I was a federal work study
Career Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 5, 2017
As a work study my experience was not the same as a regular employer. I only worked 20 hours a week and couldn't receive any benefits. I worked in Career Services and my manager was amazing. She understood that my goal wads to be a Dental hygienist and would allow me to study after i completed my daily task.
Fortis College
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  miami, flAugust 31, 2017
Wonderful experience. I learned a lot, and management was really great. I loved everything about it the job, and there wasn't anything I dislike I would definitely recommend this job to a friend.
Organized
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 30, 2017
Wonderful people, Extremely engaged students, just unsteady hours and Instructors are often put on hold at a minimum of 6 weeks at a time due to lack of students
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Unsteady work
Stressful but balanced
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 29, 2017
Program director and other Instructors are great, however Dean is unpredictable, intimidating, nonsupporting and vindictive.
Students are great. Pay is excellent. There are no benefits and they do not give you long enough prep time. Unfortunately the Dean does not stand by and have the back of the Instructors. The work is great. However, you do a lot of work at home without getting paid. I continue with the company because teaching is my passion.
Lack of Leadership
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 22, 2017
The management flow over the entire campus was horrible, which stemmed from the top. There was a lot of micro managing, and just poor leadership skills as a whole.
work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2017
admissions rep, florida, work, benefits, vacation pay, helping students with their careers and programs and career choices and decisions . located in Orlando
nice program limited funds
Lead Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2017
Fortis college welding program was one of the best but due to corporate over regulation on funds basically trully a for profit school. Although as for the trades department you will not find a better more caring more knowledgeable more dedicated to helping there students succeed. even though most of us pretty much had to live there from 8 am til 11 pm four days a week and only got paid for 40 hrs and were expected to attend meeting and work off the clock if you work over 40 hrs you are wrote up.All in all great place to work if corporate wasn't so terrible and upper management was more about the students instead of their bottom line. As for pay the instructors may not all have college degrees but the company wont even pay the instructors who are all journymen in their trades a journyman wage
Pros
top notch instructors
Cons
cut throat for profit school
Golden years are over, it's going downhill.
Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 11, 2017
The management of the management was poor. I fault the headquarters and the poor business model of this institution for its downfall. Over time it became clear that the philosophy of the headquarters was "What new idea can we roll out this term to help us make more money or recover from the loss of money last term?" This place did have a time when they were successful and employee satisfaction was high, but due to the mentality of their headquarters these golden years were not sustainable.
Full time nursing faculty
Nursing Instructor, PN Program, ADN Program (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 6, 2017
Orientation by fire. Lots of work to do on your own time. Some weekend clinicals. Expectations to help with camps outside of your 40 hour work week. Not enough prep time/office time for the classes you teach. Great co-workers!! Everyone helps out to try to make things better.

Want to know more about Fortis College?

Ask a question
One of the worst companies that I worked for
Senior-Level Director (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 2, 2017
I was ecstatic when I first started working for this company as a Director. The company was great when it was MedVance. Once it was taken over by Fortis, it became horrible to work for.
Worked as a Team
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 28, 2017
My supervisor at Fortis College, while still being my superior, was always working "with" me to insure my work and my appearance looked good at the job. She looked out for my best interest and mentored me in my position.
Pros
Team Spirited Atmosphere
Cons
Employment was Short Lived.
Heavy work load
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 28, 2017
The teaching in the class room is great, however it can be very overwhelming when things are not ordered, other instructors don't follow the rules and it can be very disorganized.
Pros
the sucess of the stuent is very rewarding
Cons
no raises, no team work
Great school
Phlebotomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Forty Fort, PAJuly 23, 2017
They hire well qualified instructors that work in the medical field. They have small classes for more personalized instructing. They do really care about their staff and students.
Pros
Very good education
Cons
Can not think of any
Great "Family" to Work For
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 19, 2017
Great atmosphere at site. It's what keeps good folks working there.
Salaries are lower than other employers for same service, and it is virtually impossible to get full-time benefit-eligible work.
Pros
Great administration
Cons
No full-time, benefit-eligible positions for faculty
Fun Place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working with students and teaching them Massage Therapy. I enjoyed the ability to work with people and teach them how do to do something that they enjoyed along with myself. I love making people feel better and relaxed and this was a great environment to do this in.
great workplace enviornment
Extersnhip Coordinator, student services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2017
Excellent team to work with. Great support, great atmosphere. Typical 7-8 hour work day. Lots of diversity within job. I loved everything about this job and am sorry that the company has chosen to close this campus..
Pros
great people
Cons
bad location
Team environment
Allied Health Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 12, 2017
Great team environment. Everyone is willing to help each other. We have open an open door policy. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the light bulbs come on in students head when they finally "get it".
Overworked
LPN Lead Instructor/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 6, 2017
Management has changed working situations are strained not enough staff to provide the services needed. The hardest part of the job is relaying the information to the students in a relatable way.
fast paced academic environment
PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR/PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 5, 2017
My typical workday includes a great deal of student interaction as well as working in a team environment where each member of the staff is dedicated to each student's success.
Pros
co-workers, student interactions
Cons
the drive