Foster Farms Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced, simple tasks, hard work
Fillet (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2016
the hardest part of the job was smelling chicken all day
I learned how to fillet chicken breast
management was well trained and very understanding
co workers were great a very wide culture based
foster farms
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 13, 2016
great company would work for them again
Fork lift
great management
worked long hours and made great pay
Holiday and sick pay was very beneficial
good place
Industrial ammonia Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Nice place to start your career and get the required experience. A very friendly company and good at teaching you. A great place to have worked at for so long.
foster farm
Handler (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAFebruary 8, 2016
foster farm was good my hours was fine that pay was great and workers were nice...there hands on trainer and help if need and breaks were great and gave more working position if open..
not the perfect job
Loader/Packer (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALSeptember 21, 2015
it was very cold was all about the numbers cleaning was enforce well i learned how to work fast and with other communication skills was a lot better co-workers was funny and loving.the hardest part of job was time went in at 4:30 supposed to get off at 12:45 wouldn't get off until 2:30 sum times they would run while we was on break something they would call bulks and we had to pack all them also numbers was big for this company.the most enjoyable part of job was break them 30 mins off your feet, second break was 15 mins and friends were best
Pros
breaks
Cons
short breaks and time wasn't never accurate
not a professional setting
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAFebruary 4, 2016
the culture is terrible at this company especially in the production setting. it is very hard to change management when they are set in their ways.
rewarding and fulfilling job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 14, 2016
I would make sure all machinery and equipment was running and production was staying on target.

At the end of my day I knew I gave it my all and I did a good job.
decent job good benefits slow chance for advancement supervisor lil rough around the edges
Puller (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 6, 2015
It's a good company to work for if that's all u want to do.hardly a chance for advancing ur career in management most have been there more then 20+ years.the benefits use to be good when I worked there..im assume they still r
Pros
they give company picnics
Cons
easy to lose ur job
millwright
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LAFebruary 13, 2016
oversaw production of everyday production facility . maintain proper maintenance of all machinery and made sure it was maintained
Good employees
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJuly 25, 2015
The Human Resource department in Porterville has a high turn over due to the director. It is unbelievable that now days mistreatment is accepting. Corporate turns a bling eye to this harassment and continue to allow the mistreatment of employees in this department. Union avoidance will be temporarily due to this mistreatment. The company offers good benefits but no training or growth.

The product maintained good quality but now has had issues with contamination. Corporate needs to conduct investigations in the HR department and make a change in leadership.
Pros
Big name on your resume
Cons
Leadership is inappropriate
Daily trucking commute to LA and back.
Longline truck driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2015
On average work shifts are 12-14 hours four days a week. The job is not hard but the hours are horrible and unpredictable . You may work days then not get called back to work until the middle of the night the next work shift. Very hard to have any family life or sleep schedule at all. Great benefits and retirement plans but burn out is high due to unpredictable work hours.
Pros
benefits, salary, retirement
Cons
work hours
Very good people around.
sanitation worker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 18, 2015
I've grown to like it here. i know my duties each and every day and i go in and get the job done. you always get your full 8 hours and are offered overtime most of the week.
I worked in the production plant in Livingston, Ca. I was assigned to the production line.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CASeptember 15, 2015
My job within the company was to keep the production line operating in a efficient manner. I had to make sure that everything was operating properly.
Pros
I worked overtime regularly.
Cons
absenteeism
A fairly typical office environment, the coworkers were nice
Customer Service / Temp (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAAugust 17, 2015
Arrive at work, go through the list of stores that needed to be called to confirm orders, answer phones from same stores, enter data, occasionally go and make copies or print something out.

The co-workers were nice and friendly.
When the season is right work is good
Box & Bag Production Line (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 22, 2015
I like working at Foster Farms i enjoy the fast pace work and love working forty hours or more. Theirs always opportunities to learn more and advance in each department if you are willing and take initiative to apply your self.
Pros
fast pace environment/ lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks/ no set sechedual
Terrible work environment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAOctober 8, 2015
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. horrible work environment, over worked and under paid. No one speaks English barley and management is very unprofessional.
Brian Lee's Foster Farms Job Review
Gizzard & Heart Packer (Current Employee) –  Farmerville, LAJune 8, 2015
Working at Foster Farms is great. I've become a man there. Learned a lot about working with others and being part of a team. Management makes us all feel appreciated for the jobs that we do. I've grown close to a lot of my co-workers over the years, developed friendships that go beyond work. I would say the hardest part of my job is just like with any job, you have those frustrating moments but that's all part of work. Not everything or every day will go smoothly, other than that there's really nothing I dislike about my job. The most important part of my job is the people, the atmosphere is great. I'm comfortable there.
Pros
Atmosphere, People, Good Hours
Cons
Pay, Breakdowns & Bad Product
this company is good at hiring
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LAJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work is fast-paced. I learned to eat real fast at this job cause breaks were not long. But I really learned to work with all kinds of people and to be a survivor. because this job is hard to keep. the hardest part of this job is learning how to move fast. the most enjoyable part is the benefits.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great work place to advance
Receiver Operator/Clean Up Crew (Former Employee) –  Traver, CAMay 25, 2015
as a reciver operater i weigh in and out inbound trucks and make reciver tickets. unload rail cars and drive locomotive remote and manually, load trucks with forklift as well bulldozer, ran loadout operations. Run roller mill, and ran two different reciving operations that operate elevaters and convayors
Pros
great healthcare and eviornment
Productive Fast Paced enviroment
Back-up Quality Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno CaJuly 4, 2015
Conduct Quality checks to help ensure quality of product leaving the plant. Earned how to manage people and work as a team with management to ensure safety and quality.
Pros
Fast paced, Convenient breaks
Cons
Short Staffed, Long Hours