FOSTER FARMS

FOSTER FARMS Employer Reviews

very nice people but very tiring
Hanger (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 11, 2014
good persons to work with long hours and very tired after a 10 hour shift
Foster farms
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Kelso, WAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks no life because you work 6 days a week
working at foster farms was bad the hours vary u work 6 days a week but may only get 35 hours the pay sucks the management doesn't care about u just they're quota's
Non professional office, low self esteem from other employees
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: if i needed to leave early for my children, there was no problem
Cons: wages did not meet the work load given
High pressure job. Data entry, posting of shipping documents and exports to other countries. Wages did not meet the standards of work that Foster Farms wanted from their employees. Office personnel very unprofessional. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep everyone happy and on the same page without losing your mind yourself in the process. Enjoyable – more... parts of the job were when you went on break and you had a few minutes to yourself. – less
not the best place for employment
head cook 1 (Former Employee), Turlock, CADecember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
if you want to work around people who dont speak english.. than this is the spot for you
Job is highly stressful and demanding
Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Livingston CaDecember 18, 2013
Pros: the people are my best assets
Cons: not given proper instruction or tools to do the work
Start to finish 8am to 8pm
To run lines at maximum speeds and efficiency
Need to find better ways to communicate with subordinates
Do not work as team players
Working without the necessary tools or instructions to perform the task at hand
It's people, and seeing that the job was done
fast paced environment.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: the smells
long days on your feet all day. I learned how to filet chicken. Management was sometimes hard to understand but overall supervisors were very helpful. All different cultures work here so that was a learning experience in itself. The hardest part was dealing with the chicken and all its different parts and smells.They did offer long term benefits in – more... the union. – less
Typical Day at Work
Driver (Former Employee), Turlock, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: laziness of some fellow workers
Typical day was 7:00 pm until 4:00 am. Did vehicle inspection on truck, reported to dispatcher to learn which trailers needed moving and loading at appropriate docks. Worked closely with management on safety issues and was chosen as union liaison by fellow employees.

The most frustrating part of the job was working with fellow workers who were not – more... conscientious about their job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet many people of different ethnicities. – less
Its a very fast pace felcility to work in.
General Labor (Former Employee), Kelso, WASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: chicken grease
my day at work i would walk in, get my new work gear on walk in to the factory in choose a station then wait untill the next break and so on and so fourth. i learned how to work at a very fast pace and work and be able to operate other machines. my co-workers were very nice people to be around every one is always nice to you there. the last 2 hours – more... of work. pulling the chicken thighs. – less
VERY BUSY DAY WENT BY QUICKLY
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Livingston, CASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: all
ENJOYED WONDERFUL PEOPLE I MET. wORK ENVIRONMENT WAS QUITE BUSY.
real clean and up tempo
tray packing (Former Employee), Farmerville, LASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: stayed busy
Cons: didnt get overtime
all work from beginning to end. I learned a lot about chicken, The hardest part of the job was getting dressed in all them clothes. I had good co-workers. The most enjoyable part was a successful day.
was a fun day at work.
forklift Driver/ laborer (Current Employee), Livingston caSeptember 16, 2013
when I get to work the first thing a I do is to wrong up them I start the forklift with the other person that am working with. well there isn't nothing hard in this job cause l like working this way. I learn all of thing doing my job to be good a it and to list all the time to my manager.
Family owned company with excellent values.
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2013
Work as a Human Resources Supervisor and supervise the Human Resources Department at a Processing Plant.
Great enviroment to work in great people to working their.
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Demopolis, ALJuly 31, 2013
Pros: three 30 minute breaks, clean sanitized break and bathrooms.
The time I spent at Foster Farm's was a great experience on Thanksgiving they give out turkey's, they have satey reviews once every two months, and they have high tolerances for sickness in the work place.
Its hard working for Foster Farms we work 6 & 7 days a week , the pay is to low . but the people i had on my crew where great.I will miss them alot.
Operator and lead (Former Employee), Porterville CaJune 19, 2013
I love the crew i worked with, I really like the fact we stayed busy, most of the time it run real smooth, that was the best part of the day .The hardest part was when the machines would break down.Lots of the time it was more then one . made a bad night.
busy and fast pace work
Back Dock Worker (Former Employee), airway hights, WAJune 11, 2013
Pros: cool co workers and the hours of work
Cons: lifting heavy boxes and it was only a temporary job
Moved boxes from a conveyor belt on to pallets by the order number printed on the box. Constantly lifted 60-70-lbs. My co workers were all pretty much the same age as i was so we all got along. the worst part of the job was lifting the boxes all day. the best part was working with cool people
productive workplace with lots of work experience and good benefits.
Laborer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 6, 2013
If I wouldn't have gotten sick I probably would still be working at this job but things took a bad turn for me I really enjoyed the experience.
An unorganized environment
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 17, 2013
Pros: bring own lunch
Cons: every two hours 15 min breaks plus an 30 min break
This company is an unorganized environment as well as unorganized management toward employees. Unfairly treatments including same race competitions such as no matter how much efforts being put at work, same credits end up with the same race who's competing with the rest.
A very fast an demanding workplace.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Demopolis, ALMarch 27, 2013
Pros: it was like a huge family.
Cons: sometimes u wouildn't get a break.
I worked rotating shifts days where the hardest you had to make sure all the equipment was running with in a short period of time called the start up. I work with a great group of people we made sure we got the job done on time.
VERY REWARDING PLACE TO WORK
Data Entry (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: would buy us lunches sometimes.
Cons: only 1/2 hour for lunch.
Typical day, doing a lot of research on the interent. Learned various usage of computer software programs. Management was very helpful. Co-workers were helpful. Hardest part of job doing inventory in the parts room. Enjoyable part of job learning new software and working with great, helpful, considerate, staff and co-workers.
Fun people
Sanitation (Former Employee), Kelso, WAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free meals on holidays
Cons: really strict company
fun people to work around but overall its a good place to work

About FOSTER FARMS

It doesn't matter if Henny Penny is having hot flashes, Foster Poultry Farms never uses hormones (nor does it inject salt water – Read more