Foundation for Senior Living Employee Reviews

I wouldn't want to work for this company again.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working for this company at all. My experience there was not a very good one with the management. Basically management can say anything and get away with it because it's a right-to-work state like your word against their word
Cons
Low turnover and work-life balance
Management (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
I have worked in my field for over 20 years and I have never encountered such a positive and supportive team environment like I have at FSL. Everyone pitches in to do what is best for the clients and money is never a barrier in providing what is needed for clients. Work-life balance is truly supported at this company. Clients and staff are truly cared about at this company.
Pros
supportive team enviroment, long term dedicated employees, benefits, transparent leadership
Cons
pay may be less than some competitors
great place that gives back
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
Ive met very special people at Foundation for Senior living. Every company has some bad things but overall this place was great. I enjoyed working here.
Property Management
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2017
I would had give this company a better rating if upper management would protect and fight for their managers in the field for compensation and pay. They typically pay less than $31,000 a year salary now they went to hourly and it's still below the State Average for Property Managers. And no raises to the existing managers in the field in over 12 years. We have a few managers who are over looked and way under paid in the field and job task they perform that gives this company the good name and reputation they so seemingly enjoy having. It's sad to see higher management not recognize the work and dedication these managers put out there that brings the $$$$$$$$ into the company to fuel the other programs and provide a high end living for the CEO, Higher Management and Board. Some managers do it standing alone and some have help. Overall, the environment is good the Housing Team is helpful but the lack of raises and compensation for a job well done is lacked and over do for the Housing Managers of this company!
Pros
Site manage, good people relations
Cons
Hourly
good work experiance
BHT - Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2017
Company is good many changes taking place new management lacks structure but over all its a good place to work. Currently looking for something better.
you helping a patient is rewarding
Independent living Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2017
checking with the doctor for clients wellness is a pattern of good care for the clients. I learns being "humble and lesson(s) is grand. I have learned to have a "spiritual well being" for self is caring for a client or client(s). Being willing and being positive attentiveness is what I learned. Clients are just asking for help in a "attention seeking" way. That many people need help and with their conditions. Saying "good bye" for the day is hard; but tomorrow is another day. "One day at a time" is better than many others days as promises....
Pros
a good day and a "good hug" is a good sign of "I'll be back" and will be better.
Cons
good communications, approachs and good thinking is so positive
good place to be overall
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
wide variety of programs
dedicated staff
low profile in community
great mission overall
advancement difficult
excellent facilities and maintenance folks
Pros
people
benefits
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2015
Accounting Dept like school and too many cliques. Bad money practices, and terrible management. Laid off people because company not stable enough.
Awesome place to work!
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
Working there is like working with a well organized family. My co-worker are awesome and the population that I serve is absolutely the best.
Pros
Great Pay and great team.
good place to start off
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2014
this is a good company to start of in this field but you do need to have thick skin and really care for the clients
Enjoyed my cases & pay...
vent/trach lpn (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2013
Well I was hired as a vent/trach nurse less than 2 weeks after I got my license. So I will always be grateful to them for that. But when it came to the schedule, I would always get screwed over! I gave them my availability upfront and was told no problem, that they could work with me. But when the schedule would come out, totally different...I think favoritism played a huge part in that. They should really put aside personal differences and focus on what's best for the clients.
Pros
hourly pay, ease of submitting nursing notes, responding to problem between client/nurse
Cons
scheduling
Great Comapny
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 23, 2013
Very clean and friendly facility. Patient care always came first. Friendly nurses and doctors.
great place to work
Caregiver/Behavior Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2012
I think the company was fair and treated everyone involved with respect.
Pros
free lunch, dinner or whatever the clients are eating or free food at meetings ect.
Cons
honestly i cant think of any at this time, i left the company for my own personal reasons.
Volunteer service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2012
During the 8 hours of volunteer service, It was fulfilling and i enjoyed seeing the smiles we recieved from the clients.
loved the clients
home health aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2012
It was a nice plave to work. It was only per diem so you never knew when you would or wouldnt have work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foundation for Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Foundation for Senior Living Reviews by Location