Foster Farms Employee Reviews

I would recommend getting a corporate job with Foster Farms, It is a great company to work for over all
Back-up LEAD Cutter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2017
I worked on the line. Cutting and packing chicken. (The Assembly Line) This review is only for those positions as I have no clue how the corporate is ran but based on the new letters I read, it looks good on that side of the Farm. The vast majority of (the assembly line) employees do not have any college education. Im not sure even if you have to have a HS diploma. The Superintends, the machine mechanics, and the USDA are the only ones I believe that have any college. And whomever works the office jobs. On the assembly line there are hundreds of people working back there with germ protection gear and goggles. All day long working the line rotating stations from cutting to packing every two hours after the 15 minute break. 15 minutes is hardly enough time to remove gear, run to the bathroom, put gear back on and sanitize. So you have to decide if your going to go to the bathroom or have a snack, not both. Because of all the work you do with your hands, it is a very PAINFUL job. My hands hurt every day and every night. I would wake up crying in pain. The nurse on duty said I just need to get used to it. After 2 months it still hurt, actually felt worse. I was lucky to be offered the back up LEAD position to help with running the line rotations and supply stocking. I did not have to work the painful line again!!! It felt like management only seemed to care about completing the packing quota for the day. They didn't really care if you called in sick, unless you did it chronically. The whole job is hard. Most people quit or just stop coming to work within the first 3 weeks, sometimes  more... after the first day! Their turnover is very high. You would think it would be pretty easy to cut and pack, but its not even close to easy. You just learn how to do it if you stay long enough. And although its a union job the maximum pay is $10.25 for life!! Well actually it is $ .25 per hour more than minimum wage. Most of the longtime employees are there because its hard to find employment anywhere else because they either don't speak English or it is very broken English. I became very fond of the long timers and older employees. They are very strong to do that job all those years because they HAVE to. We take so many things for granite. That is a tough job !!! and they put in 10 hours a day 5-6-7 days a week whether they want to or not, its mandatory. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers they become like family. Once they get to now you they are very kind. I had a great experience learning key words in several different languages and they loved to bring me food. I miss them !!! Even though the pay is low, it is great that people who really want to work but cant attain employment can work for Foster Farms. There are also several people working there that are getting their life together and other employers wont hire them because of their past. They can work to prove they have changed their lifestyle so they look more attractive to other employers. And if they stay past 3 days they are most fidelity committed. Great job to Foster Farms for giving them the opportunity. I learned a lot about myself and other people while working for Foster Farms and I am glad to have had the opportunity. And yes, I do still eat chicken.  less
Pros
They offer a lot of overtime. Offer employment opportunities to people who want to work
Cons
Its a tough job for the pay.
ok place to work
Head cook (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 17, 2017
not fun supervisors yell at you make you work crazy hours coworkers are mean and rude they yell at you and call you names i hate this place dont ever work here
Fast pace enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2017
Very fast pace work place I learned how to move accordingly to warehouse procedures. My employer was very understanding and helpful. The hardest par of the job was dressing and undressing during breaks.
Pros
good hours
Cons
transportation was hard
not enough pay for job requirements/ pay scale sucks
feed haul driver (Current Employee) –  farmervile, LAJuly 17, 2017
company is bias to older drivers within company, management in my department work on good ole boy system, no possibility of advancement nor any better pay or chance for betterment of one self, they use a Chinese overtime that is suppose to increase pay, but all I have been able to see is a reduction in pay from stated 19.50 hour to 13 an hour or less depending on how long loader dispatcher decides to hold you up at mill.
Love the family values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJuly 16, 2017
though its a large company, you can tell the family values are important. Company did a lot of training and development of its staff. I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
lots of training
Foster farms
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALJuly 16, 2017
Job sucks they don't know how to treat anyone it's cold hands frozen they don't care itS all bout them corndogs free you can do better for that amount of change
Cons
Unfair treatment
Cold place to work.typical assembly line type of work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LAJuly 2, 2017
Very fast paced and very repetitive but a very safety oriented company. They also have a lot of opportunity to work extra hours.The plant I was at just did a major upgrade on the entire. Plant so everyone was quite confused. Not a terrible place to work for though.
Fast pace and demanding
Bulk stacker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJune 28, 2017
I liked the people at Foster Farms.......I feel for my department it was poor management was all. My overall job I had no problem with at all though .
Pros
Learning a lot of new things
Cons
Supervisors not doing their jobs
Foster Farms
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 27, 2017
A typical day at Foster farms consisted of getting there early to start early which consisted of getting suited and booted. I learned the sanitation trade and chemical use and how to protect yourself from those chemicals as far as safety goes. Management was OK but consisted of alot of horseplay and unprofessionallism. My fellow co-workers were nice to work with and were average people like me just trying to make a living. The hardest part of the job was the work days 6 days a week which hardly left me no down time to spend with family and do recreational activities. the most enjoyable part of the job was the weekly pay every Friday which made any hardships i felt worth it.
Pros
Good co-workers to work with and the breaks are consistent
Cons
the management giving you a hard time and being unprofessional
environment
Boiler mechanic/Preventive care (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 26, 2017
2014-2015 Foster Farms mechanic/operator
-Tear down lines troubleshooting of packaging unit slicers grinders cutters
pasterizers ovens chillers printers oil filtration system plc pumps and repairs
Great Company
Emergency Medical Technician/CPR Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 22, 2017
This a great company where you can gain experience if you are looking for company where is easy to move up? This is the place where you want to go and start your career.
disgusting place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 21, 2017
The supervisors are extremely rude. the co workers are even worse. very unsanitary. Never willing to work with your schedule. And also they dont care or value their company or employees
Pros
Cons
everything
Foster Fake
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJune 19, 2017
Demanding physical activity and failure to follow guidelines with no accountability such as swapping workers out in demanding positions as required they let you continue till you cant and point you for it.

During safety exams they hand you answer sheets so you can quickly return back to work.

Union representatives are biased and side with company side with most issues like snow days and quality of work environment for employees.
Pros
Steady employment except winter time.
Cons
bad work environment
very stressful....bad management angry....no real training just got threw into the job
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WAJune 15, 2017
would not recommend this job to anyone....no training....leads could not do the job they were asking you to do and very angry all the time....lot of yelling at people about things that were not in your control....probley why they are always short staffed...bad experience!
wharehouse
Warehouse Worker Duties (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CA 95334June 13, 2017
always behind and management doesn't know how to keep employees happy long hours and hard work that isn't appreciated or reconizied. constantly picking up other workers slack, without any repercusions for the person not doing their part
Good work environment
Lead (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 6, 2017
Was a great experience working here. I always stayed busy. Helpful supervisors. Helped where I was needed.Always stayed busy doing something. I would recommend this employer to others.
There's no ping pong playing
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 6, 2017
Fosters Farms Is the job I like the people are great the supervisors are understanding the insurance they're nice to have. The ability to be general labor then move up to operator is great to be recognized very encouraging.
Pros
I take a lunch
Cons
10 minutes breaks
Good company to work for
IT Service Center Analyst I (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAMay 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Foster Farms, people were polite and welcoming. I learned alot working on IT department, people took the time to train and educate employees and end users.
Inventory for all-night shipments in and out
Manifest operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2017
Long hours low pay forced overtime minimum breaks highly stressed Holly fast work environment very high turnaround rate have the tendency to treat employees at convicts
I like working for foster farm its not a hard job at at
Price in labeling (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LAMay 20, 2017
I like working there like the shifts an the hours...its a good place to work ..I like the benefits they offer...tha hours an days they have u working I love very much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foster Farms. Our community is ready to answer.