Forward Air Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
very inconsistant
Employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37211September 15, 2017
i have worked for this company for a few years, and it's been a constant roller coaster. its goes from bad to worst then from better to bad. there is a lot of turn over with the dock and the drivers. this location in particular has had a lot of management turn over as well. i would not recommend working there.
Typical workday
Sort Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 14, 2017
Everyday i come in to a group of guys ready to load trucks. We generally have good nights because the guys like to joke on the jock. Some nights are worse than others when you have some unexpected freight to show up and after our cut times. Overall i enjoy working as a Sort Supervisor.
Pros
3 days off, No more than 50hrs a week
Cons
Fast past, constantly moving, long hours
fast paced easy job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Forrest Park, GASeptember 13, 2017
whether you have experience or not they will most likely higher you as long as you pass your drug screening. the hours are there and so is the money esp during peak season starting sept but come jan it ill be extremely slow. makes for a great part time job to supplement your income to.
Pros
great part time gig if you need extra money
Cons
peaks and valley's in terms of work
Good company
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 5, 2017
They work well with your schedule. It is a relaxed environment and the management was good to my husband and I as team drivers. I worked with a contractor thru forward air and they have many routes for their drivers
stressful work and poor hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Forward air was a stressful place to work where i received almost no training from any supervisor. when i first started working at he warehouse it highly disorganized. people quit or were fired almost every other day. once the holidays came around the work started to slow down and hours were cut.
I do not recommend working here.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 30, 2017
The first day other workers had a bet how long I and others will stay
here.

This company is in the business in drying other smaller trucking co. s
increasing their bottom line no matter who's or what is in the way.
Pros
Other drives will help the best they can, if they speak english.
Cons
on safe place to work.
Enjoyed the physical labor of the job and the management was fair.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for this comaony because I don't mind physical labor and that was the bulk of the job. There were often a lot of employee turnovers, which didn't look good. But I believe it was because the pay was low for the amount of work we were doing and often hours were cut. You could not ever depend on getting the scheduled amount of hours posted for you.
I did learn new skills at this job and wished that I would have been able to get a regularly scheduled work week. I could not afford to not ever know what hours I would actually get. Nevertheless, the management was great and I added to my skill sets!
Pros
Management and the love for physical labor
Cons
Scheduling
It's was a fun place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 15, 2017
everyone got along, joked around and worked hard at the same time. Got the job done. Went in at 9 a.m. Every morning got done when ever the job was done if it was 2 hours or 16 hours we stayed till it was done.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Didn't know when we was getting off
A true American sweatshop
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Do you enjoy being escorted to and from the bathroom? Do you enjoy working in horribly hot and then brutally cold conditions or endless hours? All for the princely sum of 150 hours? My advice to anyone consdiering working here is to band together with yourcoworkers, form a union, and seize the means of production!!!!
Cons
The entire job
work day
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2017
inconsistent long hours, poor management, get like 28 a week but with no consistent start time, like one day it will be 0600-2200 or 1300-2300 then ask you to work outbound
job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 2, 2017
It was an ok job. The company had good benefits for it's employees, but not their families. Insurance was offered for individuals and families but insurance not available to spouse if their company has insurance.
There were nights I was the only person in the warehouse. I had genuine concerns for safety.
Poor Operations and Overworked
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJuly 29, 2017
This Company will only treat you as a workslave. Only one break and they will overwork you. The supervisor is a real piece of work and they do not communicate nor do they have a good teamwork. They will throw you under the bus and give little help. I would rather shoot myself in the foot then work here. Do not work here unless you are desperate and I MEAN DESPERATE!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Overworked and Under Payed 1 Break thru a 9-12 hour work day Management
Great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Always had a job for me and my wife. We were always willing to work hard and they appreciated that we worked to the best of our ability and beyond.
bad
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHJuly 24, 2017
rude people/supervisors, horrible hours constantly getting cut/ no benefits, broken equipment. everyday started with no one knowing what they were doing. you would show up some days and be sent home because they didnt have any work.
Cons
no benifits/ cut hours/ bad equipment
Fork Lift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2017
Forklift driver , loaded and unloaded trucks . Had to organized and move packages to locations required to location delivery to ship to many locations.
Pros
ok hours
Cons
was night shift
Terrible place to for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
The pay is low , once the work is finish they send you home even if it's 3 hours . Management sucks only care about their own pockets it's waste of time . MCDonalds is probably better .
Pros
Cons
Wages and not enough hours, high turnover
Not good enough
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
I was promised 40 a week over time by my 2nd week all of that was just plain lies you supposed to collect boxes and put them in trucks but all of the boxes are scattered around the whole building
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Everything sucks
Dangerous
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 12, 2017
fast paced work environment but little to know communication between crews and upper level management. mandatory saturday overtime is frequent, usually between 2 and three times per month. Dangerous
Good company to work for
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Liked working for forward air good company to work for. Good equipment and the people are helpful. They have good working relationship with their customers. and ample trailers to service the customers.
Pros
Good equipment and in good working order wide range of customers to deal with
Cons
long hours and fast paced
Terrible
Part Time Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 22, 2017
Forward Air is a company that does not care for their employees, but only for the upper management. The management will force you to work long hours and not have more than one day off.
Pros
n/a