Fortunoff Employee Reviews

Wonderful staff and family
Payroll Practitioner (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYFebruary 2, 2015
This position has enabled me to develop my payroll and HR skills. Likewise, it has challenged me to work with different types of people and to share a great deal of employee relation attributes. The hardest part of the job was to terminate people.
Was an excellent place to work until the company started to experience problems which led to it closing down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Melville NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good raises, incentive sales promotions, respected company name
Cons: break times were erratic and strange, no assigned desks
As a customer service rep I sold products over the phone ranging from appliances to outdoor furniture while upselling and suggesting alternative products. In a day I answered up to 100 calls and handled – more... callback requests during downtime.
• Assumed a leads role to assist new reps when a supervisor or manager was unavailable.
• Performed follow up calls to make sure customer concerns and complaints were satisfied as well as scheduling delivery and repair calls
• Called the store and service for customers to expedite solutions for issues that had been ongoing. – less
intresting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
it was pleasure working with them.Dealing with customers was a good experience.
Employees get to concentrate in sales more than other jewelry comp.
Diamond & Fine Jewelry Selling Specialist (Former Employee), 1156 Paramus Park, NJ 07652July 26, 2014
Pros: conference room seminars with free lunch, extra bonus
Cons: when the line of furtunoff jewelry closed some people said it was a con, but i think it was just a family dispute for independently inherit access money.
Employee get to concentrate at work, Just sales, Some time at Dates we get Training in different,jewelry Items in conference Room with paid lunch, employees get to be up date in all the jewelry procedures – more... and innovations, and qualities of jewelry, co-workers keep the professional rules and sales procedures at all times, one of the hardest part was to keep the employee sales goals it was very high, but that company had good costumers and it was not difficult for me, it was fun, every month we get seminars in different jewelry items and free lunch and souvenirs. – less
Great Company
Customer Service Representative - Sales Department (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJune 16, 2014
Pros: all around great company.
This was a great company to work for but it is currently out of business.
Very structures organized company
Buyers Clerical (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYMay 20, 2014
I gained allot of knowledge in retail buying and operations . This office was run very professionally with a strict corporate environment,
Beautiful Items
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: discounts/comissions
Cons: turnover
Good pay to be a retail store with a decent discount on items. My manager was constantly finding ways to develop my skills when selling fine jewelry
Good Experience
Jewelry Buyer (Former Employee), Westbury, NYApril 26, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: the very many hours i put in
A typical day at work would include checking out the jewelry that arrived that day. I would visit with jewelry sales people, which taught me a lot about people, good and bad. I went to the Gemological – more... Institute and they taught me everything about stones, a great experience. I was younger than my co-workers, at first this wasn't great; but as long as I supplied them with good merchandise to sell, we all became buddies. The hardest part of the job was going to the jewelry shows and picking out pieces you hoped would sell. The most enjoyable part was helping people decide on a gift, or just pick out something for themselves. It was satisfying to see items that I had selected, being purchased. – less
family oriented
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJApril 20, 2014
Company went out of business, family oriented, goal oriented, friendly teams
fortunoff
Business Associate, Retail Sales (Former Employee), Westbury, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
I started as a cashier working in college. I was told i can earn money on the side by selling the store credit cards. I knew nothing about sales i just knew how to talk to people and build repore naturally. – more... In two months i broke the record for selling the most cards (100 cards +) in 1 month. This was a job that the sales reps were really responsible for and i out beat them. I was pulled aside by a manager and was told i should not be behing a register i should be on the floor. I was promoted to sales in the cookwear cultury department where i was one of the top sales people in that department. – less
productive and fun place
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2014
this company was very challenging that improved my skills on a lot of things like scams. I've learned to always double check things was unsure of to be careful of the different policies. the staff was a great and understandable group.
It was a great workplace and a very creative work environment! A great learning experience!
Visual Manager/Shop Planner (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJanuary 7, 2014
The company went out of business sadly! I manage a team of 5 people daily and juggled multiple projects daily/monthly. Planned and implemented projects for all store merchandise and seasonal events.
nice
Customer Service (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYSeptember 10, 2013
The company had alot of good item to sell including furniture.
bankrupt
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: bankrupt
The company went bankrupt around 2009. They now only have a outdoor furniture store in a few locations in NY and NJ. They were big in quality: quality of product and especially quality of service. They – more... were extremely attentive to servicing guest needs and wants. Above and beyond was more of a requirement than a favor. Company went down during the big recession hit of 2007/08. Plus their location didn't help them too much. Store is greatly missed. – less
Great atomosphere and wonderful group of collegues
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Westbury, NYAugust 13, 2013
It was a pleasure to be part of the staff at Fortunoff. I enjoyed my job at Fortunoff for the few years I was there. I would tend to the customers, whether it be as the cashier or as the floor sales associate.
OLD COMPANY WAS FINE.
Porter (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJune 21, 2013
THE OLD COMPANY WAS A REASANABLY GOOD PLACE TO WORK, BUT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN COMPLEATLY RESTRUCTERED, AND I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH ITS CURRENT ORGANIZATION.
Fortunoff was a fun workplace
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 24, 2013
Pros: i was promoted as team leader in short time i was working at the company.
A day at work was answering phone calls. I worked within 5 functional areas of Customer Phone Service skill-sets. I was able to perform in answering 120 calls from a live queue and generating 30 outbound calls for follow-up. I worked with 12-15 employees. I was able to become a Team Leader.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 23, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: weekends at work
One of the best jobs I ever had. The atmosphere was the best, the co-workers, the gifts, parties, costumers etc.
Good Customer Relations job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westbury, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Worked in housewares department attending to customers and their requests for different kinds of merchandise.
Was a productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Loked into the inventory in the warehouse and saw what merchandise need to be scheduled for delivery. Afdter that I looked up the customer who puchased those items and if there was a remaining balance – more... I would call the customer to settle the balance and schedule a delivery date.Throughout the day I would also sit in as the swtchboard operator and transfer calls to the appropriate departments and people. – less