Forum Energy Employee Reviews

Forum Energy
Project Quotation Specialist & Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Forum need to train there managers with people skills, respect and professionalism.

Co-workers were excellent.- problem was manager poor people skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
more than pros
decent place to work
Integrated Tech Support Mgr (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for Forum while local management ran things. Once Corporate took over they messed everything up, lost business and eventually laid off most of the staff.
Pros
goog pay, good local management
Cons
upper management and engineering are disconnected
great place to work and learn new things
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed it there. Great company and great pay. Learn new and escting skills that will carry on to another job if not to stay there. I hated to leave but production was slow
Enjoyable place to work but more stressful
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Forum always had a new task for you to learn which I enjoyed. It allowed you to form great relationships with your surroundings and very helpful. Management was not very kind to their employees and at times degraded them. They also wanted to overwork the employees that had more knowledge and always was working. Even when work was an overflow they continued to add more to their employees that worked. Overall, I enjoyed what I learned, staying busy, and the professional relationships that were developed.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no advancement
Place with good benifits and a place to broaden your product knowledge.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
As a Customer Service Rep (Bearings), I was asked to maintain a good relationships with all customers by providing quotes and on time deliveries. I learned 3 more product lines while at Forum-handling tools, mud pump consumables and drill pipe float valves. The hardest part of the job was the software used to create orders and quotes. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Such a fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXAugust 7, 2015
I loved working here. It was by far one of the best jobs I ever had. The people I worked with were amazing, they made me feel right at home. My boss was amazing. I hate that it closed down. I honestly feel like I would've been there for a very long time.
Pros
constant positive attitudes, fun loving co workers
Cons
No cons what so ever
great place to learn on your own.
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXFebruary 25, 2015
It was a good company to work for. The management was great to me, as were my coworkers. I wish I would have received more support in the way of an outside salesman so the store would have had a chance to grow. I was there 9.5 hours a day by myself and had to depend on my coworkers(via the phone) to help me with any problems I had. My coworker always tried there best to help me. The store did not produce enough revenue and it was shut down and I was let go.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no support what so ever
Management and Culture are not very balanced
Altiris SME / Services and Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Bad Management - Bad Decisions within IT, too many individuals that are hired to complete a job description and are not educated enough to do. Management- friends hire friends of 10 and 20 years. Bad Business decisions, they purchase software and do not communicate with other SME's to see if they currently use it or need it. Spend too much money on Software that is poorly implemented or not properly vetted. If you expect any Bonus what so ever let me give you an example I received an amazing review and was making over 100 per year. I received a 600 dollar bonus. Poor medical insurance. This company cuts every corner it’s sad. I have worked at Enron, NRG Energy, and Walter P Moore... Amazing companies that have respect, drive and organization. This company is not truthful on interviews and lacks direction. This is a bad company to work
Pros
Cons
Bad Bonuses across the board. Bad Insurance. Poorly Managed
not a good company
Maintenance Technician/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smithton, PADecember 22, 2013
co-workers are fine, but after 3 years of employment they told everyone that they are shutting down so they can consolidate work load
Comfortable place just so far away from home.
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 12, 2013
I release work orders to the shop so they can build parts to make pipes that drill oil. I've learned how to use NAV software and I've learned about engineering and machining in the time I've spent here. The best part of the job are my coworkers but the hardest part is that I drive an hour (at the least) from home to be here.
benefits
Cons
lack of training
Great place to work, with great pay
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 25, 2013
I was an intern with the company while they were doing construction, so my typical day was doing a lot of office work, and learning at the same time. I learned a lot about construction, about the financial side AND safety side. I also learned how to effectively manage a job site, from employees, to vendors, etc.. My coworkers were nice, although all of them were older than me. Hardest part about my job was having to wake at 4 every morning and not leaving until 6pm every day. I really enjoyed the rest of it though, and the pay was very very good!