Forward Air, Inc.

Forward Air, Inc. Employee Reviews

Difficult company
Office Administrator/Admin Asst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2015
I perhaps am not the best reviewer - they have left me with a terrible bad taste in my mouth.

It is the most top-heavy company I have ever had exposure to and misfortune whereby to be employed.

There are several, many in fact, great people who are being professionally abused and mistreated, completely under appreciated by this company. But the medical benefits were worth the torture up to 10 years for me.

The hardest part of the job: big business politics within a small business.

The best part of the job: customer service-developing a personal relationship with those whom we served-made ALL the difference for them and us.
It Is A Warehouse, What Do You Expect
Supervisor Internship Program (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 19, 2015
Dispatching trucks, data entry, working on the floor to increase productivity, claims resolutions, managing shortages and overages.
Nonexistent management, then acquisition announced
TERMINAL MANAGER / AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: No direction, empty promises, only care about stock price
My experience was nonexistent management, empty promises, and a surprise acquisition of Central States. We went from laid back TN to the Chicago mob. I thought nonexistent management was bad until Central States was announced as our new bosses.
Worst place ever
Office Administrative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Horrible horrible management
San Antonio termimal is so wrong if you work in the office. Starting from inappropriate language to discrimination. Management needs a severe upgrade. I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Decent packing handling co.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHMarch 18, 2015
Cons: low incom
forward air is a very proficient company and very well at what they do. they work very hard and push workers to get trucks out on time with very few mess up. forward air of Jeffersonville was expected not to succeed and is now doing incredibly. i would be proud to recommend this company.
For all that is Holy, stay away!
Manager (Former Employee), MultipleMarch 15, 2015
Pros: their checks cleared weekly (amazingly)
Cons: dot has not shut these guys down.
This place stinks worse then a 5 day old diaper. Unorganized, unprofessional, and no training. Training was a piece of paper that someone checked off things they told you about. Forget about hands on or mastering. Upper management has their pets (like playing video games online after hours) and other areas. Stay away if you are not part of this old boys club. Newcomers are not welcomed. Especially, when you question the ethics or integrity of managements actions. Heaven forbid we be honest to the customer. Owner only cares about his car collection.
Great company
Supervisor Material Handler/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 10, 2015
Great company just hard to advance. Mangement was very flexible and understanding. Ok pay, and ok benefits. Just takes forever to advance to a full time employee
Company is very deceptive.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: healthcare busy from end of october to jan 1st
Cons: no time for lunch. pay. hrs. no family time
You will not make between 40000 and 60000 more like 30,000yr. Work 3 to 4days a week during non-peak season Jan-Oct. Early start times 2am. Company going to get at least 14hrs a day of work out of youfor a flat day rate.
Very competivite company for pay and extras
TRUCK DRIVER CLASS A OWNER/OPERATOR (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2015
The overall picture with Forward Air is superb. After a probationary period, your plates, permits, QUALCOMM, I Pass, and scales are all paid for. You receive a fuel surcharge on all loaded miles.
very good job with great coworkers
Dock Work/Freight Handler/Order Builder (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch/great breaks
Cons: not a stable job always being called in
great job for some extra money no room for advancement is the only thing that sucks, its a very great workout while getting paid and the team work is great managers and all will step in t o get the job done
Warehouse environment
Cargo Processor (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: weather conditions, schedule, lack of productive promoting.
All around hands on and easy job. Harsh weather conditions during seasons. Shift schedule varies.
bad company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 29, 2015
long hours, poor management and they will cut hours. not a good company to work for.
good work environment.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Kent, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: hours
learned many things about transportation and other aspects of trucking.
typical day
Night Operation Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: its a great company to work for
Cons: but they lie to you
this job was supose to be part time because i need a job to pay for other bills when my company got slow. but it turned into a ful time job. knowing that i told the manage in charge that i need this to be part time. hrs was from 7pm-1am and that was perfect for me. got promoted in 30days and was told my hours would not change but it did. had to start at 4pm to closed. i stayed with them another 13months and worked my details around there schedule. and got promoted again and hrs changed. so i resigned.
Not a good place for employement Forward air CLT
Am Supervisor (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good insurance
Cons: new managment
Needs better pay, new management, No training your over worked short breaks, they will write you up for something that your not trained on. They make the rules up as it goes.
Very good company to be a successful Owner/Operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJanuary 12, 2015
A typical work day actually starts in the evening. This company is mostly night driving. That is the hardest part of this job. Adjusting to the night driving schedule. this is a 99% drop and hook outfit. the best part of this job is you make your own schedule and the compensation is second to none. I definately fine tuned my time management here. Late deliveries are frowned upon.
n/a
n/a (Former Employee), n/aDecember 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I worked for an air freight forwarder at Dulles in the adjoining building to Forward Air we did many freight pick ups & local deliveries there. Very busy place seemed to be well run considering the amount of freight that flowed through there daily.probably a dozen docks & you were lucky if you found an open 1when you pulled up. Us being their neighbors we had a bit of an IN ! & a bit of preferential treatment but if you don't like fast paced and long hours air freight is not the business or career you should be in. If they weren't in a hurry for it they wouldn't be sending it by air. cant be thin skinned either no around there took sensitivety101 LOL. IAD Rocks!
no good
delivery driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: just the pay was good when i first started.
Cons: benefits was not so great
the drivers are excellent family oriented people.the ceo gm district manager are up to no good.
Day at forward Air
Package Handler (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, excellent workout, good supervisors and co-workers, fast pace work
Cons: short breaks (sometimes none), heavy workloads, low staff
A very fast-pace job requiring constant multitasking
Very organized, and synchronized system
Hot working conditions with short rest periods
Great workout!
Bad place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City MOOctober 27, 2014
manangers are rude and dont respect employees. hardly ever gave employees breaks after working 10 to 12 hours.

1 2 3 4 5

About Forward Air, Inc.

Forward Air Corporation is a leading provider of time-definite surface transportation and related logistics services.

Forward Air, Inc. Salaries