FORUM Credit Union Employee Reviews

its great
Member Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2017
they are always willing to work with employees. they provide great training and are always open to ned ideas, they have room for promotion and growth. it is a very friendly and welcoming work enviornment. most members are are friendly as well
Unique and caring culture
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 28, 2017
FORUM stresses that everyone there is part of a family. They believe that the culture of the company enhances the performance of the company. Perks depend on if you work in the branches or in the corporate office.
Fast paced
Optical Scanner (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 16, 2017
Fast paced banking network, full of individuals who work very professionally to maintain the finances of the clients. Friendly atmosphere and beautiful, comfortable architecture.
Ethical and Healthy Place to work
Member Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 17, 2017
I loved working for this company. I am still a member myself. There was no room for advancement and thus I could not stay on and support a family. I would have preferred to stay and would gladly go back working here again. The culture and training is unlike anything I have ever had. They truly value both the employee and the customer and this is sadly a rare thing in the work world.
Pros
benefits, time off, management
Cons
small, limited room for advancement
Great intro jobs, hard to advance
Member Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
FORUM is a wonderful company that stands for its members and makes sure they are always put first. It's not a job where you will have to lie or stretch the truth and they are extremely transparent. I really love working here.
Great work atmosphere
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 25, 2016
I loved working with the team at FORUM. The benefits weren't the best but they weren't terrible either. There were opportunities for advancement within the credit union, however they were slim. The pay was comparable to the job.
Pros
many holidays off, and good vacation/pto time
Cons
Hdhp
Fun place to work but pay was not that good
Consumer Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 6, 2015
Consumer loan officer reviewing and approving member loan applications for auto, personal and mortgage applications. Initially hired as consumer collector but promoted after one year.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
Pay could have been better
Great Employer
Senior Member Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2014
I have grown in many ways at FORUM Credit Union. I started out as a teller (Member Advisor) and was quickly advanced to a Senior Member Advisor. My roles include making sure that our machines are always filled with money, balancing the branch, doing weekly, monthly and quarterly audits, helping our members and making sure all of the other member advisors are balanced and have what they need to meet their goals. I also have personal goals to achieve which includes new memberships, checking and loan goals.

The hardest part of the job is time management. There can be a day when I would have to get audits done as well as make sure all machines are filled, all while having a line of members to the door. I had to learn quickly on what to do first and make sure it was done quickly and efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of my job is truly helping members with their financial needs. Whenever offering a product, it's not because I am trying to meet my own goals, it's so I can save that member hundreds of dollars a month on refinancing or consolidating all of their credit card debt into one monthly payment. The look of relief on their faces is very rewarding.
Pros
Third best large company to work for in Indianapolis
FORUM has some of the best members.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2014
FORUM Credit Union was an amazing place to work at until the upper management changes. Because of these changes focus was shifted from meeting members needs to meeting company goals.
Pros
The face to face interactions that allowed me to truly know my members and for them to trust me.
Cons
The focus changing from helping our members to meeting company goals.
Used to be a great company
Member Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 7, 2012
Another example of a financial institution gone bad. Unless you were a select few of the "C" level employees, your were just another way for them to save money and try and fix their mistakes for all the money they lost. Benefits were dropped left and right and so were positions. Branches ended up running on half of the staff required and management was required to work extra hours to make up the slack, and then they cut out all performance bonuses on already very low paying positions. Was a great place with a family focus and great benefits, those days are long gone unfortunately.
Good astomphere for day to day operations
Allied Solutions Client Based Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 22, 2012
Posting of premiums and payments increases. I really enjoyed everyone I work with including the managers. Members that had a payment increase were angry or confused. I didn't enjoy having to inform them that they had driven without insurance and were charged. I was suprised how many people purchased a home or auto without considering there insurance premium in their cost for there insuance protedtion. Company wide function such as: chili cook offs, auctions, and drawings were often done for charity, very fun and benefical for the charities.
Pros
people
Cons
traffic to and from work