FORUM Credit Union Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great Employer
Senior Member Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2014
I have grown in many ways at FORUM Credit Union. I started out as a teller (Member Advisor) and was quickly advanced to a Senior Member Advisor. My roles include making sure that our machines are always filled with money, balancing the branch, doing weekly, monthly and quarterly audits, helping our members and making sure all of the other member advisors are balanced and have what they need to meet their goals. I also have personal goals to achieve which includes new memberships, checking and loan goals.

The hardest part of the job is time management. There can be a day when I would have to get audits done as well as make sure all machines are filled, all while having a line of members to the door. I had to learn quickly on what to do first and make sure it was done quickly and efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of my job is truly helping members with their financial needs. Whenever offering a product, it's not because I am trying to meet my own goals, it's so I can save that member hundreds of dollars a month on refinancing or consolidating all of their credit card debt into one monthly payment. The look of relief on their faces is very rewarding.
Pros
third best large company to work for in indianapolis
FORUM has some of the best members.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2014
FORUM Credit Union was an amazing place to work at until the upper management changes. Because of these changes focus was shifted from meeting members needs to meeting company goals.
Pros
the face to face interactions that allowed me to truly know my members and for them to trust me.
Cons
the focus changing from helping our members to meeting company goals.
Used to be a great company
Member Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 7, 2012
Another example of a financial institution gone bad. Unless you were a select few of the "C" level employees, your were just another way for them to save money and try and fix their mistakes for all the money they lost. Benefits were dropped left and right and so were positions. Branches ended up running on half of the staff required and management was required to work extra hours to make up the slack, and then they cut out all performance bonuses on already very low paying positions. Was a great place with a family focus and great benefits, those days are long gone unfortunately.
Good astomphere for day to day operations
Allied Solutions Client Based Administrator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 22, 2012
Posting of premiums and payments increases. I really enjoyed everyone I work with including the managers. Members that had a payment increase were angry or confused. I didn't enjoy having to inform them that they had driven without insurance and were charged. I was suprised how many people purchased a home or auto without considering there insurance premium in their cost for there insuance protedtion. Company wide function such as: chili cook offs, auctions, and drawings were often done for charity, very fun and benefical for the charities.
Pros
people
Cons
traffic to and from work