Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

Great Company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2016
Management provided support and help if needed, but allowed me to work independently otherwise. The general atmosphere is to treat employees as responsible professionals.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Bureaucratic, legal structure, hinders work acquisition.
Productive & nice friendly environment
Pipe Fitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXApril 4, 2016
really good learning experience, got along with all the workers, daily job tasks were usually no problem only keeping track of the routines, enjoyed working with people that are on-going very consistent and made the best of time
Pros
benefits, breaks, time management
Cons
parking
Productive days with fun
Construction Manager / Superintendent (Former Employee) –  MexicoMay 1, 2016
co -workers were great.WE had a great team work. Direct supervision was great but the upper management would listen to what needed to be done.
was great to work with them
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Brush, COAugust 26, 2016
it was a great place to work at and the crew members were awesome and the company took care of there workers really great. I would not mind going back to work for them in the future.
Pros
great pay
Cons
just night shift
Needs more projects
Document Controller IV- RDP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
Needs more projects. Was bought out because of lack of projects. moved to new location to improve perception. Good management excellent workplace.
Great place
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 20, 2016
Learned new things daily. Give you great pay and but did not get any per diem. My co workers where very down to earth people. It was enjoyable because i was learning new things. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family if i had them there with me i would have stayed on there then again they promised us perdiem but we never recieved it
Team work
Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Must be a team work enviroment to ensure any project termination within the time frame required to maximize profits to share holers.
Great Work Place
Design Drafter (Former Employee) –  Clinton, New JerseyMay 15, 2015
It is a pleasure to work for this company. Excellent benefits and team members. The company has been on a 9/80 work week meaning, 9 hours a day Monday thru Friday, with every other Friday being off.
The company has recently been bought out and job security has not been as it used to be. If you are to be hired here, you will enjoy all this company has to offer.
Pros
Benefits, exercise room, lunch break, off every other Friday.
Cons
A merger now known as a buy-out.
Learned a lot about engineering work.
Document Controller II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2016
This company bought the last one I worked for and we knew we would not be kept. I liked and enjoyed working with my co-workers, but knowing we would not be employed for long was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Considerate Managers, and every other Friday off.
Cons
Long work days Monday - Thrusday to have off on Fridays
I was contract so part of review is based on what direct hires told me
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2015
Decent benefits and management but was going through transition and was a little chaotic.

Wanted to go direct or change shops but HR would never get back with me.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Lack of communication
The Job!
Labor (Former Employee) –  Mont, TXMarch 16, 2016
Working here was great just wish i didn't get lead off because of missing days! But over all it was a great work place! Great people and etc. if i ever get a changes to work for them again i will in a heart beat!
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
some leadman shouldnt be there!
don't have a clue what they are doing
civi foreman (Former Employee) –  pdh enterprise mt. belvieuJuly 25, 2014
I was a civil superviser. They had pipe area superintendent telling civil how to do there job. No planning, no coordination between crafts. Brought in all former s b workers who had their on little click going . When I stood up for my crew who were mostly white.i was fired 3 days later by the mostly Mexican crew from S B... no help from HR they do what they are told.
Pros
decent pay. insurance after 30 days
Cons
steam room for lunch tent, upper management don't have a clue what they are doing, 5 different bosses telling you different ways to do your job, no coordination between crafts
You are a slave
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
I would work til all hours of the night at time to get projects completed because they would wait til the last minute. Now I hear that they are laying of a large number.
Production with light humor with the co-worker.
Supervisor - US and Asia (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Always work due schedule and making all the dates.
Management always make you busy with meeting and future
jobs. Visited China office and Vietnam job site total of two years. Most experience I received with Chinese and Vietnam
co-workers that help me to understanding other side of world culture. Always try to make job in budget and make the dates.
That was my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
No free lunch or coffee
Cons
Healthcare was a priority.
Microsoft Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 14, 2015
I spent many years at Foster Wheeler. I can't say enough about how much of great place to work. Loved the people I worked with as well as working under great management teams.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Consistent and independent environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work is processing new hires for safety orientations and safety base training's, issuing protective equipment, ordering protective equipment, completing expense reports and processing invoices, coordinating meetings, data entry, preparing safety documentations and reports, and supporting the safety staff on as need bases. The hardest part of my job is pulling employees away from their work assignments to take random drug screenings, they get frustrated to be pulled away, but it is necessary. The most enjoyable part of my Job is getting the opportunity to meet & interact with everyone throughout the company while promoting and supporting a safe environment and building a safe culture. I love working and interacting with people!
Hazard free enviroment with safety procedures to be followed.
Tube and Pipe Welder, X-Ray (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work consist of preparing material to be welded. There are different types of pipes materials to be fitted throughout the day by various procedures. Several materials that are use vary from stainless steel, carbon steel, c276 and chrome-molly, to name a few.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Limited health care plans
Proffesional organization
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 21, 2012
Joined company during re-commissioning of co-gen. Company held extensive training in safety, operations and maintenance. Management was experienced and well versed to meet the challenges of re-commissioning. Co-workers were worked hard to ensure the project was completed on time. The hardest part of the job was cleaning bed material from combustor furnace following improper operation and shut downs. Most enjoyable part of job was latching the generators to the grid for the first time after units had been down for ten years.
Poor Work Enviroment
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2015
Coming from an engineering background, was not impressed with Foster Wheeler at all. They did not have a clue about engineering a plant. Got out of there as fast as I could.
Pros
A job
Cons
No engineering talent
Foster Wheeler was an excellent employer.
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Springerville, AZSeptember 15, 2012
The hours were long sometimes working up to 60+ hours per week. We had weekly safety meetings and was monitored continually to ensure quality work performed while following safety rules.

The atmosphere was positive with an expectation of top quality performance. This was a very positive experience, because I enjoy doing things right the first time!
Pros
professionalism and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foster Wheeler. Our community is ready to answer.