Forward Air Employee Reviews

Great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Always had a job for me and my wife. We were always willing to work hard and they appreciated that we worked to the best of our ability and beyond.
bad
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHJuly 24, 2017
rude people/supervisors, horrible hours constantly getting cut/ no benefits, broken equipment. everyday started with no one knowing what they were doing. you would show up some days and be sent home because they didnt have any work.
Cons
no benifits/ cut hours/ bad equipment
Terrible place to for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
The pay is low , once the work is finish they send you home even if it's 3 hours . Management sucks only care about their own pockets it's waste of time . MCDonalds is probably better .
Pros
Cons
Wages and not enough hours, high turnover
Not good enough
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
I was promised 40 a week over time by my 2nd week all of that was just plain lies you supposed to collect boxes and put them in trucks but all of the boxes are scattered around the whole building
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Everything sucks
Dangerous
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 12, 2017
fast paced work environment but little to know communication between crews and upper level management. mandatory saturday overtime is frequent, usually between 2 and three times per month. Dangerous
Good company to work for
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Liked working for forward air good company to work for. Good equipment and the people are helpful. They have good working relationship with their customers. and ample trailers to service the customers.
Pros
Good equipment and in good working order wide range of customers to deal with
Cons
long hours and fast paced
Terrible
Part Time Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 22, 2017
Forward Air is a company that does not care for their employees, but only for the upper management. The management will force you to work long hours and not have more than one day off.
Pros
n/a
Face pace, warehouse enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 21, 2017
My job duties were to arrive an hour early before my crew did to set up all equipment necessary to complete the task of that day. I had to motivate my crew to make sure that we met every quota that was given to us which was prone to change on a day to day basis. While also keeping my crew happy and dealing with the personal problems of my employees to ensure every worker is working at their fullest potential. I learned how to communicate with my employees and make a personal relationship with each of them. This allowed me to have a happier crew which led to a more productive one.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cannot leave until quota is met
Dock Worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 18, 2017
A typical day at Forward Air starts with a safety meeting and stretching. The daily responsibilities include unloading and scanning each piece of freight for destination and damage. Each piece would be staged until the end of the shift when all outbound trucks were loaded.
No advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJune 15, 2017
The day to day environment was normal for the most part, always busy loading and unloading trucks and taking care of customers. But management didn't seem to care for their associates only to look out for themselves as a corporation and not the people who made it what it is.
forward air sultion
Driver/operator (Former Employee) –  Driver, MD non cdlJune 14, 2017
warehouse workers playful and young driver's had the hardest jobs we got insualted from customer due to late delivery not of driver's fualt and management do not take up for there drivers even though we miss out on our family things to surport that job and they lie tell u they will help u move up to cdl's and lic for fork lift but they leave u hunging with the goals u want dealing with the job
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
pay never right
fun work place fast pace
main scanner (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonvlle, OHJune 4, 2017
i enjoyed this job I don't live in jeffersonville now so no longer working there but I miss it and I would go back. everyone was nice and you get to move quick which makes day go faster
Pros
good people
Cons
no cons
Not a place to work for long term
Terminal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 1, 2017
They will pigeon pass you and won't promote within. I do believe the management in corporate and office rather promote from outside and instead of in.
It's ok
Customer Service Representative / Operations (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 31, 2017
Understaffed demanding environment with no room to advance. Management expects the world of the little guys. Certain management plays favorites. If you can't work the hours they want you to, then oh well you may be out of a job. Small pay raises.
Pros
overtime due to shortstaffed
Cons
extended hours, not enough employees, some management isn't fair or understanding.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Escanes (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 30, 2017
Yo trabajé en el turno de la noche pero es muy buena empresa para trabajar le doy un 100 por ser una empresa muy buena
very intense and stressful due to management
Driver and P&D (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Company as a whole would be nice but the San Antonio,Tx division is run poorly. Office mgr disrespects and cast fear into employees. Their word is worthless you must get something in writing or you won't be honored.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
management does'nt know how to treat employees, thats why theres a big turn over in dock workers and drivers
Sucked
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMay 22, 2017
Horrible job. No training.. seemed more like a work release program than anything else. The supposed trainer basically insulted me and made me feel like I was an idiot. It was my first day and my next to last.
Bad scheduling
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMay 22, 2017
I will say Overall with forward air the only only big promblems that i had with them was poor scheduling and not haveing the paper work when it was needed other then that they are not to bad .
great place to work
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 20, 2017
i loved working here everyone was super nice ad very hard workers and got the job done, it was a very easy going layed back place to work and i would .
over just not a good company... just tear the freight all up
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2017
Very very bad place to work.the management don't know what's going on. Office people don't know what's going on drivers don't know what's going on which convinced me to think I didn't know what was going on
Pros
some of the girls were cute
Cons
it's the only freight forwarding company in DFW that services more destinations than others