FortuneBuilders, Inc. Employee Reviews

Trump University
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
It's the same business model as Trump University. If you are in sales you may make some money, but you have to make 100 calls a day in a high pressure environment. We are talking pushing elderly and desperate people over the edge to pay the tuition (25-50k).
Pros
Near beach
Cons
Fraud, cult like, failed business model
Great people honest have integrity
Manager of the preview team (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2016
Best company I have worked for, they care about there employees and want them to improve in all aspects of life, work and personal they care about you as an individual
Pros
Honest and have integrity
Cons
Have to travel
I love this company!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
I love it at FortuneBuilders because they do things differently. They want to help their students AND their employees grow personally and professionally, which is hard to find. I believe in what they are doing and I like that I know there are other opportunities outside of my current role if I feel the need to change directions.
Pros
Leadership Training, Personal & Professional Growth opportunities, Driven Employees, Recognition Programs, etc.
Cons
Nothing!
A breeding ground for professional & personal growth
Inside Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2016
Prior to joining FortuneBuilders, I'd spent decades of my career in corporate America, exposed to diverse company cultures and various leadership philosophies. I've never before experienced the pleasure of working with such a mission-driven, highly-motivated and passionate group of individuals. FortuneBuilders' dedication to its Customers, its employees and the company, fosters an indescribable energy that surges throughout the entire organization. FortuneBuilders truly is in a league all its own.

However, be forewarned! This is a growing company, opportunities are ample, and certainly not a place for any person possessing a mindset of mediocrity. People here truly live the company's Core Values, believe in its Mission and execute its Vision, at the highest possible level, every single day.
Pros
Incredible culture, amazing people and a compelling future
Cons
The hours can be long but each moment I've spent here has positively transformed me, from the inside out.
Work Life balances itself
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
This organization walks the talk. They live their mission and work hard, play hard is embodied in the culture. Personal and professional growth is expected, encouraged and nurtured.
Pros
Makes everyday exciting to go to work
Cons
Offices are full due to the growth but new space is on the way
Couldn't be happier with the Job
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAJune 13, 2016
This is a job for those who want more out of life. The company culture is all about personal growth & I find myself surrounded by go-getters on a daily basis. This is not a role for someone who wants a standard 40 hr week, a job "just to pay the bills" and wait for the weekend. The hours are long & the environment plus the pay-out make it worth every second! This is a job for someone who is willing to invest time into themselves to grow both personally and professionally.
Opportunity of a Lifetime!!
Inside Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
FortuneBuilders has literally changed my life. Everyday I'm surrounded by like-minded people that are dedicated to their craft of changing people's lives for the better! We work A LOT, so it's nice to be around people who love what they do, and live the core values inside and outside of work.

Management is incredibly knowledgeable, and helpful. They're always looking for ways to make us better, and when we do well - they celebrate it!

Keep doing what you're doing FB!
Pros
Growth opportunities
FortuneBuilders has changed my life...
Business Adviser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
FortuneBuilders has taught me how to set and achieve goals. I have learned how to develop myself and grow as a professional as well as in my personal life. I have become part of a family that cares about me and my progress. As a business adviser, I have also learned how to prepare for financial freedom myself, but more importunately I have learned how to help others achieve their personal and financial goals. FortuneBuilders has quite literally changed my life and inspired me to help others in a variety of ways. I approach challenges in a different way and have an entirely new perspective on life. I crush every day and am grateful for all that I have and will continue to learn with the company.
Pros
Culture, support, guidance, personal development and growth, financial support, positive environment
Cons
High expectations... but that's not really a con
Best company I have ever worked for....
Inside Admissions Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
The culture and core values here at FB are amazing! We are constantly being pushed to accomplish and grow daily which really fits into my idea of a great career. I have worked here over 8 years and dont ever plan on leaving. However if you're not into personal growth or working hard you will have a tough time handling the demands and standards we expect at FB.
Best culture I have worked in!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
Everyday I get to come into work without the feeling of dread. I work with an amazing team who are not only smart and driven, but I also consider friends. The company is very big into personal and professional growth and so I have learned so much about my self that I am now a happier, more productive person.

The hardest part of working here is the high expectations. We are all held accountable for everything that we do and are encouraged to present ideas and be valuable contributors at every level.

The most enjoyable aspect is the potential for growth, the casual enviornment and being surrounded by driven, motivated individuals everyday.
Pros
High Energy, Growth Opportunities, Benefits, Location
Cons
Logistics (but this is changing)
Best Company Leadership and Culture
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
I truly love coming to work each and every day. The fun, casual, fast-paced culture is driven by the leadership within FortuneBuilders, and its contagious!

You get out what you put in here! You are constantly being pushed and challenged to be a better version of yourself. Professional and Personal growth is unreal here, and you are provided with all the right tools to succeed in both areas..

This company has truly changed my life in so many ways, and I can honestly say that I hope FortuneBuilders is the last company I work for.
Pros
Leadership, location, culture, company lunches, opportunity!
Cons
Parking is rough due to the growth, but will be changing once bigger location is finished.
nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2016
nice scenery, it was located right by the beach. So on days it was nice to take a walk or eat lunch on the beach. But there was no room for growth within the company
Pros
beach
Cons
no growth
ethics and integrity
Contact Center Rep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2015
Best company i have yet to work for! Great ways to get educated on real estate and investing! Great advancement as well! Lots of developing and personal growth.
Fun and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2015
I loved working here at this amusement park the kids face when they arrived and seen al the goodies we have to offer the was priceless.
The sjows was fun and rides is awesome. very nice co workers as well .
Great Company, Needs Better Supervisors
Inbound/Outbound Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
The company is awesome but people in supervisory roles dont do thing but try to get you fired. Going out to lunches and walking the hallways, talking bad about coworkers, unhealthy working enviroment. Work is easy, compensation is acceptable, great beach location. Hours suck and are chosen by familiarity of the person (If the supervisor likes you or you are related). Dont say words like "Ridiculous" to a customer or you most likely will get fired. Even if they want to sign up for educational services with only their initials.. You get one day off out of the week and Saturdays are only for those who have been there the longest, kiss the most booty, or elderly. Not for those who take public transportation and cant get there at 6am when they live 15mi away. If you have to take public transportation to and from this job forget it. They put those that do at the bottom and dont care about the two hour bus rides there and back.
Pros
Compensation, location, easy work
Cons
supervisors, schedules, immaturity
Love the work environment
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
This is a great place to gain experience and meet great people. You also learn a lot about the company and they do a lot of team building activities.
Dynamic Culture Centered on Learning
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Working at FortuneBuilders is unlike any experience I have ever had. As a corporate recruiter for eight sister companies, I am in constant contact with individuals looking to join the organization, hiring managers, as well as our C-Suite.

As an entrepreneurial organization, our company encourages employees to operate in their role as if it were their own business. In this light, I have been an integral part in crafting the candidate experience to reflect our culture and attract the highest talent. As a company that primarily offers learning opportunities to our clients, we see the importance of constant evolution and every job is crafted so that the individual has the resources to be fully engaged. The hardest part of my job is turning people away knowing what an awesome opportunity it is to work for FortuneBuilders. For this reason, I make it a point to make every interaction with my candidates on in which they can have a "take away". Even if an interview does not result in a job offer, I want them to learn something about themselves that can be used to improve.
Pros
Location 2 blocks from beach, work-life balance, open communication
Benefits
Strong educational experience. Little chance for advancement but great people to work with.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Pacific beach CANovember 9, 2014
The day is from 8 AM to 7 PM and you call past customers for increased sales. This is a on call close. They teach on a daily basis. Education is what they sell and do every day.
Pros
Quarterly trips and prizes, 2 blocks from the beach, This is a entry level position, It has a 6 figure income.
Cons
It leaves no room for personal growth, They like to hire singles, This is not a family position, All trips are without the spouse.
fun work place
Inbound/Outbound Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2014
laid back atmosphere learned alot about real estate business, management is very down to earth, coworkers very friendly, hardest part of the job was getting customers to understand the process, most enjoyable part was there was no micro management
Pros
conveniently located, easy, and fun
Disorganized and Mis-managed Startup
Event Coordinator and Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Travel/San DiegoDecember 9, 2013
FortuneBuilders Started out as a really fun place to work with all star employees and an awesome work culture. As the market started to change and the company became more corporate they tightened up finances and in the almost two years I've worked for them I've received no raise or opportunity to move up the totem pole. They gave me a ton of work experience in different areas for my resume, but I feel there is no room for improvement and the management and HR departments are filled with people who have never managed before.
Pros
People, Culture, Travel
Cons
Poor Management, Pay, No room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FortuneBuilders, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3