Forward Air Employee Reviews in United States

Its productive and fast pace
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 14, 2016
I sort load and off load freight
I learned how to organize and recoup damage freight
management is very helpful and hands on if needed
co workers are great
hardest part of the job is dealing with climate
completing all my work
Pros
management
Cons
salary incruments
Productive but Stressful
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2016
stressful but very fulfilling. I felt accomplished at the end of each day.
the terminal manager was awesome!
Co-Workers were very difficult to deal with though.
Just not enough hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 3, 2016
Liked my job very much but the hours were not what i needed since i was only working Part time .They were good people to work for just not enough hours!
Company is terrible to work for!!!
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Desplaines, IllinoisJuly 3, 2016
The place is run by idiots that have zero clue on how to a job.The hub manager is from Towne air.He is a complete bufoon that should be fired.
Pros
The 401k and benifits
Cons
The managers and anyone that has a pulse in the office
forwward Air
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  goveport,, ohioJune 21, 2016
Excellent company

Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
What every work order we receive for to day we get the pallets together and load with forklift and unload skid or pallets to be ship out

Skid that was broken or not usable we had a truck to be take for recycle.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
15 minutes one break
lots of good employees to work with
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 12, 2016
Great employees to work with, but no room for advancement. great way to get experience driving a forklift and learn how to move boxes to the right door. they use airport codes for different places all over the US. the management was okay but not the best. hardest part of the job was not to hit any of the freight. the most enjoyable part meeting new people you work with.
Pros
other employees, lunch time 30 min
Cons
management and long hours
Productive and fun work place
Data Entry Speaclist (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OH 43128May 25, 2016
Shipping company that ships a little of everywhere. Four different shifts to chose from. Friendly people to work with.
Pros
People that you work with.
Cons
Not enough space
It's a means to an end
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 24, 2016
If you want to learn the business and get micro managed, then work at ForwardAir. I think they need a change in management.
Organization and Communcation need improvement
Driver - Non CDL (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
The every day organization is lacking and because of this there is miscommunication. This leaves the employees and clients dissatisfied. Compensation is also not even across the board and not clear as to how we are compensated.
loved my work, just not the lack of managemnt
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMay 5, 2016
I liked the work I did, because I don't mind working hard and at a fast pace, However the Management was always to busy to listen to you or help when needed and there was a lot of drama among some co-workers, which made it stressful many days,
I wish I would have been able to stay longer, however they cut everyone's days back to 2 days per week. The drama I was able to tune out, I went to work on time and did my job and again, I welcome hard work!
Pros
Enjoyed working hard
Cons
staff drama and lack of management
Great job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 13, 2016
I loved this job I got off at a decent time and I had great pay not to mention I had weekends of it was work but basicly everything 1 could ask for
Horrible Place for Truck Drivers who are Owner Operators
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 5, 2016
Not enough loads for the owner operators in ltx. This company tells you drivers will get no less than 2,000 miles per week, but taht is not the case for at first 5 to 6 months of the year. Drivers have told me that starting in july through the end of the year you will get more miles than you want, but the 1st part of the year drivers will starve.

They also don't pay tolls and scale tickets in a timely manner. I have tolls and scale tickets from over a month ago that are still not paid even after calling them multiple times. Their fuel surcharge is also a joke.. Fuel surcharge is like $.05 Cents/per mile.

They also won't pay you for sitting and waiting when there is a problem with their trailer. I was tied up two days because of a problem with their trailer and they told me they don't pay owner operators for sitting and waiting. I took their trailer to the shop and waited a total of 8.5 Hours, went home and came back and waited more time, then went to load again and the trailer was rejected again. Three weeks later and I still have not been paid and was just told if I was a company driver I would have been paid by the hour for my time, but since I am an owner operator forward air does not pay for that.

I am waiting for a call to leave this company any day now..

Stay away from forward if you are an owner operator they don't care about us!!!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOT ENOUGH FREIGHT, LOW FUEL SURCHARGE, HORRIBLE HOME TIME OUT 14 DAYS, NO LOADS TO GET YOU HOME AND DON'T WANT TO PAY MILEAGE HOME, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
fun work environment
Regional Carrier Specialist (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 28, 2016
MY managers were great, we kept the store very neat and organized. But the Eastland mall location was a terrible place to work due to the clientele.
Pros
percentage off of merchandise
Cons
bad clientele in that area
Productive and fun work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 14, 2016
Got familiar with dock work.
Real hands on.
Easy to adjust to.
Flexible work environment.
It was a good team involved job.
fast-paced,enjoyable co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 1, 2016
Worked longer for company when it was under another company name,Wish they did not have to downsize the company and release a lot of employees.
Pros
co-workers, insurance, enviroment
Cons
company was bought
Forward Air Inc. Gets Two Thumbs Up!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to work, learning new ways to do things everyday. Coworkers are hardworking and motivated, generally nice people. If you put in the time, there are benefits and chances to advance. Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
work a set schedule, benefits after 60 days, good people.
Cons
some people have a bad attitude, which can be found in almost all fields of work.
Experienced Sr. Lead Software QA Analyst
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my Job is helping my company solve complex testing and software development challenges. The environment is laid back and the team spirit is very alive.
warehouse
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2016
I operated a forklift to place and remove completed orders on and off trucks. I helped placed orders onto pallets and used a bar code scanner to track them.
plenty of work for us
Air and Ocean Imports Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Data Entry, phones, filing, create and implement Customs documents, create and modify daily/monthly reports for our customers and management, ensure all import cargo meets custom regulations and requirements for proper release of cargo.
This was our daily process until they let us all go after training their employees. Towne Air was my life. I enjoyed that company and I will miss them dearly.
Pros
plenty of work for us
Cons
they let us all go after we trained their employees
Productive and organized
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2016
The work was not that hard they need to improve work equipment and you have to walk so far to put the boxes on the rail and the manual rail u have to use or old and hard to push boxes on the rail into truck and you get no hours.

2.7