Forward Service Corporation

Forward Service Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Exellent human service agency
Workshop Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 23, 2015
I gained invaluable experience through the Work Experience Interning Program at Forward Service Corporation. I acquired many new skills and sharpened already existing ones through personal interactions with those in need and performing everyday office duties. There were many opportunities to take the lead on things, such as facilitating a Resume Lab/ Workshop for W-2 participants, and I found that to be the most challenging and worthwhile experience while working there. It was not only a chance to hone in on my human service skills, but also a chance to really attempt to educate others and make evn the smallest change 0 difference within their lives, which is the most fulfilling part of the field.
Pros
Positive Staff

Comment – December 7, 2015

Thank you for your review and we’re so glad you enjoyed your internship with us. We wish you the best in your career.

One word- Disappointing - by Former Case Manager
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, wiOctober 2, 2015
When stating a job like this people have every intention of making a positive difference, and quickly realize that is not the jobs primary objective. Instead, unrealistic workloads, ridicule from direct supervisors, and lack of training, make you feel inadequate. You're pushed and hurried through training, which is an inadequate training to begin with. Turnover is atrocious, I've seen 7 people go in one way or another JUST FROM MY TEAM (of about a dozen people)in less than nine months. My direct supervisor, who walked out this week, was so hard to read. One day she's a lamb, the next she's on a tirade, most people call that insecurity and fakeness, I would. Little real support was given by middle management, they offer help, but it's merely to document that they "tried". They have very negative opinions about people in their "team", and voice them freely. Other co-workers are told to keep the personal thoughts they overhear and 1/1 talks that are essentially threats to themselves, as its "bad for morale ". I've worked for nonprofits for the past six years, I was proud to continue that, and quickly found out that isn't the determining factor in working for a great company. I had no issues with upper management, the CEO, CFO, and Director of Operations were always pleasant, but unfortunately those are not the individuals you work side by side with
Pros
Compensation/Benefits, Co-worker support
Cons
Middle Management, Unrealistic Expectations, Lack of training, Littke appreciation or respect

Comment – October 14, 2015

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We want to make your and every employee’s FSC experience great and you’ve provided us with some valuable information here. Turnover and training are two key issues that we’ve been tackling. The intensified new worker training for Wisconsin Works includes the state mandated training and a series of workshops and training from FSC staff on purposeful interviewing, developing Employability Plans, and other tools for our staff to help customers. We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your experience. We have developed our Leadership Academy and supervisory training so we can deliver quality supervision across the organization. Our goal is to develop great leaders at every level of Forward Service Corporation.

Great People and a desire to bring good people into the organization
Employment Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 28, 2015
I am a recent former employee at Forward Service Corp in Janesville. Although there are high expectations in this organization, it is a great place to work. My coworkers were helpful, fun, and enthusiastic. Difficult situations were easy to address, and the communication was strong between all. This environment was heavily supported by the leads here whose doors were always open. Although, they often had to be at several sites, communication was always available.

This is a company that has grown swiftly, however, I believe is adjusting adequately. The corporate office has a genuine desire to bring in good people, and not only promotes from within, but has a great referral system in place to bring in talent.

Overall, a great experience and if I move back to area, would definitely consider going back.
Pros
Coworkers, environment

Comment – October 1, 2015

Thank you for your review and for your work at Forward Service Corporation. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the job and helping our customers reach new heights. We wish you all the best in your future professional life.

Former FSC employee NOW State Employee
Case Manager / FEP (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 23, 2015
Forward Service is hands down the worst company I've ever been an employee of...I currently review state law and review agency's to see that they are in compliance. FSC does not reflect the values or morales I have and I'm glad to no longer be employed by them. I would tell people who work there to leave and anyone considering a job there to look elsewhere. Training is extremely poor and you do not get the support you need for the heavy caseload you will be given. Although management provides lip service to you as if they care they do not. The managers will keep track of what you ask, how you ask and when they are ready to fire you they will bring it all up toward your poor performance. Managers only know what you tell them, so best advice share no negativity to your team lead or your program coordinator regarding your training, your job or frustration because when you do you are fired. All employees I've encountered who have quit or are fired are really good people and wanted to work at forward service, but because they discussed their concerns were labeled as not liking forward service, but reality is managers are worthless. They micro manage you and you will not get or take breaks and you will work after hours with no pay because you can't meet expectations and you want your job.
Pros
learning what i didnt want to be( no interest in being mistreated)
Cons
managers, workload with no support, not helping families in the manner the program was estsblished to do

Comment – August 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your employment at Forward Service Corporation, but it doesn’t sound like it was a good fit. We have been improving our training offerings for our staff to help them understand W-2 policies and procedures, as well as the skills needed to work with customers. Knowing how intense our work can be, Forward Service Corporation encourages its employees to take their breaks and would never ask a non-exempt employee to work after hours without pay. That is patently unfair to a staff member and illegal. Forward Service Corporation abides by all state and federal laws. We have more than 300 employees and value the support, professionalism, and help they provide our thousands of customers.

You will dread going to work due to the workload & pressure put on you daily.
Case Manager/FEP (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIAugust 23, 2015
My excitement quickly turned to dread by my second day on the job. The team lead at the time didn't show up for my second day or any day there after, so my training was doomed from the start. The New Worker Training is all computer based, but it didn't do me any good because it was down for 3 weeks & continued to have technical glitches after they got it up & running. Then it was just a rush to get it done on time to meet their deadline so they could give me my caseload. FSC is all about deadlines, & their training is TERRIBLE. After all the problems with their training system, & then having to rush through the rest of it, I was no where close to being ready for a caseload but what choice did I have? I didn't have a choice, & then they wonder why there is such a COMPLETE and TOTAL DISCONNECT between Case Managers & the lack of confidence to believe in themselves to do their jobs well. Maybe if we had proper training from day one, NOT day thirty, that would make a world of difference. Maybe if we had management who was approachable, & didn't make the office environment so uncomfortable & unbearable at times, that would change "team" morale. I'm not the only case manager who feels this way, I'm just the only one who has nothing to lose by voicing these concerns because I no longer work for the company. The demands put on case managers are absolutely ridiculous, they train you on nothing but expect you to be super humans & do everything & then some. However, I have to say that considering I interviewed for a Job Developer position & ended up in the Case Manager position against  more... my better judgement, but in the better judgement of those who interviewed me, I did the best I could with the tools that were provided. Respect is EARNED not GIVEN, & I can't respect management who talks poorly of their own team members, disrespects them, or degrades them in emails to other members of management within the same team. There's no doubt in my mind that management at ALL levels needs some revamping. I've never worked for a company where I have been made to feel so stupid & inadequate, like what I was doing wasn't enough. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone, so my advice to anyone thinking about working here...DON'T. You can do so much better, & for current employees, document everything & get out while you can. The stress & frustration is NOT worth getting SICK over!!! If it wasn't for my coworkers, I never would have survived as long as I did.  less
Pros
My coworkers whether they be with W2 or FSET
Cons
Daily pressures, no breaks, stress from customers, no personal work life balance, management gives no respect to "team" members

Comment – August 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Staff training has been a critical issue and we have taken steps to address it for incoming team members and management. We have been training supervisors through our Leadership Academy and have recently retooled W-2 new worker training so we don’t repeat your experience. We have also introduced a mentorship program to pair new staff up with more experienced peers to help them navigate the complicated policy issues with W-2. We wish you success in your future.

Supportive co workers
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 20, 2015
I learned I could not count on management however I would have to count on my peers for knowledge or questions I may have had.
Pros
awesome co workers

Comment – August 25, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We do understand the concern about training and have been steadily increasing the instruction for all of our staff. We have a job developer certification course that includes both program-specific information and general principles for approaching employers with solutions. Admittedly, we grew very quickly and may not have kept pace, but we have implemented many development opportunities for staff across the organization. Best wishes for your future.

No place for a career
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2015
Forward Service in Dane County is a disturbing place to be an employee.

A typical day is like a tornado. You have your job, the reports that need to be filed (COB) and then you have the managers who are cold, disrespectful and incorrigible. Their sole role is to increase numbers on dashboards, 0 data on weekly reports, and the number of jobs or placements on CSJ positions.

The training is/ was- very poor. When I first started, 1 year and 3 months ago , I did not have training. I was given a computer, a user number and a site to go to do all my training on line. You are expected to complete within 6 weeks. Very archaic system that is still using DOS. I had no support, was given a phone and told to look on public folders to find out about the business.

During the first 6 months 8 employees were either let go or left on their own for a " flight for life". A supervisor was fired and walked out the door with a box , which appears to be the theme song there. They make you leave right away if they find out that you are leaving or if they decide to walk you out with a box ( if you are lucky).

When I asked for help , there was no one to go to except for the county partners. If it would not have been for them , I would not have made it through that system.

My co workers were good people who were trying to survive a bad situation. Most people there are just there until they find their next job for themselves.

The expectations are great of the case manager, however not so much for lead staff. The management does not follow through with the same expectations
  more... for themselves. They constantly loose important request for participant , make inaccurate statements regarding reports, they are not accountable and reframe mistakes to be the case managers.

If you are a self starter and can work without training: this is the place for you. If you are looking for praise, don't bother there is none. Unless it is for the managers.

Observation: poor management, shallow leads, and insidious leaders looking to fill their own pockets.

The hardest part of my job was going every day, but I needed the money.

Working with people who really need help but have no idea how to request it. I enjoyed helping the customers.

Benefits: Insurance is very poor! Still paying bills from when I worked there.

You can not have your vacation days if you quit , leave or are fired.
No support of CEO, higher up management or leads.

Forward Service in Madison- promotes special rules for regular employees and no rules for others, and then, of course there are no rules for superiors!

If you can work under a authoritative structure, like spread sheets, macro merge, dashboards and share point you will do well.

However if you truly want to help people go to a homeless shelter or other public service agency.
Pros
You can do some good work given the time you are there, depending how long you stay.
Cons
If you want respect and/or want to excel in your career: this is not the place for that.

Comment – August 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Forward Service Corporation and we’re sorry this wasn’t the right fit for you and glad you enjoyed working with our customers. We understand that the numbers portion of W-2 isn’t always the most exciting part of the program. However, it is a very important element. We have to make sure that we serve customers by getting them jobs and reporting that to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. DCF rightly expects us to perform when they selected us to provide W-2 services. We also take your comments about training to heart because we want to put all of our staff in a place to succeed. This is why we revamped our whole onboarding process for W-2. New W-2 staff now have complimentary training to accompany the mandated state training. So far we’ve been hearing great things from the staff about how it is equipping them with knowledge about policy, computer procedures, and the soft skills required for working with customers; they also appreciate the supportive element of this training as they move along together. We had some bumps in the road with our rapid expansion, however we have also taken many key steps to provide staff with the tools they need to provide our customers with outstanding service.

You will be fired for poor performance if you voice any concerns- not a good company to work for
Case Manager/FEP (Former Employee) –  Madison, Waupaca, ShawanoAugust 5, 2015
Reviews on indeed are accurate of how the case managers/feps are treated. The majority of complaints are from the case manager/feps who were fired or left on their own do to the mistreatment they received from their team leads and program coordinators. Majority of employees needed are case managers/feps. I see that the director of ops posted their delight of FSC so that means they also read the previous post. I hope that individual takes it serious that many former/current employees have been verbally assaulted by these people and upper management has allowed this to happen. You may not condone this but it's happening just like work that is taken home by employees so they do not lose their jobs because they have no time during the work week to complete their work even after not taking lunch or breaks. Individuals hired are good employees and they work harder than they ever had to before trying to prove themselves, but once your team lead and pc have it out for you, your fired for poor performance. You shouldn't trust your co-workers even when you are friendly outside of work because team leads and program coordinators have their favorite employees turn you in for everything basically they are personal spies. You literally walk on eggs shells and you will at some point need medicated to work there because of the stress your put under. You keep hearing how management wants to work with you, if that was true there wouldn't be so many negative reviews. It's like being in high school working there. My suggestion to anyone working there now is to document everything and if your thinking  more... about working there ask them about there culture and employee turn over rate or how many times your job has been posted in the last year an why people are being fired or leave.  less
Pros
learning how unethical FSC is
Cons
everything

Comment – August 11, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have many satisfied employees who make a difference in our customers’ live every day. We understand that you did not enjoy working at Forward Service Corporation, we are sad to hear that, and wish you the best in finding a career you love.

Exciting opportunities and outstanding mission at FSC
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 4, 2015
I have worked at FSC for almost 10 years now and have enjoyed it immensely. You definitely won't be bored - there are new challenges to tackle every day, which is what I thrive on. I love the variety of work and appreciate the opportunities for professional growth. I think the culture is supportive and rewards innovation.
I also know that my work is making a real difference. Every night I go home convinced that my efforts have helped our customers get jobs so they can take care of their families. One of the greatest feelings in the world are those four little words from a customer: "I got the job!"
Every job has some stress and this is no different. This is a high-performance company and we have definite goals that we have to meet. Again, no different from any other company I've worked at in the past. I think that we pull together in a common cause of helping our customers and that makes even the stressful time manageable.
Pros
Dynamic company; new challenges; great mission
Cons
Can be stressful

Comment – August 25, 2015

Thanks for your review – especially from a FSC veteran. You’re absolutely right about the feeling when a customer gets a job; it’s a real life changer. Best wishes for your future at FSC, we’re so happy to have you on our team!

Worst place to work-do not work here
FEP/Cseworker-Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawano/WaupacaAugust 3, 2015
Job Work /Life Balance------There isn't any, no flexibility. There is no life, all you will do is work and probably even bring your work home to do on your days off due to no time in office to complete.
Compensation/Benefits------Pay sounds good, but once you see how much stress, lack of support and work you do on work time and off time your not making to much money. BENEFITS are average.
Job Security/Advancement---There is opportunity here. You need to keep your mouth shut about anything negative or you will lose your job. They say tell us how you feel or your concerns, but if you do your fired. You want to get promoted do not complain and pretend you love it and when you are mistreated by your boss just take it and do not stand up for yourself. This is no joke you complain you are out. Basically be an uncaring cut throat and you will be promoted.
Management-------POOR, they will cover their behinds at all cost. always good at saying the right things, but not fixing anything. The problems have been going on for years as you can see by the reviews.
Job Culture------Make FSC money even though you really are not helping the customers. They provide a quick fix, such as a minimum wage job supporting a family of 3 so FSC get paid for your working.
-----All management needs to be changed. I personally like the CEO, but she isn't management material when these issues have been brought to her attention and HR attentions and NOTHING changes. It starts at the top and trickles down. they all cover for eachother.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
lack of support, mistreatment, poor communication, no respect, poor managers

Comment – August 11, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Forward Service Corporation. We certainly do not want and would not allow our staff to work at home and go unpaid. We are a non-profit organization, so our job is definitely not about making money. We enjoy 36 years of experience in providing services to lower income Wisconsin residents and stand on our record of achievement. The customer is at the center of everything we do and we helped almost 5,000 people get jobs last year, with many more coming in 2015. It sounds like this was not a good fit for you and we wish you the best in your future.

Treats employees terrible and clients like numbers
W2 Case Manager (Current Employee) –  MadisonJuly 29, 2015
Forward Service is a very poor place to work. The turn over rate is astounding. They have found a way to make the "numbers look good" on "reports" by having case managers manipulate data and clients so they can keep their contract with the state, however, the picture they have painted is a false one. In addition, the pressure that is put on the employees is unbelievable. And the case managers are given no support whatsoever by neither the team lead or the program coordinator. They operate their program (at least the W2 program and it's leadership) like a prison camp, and this is no exaggeration whatsoever. There is no flexibility, no ability to work outside your 40 hour work week (even unpaid!) in order to keep up with the very high work load and demands that are placed on you. You are unable to flex any time off from work, you will NEVER get breaks, will barely get a lunch, will be micromanaged beyond what you can imagine, will be written up if you bring up any issues that you know are wrong, unlawful, or even just unfair. There is a reason that in the past year the W2 program has lost 10 case managers in Dane County alone, and just prior to that the entire W2 case manager team quit. The leadership likes to now say that the program is not the same as it was a year ago. However, it is exactly the same, only they have forced the case managers to take on extreme pressure and unethical work practices in order to make leadership look good. Case managers for W2 cry weekly if not daily from the pressure, work load, NO SUPPORT whatsoever, and cruel and inhumane supervisory  more... treatment they are put under. Most everyone is looking for a new job and for good reason. The program itself is a good one, and the case managers in general are very good and hard working people who care deeply for their clients. Leadership on the other hand cares nothing for their employees or clients and care about the bottom line - claims, looking good on reports, and money. They seriously need to lose their contract because despite the numerous complaints to the regional director and human resources, nothing is being done in Dane county to correct the problem.  less
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
terrible leadership, toxic environment, no flexibility

Comment – August 4, 2015

Thank you for your review, but we must take issue with certain information presented here. Forward Service Corporation and the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families both have systems in place to ensure that data and customers are not manipulated in any way. Our Quality Assurance department regularly monitors our data, including random case checks, and any attempt to falsify information would soon be discovered. Forward Service Corporation values its employees, we work hard to retain them, and are dedicated to abiding by all laws and regulations pertaining to our workforce. In reference to our Dane County W-2 staff, we have been seeing some great things happening there. The recent July Jamboree had more than 500 customers and 30 employers. Staff, customers, and employers all enjoyed the event and the energy there was simply contagious. They are working on other employer networking events that connect our customers with quality jobs in the area and we look forward to other innovative approaches that set the standard.

Comment – August 10, 2015

Fun work environment!
Tanf Casemanager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 19, 2015
Very fun workplace, with room to be creative. The ability to create my own lesson plans. Co-workers were great, supervisor was great, absolutely loved the job, but moved to Orlando, FL
Pros
Great team building activities.
Cons
Health care plan was not so good

Comment – May 26, 2015

We are so glad that you enjoyed working with our W-2 team in Madison/Dane Co. Thank you for your comments.

Extremely Toxic Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dane County, WIMay 1, 2015
Forward Service is an absolutely horrible company to work for. It is so painfully obvious by these posts that there is only one or two employees who think this is a good place to work and that is only because they are the massive dictators and manipulators of this company. I'll make this short and sweet though. Here are the reasons you should never work at Forward Services.

-You management will not represent the views of the program or the CEOs in ANY shape or form
-You will be constantly lied to
-You will be trained in nothing and expected to do everything
-Your manager will instruct you to do one thing and when that turns out to be wrong, act like they never told you anything
-Your management will treat you like you're inadequate
-Upper Management/Home Office will never take action on the horrible middle management
-You will watch your coworkers be harassed by management and cry daily
-There is not enough security available

At best I would say this is a great job to take for 4-6 to get the paid training until you find another job.
Pros
Get paid while looking for another job
Cons
You will cry from stress

Comment – May 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and bring some issues to our attention. We are sorry that Forward Service Corporation did not match your expectations as an employer. We do realize that workload has been intense in Dane County and we have been hiring additional staff for some months now to help relieve the pressure on everyone. It’s still a work in progress with the extensive training period for the Wisconsin Works program, but we expect this to have a demonstrable impact soon. We have hired more than 80 people in the last 4 months and in addition to the state's New Worker Training, we have also been putting them through our Human Resources and Leadership Academy sessions.

very difficult place to work with poor management
W2 (Current Employee) –  Dane countyApril 24, 2015
An incredibly high workload that is impossible to complete on a daily basis. Poor quality work environment with no support from supervisors.a lot of talk about support to the employees that never actually happens. Case managers that cry on a weekly basis. micromanagement by one of the team leads that is causing case managers to drop like flies.no amount of pay could make up for the poor environment, negativity, micromanagement and extreme workload. also, no flexibility in your work schedule whatsoever Very poor training for W2case managers as well. if you are considering a position in Dane County, cross off anything having to do with the w2 program.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
workload is too high, poor team leadership, negative work environment, no support

Comment – May 26, 2015

Thank you for posting this review and pointing out some ways that we can improve the Forward Service Corporation experience for you. We know that the workload in Dane County has been heavier than anyone wanted and we’ve been hiring a number of additional staff to lighten the load for everyone. We have also developed a new training plan for all new staff in Wisconsin Works that includes both program policies and the many other skills that go into good customer service, as well as a greater mentorship role for experienced staff to help new members of the team. We definitely want you to feel supported and realize that this is an anonymous forum, but would welcome the chance to talk to you if want to contact our Human Resources department.

W2 great forward service not so much
fep (Former Employee) –  waupaca wiJanuary 28, 2015
W2 is a GREAT program. However based on the agencies that have contracts FORWARD SERVICE IS NOT A COMPANY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR. Top managers need to take a look at who they hire because the lack of support from them and the mistreatment you are given are the reasons workers are fired or leave. In the last 15 months we have had 3 full time FEPS and none are there any longer. W2 is to help individuals in the community reach their employment goals. How can CUSTOMERS IN THE COMMUNITY BE ON W2 for years and still not be working? How is it that the FEP job has been posted 3 or more times in 15 months and no one from W2 has been trained to fill that position? Forward Service is contracted to help customers reach their employments goals, yet not one customer can be a FEP? Not all regions are bad or ran poorly, but there is a significant amount of issues across the board. Training is REALLY poor and your given to many cases to be on your own with little to no training. Typical day at work is being stressed and worried about messing up because of the lack of training. I learned that the STATE OF WISCONSIN established this program with the right ideas to help people, but the agencies who have these contracts need more monitoring and FSC needs to hold the RIGHT people accountable. Co-workers who you train with are nice and wanting to make a difference in the lives of others. Hardest part was lack of support and keeping my mouth shut when my managers acted as if they were wonderful and did so much for me. I was drowning in a mess left from the previous worker and it looked as if that person  more... was left in the same way. Most enjoyable day was the day I was called and offered the position. I thought this was going to be my career, but unfortunately my thoughts of helping others quickly changed after seeing what was given for training and what the expectations on me were.  less
Pros
great program if managed properly
Cons
unfair treatment, lack of support
current customer
customer (Former Employee) –  waupaca wiSeptember 28, 2014
Ive had 8 workers and only 1 cared for me. Ive been in w2 for almost 3 years. The last worker was the best she treated me like a person not a number. I knew they'd let her go instead of getting her help. She did more than anyone but not enough I guess.get rid of good and keep bad. One out of eight and she loved her job and wanted me to reach my goals and no one else cares just get in get out.
Pros
she made me feel important
Cons
no one cares like her
A nice place to work friendly people.
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 28, 2014
A typical day in my past position as a resource specialist. I interviewed Clients for Emergency assistance. I processed Applications, Made phone calls.
I learned alot about navigating through several computer screens at the same time efficently.
My Co-workers were awesome. They had so much compassion for people in the general public. They communicated well with each other and were very considerate with confidential information.
Hardest part about my job is learning about so many people that are having financial problems and needing assistance and not being able to give them immediate help that they needed. Because we have so many applications. and we were not Immediate Help.
Most enjoyable part about my past job is working with so many people in need and giving them help and resources in the community that they can use. Very rewarding Job.
Pros
nice work enviroment
Cons
short breaks, fast paced
Could train better
case manager (Former Employee) –  madison wiAugust 18, 2014
I was terminated after 3 months. Was thrown on a job with no training and pretty much treated like I was nothing because I didn't catch on right away..I think their goal was to make me.feel.humiliated and wort
hless. I even applied for another position and was let go before I was able to be considered..I have heard horrible.things about the company after the fact. I was treated like nobody. My supervisor talked to me like I was stupid. But wondered why I never wanted to ask her anything. But she was hired days before me yet acted like.she knew it all.I guess letting me.go.was her way of compensating for just hiring me to get the position filled... Im.moving on . I can do better. It was a blessing in disguise to be let go.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no training
Poor place to work/Cry Daily
FEP (Current Employee) –  WIAugust 8, 2014
You can have 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch. You will be lucky to have any of this. You will be so overwhelmed with the lack of training, lack of equipment and pressure to meet/exceed your goals you WILL live,breathe and sleep W2,Forward Service Corp. When you voice your concerns they are overlooked by inexperienced and uncaring managers who will tell you to meet your deadlines and get things done. While you struggle, get frustrated with yourself and cry almost daily you keep trying to meet your goals. You continue to ask for help and support and it is there and then it isn't there. You will get help, then later it will be used against you so you become afraid to ask for anymore help.Your told we are here to help, tell us what you need, you tell your team lead or program coordinator and it is explained you have gone through training and you should know the answer or find it yourself.When your case loads are large and you work in an office with only one worker or your in 2 offices like me, you do not get the help you need.Things change daily and this is case management,but when your boss says today do this and tomorrow you do this for the same case it's EXTREMELY hard to keep up with this. Your boss gives you the wrong information or they made the mistake, but can't admit they did. You keep going and giving it your all and then you see and hear co-workers, even bosses say negative things about the employees they work with or have working for them. Doors are open and comments are said that should not be said. Upper management listens to the team leads and program coordinators  more... so once you are on their list of you not meeting deadlines and goals no matter how much you have tried to get help in reaching them you look like you don't care to your bosses bosses.You can't win, you are wrong and you will change if you want your job. If you work in the right region you will have great co-workers, that is the only positive,people with awesome hearts who really enjoy the program. Hardest part of job is your managers because it's impossible to learn all you need to do with the lack of training your given and when you ask for help you need to figure it out along with the high caseload,phone calls, paperwork, computer work,training,meeting and other agency meetings.Typical day at work is your too busy to eat and you will cry or have a melt down because of frustration you get for lack of support. Co-workers some are good some are not good. you get that anywhere, but the good ones are good and they have amazing hearts. You will learn the W2 Manual and procedures for the W2 program. You will learn daily, mainly by all the mistakes you make and the emails or phone calls you will get regarding your mistakes and you should know how to do this because of your new worker training. You will learn how to work with parent or parents to reach there goals by maneuvering through many screens in a computer program. The most enjoyable part of the job is if you have a heart and care the joy you bring to a family when they have reached their goals. It is a great program, but unfortunately the people who manage you hurt you by blaming you and not helping you like they claim to do.Good money and weekends off. it's unfortunate there is such a high turnover in employees, you would think at some point it would be questioned what are we as an agency failing to do. If the agency can't keep employees, how are workers suppose to help customers/families find and keep work, we do not even do this as an agency?  less
Pros
great program
Cons
lack of training, lack of support, high caseloads

Comment – April 9, 2015

Sounds like there are too many issues with this place. They need to lose there contracts and end all these issues there. That place is a joke an if you work there and think your lucky joke is on you. Get out.

Comment – May 29, 2015

With all the negative comments management and team leads should be monitored on how many of their employees leave or are fired. W2 monitors customers on their job retention and FSC gets paid for their success so maybe the bad supervisors and team leads can be fired for their bad managing. If a supervisor can't keep and employee by their training and the team leads training it isn't the persons fault every time it's the trainers/managers of those people .FSC needs to lose their contracts and these positions need to go to a company where people are held accountable for their actions not given free range to mistreat employees and customers.

Comment – June 6, 2015

I hope the state is investigating all the issues posted on here and another agency takes over or all management needs to be replaced at Forward Service. All Forward does is talk about what they are doing but same managers are there and they are the problems.

Comment – August 3, 2015

I worked there 3 months recently and this place is a joke. I wish I had read reviews prior to working there. They are working on making money for themselves not helping customers. It is ridiculous how managers treat their employees then cover up for each other. Even when you think you have a good working relationship with staff, watch your back because they will protect themselves so they can keep their job. Is was quite sad to see so many co-workers who believe they are doing good and in reality they were worthless. Another agency needs to have the contract and then if there are good employees and yes there are they should be hired. My hope is that FSC loses contracts and the good employees are offered position other places and all the bad employees may face how bad they are and except it. FSC does NOT hold the right people accountable. It starts with the team lead, then the pc, director, hr and ceo TALK about the changes coming forward yet the problems are still there. In all my training I saw Shawano County as the worst and Rapids as the best.

No appreciation & no support
Program Staff (Former Employee) –  WIJuly 21, 2014
I would highly NOT recommend this company. The retention rate is ridiculous (under 70%) but they can’t figure out what is going wrong! Well let me tell you. Lack of properly trained supervisors. They promote from within, and it doesn’t matter someone’s experience. I was an outsider with extensive experience in the job that I was doing, however they gave the team lead position to someone who is young and had no experience in it and had only been with the company six months. They provided her with no training to be a supervisor. There are too many layers of management and there is a huge disconnect between program staff and management. Management will come to the building that I work at, and not come around and talk to the staff that is working there. There is no appreciation from the middle management for the individuals working on the front lines. The benefit package is awful, not family friendly. You get 6 holidays and your PTO (vacation/sick time) is all in 1 account. So if you have kids and they are sick, you will never build up time to take a true vacation. The CEO/COO seem like they care, but they are too far disconnected from the program staff. You can talk and give a big show, but actions speak louder than words! I am so glad to no longer be affiliated with this company!
Cons
lack of support from supervisor/management

2.5