Fortis Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Loved working here.
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 19, 2017
I loved working at Wausau Manor Nursing Home. I have nothing bad to say about the work that I did as a Dietary Aid. However, I worked there two years with awards of doing good work and not ever once got a single raise and the managers were either always busy or not in their office.
Pros
Loved the eldery that lived there, co workers, and the work.
Cons
No breaks. Don't really get any raises.
not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 12, 2017
They promise all kinds of things to get you in then they take them all awawy. There is bullying in upper management and they couldn't tell the truth to save their souls. I have never worked for such a self distructive facility
Sign on bonus TERROR
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WASeptember 10, 2017
I joined for the sign on bonus and the promise of room to grow, Since working there, I have been threatened and bullied by management when asked for assistance from them. Constantly short staffed, nurses over overloaded with high patients loads and high acuity loads. And management does nothing to ensure staff safety. Sign on bonus only paid in Monthly installments and if you quit, you have to pay it back. So your stuck there in a Nightmare work environment until your year is up unless you can afford to pay the bonus back.
Run Away
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 1, 2017
Working at RIVERSIDE is so horrible , Staff to Resident ration is horrible ! Staff is very unreliable, Management is horrible , they all left to save themselves, Roaches are in dining rooms , residents rooms , sometimes there is no linen and we have to wash residents with Pillowcases , the dietary workers are so rude , some of the nurses are so helpful to CNAs . Some helps us and some don't . My coworkers kept me going
Pros
hours, overtime
Cons
staff unreliable
the few bucks more an hour are NOT worth it
CNA (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WAAugust 31, 2017
Filthy, lack of staff, management ignores important issues, dangerous staff to resident ratios,health insurance expensive, if you are offered a bonus get it in writing, staff lacks experience
Pros
Cons
everything
don't sign on just because of a sign on bous
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2017
I was hired as a full time LPN; and never was able to receive the full time status. They hired me and the employee which was to train me; was allowed to go on vacation. I have been waiting patiently to train on the floor for over 2 weeks. I have never had an employer be so ridiculous in their training. The right hand had no idea about the left hand. Orientation was backwards. Mainly because they called me and wanted me to work with the company in less than a fourteen hour notice. I had to ask questions about where to park, scrub attire, how to swipe into work, etc. It made me feel uncomfortable.
Pros
full time with no training over 2 weeks
Cons
ability to meet others
Love it here!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2017
I've worked here for two years and cannot wait to continue my career here as a nurse once I graduate. They are flexible with my schedule while in school and I love all my coworkers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, management, vacation pay for full time
Run away
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIAugust 20, 2017
Human resources is a joke the facility should be closed down because i dont know how they passed there state survey there a few good staff but toxic nothing nice
Pros
Good pay
Very slow paced environment
Internet Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIAugust 18, 2017
The day drags on because of lack of work to do. It is very slow paced and gets very boring. When there is work to do the day goes by fast but that is rarely. High turn over rate. Compensation is not good at all.
Awful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 16, 2017
Staffing is terrible. Always short on CNAs and you always know you are going to get mandated almost everyday that you work. Management helped as much as they could but that wasn't near enough.
Benefits
Poor management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 14, 2017
The director has no empathy for the staff. A very stressful place to work for. I felt unappreciated and underpaid. There is favoritism within the team. The management is unfair and very poor.
Great
team leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2017
As a team leader I passed meds, charted on resident’s condition or change of condition, transcribed orders, performed wound dressing and treatment changes, blood glucose checks, injections, update physicians and families on resident’s condition or order changes, admissions, discharges, codes, AED, supervision of CNAs on team, and assisting with ADLs as needed
Terrible now they have defaulted
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 5, 2017
If you have a license stay away. Regional support is punitive and ineffective. Minnesota team is a joke. Software technology poor cause they can't afford it.
Pros
Soup
Cons
Everything they have no capital or cash.
Unprofessional upper management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 28, 2017
Upper management posts negative comments about nursing staff on Facebook when they should be our positive leadership. Management not held accountable for any wrongful actions.
Pros
Floor staff work well together.
Cons
Facility has much greater potential.
A center that continues to grow and improve..due to our staff!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 10, 2017
Many changes have occurred at our Center over the last six months; all have made improvements in the quality of care we are able to provide our residents. Co-workers and management alike work together to make sure our residents needs are met. The hardest part of the job is 'getting it all done', which is normal in healthcare. Upper management is responsive and good about making sure we have the people and supplies to do the best for our residents, and being supportive in doing the right thing every day. We just completed a "Quality Survey"-first time ever! I am proud to work for Fortis, and in particular, Beloit H&R.
Pros
Everyone working together for our residents.
Cons
Never enough hours in the day!
Toxic environment
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJuly 5, 2017
No recommended work place. There is little concern for the well-being of the residents. Poor care is covered up at the expense of the residents. The state has a close eye on this corporate team.
Productive and Fun
Scheduler/Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2017
A typical work day would be to help clients, answer multi phone line assist co-workers as needed. Maintain schedules and spreadsheets. Days are usually very busy assisting clients and guest. Enjoy people and helping it's very fulfilling to assist people in need of different situations. I love the outcome when I can make some one smile or assist them as they were hoping for. I like busy days and helping, there is no such thing as it's not my job, I will help where and when as needed. I take a positive approach on any project, even if it's something I don't much like doing. The outcome of success is greater then the difficult or not so attractive project.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
long lunches
Room for growth
RN Unit manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2017
Management supportive.
On call and staffing issue.
Education offered for certification and then not received
Learned a lot from on hands wound care and being a part of wound team.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Staffing call ins and coverage
RN's - Stay Away
RN (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 11, 2017
Understaffed. Rude CNA's, don't do anything the nurses ask them to do. At times they'll cuss the nurses out. Work gets passed from shift to shift. Sometimes physician orders sit over 24 hours before someone actually works on them. Management don't care. You can talk to management 10 x about the same issue and nothing changes.
Pros
Hours available because of shortage of staff
Cons
Rudeness, understaffed, overworked
The WORST place you could ever work
Certified Nursing Assistant /Certified Med Passer (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJune 2, 2017
This is the WORST COMPANY I have EVER worked for. They do illegal activity and have the laziest management I have ever seen. I am quitting ASAP as are my fellow coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortis. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9