Fortunoff Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Executive Assistant to the CMO (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 28, 2017
The best retailer on Long Island.It was our store whether you shopped or worked at Fortunoff. Every day was a new and exciting experience. I am still sad that our Fortunoff is gone.
Pros
An honor to be a employee
Cons
This retail icon has closed
One first jobs I ever had
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 6, 2016
It was one of the best earliest work experiences of my life.
At the time the 80's they were high end everything from jewelry , crystal, dinner wear, silver, frames, furniture, outdoor furniture ,
Best display for Xmas. Affordable price.
Customer service excellence before they became incorporated and no longer family owned
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Mandatory wear stockings and no pants allowed
Friendlly Atmosphere
Crystal Expediter (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Nice family company to work for,great items. I helped cashiers bag items&inspect crystal items. was sad to hear when part of the company had closed.
Sometimes fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 8, 2015
Taking incoming phone calls from customer to purchase merchandise over the phone. Management unfortunately was not the easiest to to talk to felt uncomfortable to ask questions. Co-workers could be nice depending if Management was in the office unfortunate. The hardest pat of the job was explaining why a order was not properly place. Customers would sometime get upset if order did not come at the time promised. The most enjoyable part was the job was close to home.
Pros
Close to Mall
Cons
Short brecks
Wonderful staff and family
Payroll Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 2, 2015
This position has enabled me to develop my payroll and HR skills. Likewise, it has challenged me to work with different types of people and to share a great deal of employee relation attributes. The hardest part of the job was to terminate people.
Was an excellent place to work until the company started to experience problems which led to it closing down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Melville NYNovember 7, 2014
As a customer service rep I sold products over the phone ranging from appliances to outdoor furniture while upselling and suggesting alternative products. In a day I answered up to 100 calls and handled callback requests during downtime.
• Assumed a leads role to assist new reps when a supervisor or manager was unavailable.
• Performed follow up calls to make sure customer concerns and complaints were satisfied as well as scheduling delivery and repair calls
• Called the store and service for customers to expedite solutions for issues that had been ongoing.
Pros
good raises, incentive sales promotions, respected company name
Cons
break times were erratic and strange, no assigned desks
intresting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
it was pleasure working with them.Dealing with customers was a good experience.
Cons
Employees get to concentrate in sales more than other jewelry comp.
Diamond & Fine Jewelry Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  1156 Paramus Park, NJ 07652July 26, 2014
Employee get to concentrate at work, Just sales, Some time at Dates we get Training in different,jewelry Items in conference Room with paid lunch, employees get to be up date in all the jewelry procedures and innovations, and qualities of jewelry, co-workers keep the professional rules and sales procedures at all times, one of the hardest part was to keep the employee sales goals it was very high, but that company had good costumers and it was not difficult for me, it was fun, every month we get seminars in different jewelry items and free lunch and souvenirs.
Pros
Conference room seminars with free lunch, Extra Bonus
Cons
When the Line of Furtunoff Jewelry closed some people said it was a con, but I think it was just a Family Dispute for independently inherit Access Money.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative - Sales Department (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 16, 2014
This was a great company to work for but it is currently out of business.
Pros
All around great company.
Very structures organized company
Buyers Clerical (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMay 20, 2014
I gained allot of knowledge in retail buying and operations . This office was run very professionally with a strict corporate environment,

Want to know more about Fortunoff?

Ask a question
Beautiful Items
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2014
Good pay to be a retail store with a decent discount on items. My manager was constantly finding ways to develop my skills when selling fine jewelry
Pros
Discounts/Comissions
Cons
Turnover
Good Experience
Jewelry Buyer (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 26, 2014
A typical day at work would include checking out the jewelry that arrived that day. I would visit with jewelry sales people, which taught me a lot about people, good and bad. I went to the Gemological Institute and they taught me everything about stones, a great experience. I was younger than my co-workers, at first this wasn't great; but as long as I supplied them with good merchandise to sell, we all became buddies. The hardest part of the job was going to the jewelry shows and picking out pieces you hoped would sell. The most enjoyable part was helping people decide on a gift, or just pick out something for themselves. It was satisfying to see items that I had selected, being purchased.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
the very many hours I put in
family oriented
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 20, 2014
Company went out of business, family oriented, goal oriented, friendly teams
fortunoff
Business Associate, Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 24, 2014
I started as a cashier working in college. I was told i can earn money on the side by selling the store credit cards. I knew nothing about sales i just knew how to talk to people and build repore naturally. In two months i broke the record for selling the most cards (100 cards +) in 1 month. This was a job that the sales reps were really responsible for and i out beat them. I was pulled aside by a manager and was told i should not be behing a register i should be on the floor. I was promoted to sales in the cookwear cultury department where i was one of the top sales people in that department.
productive and fun place
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2014
this company was very challenging that improved my skills on a lot of things like scams. I've learned to always double check things was unsure of to be careful of the different policies. the staff was a great and understandable group.
It was a great workplace and a very creative work environment! A great learning experience!
Visual Manager/Shop Planner (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 7, 2014
The company went out of business sadly! I manage a team of 5 people daily and juggled multiple projects daily/monthly. Planned and implemented projects for all store merchandise and seasonal events.
nice
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 10, 2013
The company had alot of good item to sell including furniture.
bankrupt
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 20, 2013
The company went bankrupt around 2009. They now only have a outdoor furniture store in a few locations in NY and NJ. They were big in quality: quality of product and especially quality of service. They were extremely attentive to servicing guest needs and wants. Above and beyond was more of a requirement than a favor. Company went down during the big recession hit of 2007/08. Plus their location didn't help them too much. Store is greatly missed.
Pros
great company
Cons
bankrupt
Great atomosphere and wonderful group of collegues
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYAugust 13, 2013
It was a pleasure to be part of the staff at Fortunoff. I enjoyed my job at Fortunoff for the few years I was there. I would tend to the customers, whether it be as the cashier or as the floor sales associate.
Old company was fine.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 21, 2013
The old company was a reasanably good place to work, but the company has been compleatly restructered, and I have no experience with its current organization.