Forward Air, Inc.

Forward Air, Inc. Employer Reviews

Typical warehouse work
Warehouse Dock Staff/Delivery (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: fantastic pay, great overtime
Cons: zero benefits, and advancement opportunity
Standard days at work consisted of matching routes to trucks and loading freight in a timely manner. I learned the value of teamwork and how to use a handheld scanner. What little interaction with management I had was always pleasant, as were my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was learning all of the truck routes, however the most enjoyable part – more... was how rewarding the work felt. – less
ok job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Tulsa, okSeptember 3, 2014
easy job but not enough hours and not my desired career.sometimes would only work 2 days a week.
Team driving across country with my husband
Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2014
We worked long hard hours. One slept while the other drove. We were away from home 6 to 8 weeks at a time. At times we were able to see different places around the US.
Do not apply for a position here.
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 28, 2014
This has to be one of the worst companies in Montgomery, AL to work for. From top to bottom.

The Current Terminal Manager - Prejudice, manipulative, judgemental, and lack inter and intrapersonal skills.

Driver Check-In - The responsibilities doesn't add up to the hourly wage. Underpaid. No salary.

Transportation Supervisor - Is very reliable and – more... knowledgeable in his position but can if pressured by the TM, he can make mistakes.

Dock - They're lazy and lack discipline. Unproductive. But at times can do wonderful things if motivate

Supervisors - From my experience, they worked diligently and tolerated a lot of things from the TM. They focused on maintaining quality production and were very hands on.

Office Reps and Managers - Many of the personnel that had a position in the office didn't last long. Whether it was the current terminal manager trying to enforce policies that wasn't company policies or mistreating and discrediting they office personnel, they all had anonymous reasons for leaving.

Drivers - Some are good, some are bad and at often times are taken advantage of.

If you don't want to work in an environment that is going to depreciate your employment value with no room for growth, do not apply here.

The "buddy-buddy" system is very effective as well. It was once diverse; now the ratio has changed dramatically.

Corporate should do a better job in selecting who they hire as managers. – less
Interesting backbone crew.
Cargo Handler (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2014
A typical day at work after punching in would be wrapping plastic around pallets of boxes ready to be shipped out to department stores. The managers would usually stay out of the way of us working. Co-workers were hard working and dedicated.
Can be fast paced and diverse when busy, varied duties
Office clerk (Current Employee), Kansas City, MoAugust 13, 2014
Pros: being close to home, love the professional people i work with
Cons: no benefits since i am still only part time as they cannot support hiring me full time yet.
I have learned more tracking and tracing skills. I work with some very smart managers who foster more detailed research to solve possible claims. I enjoy my coworkers and have learned so much more from them. I haven't been able to identify the hardest part of my job because so far there isn't one that I can't handle. The most enjoyable part of my job – more... is to be busy and challenged and learn something new all the time. – less
forward air
wearhouse workerk (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: finish up go home.
Cons: short brakes
Forward air was an alright place to work. You work as a team than go home early. Anyone nice, (sometimes).
FAF, Inc. is not ready to support 'Company Driver' positions.
Driver, Truck; Class-A; Van/53'; Regional Linehaul (Former Employee), Groveport, Ohio. 43125July 14, 2014
Pros: potential.
Cons: poorly maintained, and or old company trucks assigned to new company drivers.
1) "a typical day at work": When, and if the manager(s) decided that assigned Truck would or would not be repaired, the wait to get into the assigned repair shop was ridiculous.

2) "what you learned": My time was wasted at Forward Air, Inc.; the company was definitely not ready to take on a 'Company Driver' operation; based on the age, and or condition – more... of the Trucks offered to this Driver. Those Trucks should have either been repaired or traded in.

3) "management": Management appears to have long term job security with the company.

4) "your co-workers": That would be Dispatchers; Yard-workers; Truck, and Trailer Maintenance Department personnel; other office personnel, all appear to have secure long term employment.

5) "the hardest part of the job": Waiting for maintenance, and or for management to decide whether or not to have the maintenance performed on the assigned Trucks. Trying to contact personnel, within various departments by phone; long wait times, too much voice mail with no return calls. Being terminated from my job for doing the job right.

6) "the most enjoyable part of the job": Knowing that I gave my very best efforts when doing my job, and hoping that the employees, and or management would take the appropriate measures to turn the situation around resulting in a better outcome for those involved. – less
Very unfriendly and a cut throat environment!
Warehouse Dock Worker (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 9, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement if you are feared more qualified. no benefits!
A very unpleasant job environment. Treated like dogs than human. No encouragement or positive reinforcement. Part time work only until you are liked and ask for upgrade. No Benefits!
I enjoyed my time working there
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Kent, WAJuly 4, 2014
I enjoyed my time working there. I really liked using the handheld scanners for stocktaking because it made things easier to find.
delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: bought out by a bigger comoany and got laid off for cheaper labor
go too Atlanta too pick up freight,verify orders too be loaded,load truck,lock it down too minimize movement,and deliver goods in a timely ,safe mannor,unsupervised
Productive, high volume work place
Sales Ops (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: extendent lunches
Cons: unset schedule. company will notify you of next work day after you shift is complete.
Requires a lot of manual labor. Constintly unloading 20ft trailor (18 wheelers)
Heavy lifiting, 8-12 hours a day
no communication within the company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJune 16, 2014
the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. So very hard to know what is going on. They do keep you with freight and keep you rolling though
benefits are average.most of the managers are idiots!!!
cargo handler (Current Employee), desplaines, illinoisJune 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: too many to tell
Dock manager is a dope and a liar that hires his family and friends then puts them in positions of power!!!he told me years ago I'd be off of Sundays then turns around and puts somebodyelse on there.night manager is a chain smoking psychopath that has no communication skills.
productive
LOCAL ROUTE DRIVER (Current Employee), tulsa oklahomaMay 6, 2014
awesome and lucrativity in the business, punctuality in the area of distribution of freights to the customers.
Fun, determine and meets deadlines.
Dock Worker (Former Employee), jacksonville floridaApril 23, 2014
Great company who is willing to help you grown in the company
FUN/GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.....
Shipping & Receiving Specialist/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Kent, WAApril 19, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: variuos work hours
GOOD/FUN WORK PLACE, FROM MANAGEMENT, CO-WORKERS & CUSTOMERS
Easy job, very fast paced
Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 9, 2014
Usually I handle drivers that are either dropping off freight or picking up freight, I also handle inbound cargo that comes in and stage it to its correct location. Nothing's hard about the job.
It was good, nice employees
Dock Worker/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: bad manager
Typical job, some days are great and others are terrible. I hated doing other department jobs for them.
Unorganized
CDL Driver (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 6, 2014
Cons: miscommunication among management
Deliver and pick up freight. Management does not communicate well with each other. The hardest part of the job is not having a set schedule everyday.

1 2 3 4

About Forward Air, Inc.

Forward Air Corporation is a leading provider of time-definite surface transportation and related logistics services.

Forward Air, Inc. Photos