Forward Air Employee Reviews

very intense and stressful due to management
Driver and P&D (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Company as a whole would be nice but the San Antonio,Tx division is run poorly. Office mgr disrespects and cast fear into employees. Their word is worthless you must get something in writing or you won't be honored.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
management does'nt know how to treat employees, thats why theres a big turn over in dock workers and drivers
Sucked
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMay 22, 2017
Horrible job. No training.. seemed more like a work release program than anything else. The supposed trainer basically insulted me and made me feel like I was an idiot. It was my first day and my next to last.
Bad scheduling
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMay 22, 2017
I will say Overall with forward air the only only big promblems that i had with them was poor scheduling and not haveing the paper work when it was needed other then that they are not to bad .
great place to work
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 20, 2017
i loved working here everyone was super nice ad very hard workers and got the job done, it was a very easy going layed back place to work and i would .
over just not a good company... just tear the freight all up
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2017
Very very bad place to work.the management don't know what's going on. Office people don't know what's going on drivers don't know what's going on which convinced me to think I didn't know what was going on
Pros
some of the girls were cute
Cons
it's the only freight forwarding company in DFW that services more destinations than others
Interesting
Procurement & Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 17, 2017
Interesting job field. Learned alot. There is not alot of opportunities for advancement. Some unfair treatment. Work place environment gloomy. Enjoyed the logistics part.
Stressfull place to workthis com
Driver (Current Employee) –  San antonio tx.May 14, 2017
This company expects too much out of you without fixing their faults. They think because they speak over and over that the issues r fixed without them trying.you can't fix problems these days without demonstrations. People these days are not capable of doing Manuel labor unless you hold their hand.most people today cannot function without electronics.employees are told to stay working as long as possible until everything is done but as soon as it hits 3 or 4 pm every manager and Supervisor is ready to leave .they come in late and leave early.not good role models.
Pros
Benefits r pretty good
Cons
They only do what benefits them.
Laid back and productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 9, 2017
It is very family and friend based, which can be good and bad. The only down side is that there can be inter communication gaps between shifts and co workers that can cause issues with staging or day to day operations.
fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 8, 2017
this experience with forward air has been an interesting occupation. I have met alot of great people, this was the first job that i was certified on the forklift within a weeks time frame.
Pros
almost an hour lunch
Cons
unexpected hours
Busy high paced work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2017
Day in and day out this is a very high paced environment that requires a lot of attention to detail and a quick thinking mind and quick and precise actions.
unfriendly atmosphere
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 5, 2017
I drive for a owner operator. It is tuff to get paid on time and 0 benefits.I learned and always have, that there has to be a little injection of management.Typical day is drive to St.Louis and return.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
no days off, Absent owner
cant keep due to management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 4, 2017
the management sucks. the loaders and driver where good people. the office never on the same page had a different terminal manager every year witch means a different (mr. know it all) every year. your job description would change with out u knowing it and here comes a write up. cant keep up with paper work(your fault).no equipment to do job properly. trucks are not taken care of(maintenance) will sit on the side of the road for hours
Pros
cool people
Cons
no set start time, write ups, lies, bad management
good starter job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 4, 2017
Fast pace work environment. Very hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Competitive pay and lots of heavy lifting. Loved working here and the supervisors are great.
Fast paste work flow.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  2444 Innovation .wayMay 1, 2017
I your in shape and like working well with others , forward air is for you. Their are lots of ways to improve in this company . Just work hard and come to work on time .
Pros
Hard work pays off .
Cons
Lots of lifting and standing .
productive place 2 work
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work includes working hard & getting things done. Ive learned a lot so that I may add my experiences to my resumes.
Hardest part of the job is the weather (cold). Most enjoyable part of the job is my lunch-break.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
too cold
Forward Air
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAApril 26, 2017
Typical day started with the night shift messing up drivers trucks by not loading them or miss routing packages. No one gets in trouble for not doing their job and expects others to cover the slack.
data entry
Dispatcher Achievements (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work was answering the phone, filing invoices, auditing and more. the job was always a fast pace. I really enjoyed working with the public and traveling.
Pros
great company
Terrible
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2017
Iv worked there for 4 years and they do not care about there employees. As long as the head hanchos have money in there pocket that's all that matters. Unhealthy work environment
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
I love my job
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2017
I was a truck driver I was treated very nice and fairly at all time I never was put in a predicament that was unsafe working for Forward Air was one of the best things I have ever did
Fun workplace
Customer Service / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 11, 2017
Management is great.
Co-workers are fun to work with.
There is always a chance for advancement and the work is not very stressful. Great place to be!!!
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9