Foster Farms Employee Reviews in United States

very enjoyable position
electrician/carpenter (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAMarch 14, 2016
working with others, learning many attributes of job, and traveling to different job sites under per diem was a beneifit. Supervisors were great to work for.
Pros
holidays, birthday pay, and great benifits.
Cons
commuting was not easy
Product and interesting job
Claims Correspondent (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAFebruary 7, 2016
I have learned alot about Workers Compensation in the time I have been there. Multi tasking is a high priority and being able to work with others within the dept. Managing time is very important, you must be able to keep all incoming calls,mail, Reports and claims up to date at all times.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work slowing down
decent job good benefits slow chance for advancement supervisor lil rough around the edges
Puller (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 6, 2015
It's a good company to work for if that's all u want to do.hardly a chance for advancing ur career in management most have been there more then 20+ years.the benefits use to be good when I worked there..im assume they still r
Pros
they give company picnics
Cons
easy to lose ur job
Overall a great environment to grow as an employee.
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2016
Working at Foster Farms I learned the valuable lesson of communication in the ranks, as well as making sure to know where everyone is and to let them know where you are. The management was excellent, the supervisor would be out in the working area with us, asking if anyone needed anything or how to making it a better working area. The hardest part of the job was getting used to how much of an impact one employees work could make on the overall day, for instance if one pallet jack driver didn't show up the order would get completed but it would take more time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people and getting to know the variety of employee's working at Foster Farms.
Pros
Break every 2 hours
Cons
Sometimes worked sundays
Good employees
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJuly 25, 2015
The Human Resource department in Porterville has a high turn over due to the director. It is unbelievable that now days mistreatment is accepting. Corporate turns a bling eye to this harassment and continue to allow the mistreatment of employees in this department. Union avoidance will be temporarily due to this mistreatment. The company offers good benefits but no training or growth.

The product maintained good quality but now has had issues with contamination. Corporate needs to conduct investigations in the HR department and make a change in leadership.
Pros
Big name on your resume
Cons
Leadership is inappropriate
foster farms
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 13, 2016
great company would work for them again
Fork lift
great management
worked long hours and made great pay
Holiday and sick pay was very beneficial
A very active environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Seville, CAMay 3, 2016
It's always hot and the humidity made it worse, and taking care of live chickens is no easy task. You must always be aware of your surroundings and also of the needs of the chickens. Management always had a lot to offer, including safety gear, safety tips, and providing opportunities to advance. Working with the people there was always easy, everyone helped one another in order to get the job done in a safe and swift manner. The hardest part of the job was being accountable for a ranch full of live poultry making sure nothing goes wrong. But the most enjoyable part was watching the life of the birds change drastically.
Pros
A very supportive supervisor and environment
Cons
working in extreme heat
Daily trucking commute to LA and back.
Longline truck driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2015
On average work shifts are 12-14 hours four days a week. The job is not hard but the hours are horrible and unpredictable . You may work days then not get called back to work until the middle of the night the next work shift. Very hard to have any family life or sleep schedule at all. Great benefits and retirement plans but burn out is high due to unpredictable work hours.
Pros
benefits, salary, retirement
Cons
work hours
Productive but lack of communication
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAApril 29, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of transferring hot dog links at a fast pace. I learned how to fold boxes, feed racks of hot dogs, work at a fast pace without taking breaks until the end of my shift. Co-workers helped as much as they could even knowing that they didn't speak much English. Hardest part of my job was not being able to communicate with coworkers. the most enjoyable part was finishing my task at the end of the day.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
communication, supervisors, overtime
Was an ok place to work, but not much room for advancment.
401 Pool (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJanuary 18, 2016
I would clock on at 750 am and head to where ever I was needed, I learned that there are several steps in setting up and preparing the chicken for processing. I got along with some of the management, my biggest problem was that there is not much room for advancement.
blah
Packer (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALMarch 29, 2016
if you can stand the cold then its ok I guess. Stay to yourself because there are a lot of moody people. Management sucks. They DO NOT listen or or care about their workers. The hardest part of the job would be standing in the cold and not being able to warm your hands without getting in trouble.
Pros
extra break
Cons
Very short breaks
Productive workplace
Packer/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALMay 27, 2016
I liked working at Foster Farms. I've learned a lot while working there and that was because they put me in different positions because I was a fast learner. The managers and co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of working was working in a very cold environment, but the most enjoyable part was getting to do different things besides my job title.
Learned A lot
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2016
Work is very intense, from the moment I clock in to the moment I clock out. I've learned so much about machines, how to Lead a Team, how to drive numerous vehicles and how to work side by side with so many different people with different cultures and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is working the weekends but what makes it enjoyable is my co-workers.
Great atmosphere
Employee (Current Employee) –  LivingstonAugust 5, 2015
Great atmosphere and coworkers, but lacking advancement. Coworkers are helpful and willing to guide you to help you succeed. Compensation could be better for the amount of projects required of you to accomplish.
was not a fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALApril 23, 2016
Management was hard to work with because of height. They showed favortism. No days off even when you earned them. The management was nasty towards the workers and didnt want to hear anything about improvements. The workers sometimes worked in dangerous situations and supervisors overlooked them.
Pros
no understanding from management/It's all in who you know.
Cons
no room for growth
fast paced, time fly's by, develop bodily pains
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2016
packaging chicken on a very fast assembly line, its not bad you get to keep to yourself all day if you'd like that. not much thinking can relax to yourself while you stand there packaging. its cold and pungent smell in the work place for sanitation purposes.
Pros
time fly's by
Cons
Pain throughout your body, numb hands long lasting
Taco Bell
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2016
I loved working a Taco Bell I learned how to provide the best customer service working here.My managers were great and knew how to keep things in order. My coworkers were always friendly in the workplace. This job taught me multitasking skills as well. The peoples smiles is what i enjoyed the most
Minimum wage slave
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 15, 2016
gave 8 years of my life to this company, had seniority plus lots of experience and I was never let step up job position, many opportunities which I was qualified for never gave me the chance. If you're not friends with someone in a upper level good luck getting out of the general labor.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Administration in general
No room for advancement
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAAugust 23, 2016
I saw people that worked there for 20+ years, and were only making as much as $12.50 an hour. They have the lowest paid machine technicians there, and you feel like you're trapped there and never have a chance to even look for another job. Avoid at all costs if possible.
this company is good at hiring
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LAJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work is fast-paced. I learned to eat real fast at this job cause breaks were not long. But I really learned to work with all kinds of people and to be a survivor. because this job is hard to keep. the hardest part of this job is learning how to move fast. the most enjoyable part is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
short breaks