Forward Air, Inc.

Forward Air, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good
UPS- Package Handler (Former Employee), College Park , GAAugust 8, 2015
Good Hours and good staff as of current and i havnt seen the new location. Job duties were unloading and loading trucks and moving and placing packages on pallets. Managers were helpful and and the days could be long and a good work day.
Not employee friendly company.
Executive Asst to Sr VP and GM (Current Employee), Humble, TXAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Hours are flexible.
Cons: Listed above.
Management is un-supportive. There are employee incentives for all employee's, except for office workers. There is no room for advancement. Benefits are good for my family and I. Management micro-manages, which means there's are always interruptions and that makes it difficult to get tasks completed.
Productive environment; great work life balance
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2015
Great place to work. I was employed as a part-time dock worker but I am always offered additional hours to work. This allows me to maintain a great work life balance as I can opt for more hours as needed without causing major adjustments at home. Accepting overtime always feels like an opportunity for recognition and possible advancement.
great place to work and good people
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: part time
I have been employed with this company for a short time but I have learned to really like and enjoy the job. The management is good and the workers feel like family.
Nice Second Job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 19, 2015
Good benefits, flexible schedule. Great training, there's really not much else to say about this company. They don't respect employees well
Management work for warehouse worker pay. Lack of employee recognition, lack of management support one mistake and it ruins your career
having fun unloading and loading truck!!
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 25, 2015
Pros: work well with others
Cons: do not like when work is slow...
I will work hard to prove myself to your company, and to my co-worker if given the opportunity with a great company. the company is a great company to work for with excellence benefits..
Job description
loader (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2015
A fast - pace working environment that has its ups and downs. Management could be better and the hardest part about the company. In my opinion, having short of employee
Productive place to get exercise
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2015
Pros: Exercise
Cons: Not enough pay for the expected amount of work.
A regular day at forward air focuses on receiving and sending packages. Everyone plays a part in the companies regulation. There are co-workers from different backgrounds, and paths.The hardest part of the job is waiting for trucks that have not shown up. Most of the time there is not an E.T.A of its position. The most enjoyable part of the job is organizing the destination of the packages; or splitting.
Good job
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Carson, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Fun job
Cons: pay, hours
Low pay terrible hours but very fun job. the place is always busy and dirty. Supervisors are good to the workers. Bathrooms are filthy.
very productive work environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 25, 2015
you will be treated like a machine. all they will care about is numbers. very high turnover rate. other than that good place to work
Difficult company
Office Administrator/Admin Asst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2015
I perhaps am not the best reviewer - they have left me with a terrible bad taste in my mouth.

It is the most top-heavy company I have ever had exposure to and misfortune whereby to be employed.

There are several, many in fact, great people who are being professionally abused and mistreated, completely under appreciated by this company. But the medical benefits were worth the torture up to 10 years for me.

The hardest part of the job: big business politics within a small business.

The best part of the job: customer service-developing a personal relationship with those whom we served-made ALL the difference for them and us.
It Is A Warehouse, What Do You Expect
Supervisor Internship Program (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 19, 2015
Dispatching trucks, data entry, working on the floor to increase productivity, claims resolutions, managing shortages and overages.
Nonexistent management, then acquisition announced
TERMINAL MANAGER / AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: No direction, empty promises, only care about stock price
My experience was nonexistent management, empty promises, and a surprise acquisition of Central States. We went from laid back TN to the Chicago mob. I thought nonexistent management was bad until Central States was announced as our new bosses.
Worst place ever
Office Administrative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Horrible horrible management
San Antonio termimal is so wrong if you work in the office. Starting from inappropriate language to discrimination. Management needs a severe upgrade. I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Decent packing handling co.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHMarch 18, 2015
Cons: low incom
forward air is a very proficient company and very well at what they do. they work very hard and push workers to get trucks out on time with very few mess up. forward air of Jeffersonville was expected not to succeed and is now doing incredibly. i would be proud to recommend this company.
For all that is Holy, stay away!
Manager (Former Employee), MultipleMarch 15, 2015
Pros: their checks cleared weekly (amazingly)
Cons: dot has not shut these guys down.
This place stinks worse then a 5 day old diaper. Unorganized, unprofessional, and no training. Training was a piece of paper that someone checked off things they told you about. Forget about hands on or mastering. Upper management has their pets (like playing video games online after hours) and other areas. Stay away if you are not part of this old boys club. Newcomers are not welcomed. Especially, when you question the ethics or integrity of managements actions. Heaven forbid we be honest to the customer. Owner only cares about his car collection.
Great company
Supervisor Material Handler/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 10, 2015
Great company just hard to advance. Mangement was very flexible and understanding. Ok pay, and ok benefits. Just takes forever to advance to a full time employee
Company is very deceptive.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: healthcare busy from end of october to jan 1st
Cons: no time for lunch. pay. hrs. no family time
You will not make between 40000 and 60000 more like 30,000yr. Work 3 to 4days a week during non-peak season Jan-Oct. Early start times 2am. Company going to get at least 14hrs a day of work out of youfor a flat day rate.
Very competivite company for pay and extras
TRUCK DRIVER CLASS A OWNER/OPERATOR (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2015
The overall picture with Forward Air is superb. After a probationary period, your plates, permits, QUALCOMM, I Pass, and scales are all paid for. You receive a fuel surcharge on all loaded miles.
very good job with great coworkers
Dock Work/Freight Handler/Order Builder (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch/great breaks
Cons: not a stable job always being called in
great job for some extra money no room for advancement is the only thing that sucks, its a very great workout while getting paid and the team work is great managers and all will step in t o get the job done
Industry