Forward Air Employee Reviews in United States

Great insurance. Horrible work/life balance
Office employee (Current Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 12, 2015
This growing company has the ability to be top notch. Although they promote the idea of developing employees and being a family, it is far from the case. Many employees routinely work 10+ hour days.Some in this company are on mandatory 11+ hr shifts, 5 days a week with no OT and expected to be on call over the weekend. Vacation and time off isn't respected and you are expected to answer calls/emails then too. No consideration for personal time or family at all. It could be a great company, but make sure you don't have a life. Also, many of the women at the corporate office are a nightmare to deal with. Unprofessional and plain rude. When you have to spend long hours at work and also have to deal with rude co-workers, it makes for an extremely poor work environment. Shame on this company for allowing this. It is not a secret, but it is ignored and swept under the rug. It is all about the almighty dollar for those making it.
Pros
insurance, 401K
Cons
very long days, mean corporate employees
Great Benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2015
This company does have great benefits for employees. I do love the work I do. It was hard at first though as they don't have a great training program in place. I'm at a smaller terminal so I don't feel like there is much room for advancement unless I'm willing to locate, which is not an option for me.
plenty of work for us
Air and Ocean Imports Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Data Entry, phones, filing, create and implement Customs documents, create and modify daily/monthly reports for our customers and management, ensure all import cargo meets custom regulations and requirements for proper release of cargo.
This was our daily process until they let us all go after training their employees. Towne Air was my life. I enjoyed that company and I will miss them dearly.
Pros
plenty of work for us
Cons
they let us all go after we trained their employees
Forward Air Inc. Gets Two Thumbs Up!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to work, learning new ways to do things everyday. Coworkers are hardworking and motivated, generally nice people. If you put in the time, there are benefits and chances to advance. Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
work a set schedule, benefits after 60 days, good people.
Cons
some people have a bad attitude, which can be found in almost all fields of work.
Not employee friendly company.
Executive Asst to Sr VP and GM (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 4, 2015
Management is un-supportive. There are employee incentives for all employee's, except for office workers. There is no room for advancement. Benefits are good for my family and I. Management micro-manages, which means there's are always interruptions and that makes it difficult to get tasks completed.
Pros
Hours are flexible.
Cons
Listed above.
loved my work, just not the lack of managemnt
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMay 5, 2016
I liked the work I did, because I don't mind working hard and at a fast pace, However the Management was always to busy to listen to you or help when needed and there was a lot of drama among some co-workers, which made it stressful many days,
I wish I would have been able to stay longer, however they cut everyone's days back to 2 days per week. The drama I was able to tune out, I went to work on time and did my job and again, I welcome hard work!
Pros
Enjoyed working hard
Cons
staff drama and lack of management
Horrible Place for Truck Drivers who are Owner Operators
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 5, 2016
Not enough loads for the owner operators in ltx. This company tells you drivers will get no less than 2,000 miles per week, but taht is not the case for at first 5 to 6 months of the year. Drivers have told me that starting in july through the end of the year you will get more miles than you want, but the 1st part of the year drivers will starve.

They also don't pay tolls and scale tickets in a timely manner. I have tolls and scale tickets from over a month ago that are still not paid even after calling them multiple times. Their fuel surcharge is also a joke.. Fuel surcharge is like $.05 Cents/per mile.

They also won't pay you for sitting and waiting when there is a problem with their trailer. I was tied up two days because of a problem with their trailer and they told me they don't pay owner operators for sitting and waiting. I took their trailer to the shop and waited a total of 8.5 Hours, went home and came back and waited more time, then went to load again and the trailer was rejected again. Three weeks later and I still have not been paid and was just told if I was a company driver I would have been paid by the hour for my time, but since I am an owner operator forward air does not pay for that.

I am waiting for a call to leave this company any day now..

Stay away from forward if you are an owner operator they don't care about us!!!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOT ENOUGH FREIGHT, LOW FUEL SURCHARGE, HORRIBLE HOME TIME OUT 14 DAYS, NO LOADS TO GET YOU HOME AND DON'T WANT TO PAY MILEAGE HOME, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
lots of good employees to work with
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 12, 2016
Great employees to work with, but no room for advancement. great way to get experience driving a forklift and learn how to move boxes to the right door. they use airport codes for different places all over the US. the management was okay but not the best. hardest part of the job was not to hit any of the freight. the most enjoyable part meeting new people you work with.
Pros
other employees, lunch time 30 min
Cons
management and long hours
Overall i give them 4 stars.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Employees could be a little more attentive in caring for trucks, besides that everything is great. I've worked with some very nice people there. Working with pleasant people makes the time go by faster.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
only able to enroll for benefits once a year
Nice Second Job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 19, 2015
Good benefits, flexible schedule. Great training, there's really not much else to say about this company. They don't respect employees well
Management work for warehouse worker pay. Lack of employee recognition, lack of management support one mistake and it ruins your career
forwward Air
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  goveport,, ohioJune 21, 2016
Excellent company

Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
What every work order we receive for to day we get the pallets together and load with forklift and unload skid or pallets to be ship out

Skid that was broken or not usable we had a truck to be take for recycle.
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
15 minutes one break
Productive environment; great work life balance
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2015
Great place to work. I was employed as a part-time dock worker but I am always offered additional hours to work. This allows me to maintain a great work life balance as I can opt for more hours as needed without causing major adjustments at home. Accepting overtime always feels like an opportunity for recognition and possible advancement.
Its productive and fast pace
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 14, 2016
I sort load and off load freight
I learned how to organize and recoup damage freight
management is very helpful and hands on if needed
co workers are great
hardest part of the job is dealing with climate
completing all my work
Pros
management
Cons
salary incruments
Great place to work!
Cargo processor/ part-Time (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 1, 2015
On any given day, me personally, I would either take freight off of a trailer, or load it up. Every once in a while the management would throw me into the office and I would be behind a computer, which was more mentally challenging than anything. I got along great with the managers there. Great people, fun to work for, they all started from the bottom, so they don't have that self entitlement issue. They have all been where you will be starting at should you get hired on. hardest part of the job is the physicality of actually loading the friend back into a trailer. If you cant pick things up with the forklift then you will have to do it by hand, and that can be challenging. especially with the furniture that comes in card board boxes! But overall the best part of the job is coming to work in a great environment! Great co workers, great people to work for and the occasional Forward Air Proud Cookouts!
The temperature was pretty hot all the time but the work was manageable.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonvlle, OHJuly 28, 2016
It was good because i lived so close and i knew many of the co-workers. Work environment was okay. The management seemed as if he didn't care about our voice as a shift, but work was still done and done well.
Difficult company
Office Administrator/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2015
I perhaps am not the best reviewer - they have left me with a terrible bad taste in my mouth.

It is the most top-heavy company I have ever had exposure to and misfortune whereby to be employed.

There are several, many in fact, great people who are being professionally abused and mistreated, completely under appreciated by this company. But the medical benefits were worth the torture up to 10 years for me.

The hardest part of the job: big business politics within a small business.

The best part of the job: customer service-developing a personal relationship with those whom we served-made ALL the difference for them and us.
Organization and Communcation need improvement
Driver - Non CDL (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
The every day organization is lacking and because of this there is miscommunication. This leaves the employees and clients dissatisfied. Compensation is also not even across the board and not clear as to how we are compensated.
Company is terrible to work for!!!
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Desplaines, IllinoisJuly 3, 2016
The place is run by idiots that have zero clue on how to a job.The hub manager is from Towne air.He is a complete bufoon that should be fired.
Pros
The 401k and benifits
Cons
The managers and anyone that has a pulse in the office
Good place to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 3, 2016
Loaded freight, inspected paperwork, truck and delivered. Drove semi, straight trucks and vans. Local route around north eastern Iowa.
Pros
Newer vehicles, ok management.
Productive but Stressful
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2016
stressful but very fulfilling. I felt accomplished at the end of each day.
the terminal manager was awesome!
Co-Workers were very difficult to deal with though.

2.7