Fossil Employee Reviews in United States

Seasonal Position
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJuly 28, 2016
It was a relaxing place at times to work there. Other times it was a bit too much but that was only because there would be more employees than customers sometimes.
Cool place to work
Web Content Management, Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 27, 2016
I have worked for Fossil twice and do enjoy the atmosphere and culture but work is very stressful and chaotic with unrealistic deadlines with way to many meetings.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Employees are just contract, numbers.
place for college students
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
very sales oriented and with terrible room for growth within the company. they rarely promote from within even if you are doing excellent in sales. if you are looking for seasonal work its the place to be. great place to start networking due to the high volume of turnover.
Unstable work environment due to bankruptcy
Fleet Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2016
My day usually was very fulfilling. I ran quick reports to monitor some key performance indicators. Contacted key players across the fleet to see if there was anything they needed assistance with. Worked to resolve issues that I could be assistance with.
I learned that when a process has problems, usually attention and reminders to the problem areas will usually resolve themselves fairly quickly, then requiring less time monitoring.
Management needed to be aware of issues and were usually helpful in getting fleet support to resolve problems when needed.
Coworkers were extremely helpful for the most part. Building strong helpful relationships across the fleet was a key top being successful.
The hardest part of the job was getting all to understand the importance of keeping good notes and completing all the paperwork associated with everything that was modified across the fleet.
Working with so many diverse personalities.
Pros
working in an industry that I was familiar with and enjoyed.
Cons
seeing our government so openly try to regulate the fossil industry out of business
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 13, 2016
Working in Downtown Disney is a lot of fun. The people I worked with were a lot of fun. Fossil is a great company. Management was amazing, but retail wasn't for me.
Fun place to work, but organizationally challenged
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 12, 2016
Job is easy enough, but upper management is so unorganized, and communication chain is lacking. Poor planning leads to poor performance, but the store teams take the blame for things. Focus on conversion, conversion, conversion, and development, and selling, and when am I supposed to have time to do all this?
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 11, 2016
I enjoy this job thoroughly. I love helping the guests find their perfect item. I love helping people and making them happy.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
inconsistent schedules
Fun and family like atmosphere.
Product Specialist/ sales associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109July 10, 2016
Fossil is very much like a family. Every manager does a wellness check before the start of their shift, and they ask if there is anything they can do to help the day move more smoothly. Even the associates make it a habit to keep each other happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet people from different places, but this can be the difficult part of the job as well. Because we meet people from different places, we learn to over come language barriers. Also, not every visitor is happy to see us, so we must also over come emotional obstacles. It is often our job to brush off the negativity and try to make them smile.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
Customers are not always in a good mood.
Great part-time
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2016
I worked for Fossil for three years, but it was time to move on. Great culture but no advancement and management sucks. Great for college students
Pros
Discount
It's been wonderful working for Fossil
Operation Mannager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 6, 2016
Regularly look for and pursue opportunities for new customers and assist sales staff in their efforts to ensure the division’s consistent growth.
Directly responsible for the supervision of staff and performance of daily Operations. Responsible for the day-to-day general administration of the organisation, assisting the
Chief Executive and supporting the staff team.General word processing.
Filing, copying and faxing.
Collation and distribution of minutes, reports and other documents.
Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail and general emails.
Ordering of equipment, materials and office supplies.
Minute taking for Board, team meetings and other meetings as required.
Undertake and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments
as required and instructed.
Administer the petty cash system and ensure appropriate record keeping.
Prepare contracts for suppliers as advised.
Assist in matters relating to marketing and publicity for the Company
Its a productive and happy environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 29, 2016
My managers are very flexible with my schedule because I am also a full time student. Every time I go to work I'm mostly Cashier for my shift, but I also have a sales goal to achieve as well, and 9 times out of 10 I accomplish my goal. My co-workers are very nice people to be around there also mostly bilingual.
Pros
schedule
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work, with laid back attitude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
Fossil at City Walk Universal Studios is still my favorite job. The pay should be higher but the environment is fantastic, both the employees and the guests. Pro would be the free watch and great discount
fossil
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2016
they really care about there employees they work with you if you need time off or if you in school. if something come up or you get sick they let you move your days around so you don't miss no hours
Love the Culture.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 24, 2016
As a whole the job is fantastic. Management is wonderful and the co workers were incredibly friendly. However if you want to work your way up in a company you should look elsewhere.
best employee welfare polices
Sr. SD / MM Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
It is one of the best companies I have worked, It HR policies and employee welfare initiations are very good. all the functional teams are very good and friendly. I am very much impressed with the work environment.
Ideal place to work
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 4, 2016
My time at Fossil was a great experience. Fossil has created an authentic and inspiring work environment. I woke up everyday excited to go to work.
Pros
Gym, Starbucks, employees are amazing
Fun laid back work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MD 21204June 2, 2016
typical day at work is organizing new shipments that come in, replacing sold merchandise, connecting with customers and coworkers, helping customers make decisions. I have learned to be patient and understanding. Management have become friends and are great peers to look up to. Hardest part of the job was coming back from school on breaks and relearning new merch, their names, and their functions. most enjoyable part is working with my coworkers who i consider friends.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
not enough work hours or shifts
Fun place to work
Associate and Watch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJune 1, 2016
The store was accommodating with time off. Great place to work if you are looking to work a few hours a week. I learned how to help multiple types of customers at a time.
Best Job for Part Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 27, 2016
Fossil is the best company to work for if you're looking for part time, however, it isn't the greatest for long term. There are no benefits for sales associates and to advance in the company takes an EXTREMELY long time. Like years.
Pros
Awesome discounts, great staff
Cons
Slow advancement, no benefits
Very fun, but busy workplace.
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2016
My days at fossil were very entertaining. All employees were fun and nice. They made the work environment fun and exciting. Kept me excited to come to work and be around funny people. The job was very busy, many customers. Customers loved the vibe of all employees. This job wasn't complicated at all, besides holidays. There were so many customers. I enjoyed my time there.