Foss Swim School Employee Reviews

Fun job but dont quit your day job.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNMarch 22, 2017
I worked there for only a summer as a career change. I had worked with children in an educational capacity for years and this would be a challenging new position. I found that the job was very very very part time in that I would have 5 - 7 hours a week for a two week period then have two or three weeks. It was very disappointing and depressing knowing I had left a full time job with benefits for this. Positive side was that the kids were great. Everything else was disappointing.
Pros
$14 an hour with bonuses.
Cons
Not full time
Best Job with rewarding positions
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 22, 2016
Absolutely the best job I've ever had. There is so much room for personal development, while also professional development. This is a very hard job, as people rely on you to be at work. You get bonuses for not missing shifts, and it is absolutely an incredible place to work. So much of this job feels like a gift to get paid while you're playing in the water with kids, teaching them a valuable life skill.
Pros
Lots of free food, great people, raises every quarter
Cons
No attendance bonus for missing work - planned or unplanned
Great place
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNMarch 29, 2016
Great place, upward ability. Great pay and benefits. hours are flexible as well. Foss cares about it's people and goes to great lengths to keep a fun and positive attitude.
Productive and great place to work with adults and kids
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 9, 2015
I have been with this company for five years now and I absolutly love working for Foss Swim School. It is full of great co-workers, managers and families.
Great place to gain experience with children
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 24, 2015
I really learned a lot from Foss so far. The environment is welcoming and also allows any employee to improve and grow as a person.
Fun place to work and very rewarding.
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 25, 2014
I taught people of all ages to swim and be comfortable in the water. The atmosphere is very fun, and the management was awesome to work for.
Teach how to swim, facility maintenance fixing things here and there
Swimming Instructor/Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 18, 2013
Has a very friendly atmosphere, communication with parents and kids are great, co-workers are always awesome.
Pros
enjoy working and having fun while doing it
Cons
none for the moment
Swimming instructor for kids ages 3 to 13 in a fun environment.
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 27, 2013
I loved working at Foss. To watch kids grow and over come fears by playing with them in the water and teaching them vital survival skills. I learned a lot about child psychology and how playing can really make a difference in how a child learns and grows. It expanded my creativity in a really fun way. I've always been a swimmer, it's second nature to me, so teaching a child who is scared of the water was a challenge I took on and excelled in. Building relationships with the kids and their parents made me realize how important my job really was. The hardest part of the job was being in the water for 5 hours at a time. Chlorine does horrible things to your body. Over all though, if the hours were there, I would most likely still be working there. But thinking about working 8 to 9 hours at a time in the water sounds a little scary to me.
Pros
Gratification of helping children excel and over come fears, seeing hard work come to fruition, building relationships with parents and children and feeling like I was helping people.
Cons
Being in water for 5 to 6 hours at a time, low hours on work schedule
Very productive fun place to work
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILSeptember 9, 2012
I love this job! It's a great opportunity to work with children and help them grow in their abilities as a swimmer
Fun job!
Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 2, 2012
Foss is a school designed to coach individuals from 3 years old to adults learn to swim or improve their swimming technique. This was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had.
Fun Summer Job
Swim Instructor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJuly 22, 2012
Foss is a great place to work if you enjoy working with children, love the pool and are looking for a summer time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foss Swim School. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3