Foster Wheeler

Foster Wheeler Employer Reviews

Very productive work area
PMT HSE Supervisor (Current Employee), AL jubail cityMarch 21, 2014
Pros: paid overtime
Cons: no vehicle supplied
Working with this company (Foster wheeler) is very productive and beneficial to me being a person career wise. I experienced a lot and learned a lot too.
A project that is in need of some overhaul
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Indiantown, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: upper management, poor safety concerns, scheduled was based day by day
This review is based strictly on a project in Indiantown, FL and does not necessarily mean the company as a whole is like this. The upper management team was not well educated on how a job is supposed to be ran nor were they educated on pipe installation, fabrication or functions. They do not believe their employees should have a voice and they will – more... dismiss you if you have a concern. In every other company I have worked for, safety was considered #1 and followed up by quality and the production, this project management team believes in the complete opposite and safety is hardly regarded as important. Many employees, including myself were asked several times to perform tasks unsafely and many tasks were not properly planned out. This project did not believe in craft employees and had both riggers and iron workers fitting high pressure pipe lines, many spools were fabricated incorrectly and crooked, the management team would shrug their shoulders and have it installed improperly. When it comes to scheduling, I wouldn't plan on knowing when you are working from one day to the next, we would work 8hrs one day, 12hrs the next, then work two days of 10hrs and then another 8hr shift. One week we would work 50hrs, next week work 40hrs, and then one week work 60hrs, only to go back to 40hrs again. This entire job was in complete chaos and I only hope that FPL looks further into Foster Wheelers practices at their plant site and makes changes. I do not recommend this project to anyone who takes pride in their work ethic and who values their safety. – less
Production with light humor with the co-worker.
Supervisor - US and Asia (Former Employee), Clinton, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: no free lunch or coffee
Cons: healthcare was a priority.
Always work due schedule and making all the dates.
Management always make you busy with meeting and future
jobs. Visited China office and Vietnam job site total of two years. Most experience I received with Chinese and Vietnam
co-workers that help me to understanding other side of world culture. Always try to make job in budget and make the dates.
That – more... was my enjoyable part of the job. – less
Challenging environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Northeast and Southeast United StatesOctober 21, 2013
Good deal of potential. Offering new products which if can be supported, will be a great benefit for their future.
Productive work place
Turnover systems Tech (Current Employee), East Chicago, INOctober 16, 2013
Most days are busy. Ive learn so much from the experience and the people around me.
Exceptional Company
Validation Specialist II (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRAugust 13, 2013
Pros: chances to grow as the other profesionals
Foster Wheeler teach me many good things about validations, projects, clients support, validation activities, client support, and many other good things.
Consistent and independent environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work is processing new hires for safety orientations and safety base training's, issuing protective equipment, ordering protective equipment, completing expense reports and processing invoices, coordinating meetings, data entry, preparing safety documentations and reports, and supporting the safety staff on as need bases. The hardest – more... part of my job is pulling employees away from their work assignments to take random drug screenings, they get frustrated to be pulled away, but it is necessary. The most enjoyable part of my Job is getting the opportunity to meet & interact with everyone throughout the company while promoting and supporting a safe environment and building a safe culture. I love working and interacting with people! – less
very organized place to work
Sr.Field Piping Designer (Former Employee), el segundo californiaMay 1, 2013
field designer lead responsible for a field team of 7 designers
Work at Foster Wheeler
Senior Project Buyer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: had good christmas party
Cons: nothing bad to say.
I worked at satelite office not in main office, but had good working facility.

Overall a good company to work for.

Good people to work with.
Stayed busy
Foreman (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2012
Work hours from 7-5. No overtime because I was not a permanent employee. Had problems getting straight answers from management sometimes. Overall pretty good company to work for.
Proffesional organization
Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Colton, CANovember 21, 2012
Joined company during re-commissioning of co-gen. Company held extensive training in safety, operations and maintenance. Management was experienced and well versed to meet the challenges of re-commissioning. Co-workers were worked hard to ensure the project was completed on time. The hardest part of the job was cleaning bed material from combustor furnace – more... following improper operation and shut downs. Most enjoyable part of job was latching the generators to the grid for the first time after units had been down for ten years. – less
Never again, worked there 3 times each worse than previous
SENIOR CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2012
Pros: nice office and furnishings
Cons: does not properly utilize assets
Project Management shows little understanding of process, makes impossible commitments, cuts hours estimates by 50% or more.

Process Department provides impossible data.

Management thinks can solve complex and time consuming problems by throwing people at it.
Good all-around contractor
Pipe fitter/Lead man (Former Employee), Westlake, LA.September 28, 2012
Pros: good co-workers & management all-around.
Cons: low pay scale
Good co-workers& management. Good skilled workers, experienced foremans & supervisors. Determined to do the job right but safe.
Foster Wheeler was an excellent employer.
Operator I (Former Employee), Springerville, AZSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: professionalism and benefits.
The hours were long sometimes working up to 60+ hours per week. We had weekly safety meetings and was monitored continually to ensure quality work performed while following safety rules.

The atmosphere was positive with an expectation of top quality performance. This was a very positive experience, because I enjoy doing things right the first time!
Foster Wheeler is a strange place to work for.
Proposal Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: getting laid off
Some investigation need to done with the whole company, Terrible place to work for, the turn over there is horrible
Thpical day at Foster Wheeler, there is none, you learned how to apply for other jobs and try to leave Foster Wheeler.
Most of the Co-workers are good
The hardest part is working with HR, and working with the Director ove all the Admin, – more... not a supervisor to have.
Enjoyable part was when I got layed off, the working place was horrible. – less
very great company
Boiler Maker-Safety manager (Former Employee), Clinton, NJSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: great money
Cons: to much travel
I worked my way up from boiler maker to foreman to safety. this was one of the best companies i have ever worked for.
Good working conditons - Established Company
Document Controller IV- RDP (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2012
Pros: good
Good working conditons - Established Company. Co-Workers are easy to get along with. Good Hours. Some overtime.
HSE
* Successful Completion.
* Team work
Highly professonal
Project Engineer (Former Employee), ChennaiJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: empowering
Cons: not a open culture
Empowering atmosphere. Management makes quick decisions
Great EPC.
Welding And Piping Specialist (Former Employee), Barcelona, Venezuela.April 24, 2013
Great learning experience working with Foster Wheeler. Transfer og knowledge.