Forum Energy Technologies

Forum Energy Technologies Employee Reviews

normal atmosphere, outside work
Service Tech (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 9, 2015
a typical day includes working in a mechanic shop repairing oilfield equipment. When i am not at the shop, i am on a job in a company truck either offshore or at various places around the country.
This Job is awesome!
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: great pay and hours
Cons: communication
Great working site. Quality organization and professional employers.
Great benefits and Bonuses. Great working hours and Pay. Fun projects.
Challenging
Accounts Receivable, Receptionist (Former Employee), Pearland txMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible with hours
Daily challenge to get your work done when things are always changing from personnel to what your job duties are on a daily basis.
Good benefits, bad management
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Poor job work / life balance & poor management
Pretty good benefits although they cut 401Ks during the down turn of oil prices in 2014.

Fast growing company with poor management and a very poor structure.

Poor job work / life balance, recommended for new college graduates.
working at forum
Welder (Former Employee), Smithton, PAMay 17, 2015
we made big tank for different companies Ex. Chevron, Hess. I made the top of the tank. The top of the tanks are the hardest to build, they have the most welding, and fitting.
good people, i like the work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), guthrie okMay 15, 2015
Pros: good people, good benifits
Cons: long hours, small raises
good place to work, lots of hours, could pay better though. i really like the people i work with. i learned a lot. coworkers were great. management changes the workload up way to often. i liked the hours and overtime.
Very fast paced place to work
Special Projects Buyer (Former Employee), Elmore City, OKMay 15, 2015
This was a high stress fast pace environment. It is a good company to work for but needs improvement on managerial skills and promoting from within. My co-workers were good people to work with.
Fast Pace environment
Project Manager - Drilling Division (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: family environment
Cons: no 401 K match, hugh employee turnover
A typical day would consist on managing all of my resources accordingly to meet my customer's needs. This consisted of tracking everything on the customer provided baseline schedule, expediting vendor deliveries, and providing weekly progress reports. My main target was to deliver a project of quality standards on-time, per scope, and within budget.
it has vey good job moral
machinist (Former Employee), Willis, TXMay 4, 2015
I've learned a lot about machinery and
the most enjoyable part was the moral of the company
the hardest part was when I got laid off
Very unethical. If you are nor related to upper management.. You wont stay!!!
Cnc machinist (Former Employee), Plantersville, txApril 22, 2015
I worked at Plantersville plant.. I was administered gross amounts of harassment from day and night supervisors... Program sabotage so it would take me out of my production rate target area... Having to – more... go through program so my machine would not crash.. I asked my day supervisor if i could work over one day. My ride was late.. I was told no and yet my supervisors brother in law who worked in the back shop got to stay everday n get a hour n half overtime just because he rode home with my supervisor... And that was just a taste of what goes on in that place... I know one thing if karma is real then i would hate to be them when it comes back around. – less
Night Shift Foreman (Former Employee), Robstown, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Was able to take hour lunches
Cons: Employees were not as productive after an hour lunch
Comfortable place to work, everyone is on a first name basis from top to bottom. Management was taking care of it's employees.
a typical day at work
Quality Assurance Spec II (Former Employee), Davis, OK travel North AmericaApril 8, 2015
A typical day includes:
customer phone calls
Auditing
Going through customer audits
Online Asset Management Support Staff (Customers and Employees)
Innovative and Exciting but not stable
Service Quality Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulphur, OKApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great compensation and fun in the boom times.
Cons: Lay offs every other year.
As a stock holder, I don't want to trash them obviously. I feel as though I should disclose that up front. I worked at Forum for three and one half years. It was really fun, but... during that time they – more... had 2!!! mass layoffs. After the first one, they began hiring again within 6 months of laying off about 35% of the workforce. They literally had a hiring event 6 months before they started laying off again. The management should really be better prepared to deal with the market fluctuations which are inherent to the energy markets. But other than having to worry about the next layoff ever other year, it was a fun and exciting place to work! – less
Sales and service of gas industry equipment
Manager (Former Employee), Montoursville, PAApril 5, 2015
Pros: transportation provided
Review daily activities with employee
Learned sales skills
Was responsible for managing several issues during the course of a day
Having the ability to make decisions within company poilicy.
Spent alot of time traveling from rig to rig
Service Representative - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Company truck, company gas, and meals were paid for while traveling rig to rig
Cons: no time off, alot of driving done while sleep deprived, and sleeping in a truck most nights of the week
I was on call 24/7 and when the phone rang you usually had a two hour drive ahead of you. Then arriving on location I would check equipment, check pipe count, and tool placement in the pipe string. After – more... that I calculated displacement, hydrostatic pressure, differential pressure, and other various calculations depending on the tool you were servicing down hole. You were expected to keep a detailed job report for the entire job which you submitted to management after. Your co-workers most of the time were different every rig you went to but you started to get familiar with certain rigs. – less
Average company
Production Planner II (Former Employee), Broussard, LAMarch 16, 2015
Safety is the number one focus, with revenue running a close second. Family like environment. Management is extremely close minded.
Good young oil and gas equipment manufacturer
Regional safety manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
People are wonderful, hard working and pleasant work environment. The company is young and going through growing pains; however, I have confidence in the managements ability.
Productive, Good people to work with
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: busy and stessful at times
I was always busy, managed 2 floors and enjoyed keeping busy. Helping with phones, work orders, maintaining all office supplies, Keeping up with calendars, conference rooms, and travel for the SVP of the – more... Drilling division. Helped HR with planning meetings, training, and entertainment.. I had a great bunch of coworkers and managers. the hardest part of my job was keeping up with everyone and everything that went on, on both floors. The most enjoyable part of my job was my job and my coworkers.. – less
Poorly managed and very unethical work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: over worked, underpaid, zero discretion level
I was hired on as a temp to hire, which originally told during the interview process that it would be mostly likely 5 months. That is their "standard" process for HR to approve for your hire. Well just – more... expect for most likely 2 years. There were numerous of employees I meet that said it took 2 years before they were hired on. The department I worked for was so unethical and unprofessional. The executive assistant expressed high confidential information about executives, other employee's information pertaining to terminations, conversations that she "had" to have with HR about employee's job performance. The moral overall is very childish, there is no sense of team work or efforts. Everyone is always up to play the blame game instead of acting as a team and failing as a team. You could have the greatest communication skills one could hold, but it will have no benefit here. Everyone is on their own time and will only do minimal, no more no less. Individuals that hold management positions are very young and inexperienced to manage. Having worked in the past with Senior VPs and CCOs with 15+ years in the oil & gas industry in a management role to coming here was very difficult and trying.

With the industry as it is now jobs were cut having the ones that were left over worked by performing numerous positions as one. Everyday will be struggle and very challenging, in any position. New hires are not properly prepared for work from day one. It would take up to a month the longest I have seen for employees to get their desk phone much less a new laptop. IT would issue new employees a refurbished laptop from no telling how long ago. Until it is approved to purchase a brand new. – less
a lot of company growing pains
Production Manager (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAJanuary 26, 2015
has the opportunity for a good business but upper management does not do a very good job. a lot of engineering issues on all projects. never had a clean drawing package.

1 2 3