Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Great Paying company
Enviriomental Instrumentation Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2017
The work environment is very harsh but the pay is great. The company sold, so they are no longer here in Minnesota. The companies contract had expired with the University of Minnesota. Now the steam plant is being run by another company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
company sold
excellent place to work
Fabricated Pipe Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
enjoyed working with fellow employees, travel with leisure. excellent place to work ,plentiful projects opportunity, flexible working hours.great advancement easily insert your ideal comments
Pros
vendor lunches
Cons
proper healthcare
I had a great time working for Foster Wheeler.
Fitter/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 15, 2017
I had a great time working for your company. The management treated me with respect.THe job was great to work,and had all the tools we needed!Had a Blast.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Not enough long term work.
Great place to work!
Sr. PDS Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
I was a contract employee at Foster Wheeler working on a chemical project. The team was quite good and cohesive. Well experienced designers and management, which made it very productive and a nice place to work.
Security System
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
When moving to new location, badges provided had to be used. Kept track of when you arrived and every time you went in or out.

Project Managers were always available at disciplines meetings to relay information from client or our upper management (Good or Bad).

Meetings with client and FW personnel would end up speaking Spanish. I had to stop and remind them that I did not have a problem with that as long as they provided me the resolution to the problems so they could be noted correctly in the "Minutes of Meeting".

Birthday month. brought in cake to share with everyone that had a birthday that month.
Pros
Had choice of eating in our building or accross to other building.
Cons
Hiring new graduates as project engineers, many lacked any technical background, as a result thier function was to comment on scedules and write reports
productive
General Foreman of Pipe (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXJuly 9, 2017
Productive company to work for with safety ordinated competitive wages and holidays. good work culture on the job sites good insurance and other benefits
Productive and learning enviroment
Buyer & Source Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
• Revised and prepared Engineering requisitions into AMUSE business system
• Prepared and issued request for quotations (RFQ's) for general commodities to suppliers in order to obtain competitive and responsive quotations. Reviewed all documents and attachments for completeness/correctness.
• Developed, stablished and maintained strong relationships with suppliers to provide more cost effective and efficient methods in order to achieve maximum cost savings, and support by the supplier.
• Translator/Interpreter, responsible of translating for our Spanish speaking clients during meetings, conference calls, emails and any other documentation.
productive work place
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 19, 2017
was a good company to work for. lots of good overtime and great culture.very good about keeping everyone cool and well hydrated. got removed because of un-safe work but overall good understanding company.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
none really
accurate instructions of what was expected
Boiler Maker/Brick Layer (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJune 10, 2017
Picked up tools,materials needed for the job, report to the job site to perform tasks as required. Attended safety meetings then went to my work location to perform tasks assigned.
Pros
The pay scale was good especially when we were able to get OT.
Cons
working in la. weather
good company
Combo welder (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXJune 5, 2017
good company to work for, good managemtn and nice co workers. very understanding on needed breaks, and always good on paychecks never late. good company to work for.
Nice new building / Good people to work with
Sr. Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
The management here is just great. I worked for Hank Colleir and he was a really great person to work for. The structure of management is good too. Good Company!!!
Pros
Cons
No work right now
Hard working environment
Process Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NJApril 14, 2017
Ability to work on broad range of engineering aspects i.e. P&IDs, HAZOP reviews, mass balance equations, customer proposals, equipment sizing, etc. or specialize in a particular engineering aspect.
great new facility great co-workers
Sr. Pipe designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2017
This company was so big that the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I saw people sit idle for weeks while others had so much overtime that they complained that they didn't have any home life.
Pros
great facility new cafeteria, 9/80 work week
Cons
too many absent leaders
Is and OK Company
Senior Principal Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I found the environment at Foster a bit rigid but, still a good company. Their salaries are competitive. They do good work in the Energy Fields.
okay
Boilermaker/Welder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2016
good place to work. good coworkers to work with, good communication. safe place to work, had safety meetings every single day before job started. management was okay good be improved some more.
Construction safety Professional
Corporate Director-Health, Safety (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NJOctober 14, 2016
Responsible for project support and safety program oversight globally. Headed up FW HSE programs on corporate level including support for subsidiaries programs.
Great Company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2016
Management provided support and help if needed, but allowed me to work independently otherwise. The general atmosphere is to treat employees as responsible professionals.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Bureaucratic, legal structure, hinders work acquisition.
Team work
Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Must be a team work enviroment to ensure any project termination within the time frame required to maximize profits to share holers.
was great to work with them
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Brush, COAugust 26, 2016
it was a great place to work at and the crew members were awesome and the company took care of there workers really great. I would not mind going back to work for them in the future.
Pros
great pay
Cons
just night shift
Great place
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 20, 2016
Learned new things daily. Give you great pay and but did not get any per diem. My co workers where very down to earth people. It was enjoyable because i was learning new things. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family if i had them there with me i would have stayed on there then again they promised us perdiem but we never recieved it