Forward Service Corporation

Forward Service Corporation Employee Reviews

Extremely Toxic Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Dane County, WIMay 1, 2015
Pros: Get paid while looking for another job
Cons: You will cry from stress
Forward Service is an absolutely horrible company to work for. It is so painfully obvious by these posts that there is only one or two employees who think this is a good place to work and that is only because they are the massive dictators and manipulators of this company. I'll make this short and sweet though. Here are the reasons you should never work at Forward Services.

-You management will not represent the views of the program or the CEOs in ANY shape or form
-You will be constantly lied to
-You will be trained in nothing and expected to do everything
-Your manager will instruct you to do one thing and when that turns out to be wrong, act like they never told you anything
-Your management will treat you like you're inadequate
-Upper Management/Home Office will never take action on the horrible middle management
-You will watch your coworkers be harassed by management and cry daily
-There is not enough security available

At best I would say this is a great job to take for 4-6 to get the paid training until you find another job.

May 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and bring some issues to our attention. We are sorry that Forward Service Corporation did not match your expectations as an employer. We do realize that workload has been intense in Dane County and we have been hiring additional staff for some months now to help relieve the pressure on everyone. It’s still a work in progress with the extensive training period for the Wisconsin Works program, but we expect this to have a demonstrable impact soon. We have hired more than 80 people in the last 4 months and in addition to the state's New Worker Training, we have also been putting them through our Human Resources and Leadership Academy sessions.

very difficult place to work with poor management
W2 (Current Employee), Dane countyApril 24, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: workload is too high, poor team leadership, negative work environment, no support
An incredibly high workload that is impossible to complete on a daily basis. Poor quality work environment with no support from supervisors.a lot of talk about support to the employees that never actually happens. Case managers that cry on a weekly basis. micromanagement by one of the team leads that is causing case managers to drop like flies.no amount of pay could make up for the poor environment, negativity, micromanagement and extreme workload. also, no flexibility in your work schedule whatsoever Very poor training for W2case managers as well. if you are considering a position in Dane County, cross off anything having to do with the w2 program.

May 26, 2015

Thank you for posting this review and pointing out some ways that we can improve the Forward Service Corporation experience for you. We know that the workload in Dane County has been heavier than anyone wanted and we’ve been hiring a number of additional staff to lighten the load for everyone. We have also developed a new training plan for all new staff in Wisconsin Works that includes both program policies and the many other skills that go into good customer service, as well as a greater mentorship role for experienced staff to help new members of the team. We definitely want you to feel supported and realize that this is an anonymous forum, but would welcome the chance to talk to you if want to contact our Human Resources department.

W2 great forward service not so much
fep (Former Employee), waupaca wiJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great program if managed properly
Cons: unfair treatment, lack of support
W2 is a GREAT program. However based on the agencies that have contracts FORWARD SERVICE IS NOT A COMPANY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR. Top managers need to take a look at who they hire because the lack of support from them and the mistreatment you are given are the reasons workers are fired or leave. In the last 15 months we have had 3 full time FEPS and none are there any longer. W2 is to help individuals in the community reach their employment goals. How can CUSTOMERS IN THE COMMUNITY BE ON W2 for years and still not be working? How is it that the FEP job has been posted 3 or more times in 15 months and no one from W2 has been trained to fill that position? Forward Service is contracted to help customers reach their employments goals, yet not one customer can be a FEP? Not all regions are bad or ran poorly, but there is a significant amount of issues across the board. Training is REALLY poor and your given to many cases to be on your own with little to no training. Typical day at work is being stressed and worried about messing up because of the lack of training. I learned that the STATE OF WISCONSIN established this program with the right ideas to help people, but the agencies who have these contracts need more monitoring and FSC needs to hold the RIGHT people accountable. Co-workers who you train with are nice and wanting to make a difference in the lives of others. Hardest part was lack of support and keeping my mouth shut when my managers acted as if they were wonderful and did so much for me. I was drowning in a mess left from the previous worker and it looked as if that person was left in the same way. Most enjoyable day was the day I was called and offered the position. I thought this was going to be my career, but unfortunately my thoughts of helping others quickly changed after seeing what was given for training and what the expectations on me were.
current customer
customer (Former Employee), waupaca wiSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: she made me feel important
Cons: no one cares like her
Ive had 8 workers and only 1 cared for me. Ive been in w2 for almost 3 years. The last worker was the best she treated me like a person not a number. I knew they'd let her go instead of getting her help. She did more than anyone but not enough I guess.get rid of good and keep bad. One out of eight and she loved her job and wanted me to reach my goals and no one else cares just get in get out.
A nice place to work friendly people.
Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: nice work enviroment
Cons: short breaks, fast paced
A typical day in my past position as a resource specialist. I interviewed Clients for Emergency assistance. I processed Applications, Made phone calls.
I learned alot about navigating through several computer screens at the same time efficently.
My Co-workers were awesome. They had so much compassion for people in the general public. They communicated well with each other and were very considerate with confidential information.
Hardest part about my job is learning about so many people that are having financial problems and needing assistance and not being able to give them immediate help that they needed. Because we have so many applications. and we were not Immediate Help.
Most enjoyable part about my past job is working with so many people in need and giving them help and resources in the community that they can use. Very rewarding Job.
Could train better
case manager (Former Employee), madison wiAugust 18, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no training
I was terminated after 3 months. Was thrown on a job with no training and pretty much treated like I was nothing because I didn't catch on right away..I think their goal was to make me.feel.humiliated and wort
hless. I even applied for another position and was let go before I was able to be considered..I have heard horrible.things about the company after the fact. I was treated like nobody. My supervisor talked to me like I was stupid. But wondered why I never wanted to ask her anything. But she was hired days before me yet acted like.she knew it all.I guess letting me.go.was her way of compensating for just hiring me to get the position filled... Im.moving on . I can do better. It was a blessing in disguise to be let go.
Poor place to work/Cry Daily
FEP (Current Employee), WIAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great program
Cons: lack of training, lack of support, high caseloads
You can have 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch. You will be lucky to have any of this. You will be so overwhelmed with the lack of training, lack of equipment and pressure to meet/exceed your goals you WILL live,breathe and sleep W2,Forward Service Corp. When you voice your concerns they are overlooked by inexperienced and uncaring managers who will tell you to meet your deadlines and get things done. While you struggle, get frustrated with yourself and cry almost daily you keep trying to meet your goals. You continue to ask for help and support and it is there and then it isn't there. You will get help, then later it will be used against you so you become afraid to ask for anymore help.Your told we are here to help, tell us what you need, you tell your team lead or program coordinator and it is explained you have gone through training and you should know the answer or find it yourself.When your case loads are large and you work in an office with only one worker or your in 2 offices like me, you do not get the help you need.Things change daily and this is case management,but when your boss says today do this and tomorrow you do this for the same case it's EXTREMELY hard to keep up with this. Your boss gives you the wrong information or they made the mistake, but can't admit they did. You keep going and giving it your all and then you see and hear co-workers, even bosses say negative things about the employees they work with or have working for them. Doors are open and comments are said that should not be said. Upper management listens to the team leads and program coordinators – more... so once you are on their list of you not meeting deadlines and goals no matter how much you have tried to get help in reaching them you look like you don't care to your bosses bosses.You can't win, you are wrong and you will change if you want your job. If you work in the right region you will have great co-workers, that is the only positive,people with awesome hearts who really enjoy the program. Hardest part of job is your managers because it's impossible to learn all you need to do with the lack of training your given and when you ask for help you need to figure it out along with the high caseload,phone calls, paperwork, computer work,training,meeting and other agency meetings.Typical day at work is your too busy to eat and you will cry or have a melt down because of frustration you get for lack of support. Co-workers some are good some are not good. you get that anywhere, but the good ones are good and they have amazing hearts. You will learn the W2 Manual and procedures for the W2 program. You will learn daily, mainly by all the mistakes you make and the emails or phone calls you will get regarding your mistakes and you should know how to do this because of your new worker training. You will learn how to work with parent or parents to reach there goals by maneuvering through many screens in a computer program. The most enjoyable part of the job is if you have a heart and care the joy you bring to a family when they have reached their goals. It is a great program, but unfortunately the people who manage you hurt you by blaming you and not helping you like they claim to do.Good money and weekends off. it's unfortunate there is such a high turnover in employees, you would think at some point it would be questioned what are we as an agency failing to do. If the agency can't keep employees, how are workers suppose to help customers/families find and keep work, we do not even do this as an agency? – less

April 9, 2015

Sounds like there are too many issues with this place. They need to lose there contracts and end all these issues there. That place is a joke an if you work there and think your lucky joke is on you. Get out.

No appreciation & no support
Program Staff (Former Employee), WIJuly 21, 2014
Cons: lack of support from supervisor/management
I would highly NOT recommend this company. The retention rate is ridiculous (under 70%) but they can’t figure out what is going wrong! Well let me tell you. Lack of properly trained supervisors. They promote from within, and it doesn’t matter someone’s experience. I was an outsider with extensive experience in the job that I was doing, however they gave the team lead position to someone who is young and had no experience in it and had only been with the company six months. They provided her with no training to be a supervisor. There are too many layers of management and there is a huge disconnect between program staff and management. Management will come to the building that I work at, and not come around and talk to the staff that is working there. There is no appreciation from the middle management for the individuals working on the front lines. The benefit package is awful, not family friendly. You get 6 holidays and your PTO (vacation/sick time) is all in 1 account. So if you have kids and they are sick, you will never build up time to take a true vacation. The CEO/COO seem like they care, but they are too far disconnected from the program staff. You can talk and give a big show, but actions speak louder than words! I am so glad to no longer be affiliated with this company!
productive a really nice place to work for a great environment.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 10, 2014
The great feeling knowing at the end of the day you helped a individual overcome some type of situation.
Productive, fast paced environment,
Receptionist (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 11, 2014
I enjoy working with all the differnt people that come in. I have learned alot and would deffinitly reccomend people to come in for assisstance.
HORRIBLE
W2 Caseworker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Did this job for years,they came in Jan. 2013 changed everything on our day to day bases.They could have given us heads up but didn't I worked in 2 Counties and asked for help 4 times to my team lead, supervisor, and district manager not one person helped just took pleasure in making me cry. All they did is make my job harder and then blame me because I wasn't on top of things. We started the new year with no phones, no computers, no office equipment, and 1 certified FEP, but still had our on going customers to serve and they expected that also. Team leader is to young, as they say wet behind the ears thought she knew more than me, after many yrs, she was in this job about 1MONTH!! I would never suggest ANYONE in ANY POSITION to work for this company.They are not family oriented, and talk about the good benefits (NOT) they are just down right HORRIBLE

January 24, 2015

I agree 100% with HORRIBLE. top management never met with me and ask my side of the horrible story my so called team lead said. after working there for yrs and was hired to come with FS when they got the contract, but after everyone was training I had poor work performance. but 2-3 other workers were also let go after the company had no need for them under the whole "poor work performance". after I was so relieved to be let go (sad but true) I heard what a terrible company they were to work for. as far as I heard there is a lot of unemployment being paid out for their bad decisions.

Productive, Great co-worker who are very welcoming
W2 Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 18, 2013
Forward Services allow me to show and apply my skills as an Office worker, open minded, easy going, willingness to learn, my customer service professionalism. I'm so grateful for this oppurtunity.
This is a horrible place to work. There is very little support from management, pressure to achieve, and a heavy workload.
FEP (Former Employee), Marathon CountyAugust 28, 2013
Pros: very few with the exception of co-workers, most of them are wonderful and really have their heart in their job.
Cons: pressure and little support from the top. the expectations are extreme.
Please don't use the job description as a guide for your job. At this place you must learn all the state regulations regarding W-2 and CARES, this takes weeks to learn. They have an inexperienced director who has no knowledge of what is required. The staff is way too young and are promoted way too quickly. If you want to apply ask for an accurate description of the job. Wood County has the same job open for more money and their job description is extremely accurate. And by the way the benefit plan is horrible, if you leave with accrued vacation, you lose it. They do not pay out. You don't even get the day after Thankgiving off.

This is a State contracted position with no guarantee of the contract continuing.
Internship: A great place to gain Human Services experience.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 13, 2013
Cons: will not hire without a aa degree. (associates)
A very rewarding place to work and enhance skills in the Human Services profession.
Nice company to work for.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Beloit, WIApril 24, 2013
Pros: customer service
I worked with the W2 program and FS program. It was challenging

About Forward Service Corporation

Forward Service Corporation is a non-profit employment and training organization. We help lower-income adults and individuals – Read more