Forward Air Employee Reviews

Not a good job anymore
Cargo handler (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 5, 2016
Have been there for a year now, it was a good job,until new management people, that has gone down the drain , not organized at all. Seem like they was taking money out of my check. Not a job you want to spend your life in
Pros
Your coworkers who was working with you
Cons
Pay check, management, working you from 6am to almost 8pm, they don't care about the employees at all
Fast paced
Sr. Operations / Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 4, 2016
Forward Air provides a fast paced workplace that requires problem solving and focused management to be successful. They are a nation wide, multi site company providing employment all across America.
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2016
Management did not care about employees. Pay was sallery. They played favorites by giving certain drivers easy 8 hour rought and others 12 to 14 hour rought with same pay.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours for little pay
not a good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 20, 2016
very unorganized, we only get paid daily no overtime time and we work up to 16 hours a day. the load out crew is sorry they are never on time with the trucks. the management sucks as well
Pros
get paid weekly
Cons
no time to handle PERSONAL BUSINESS
Great besides management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHNovember 12, 2016
I love working there most of the time. Management definitely needs to change!! They play favorites and unfair punishments to those who don't deserve to be punished. they never listen to their workers complaints and always blow them off.
Pros
pizza parties, great co workers
Cons
mangement
Loved the co worker/boss relationship
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 10, 2016
Love my co workers, loved my bosses. Learned a lot of different things from this company. Most of my customers would call me for help because I would get right on finding their shipment
fun worklace
Cargo Processor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2016
Fun workplace with friendly people. Your typical workday is full of laughter and smiles. Nothing but respect from all employees I encounter with. Toughest part is the time shift, working graveyard but you get used to it. Gives me valuable experience with dealing with maximizing A+ customer service
Travel all over the country.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 25, 2016
Its a good company to work for as an owner operate. If you can travel and stay busy this is a great company to work for also compensation is great.
Worst management ever!!!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHOctober 25, 2016
They have no clue how to manage a company or people. They cuss employees and then lie to cover their butts. Don't waste your time with them. They should fire them and hire real managers.
Good work place.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 21, 2016
It was a nicely ran workplace. The management took their time in explaining things to their employees. The work was straight forward and directions were easy to follow.
Needs Equpiment repaired, and work professionals, not tempts.
Quality control Scanner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 12, 2016
The people that were there for years to work with were great, all the tempts they hire make it impossible. The Headquarters allows no funds to repair equipment for years, its falling apart as far as equipment goes. More is spent monthly on truck washing than several years total on equipment maintenance.
Its a fast paced work environment, it is also an competitive place to work .
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists a lot of hard work ,dedication and being physically & mentally fit. You learn a lot working together , me myself have learned a few things like listen more or just learning to compromise on certain situations.
enjoyable place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2016
Great company to drive for, not pressured to go anywhere I am not comfortable taking a truck, management is fair and would not ever leave if not for the fact I am looking to quit driving a tractor trailer.
Pros
Life after work
Cons
pay, and too many drop and hooks
Great co-workers & team leader but horrible supervisor & management
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 24, 2016
At first things were great & even compensated me when I switched to a shift that better for me & I was under the impression I was to work 7 AM- 3 PM Mondays-Thursdays but a few weeks in the managers told our supervisors that our timehad to be shortened to 7-12 until it picked up later ok fine but then they wanted us out earlier & the hire ups got to the point where they would complain to the supervisor & team leaders we were still staying later than they wanted so they took away our break & it still wasn't to the liking. It eventually got hostile as a work environment & less enjoyable. The supervisor didn't try to undeestand even when you tried your best. I was doing my best taking garbage out when needed & doing my best to stack boxes on the pallets. The supervisor felt the need to harrass e in.particular about my stacking & kept asking did Iunderstand what we went over & I told him yes but last week he told me the hire ups were talking about firing me for no reason at all but that I had to wait on my ride but I had to get things worked out before asking co workers to take me home as I did not have gas money to do so. They didn't seem to care that we wanted more time or give me more time before Iclocked out earlier. I eventaully did & was able to leave work earlier. It still wasn't enough for the supervisor as on my last day I felt something was coming because as I was about to clock in for work. The supervisor felt the need to harrass me about what my problem was. He was rushing & talking down to the co workers to finish. I was wrapping pallets & trying to hurry so they wouldn't  more... say I was slow. The supervisor wss helping a co worker with boxes. I slid a few boxes to them thathad their store number on it. I did the last one the same & the supervisor decided totry toholler & scream at me front of everyone. He did the same a week before trying to embarass me about stacking boxes to slow. Guys from another shift was saying he & others were talking about me in particular & he let me know he & others would laugh at me about not having a way to leave until later without knowing to real story. He then felt the need to tell me I was fired in front of everyone & basically ranme out of the building. I was told to walk in the hot sun to a gas station to see if I could get a way home. I thought maybe someone would at least do that earlier but I waited an.hour until one of the co-workers was able todo so & I appreciate her for it. The supervisor & some of the managers are very unprofessional. When I started working there that wasn't the case. The only.persoonable one was the guy I talked to on my first interview. They would be nice to you to your face but talk about you behind your back after awhile. After a talk where the supervisor let me know tge hire ups did not want me around & they really didn't want us there after a certain time. It became a horrible environment to work & I grew distant from everything as I tried to wrap my head around things.  less
Pros
Getting a paycheck
Cons
Unprofessional supervisor & managers
crazy work hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 23, 2016
This company could be ran a lot more efficiently. The drivers are suppose to get to places on time and unload ontime but since everything is wrapped so loose your gonna spend time at almost every stop picking up cases.
Pros
decent pay check, good benefits, paid weekly
Cons
unorganized, trucks loaded bad daily, equipment brakes often
hauling LTL freight
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 6, 2016
FAF. is not a bad company to work for. personally as a independent contractor, miles should be higher. shouldn't have to fight for miles. As for personell. Good people.
Pros
money is not bad
Cons
sitting for periods of time
Nice place too work
Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I learned alot from this company and made several great friends.I learned several different skills and techniques from this company too further my career
decent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 28, 2016
Job Is good the pay not so much so. A typical work day is not hard you may find yourself leaving work early getting about 38 hours at the max a week. The environment is ok as far as being around your co-workers. Some of the people were very nice and kind, overall good job like I said pay should have just been a little more to compensate for not getting forty hours a week.
Pros
off by 2 most days
Cons
pay
Fun envi
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 23, 2016
At this warehouse every would give you a hand if help was needed but its a great jobs mainly because of the great hours thatall co-worker receive
Pros
Its a very great exercise
Cons
It can be very exhausting buh got to keep moving fast
Terrible work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2016
The job isn't hard. You take the boxes that go to your stores and palletize them then wrap. Management is lazy, they work you like dogs. You don't get any breaks and only 30 minute lunch. They have you work on Fridays but have you put Sunday's dates on paperwork because the shifts are only supposed to be Sunday- Thursday. Everyday you work anywhere from 10-16 hours. They don't care about you, you're just a number to them. In October you work 7 days a week until the new year. They want to write you up for anything
Pros
Pay, benefits, ot
Cons
No breaks, long hours, short lunch, managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8