Fossil Employee Reviews

New sense of style
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 20, 2017
Fossil taught me how to make sales, welcome our customers and help them find what they were looking for. Fossil also inspired new designs and styles. Fossil has its own community where it travels to less advantaged communities to provide food and clothes.
Cons
Hours were given rarely to retail associates
Fossil
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 18, 2017
it was alright. the mangers were annoying but the co workers were cool. id work here again if it hasn't shut down. you get a free watch after a certain amount of days.
Excellent place for work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 17, 2017
Excellent place for work, nice work team, bring an excellent customer service, nice variety of merchandise including watches, jewelry, handbags, wallets, shades and belts.
Pros
discounts
good part time work
MERCHANDISER / SALES (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 13, 2017
Customer service was not difficult and neither is selling or inventory. Simple part time job with little skill involved with adjusting bands for customers.
Competitive sales enviroment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 10, 2017
I worked there for three years. I loved it when I first started, but as time went on things got really focused on sales and it was not as fun anymore. I loved the product though, and it was fun to see the different things that Fossil came out with.
Pros
Great employee discount.
Cons
Management would push you into being a pushy sales person
great work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 8, 2017
Attention to detail in stores, behind in training materials. I enjoyed the freedom and flexibility of hiring and developing my own staff, but the pressure to convert shoppers into buyers in some stores that were near pre-teen stores would tend to be difficult as some parents would just browse through. I enjoyed 3 out of 4 of my district managers and still keep in contact with 2. I left the company from lack of growth potential in my state, and due to a new DM whom was not healthy for the company and left shortly after I did.
Some of the managers have no respect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819August 7, 2017
They schedule you very short 3 or 4 hour shifts, and then demand that you stay longer. Managers do not like when want to take a break. Very little hours.
Started off being a good company until you started working
Assistant Manager/Interim Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 27, 2017
Fossil started off being a great company to work for, until your DM or Store manager put all of there duties on you to run the store.

They do not reward hard work but rewards who they favor the most.
Productive Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2017
Great energy and a great place to work. Awesome guests and leaves a wonderful customer experience. When working here you have to be quick on your toes.
relaxed
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 25, 2017
very uplifting manaement team very relaxed always fun going to work never stressed just working part time needing full time job hated leaving for a full time job
Pros
management
Cons
Healthcare

Want to know more about Fossil?

Ask a question
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 19, 2017
I've only been with this company for a little under a year and have already been moved into a position that I can grow and have been given more options as to where I want to be have been given so much responsibility as just a associate but treated and asked my opinion on things that help my team and store
Pros
Management and co workers
Productive and fun workplace with great music!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work consists of the Store's Sales Leader chatting us in by introducing us to the steady workflow pace and where we are at with our sales goal for the day. Management makes it clear how traffic has been with our guests so that we know how to approach them, either by engaging with multiple guests simultaneously or one-on-one to best tailor the experience.
During downtime, management and associates participate in skill building practices through role play to better respond to guest's needs and concerns. We review "Good", "Better", and "Best" price points. We thoroughly engage guests by establishing a connection to build trust and then walk them through our products that best suit their needs to close sales.
Arguably, the hardest part of the job is getting past those guests that come in just to look. Usually in those situations, we work to check in on them frequently to let them know that we're here if they have any questions or if anything new has caught their eye. They require the most attention to detail and handling. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. They have made my experience there and have taught me that life is better with company. They genuinely care about Fossil's core values, are fun and loving people and really care about making everyone feel at place. It makes work feel less like work and more like home.
what you learned
Sales Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802July 12, 2017
Great customer service skills, team player skills, managing customer complaints to make sure towards the end of the day you are dealing with happy customers who will appreciate your efforts and will come back again to the store and will ask for you!
fun place to work, always flow of people
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Missouri and FloridaJuly 11, 2017
I learned about different brands that Fossil Co. has under its name. A typical day at work would be giving a great costumer service to each costumer that came into the store . It was always great to work at the store because it has a very nice environment and every colleague was friendly and kind.
Fun place to work
Tier III IT Support Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2017
One of the best jobs I have had. The culture is very modern and health conscious. There is always something going on whether it is company sponsored activities, community service work.
Productive Days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2017
I learned how to deal with customers and taking into consideration what they were looking for and needed. Getting to understand what they would like and put it into an actually merchandise. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all the names of the watches and when staff had bad attitudes or would treat you differently if you were to mess up. Managment was okay, but I have had better.
On call
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2017
I only worked here on call for a short period of time. I thought that working on call wasn't for me. Since it was so far away I'd only have an hour notice if I worked. So if I got ready and wasn't needed then I would just not be able to get back to sleep.
Very Enjoyable Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 6, 2017
I learned a lot at Fossil and was given many opportunities for growth within the company. I was given many responsibilities and the job allowed me to work with a team in a positive environment that encouraged me to try my hardest to succeed.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
Slow business, unrealistic corporate sales goals
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 30, 2017
Great people passionate about their work.

Fun perks but pay not necessarily commensurate with marketplace, at least depending on the position.

Great new campus.
Customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 29, 2017
This job is perfect for those who want to improve on their communication skills as well as sales experience. Working here has definitely helped me improve on communicating with others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil. Our community is ready to answer.