Forward Air Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the physical labor of the job and the management was fair.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for this comaony because I don't mind physical labor and that was the bulk of the job. There were often a lot of employee turnovers, which didn't look good. But I believe it was because the pay was low for the amount of work we were doing and often hours were cut. You could not ever depend on getting the scheduled amount of hours posted for you.
I did learn new skills at this job and wished that I would have been able to get a regularly scheduled work week. I could not afford to not ever know what hours I would actually get. Nevertheless, the management was great and I added to my skill sets!
Pros
Management and the love for physical labor
Cons
Scheduling
It's was a fun place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 15, 2017
everyone got along, joked around and worked hard at the same time. Got the job done. Went in at 9 a.m. Every morning got done when ever the job was done if it was 2 hours or 16 hours we stayed till it was done.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Didn't know when we was getting off
A true American sweatshop
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Do you enjoy being escorted to and from the bathroom? Do you enjoy working in horribly hot and then brutally cold conditions or endless hours? All for the princely sum of 150 hours? My advice to anyone consdiering working here is to band together with yourcoworkers, form a union, and seize the means of production!!!!
Cons
The entire job
work day
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2017
inconsistent long hours, poor management, get like 28 a week but with no consistent start time, like one day it will be 0600-2200 or 1300-2300 then ask you to work outbound
job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 2, 2017
It was an ok job. The company had good benefits for it's employees, but not their families. Insurance was offered for individuals and families but insurance not available to spouse if their company has insurance.
There were nights I was the only person in the warehouse. I had genuine concerns for safety.
Poor Operations and Overworked
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJuly 29, 2017
This Company will only treat you as a workslave. Only one break and they will overwork you. The supervisor is a real piece of work and they do not communicate nor do they have a good teamwork. They will throw you under the bus and give little help. I would rather shoot myself in the foot then work here. Do not work here unless you are desperate and I MEAN DESPERATE!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Overworked and Under Payed 1 Break thru a 9-12 hour work day Management
Great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Always had a job for me and my wife. We were always willing to work hard and they appreciated that we worked to the best of our ability and beyond.
bad
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHJuly 24, 2017
rude people/supervisors, horrible hours constantly getting cut/ no benefits, broken equipment. everyday started with no one knowing what they were doing. you would show up some days and be sent home because they didnt have any work.
Cons
no benifits/ cut hours/ bad equipment
Fork Lift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2017
Forklift driver , loaded and unloaded trucks . Had to organized and move packages to locations required to location delivery to ship to many locations.
Pros
ok hours
Cons
was night shift
Terrible place to for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
The pay is low , once the work is finish they send you home even if it's 3 hours . Management sucks only care about their own pockets it's waste of time . MCDonalds is probably better .
Pros
Cons
Wages and not enough hours, high turnover
Not good enough
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
I was promised 40 a week over time by my 2nd week all of that was just plain lies you supposed to collect boxes and put them in trucks but all of the boxes are scattered around the whole building
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Everything sucks
Dangerous
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 12, 2017
fast paced work environment but little to know communication between crews and upper level management. mandatory saturday overtime is frequent, usually between 2 and three times per month. Dangerous
Good company to work for
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Liked working for forward air good company to work for. Good equipment and the people are helpful. They have good working relationship with their customers. and ample trailers to service the customers.
Pros
Good equipment and in good working order wide range of customers to deal with
Cons
long hours and fast paced
Terrible
Part Time Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 22, 2017
Forward Air is a company that does not care for their employees, but only for the upper management. The management will force you to work long hours and not have more than one day off.
Pros
n/a
Face pace, warehouse enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 21, 2017
My job duties were to arrive an hour early before my crew did to set up all equipment necessary to complete the task of that day. I had to motivate my crew to make sure that we met every quota that was given to us which was prone to change on a day to day basis. While also keeping my crew happy and dealing with the personal problems of my employees to ensure every worker is working at their fullest potential. I learned how to communicate with my employees and make a personal relationship with each of them. This allowed me to have a happier crew which led to a more productive one.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cannot leave until quota is met
Dock Worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 18, 2017
A typical day at Forward Air starts with a safety meeting and stretching. The daily responsibilities include unloading and scanning each piece of freight for destination and damage. Each piece would be staged until the end of the shift when all outbound trucks were loaded.
No advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJune 15, 2017
The day to day environment was normal for the most part, always busy loading and unloading trucks and taking care of customers. But management didn't seem to care for their associates only to look out for themselves as a corporation and not the people who made it what it is.
forward air sultion
Driver/operator (Former Employee) –  Driver, MD non cdlJune 14, 2017
warehouse workers playful and young driver's had the hardest jobs we got insualted from customer due to late delivery not of driver's fualt and management do not take up for there drivers even though we miss out on our family things to surport that job and they lie tell u they will help u move up to cdl's and lic for fork lift but they leave u hunging with the goals u want dealing with the job
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
pay never right
fun work place fast pace
main scanner (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonvlle, OHJune 4, 2017
i enjoyed this job I don't live in jeffersonville now so no longer working there but I miss it and I would go back. everyone was nice and you get to move quick which makes day go faster
Pros
good people
Cons
no cons
Not a place to work for long term
Terminal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 1, 2017
They will pigeon pass you and won't promote within. I do believe the management in corporate and office rather promote from outside and instead of in.