Fortress Investment Group

Fortress Investment Group Employer Reviews

Overall good, depends which business you are in
Financial Analyst / Strategic Liaison (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Decent pay, not crazy hours, management varies from group to group.
Intern
Junior Analyst Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
I was a junior analyst/intern. I had a great experience and worked for very smart people but can't comment further.
Great culture
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2013
Pros: compensation is very good
Cons: leadership at the top does not realize the efforts being put in by those working for them
Fortress fosters a great culture that is not typical for such a large hedge fund.
Challenging but rewarding experience
Vice President (Current Employee), New York City, NYApril 29, 2013
The place is very deadline driven and is quite fast-paced. You have to be able to think quickly and be as productive as possible. You definitely learn a lot through it's complex structure and exposure to a vast variety of investment products.
Productive and fun work environment
FX Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 8, 2013
• Maintain accurate account of inventory including hedge positions on Foreign Currency.
• Responsible for the daily reconciliation of Prime Broker, Foreign Exchange breaks.
• Responsible for execution support, Trade Allocation including Equities, Swap Transactions, Futures, Fixed Income, and Foreign
Exchange trades.
great place and environment to work in
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2013
all pleasant experiences
wouldn't have changed this important point in my career. I have learned a great deal.
Great.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), 5600 6 Ave of the Americas New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great advancement
Very Great place for advancement. Great Management, and good long lunch breaks. Sorting bags and bags of mail is a bummer but not much to complain.
A typical day
Executive Assistant to New York CORP IT (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Well organized calendars and travel and expense reimbursment process.
Constant work made enjoyable because of great team work.
Senior Network/IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2012
Pros: great benefits and salary, varied duties
Cons: job is fundamentally 24/7 even when not on-call
Fortress is by corporate standards a small company. This is both a plus and a negative.
The size of the company made for an interesting challenge and required providing support to traders, admins and executives. Our helpdesk, desktop support team worked well together as we provided all levels of support. We did not have an overnight shift so monthly – more... 24/7 on-call was mandatory. Small companies have small budget making technical support more difficult than is should be. The weekly support meeting were the best part of the week and very helpful because we discussed all the issues we encountered throughout the week and we were able to share resolutions to specific problems. The most difficult part of the job was related to the company size. Because it was small many employees knew us on a first name basis and did not hesitate to contact use directly, even when we were home and not on-call. All management contact was done through supervisor so we never communicated with them directly. The most important thing I learned was the value of team work. The job would have been impossible without it. – less
Très bien
Administrative Assistant Financial Manager (Former Employee), Genève, GEAugust 31, 2013
Pros: promotion et bonus
Cons: je rien à dire
Environement très agréable, haut standar, bon salaire plus bonus, partager assurance maladie avec les employeurs, promote pour faire les courses formations neccessaire et reimburser.