To develop, deploy, and monitor effective Compliance/Audit/Risk programs and processes which align appropriately with regulations and the bank’s business. The position reports directly to the CEO with direct reporting to the Audit Committee Chair. This is a senior management position in the Compliance/Audit/Risk management career track. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ensures budgets, schedules and performance requirements are met. Erroneous decisions may jeopardize overall business activities. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
As Compliance Officer the incumbent is responsible for managing various administrative areas of the Bank; provides support and guidance to operational, deposit, and lending compliance efforts, committees and audits; may oversee the Bank Secrecy Act Program or act as the Bank's Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer to ensure compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis; conducts staff training related to the bank's compliance programs. The incumbent is responsible for documenting policies and procedures of the Bank.
As CRA Officer the incumbent oversees the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) program. They are responsible for reviewing and monitoring compliance with CRA rules and regulations. They review, implement and recommend changes (when needed) to the bank's CRA program; assist management and the Board with identifying and recommending solutions to help meet the housing, community development, and banking needs of small businesses and low-to-moderate income households within the bank's CRA assessment area; attends bank CRA Committee, professional/trade and community group meetings and provides assistance in CRA training to employees, management and the Board.
As Audit Officer the incumbent oversees an effective audit program, working with the Audit Committee to implement and maintain a yearly audit schedule, and select the third party auditors which must be approved by the Board.
As the Risk Officer, this person leads the organizations Enterprise Wide Risk Management Program. They are responsible for determining the key business unit risks, developing and maintaining risk control self assessments, analyzing control environments, and have a working knowledge of audit methodologies that are consistent with enterprise risk management. This includes maintaining the comprehensive risk management program and reporting and working with management and the Audit Committee to prioritize risk and legal requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts reviews and verification of records, ensuring compliance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops audit procedures and systems. Oversees audit findings and recommendations.
- Oversees internal staff assigned to Audit, Compliance, or Risk
- Manages the process for all exam finding remediation and subsequent validation and reporting to the appropriate committees or Board.
- Hires and manages all third party vendors which can provide services under the approved programs.
- Ensures that an appropriate business continuity structure is in place for ongoing support of Compliance, Risk and Audit functions
- Leads development of Risk and Control Self Assessments
- Leads quality assurance reviews and provides Risk and Control Self Assessment Analytics
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiencies in all areas
- Oversees and monitors the bank's CRA program and performance
- Main contact point for FDIC or State Examiners
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years relevant experience including 4+ years supervisory/management experience
- Experience with Financial institutions preferred
- Must be adept in Excel, Word, and other flow charting software (i.e. Visio)
- General knowledge of financial services core Lines of Business and their processes
- Strong or expert level knowledge of Enterprise-Wide Risk Management
- Familiarity with Basel II
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and present reports and presentations
- Normal office environment.
- Extended use of computer screen and repetitive keyboarding
- Frequent lifting and moving of files and boxes of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 25 pounds.
- Moderate office noise.
- Vision requirements include close, color, depth, focusing ability
Foundation Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer