Forward Air Employee Reviews

Forward Air Inc. Gets Two Thumbs Up!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to work, learning new ways to do things everyday. Coworkers are hardworking and motivated, generally nice people. If you put in the time, there are benefits and chances to advance. Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
work a set schedule, benefits after 60 days, good people.
Cons
some people have a bad attitude, which can be found in almost all fields of work.
Great insurance. Horrible work/life balance
Office employee (Current Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 12, 2015
This growing company has the ability to be top notch. Although they promote the idea of developing employees and being a family, it is far from the case. Many employees routinely work 10+ hour days.Some in this company are on mandatory 11+ hr shifts, 5 days a week with no OT and expected to be on call over the weekend. Vacation and time off isn't respected and you are expected to answer calls/emails then too. No consideration for personal time or family at all. It could be a great company, but make sure you don't have a life. Also, many of the women at the corporate office are a nightmare to deal with. Unprofessional and plain rude. When you have to spend long hours at work and also have to deal with rude co-workers, it makes for an extremely poor work environment. Shame on this company for allowing this. It is not a secret, but it is ignored and swept under the rug. It is all about the almighty dollar for those making it.
Pros
insurance, 401K
Cons
very long days, mean corporate employees
Great Benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2015
This company does have great benefits for employees. I do love the work I do. It was hard at first though as they don't have a great training program in place. I'm at a smaller terminal so I don't feel like there is much room for advancement unless I'm willing to locate, which is not an option for me.
Overall i give them 4 stars.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Employees could be a little more attentive in caring for trucks, besides that everything is great. I've worked with some very nice people there. Working with pleasant people makes the time go by faster.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
only able to enroll for benefits once a year
Terrible work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2016
The job isn't hard. You take the boxes that go to your stores and palletize them then wrap. Management is lazy, they work you like dogs. You don't get any breaks and only 30 minute lunch. They have you work on Fridays but have you put Sunday's dates on paperwork because the shifts are only supposed to be Sunday- Thursday. Everyday you work anywhere from 10-16 hours. They don't care about you, you're just a number to them. In October you work 7 days a week until the new year. They want to write you up for anything
Pros
Pay, benefits, ot
Cons
No breaks, long hours, short lunch, managment
Its an inbetween job. Its not worth it to stay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreOctober 2, 2015
Cons: Hours arnt set, come in at different times everyday/week, never have the same route, you work 10-14 hours a day only get paid for 8 hours (140-180) a day depending on what type of license you have. After peak season you'll only get 2-3 days a week. Bosses do underhanded stuff.

Pro's. You'll have benefits
It's a good job to hold you over until you have something else
Good work enviroment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carter Lake, IANovember 1, 2015
Fun, fast paced, easy to get along with the workers! Good benefits, new equipment, laid back work environment, all around a good place to work!
Pros
You stay clocked in for ALL breaks
Cons
None really
Not employee friendly company.
Executive Asst to Sr VP and GM (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 4, 2015
Management is un-supportive. There are employee incentives for all employee's, except for office workers. There is no room for advancement. Benefits are good for my family and I. Management micro-manages, which means there's are always interruptions and that makes it difficult to get tasks completed.
Pros
Hours are flexible.
Cons
Listed above.
lots of good employees to work with
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 12, 2016
Great employees to work with, but no room for advancement. great way to get experience driving a forklift and learn how to move boxes to the right door. they use airport codes for different places all over the US. the management was okay but not the best. hardest part of the job was not to hit any of the freight. the most enjoyable part meeting new people you work with.
Pros
other employees, lunch time 30 min
Cons
management and long hours
decent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 28, 2016
Job Is good the pay not so much so. A typical work day is not hard you may find yourself leaving work early getting about 38 hours at the max a week. The environment is ok as far as being around your co-workers. Some of the people were very nice and kind, overall good job like I said pay should have just been a little more to compensate for not getting forty hours a week.
Pros
off by 2 most days
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Forward Air?

Ask a question
loved my work, just not the lack of managemnt
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMay 5, 2016
I liked the work I did, because I don't mind working hard and at a fast pace, However the Management was always to busy to listen to you or help when needed and there was a lot of drama among some co-workers, which made it stressful many days,
I wish I would have been able to stay longer, however they cut everyone's days back to 2 days per week. The drama I was able to tune out, I went to work on time and did my job and again, I welcome hard work!
Pros
Enjoyed working hard
Cons
staff drama and lack of management
Difficult company
Office Administrator/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2015
I perhaps am not the best reviewer - they have left me with a terrible bad taste in my mouth.

It is the most top-heavy company I have ever had exposure to and misfortune whereby to be employed.

There are several, many in fact, great people who are being professionally abused and mistreated, completely under appreciated by this company. But the medical benefits were worth the torture up to 10 years for me.

The hardest part of the job: big business politics within a small business.

The best part of the job: customer service-developing a personal relationship with those whom we served-made ALL the difference for them and us.
crazy work hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 23, 2016
This company could be ran a lot more efficiently. The drivers are suppose to get to places on time and unload ontime but since everything is wrapped so loose your gonna spend time at almost every stop picking up cases.
Pros
decent pay check, good benefits, paid weekly
Cons
unorganized, trucks loaded bad daily, equipment brakes often
Nice Second Job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 19, 2015
Good benefits, flexible schedule. Great training, there's really not much else to say about this company. They don't respect employees well
Management work for warehouse worker pay. Lack of employee recognition, lack of management support one mistake and it ruins your career
plenty of work for us
Air and Ocean Imports Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Data Entry, phones, filing, create and implement Customs documents, create and modify daily/monthly reports for our customers and management, ensure all import cargo meets custom regulations and requirements for proper release of cargo.
This was our daily process until they let us all go after training their employees. Towne Air was my life. I enjoyed that company and I will miss them dearly.
Pros
plenty of work for us
Cons
they let us all go after we trained their employees
forwward Air
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  goveport,, ohioJune 21, 2016
Excellent company

Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
What every work order we receive for to day we get the pallets together and load with forklift and unload skid or pallets to be ship out

Skid that was broken or not usable we had a truck to be take for recycle.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
15 minutes one break
Its productive and fast pace
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 14, 2016
I sort load and off load freight
I learned how to organize and recoup damage freight
management is very helpful and hands on if needed
co workers are great
hardest part of the job is dealing with climate
completing all my work
Pros
management
Cons
salary incruments
The temperature was pretty hot all the time but the work was manageable.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonvlle, OHJuly 28, 2016
It was good because i lived so close and i knew many of the co-workers. Work environment was okay. The management seemed as if he didn't care about our voice as a shift, but work was still done and done well.
hauling LTL freight
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 6, 2016
FAF. is not a bad company to work for. personally as a independent contractor, miles should be higher. shouldn't have to fight for miles. As for personell. Good people.
Pros
money is not bad
Cons
sitting for periods of time
Fun envi
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 23, 2016
At this warehouse every would give you a hand if help was needed but its a great jobs mainly because of the great hours thatall co-worker receive
Pros
Its a very great exercise
Cons
It can be very exhausting buh got to keep moving fast

2.8