Forward Air Employee Reviews

fun work environment
Regional Carrier Specialist (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 28, 2016
MY managers were great, we kept the store very neat and organized. But the Eastland mall location was a terrible place to work due to the clientele.
Pros
percentage off of merchandise
Cons
bad clientele in that area
Productive and fun work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 14, 2016
Got familiar with dock work.
Real hands on.
Easy to adjust to.
Flexible work environment.
It was a good team involved job.
fast-paced,enjoyable co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 1, 2016
Worked longer for company when it was under another company name,Wish they did not have to downsize the company and release a lot of employees.
Pros
co-workers, insurance, enviroment
Cons
company was bought
Forward Air Inc. Gets Two Thumbs Up!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to work, learning new ways to do things everyday. Coworkers are hardworking and motivated, generally nice people. If you put in the time, there are benefits and chances to advance. Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
work a set schedule, benefits after 60 days, good people.
Cons
some people have a bad attitude, which can be found in almost all fields of work.
Experienced Sr. Lead Software QA Analyst
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my Job is helping my company solve complex testing and software development challenges. The environment is laid back and the team spirit is very alive.
warehouse
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2016
I operated a forklift to place and remove completed orders on and off trucks. I helped placed orders onto pallets and used a bar code scanner to track them.
plenty of work for us
Air and Ocean Imports Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Data Entry, phones, filing, create and implement Customs documents, create and modify daily/monthly reports for our customers and management, ensure all import cargo meets custom regulations and requirements for proper release of cargo.
This was our daily process until they let us all go after training their employees. Towne Air was my life. I enjoyed that company and I will miss them dearly.
Pros
plenty of work for us
Cons
they let us all go after we trained their employees
Productive and organized
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2016
The work was not that hard they need to improve work equipment and you have to walk so far to put the boxes on the rail and the manual rail u have to use or old and hard to push boxes on the rail into truck and you get no hours.
Overall i give them 4 stars.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJanuary 25, 2016
Employees could be a little more attentive in caring for trucks, besides that everything is great. I've worked with some very nice people there. Working with pleasant people makes the time go by faster.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
only able to enroll for benefits once a year
Imports/Containers (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 22, 2016
I really enjoy working for this company. This company has taught me very much. The people in the office are great people to work with. It feels more like a family than a bunch of coworkers.
Cons
No availability to advance
worthless
number (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 17, 2016
long days, without support or leadership, job simple but unrewarding and waste of resources.Better places, keep searching
Good place to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 3, 2016
Loaded freight, inspected paperwork, truck and delivered. Drove semi, straight trucks and vans. Local route around north eastern Iowa.
Pros
Newer vehicles, ok management.
Great Benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2015
This company does have great benefits for employees. I do love the work I do. It was hard at first though as they don't have a great training program in place. I'm at a smaller terminal so I don't feel like there is much room for advancement unless I'm willing to locate, which is not an option for me.
Fast pace
Material Handler/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 12, 2015
From the start date till the end, the work never stopped. It is a local delivery company so each day the trucks run the same routes and take the same freight. The ware house has 3 shifts. The mangers will work with you to make you a better employee.
Great insurance. Horrible work/life balance
Office employee (Current Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 12, 2015
This growing company has the ability to be top notch. Although they promote the idea of developing employees and being a family, it is far from the case. Many employees routinely work 10+ hour days.Some in this company are on mandatory 11+ hr shifts, 5 days a week with no OT and expected to be on call over the weekend. Vacation and time off isn't respected and you are expected to answer calls/emails then too. No consideration for personal time or family at all. It could be a great company, but make sure you don't have a life. Also, many of the women at the corporate office are a nightmare to deal with. Unprofessional and plain rude. When you have to spend long hours at work and also have to deal with rude co-workers, it makes for an extremely poor work environment. Shame on this company for allowing this. It is not a secret, but it is ignored and swept under the rug. It is all about the almighty dollar for those making it.
Pros
insurance, 401K
Cons
very long days, mean corporate employees
Horrible
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 5, 2015
High turnover rate, some workers only speak Spanish, Management are racist and give bias to Hispanics, NON HISPANICS GET THE HARDEST WORK WHILE THEY TALK ALL DAY. Racist graffiti in bathroom degrading blacks.
Pros
non
Cons
roaches rats management
Good work enviroment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carter Lake, IANovember 1, 2015
Fun, fast paced, easy to get along with the workers! Good benefits, new equipment, laid back work environment, all around a good place to work!
Pros
You stay clocked in for ALL breaks
Cons
None really
very poorly managed company
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2015
The company treated their employees like they didnt matter at all
I was glad when i finally left to pursue other oppurtunities
Productive job loading trucks for deliverly of products
Forklift Operator, CDL-A truck Operator,Loader (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2015
Good working atmosphere, with some supporting management.
Teamwork was the best, even though you work separately.
Was able to fill trucks from front to back with product to be delivered, in a timely fashion.
You have a great chance to grow within the company
Pros
Nice work schedule
Cons
some late nights, not enough money for jobs
Its an inbetween job. Its not worth it to stay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreOctober 2, 2015
Cons: Hours arnt set, come in at different times everyday/week, never have the same route, you work 10-14 hours a day only get paid for 8 hours (140-180) a day depending on what type of license you have. After peak season you'll only get 2-3 days a week. Bosses do underhanded stuff.

Pro's. You'll have benefits
It's a good job to hold you over until you have something else

2.8