Forward Air Employee Reviews

A Great Company to work for
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Stoney Ridge OHDecember 14, 2016
I have been a Forward Air Driver for 7 yrs...I bought and paid my trk off with Forward Air. I have always had and excellent work relationship with this company. I get ample time at home and they have worked with me when an emergency raised and needed to take extra time off. I recommend Forward Air highly.
Pros
Works with you and what you need
Cons
Changing what isnt broken
Like Everything....You Get what you put in.....Good Company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 13, 2017
I signed on to a terminal that had challenges however I was accepted and knew my place and my duties. Operations 101. Invalid Excuses garner zero results. No Excuses garner more. You earn your pay and the results warrant examination. In the end, you make or break the experience.
Pros
Benefits; Leadership Development
Cons
Life\Work Balance.
Not a good job anymore
Cargo handler (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 5, 2016
Have been there for a year now, it was a good job,until new management people, that has gone down the drain , not organized at all. Seem like they was taking money out of my check. Not a job you want to spend your life in
Pros
Your coworkers who was working with you
Cons
Pay check, management, working you from 6am to almost 8pm, they don't care about the employees at all
Physically stressful job not for everyone unless can work in harsh conditions.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2016
Working in a warehouse, no heat or A/C. No smoke breaks. Management is pretty well. Job not for everyone if you can handle lifting 50lbs or more everyday and handling forklifts. Jobs for you.
Pros
15 minute paid breaks, good pay, good hours
Cons
Dirty work inviroment, physically stressful
Needs Equpiment repaired, and work professionals, not tempts.
Quality control Scanner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 12, 2016
The people that were there for years to work with were great, all the tempts they hire make it impossible. The Headquarters allows no funds to repair equipment for years, its falling apart as far as equipment goes. More is spent monthly on truck washing than several years total on equipment maintenance.
Great besides management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHNovember 12, 2016
I love working there most of the time. Management definitely needs to change!! They play favorites and unfair punishments to those who don't deserve to be punished. they never listen to their workers complaints and always blow them off.
Pros
pizza parties, great co workers
Cons
mangement
fun worklace
Cargo Processor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2016
Fun workplace with friendly people. Your typical workday is full of laughter and smiles. Nothing but respect from all employees I encounter with. Toughest part is the time shift, working graveyard but you get used to it. Gives me valuable experience with dealing with maximizing A+ customer service
decent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 28, 2016
Job Is good the pay not so much so. A typical work day is not hard you may find yourself leaving work early getting about 38 hours at the max a week. The environment is ok as far as being around your co-workers. Some of the people were very nice and kind, overall good job like I said pay should have just been a little more to compensate for not getting forty hours a week.
Pros
off by 2 most days
Cons
pay
Terrible work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2016
The job isn't hard. You take the boxes that go to your stores and palletize them then wrap. Management is lazy, they work you like dogs. You don't get any breaks and only 30 minute lunch. They have you work on Fridays but have you put Sunday's dates on paperwork because the shifts are only supposed to be Sunday- Thursday. Everyday you work anywhere from 10-16 hours. They don't care about you, you're just a number to them. In October you work 7 days a week until the new year. They want to write you up for anything
Pros
Pay, benefits, ot
Cons
No breaks, long hours, short lunch, managment
crazy work hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 23, 2016
This company could be ran a lot more efficiently. The drivers are suppose to get to places on time and unload ontime but since everything is wrapped so loose your gonna spend time at almost every stop picking up cases.
Pros
decent pay check, good benefits, paid weekly
Cons
unorganized, trucks loaded bad daily, equipment brakes often
Its a fast paced work environment, it is also an competitive place to work .
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists a lot of hard work ,dedication and being physically & mentally fit. You learn a lot working together , me myself have learned a few things like listen more or just learning to compromise on certain situations.
fun and a good environment
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2016
i have learned many things working in a warehouse. everything must be placed in the right area and must be scanned more than twice before the end of the day or the day it gets shipped out. the people i worked with here made work more fun and the time fo by faster.
easy job and good warehouse environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Working at Forward Air was easy and sometimes fun. if you enjoy driving a Hi-Lo and loading/ unloading trucks then this might be the job for you. management is good too.
Pros
good management, easy work
Cons
dont pay enough
not a good company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 20, 2016
very unorganized, we only get paid daily no overtime time and we work up to 16 hours a day. the load out crew is sorry they are never on time with the trucks. the management sucks as well
Pros
get paid weekly
Cons
no time to handle PERSONAL BUSINESS
enjoyable place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2016
Great company to drive for, not pressured to go anywhere I am not comfortable taking a truck, management is fair and would not ever leave if not for the fact I am looking to quit driving a tractor trailer.
Pros
Life after work
Cons
pay, and too many drop and hooks
Fast paced
Sr. Operations / Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 4, 2016
Forward Air provides a fast paced workplace that requires problem solving and focused management to be successful. They are a nation wide, multi site company providing employment all across America.
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2016
Management did not care about employees. Pay was sallery. They played favorites by giving certain drivers easy 8 hour rought and others 12 to 14 hour rought with same pay.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours for little pay
Loved the co worker/boss relationship
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 10, 2016
Love my co workers, loved my bosses. Learned a lot of different things from this company. Most of my customers would call me for help because I would get right on finding their shipment
Productive and fun work place
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 18, 2017
• Supervised loaders within the warehouse and organized all activities.
• Trained and managed staff within the department as well as communicated with other departments
lots of good employees to work with
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 12, 2016
Great employees to work with, but no room for advancement. great way to get experience driving a forklift and learn how to move boxes to the right door. they use airport codes for different places all over the US. the management was okay but not the best. hardest part of the job was not to hit any of the freight. the most enjoyable part meeting new people you work with.
Pros
other employees, lunch time 30 min
Cons
management and long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9