Forum Energy Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Very nice place to work
Supervisor / Electronics Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
Got there early.
Management skills.
Great management.
Fantastic co-workers.
Travel offsite.
Troubleshooting electronics.
Pros
Free coffee and take breaks whenever you wanted.
Cons
Productive work environment with flexible hours and great benefits
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 3, 2016
I absolutely loved my job. Even though my official title was Accounting Clerk, I assisted in many other areas of the company, as I was one of the most tenured employees within the facility. The overall working environment was business casual with very little management supervision.
Pros
Flex hours with great benefits
Cons
Downsizing due to the current Oil & Gas market
Good Company
Warehouse Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2016
The people are great, overall a good company to work for. There are areas for improvement in the overall operation but with recent changes i think the company will be fine.
It was a great place to work at.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 25, 2016
I got to learn how to use tools i have never used before. i enjoyed working with the people i worked with.The management always tried to help if there was a problem. The hardest part of the job was hours but even that it wasnt that bad. Most enjoyable thing was just the tasks i was given that was a challenge and the people i worked with was a real pleasure.
Over all good company with excellent benefits and people.
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Challenging work and the great people made the typical day fulfilling and enjoyable. There were exceptions, specifically with lower level management, but those issues while serious, were isolated.

Benefit package was very good, better than many of the larger companies. Company reimbursed many of the expenses for professional development and education.
Pros
Challenging work and good people overall made the typical day fulfilling and enjoyable.
Cons
Management was hesitant to resolve personal conflict creating a hostile workplace for some.
Productive workplace
Quality Control NDE Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 15, 2016
Inspection of multiple machined equipment
Asme methods
Management got the job done
Team work force
Good work environment
Good job
welder (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAFebruary 26, 2016
The clearfield plant used to be a plant run by marathon. If you didn't work at marathon there was absolutely no chance for a promotion. That's all thanks to their worthless production manager. Any idea you had to increase production was always credited to someone else. The favoritism in the clearfield plant is sickening. When things got slow if you didn't work at marathon you could pack your toolbox. Didn't matter what you knew or how hard you worked. The way that place is being run it won't exist in a year. AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU! !
Pros
great employees
Cons
Upper management is worthless
Steady work flow
Mazak Programmer/ Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Always busy with work and new jobs coming thru the doors. 24/7 work around the clock, for those that like to work a lot like me. Great team and management to be around and co-workers.
A great company
QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Forum for many reasons. I was able to learn multiple tasks and was trusted to do them without much supervision. Workers outside of the department I worked in were always eager to assist us in anything we needed. The quality department worked very well as a team and that made each day enjoyable.
Pros
great benefits
Overall a good company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A typical work day is filled with lots of projects that are due either now or in the future, there are a lot of challenges that you face on a daily basis. I've learned how to manage my time by handling multiple projects at once and mutli-tasking. My co-workers were very easy to work with when I needed help with difficult tasks, I knew that I could count on my fellow peers to help me out. My most hardest & enjoyable part was working with various customer all over the world and ones that are in the states, the timezones could get a little fustrating but I always knew that I had to work way ahead of the schedule.
Pros
Very relaxed company
Cons
Opportunites for advancement were not offered.
productive place to work for
Sales Development / Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2015
great work environment to learn from and staff is friendly and works together to accomplish goals.

Lots of opportunity for growth as well.
Poor Executive Management
Administrative management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2015
Very unethical workplace especially during the downturn. Poor management decisions and only care about bottom line. Hard work is not recognized.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
No room for advancement
very good place to work
lead person inventory control (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LANovember 6, 2015
FORUM ENERGY is a great company that's growing with a lot of opportunities for career advancement and part of a professional environment
Agressive
Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
Forum is a combination of 47 small companies that came together in 2012 to form Forum Energy Technologies. Consolidating these companies is challenging task which takes time. Management is more focused on cutting cost and do not have a long term growth plan.
Productive and fun
HSE Specialist - Production & Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TexasOctober 21, 2015
Hate to leave. They are closing the facility, due to the status of the oil and gas industry. Through my time at Forum I really enjoyed coming to work everyday. Helping, sharing ideas with people.
Pros
work independentaly, great insurance, and pay
Cons
Bonus plan not strong
Invaluable Learning Experience
Forecast Analyst, Planner II (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 6, 2015
This company has provided me with so much growth and experience. Management is encouraging and mentors for continuous professional development.
I enjoy the constant challenge of adapting with the business, it keeps my work fresh.
I enjoy the problem solving and process creation of my job.
Pros
Benefits, leadership and growth opportunities
Cons
Dependent upon oil market
Productive and Positive place of employment
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Stafford TxOctober 6, 2015
Very positive and productive place of employment. A lot to learn and grow from. Nice and helpful management. Forum gives you the Opportunity to take classes in your field to learn more about the product and services they provide.
Overall a very nice to work
Senior Project Quotation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Oil & Gas Industry, estimating Very nice place to work. The work group I have been in has been very supportive and has a lot knowledge. The Company is going through a reduction of personell to reduce cost.
Pros
Lunch and learn meetings on various topics
Good company
Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 29, 2015
Great company with good ideas of running a successful organization. I enjoy working here. Can't say enough good things.
Overall a good place to work.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Davis, OKSeptember 29, 2015
When oilfield is booming Forum was a challenging place to work. Was fast paced and day would fly by. All of my co-workers were friendly,and we would occasionally would be rewarded with lunches. Forum provided bonuses and has a yearly cost of living raise.
Pros
Overall a good company.
Cons
Being in the oilfield work slows.

2.4