Foundation Health Partners Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Home Medical Equipment (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 15, 2017
There are no processes to follow, jobs change on a daily basis. Human Resources won't listen to how bad it is there! It is a toxic place to work. It changes you as person. Too much DRAMA!!!
Pros
Inside job
Cons
List is too long not a healthy work environment
lots of learning to be learned
Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AK 99701March 14, 2017
There is much to be learned and the staff who teach you, have a lot of knowledge to share and you walk away from the training prepared to go into the department you are assigned to further your learning. Once you master the department you are assigned to, you get crossed trained in other departments.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
limited availability for time off
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Nutrition Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoy working for this company and look forward to one day advancing in my career. I plan on working for this company for many years to come.
Excellent place to work
Health Information Medical Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 27, 2016
I have only good things to say about TVC. I worked as a HIMS clerk for 2 years and LOVED my job and working in a healthcare setting. Excellent place to work and grow.
Pros
Benefits, pay, friendly environment
Cons
N/a
Great Workplace, Great Coworkers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Family PracticeJuly 4, 2015
Love to work there but my family and I would like to relocate to Georgia.
Checking in patients, refilling medications, assisting during procedures, autoclaving, paperwork.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pto is taken for holidays
Productive positive work environment
Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 28, 2015
A typical day at work involves basic office administrative work with answering phones, filing paperwork such as registration paperwork, referrals from other medical offices, faxes and etc. Also it is a lot of interaction with people in checking in for appointments, or parcel pick up.
fun workplace interacting with children and great co-workers
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  JBER, AKMay 15, 2015
• worked in preschool room with 12:1 ratio, 22 children with 2 caregivers
• Enjoy working with kids, I was a mentor to them and they looked up to me
• Lead caregiver and I were able to build a great relationship which made the day go by smoothly as we interacted with the kids
• Hardest part was learning how to use positive guidance with children that have behavioral issues
• Management was flexible when I had appointments or training for the army
Pros
2 15min breaks during the day and 1 hour lunch
Cons
new employees in our room every week, we didnt have a set 3rd caregiver
Loved it!
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 19, 2015
I loved working for this clinic. I had a great team of people that worked in my department and we worked great together to ensure that we always got the job done.
The company encourages the employees to grow and learn with in the company.
Would definitely work for this company again.
At TVC....
Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 29, 2014
A typical day is busy with answering phones and delivering the best customer service possible to patients as they walk in. What I learned from this job was how an office structure works as prior to this position I held retail and restaurant positions. I also learned that patience is greatly needed when dealing with those who are sick but at the same time confrontational about a variety of items, such as their account with the clinic. I also learned the best ways in discussing with people when money is owed, when explaining that a provider does not have any openings until a certain time in the future as well as when people wait long times to see a provider in the waiting area. I have learned that it is important to take a step back and breathe when things get rough and stay calm at all times.
Pros
Excellent Coworkers
Great clinical laboratory
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 11, 2014
Friendly work place. A busy clinical medical facility providing full Out Patient laboratory service for patients and providers.
Gained a wealth of medical office experience
Float Medical Receptionist/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 14, 2014
Being employed by Tanana Valley Clinic was a positive experience. A typical day would be either working in medical records and/or floating to the various departments throughout the clinic. I enjoyed learning all the departments and being able to have a variety of where I may have worked every day. I love to learn and this job provided just that. The management was positive and seemed to care about the employees. I really enjoyed my co-workers and made many friends. I welcomed the opportunity to interact with patients in all the departments. I love meeting people and helping.
Loved it
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 12, 2014
Met a lot of great people working there. Would go back if we get stationed there
Great People
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 11, 2014
I am a former employee (medical assistant) who recently resigned due to a military related move. I loved working with everyone at this clinic very much. Everyone was very welcoming when I first started and by the end of my time there they were like a second family. The management has always been fair to me and kind. The providers are all great to work with and most treated me as their equal and showed trust in my work which was very rewarding. I would recommend this place for anyone to work at.
Pros
Great peoeple and management, location, beautiful/clean clinic to work in, hour long lunch
Cons
treaturous parking lot, semi-frequently short staffed
Alright
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf AFB, AkJune 14, 2013
A typical day at work was slightly easy. Everything is set to a schedule. Some days were rough when someone didn't show up to work. You have co-workers that you would get along with and some that you would much rather not entertain. Management could've been better during the time that i worked there. Some managers were one sided and once they had their mind made up about something they stuck to it without hearing what you had to say. Favoritism was shown.
Pros
Hour lunch break, pay was excellent
Engaging and friendly workplace
Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 9, 2013
A typical day at this job consists mainly of face to face interaction with clients and interaction over the phone in pursuit of scheduling appointments and taking messages for clinical. As a front office representative, I am basically the first point of contact for those who come into the clinic. I have learned plenty in the time I have been here, including keeping a level tone of voice and not engaging any arguments or negative behavior from clients, listening to what people need from us, the various programs needed to function in this job on the computer (I had never used outlook prior to this job) as well as not being intimidated by clinical staff (which I was for a time when it came to speaking with doctors). My coworkers were amazing! Very nice, friendly, and felt like a positive atmosphere. The hardest part of this job though would be speaking to angry people on the phone and maintaining my composure through the conversation. And I have learned from that, that usually by the time they got to me, they just wanted to vent frustrations about what was going on, which is something everyone needs to do from time to time. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people that I worked with. They were just amazing!
Pros
awesome healthcare, great supportive people
Great work experience, gave me goals and determination
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 31, 2013
I would assist nurses with the daily tasks of running a hospital. I would do vitals, charting, continues education classes, and provide care for numerous residents.
Rewarding job
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf AFB, AKFebruary 19, 2013
Working with children is always rewarding. the instant gratification of teaching them is amazing. I loved working here the people are amazing and nice. Would love to go back
A decent job with good pay and benefits
Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 1, 2012
My coworkers are awesome to work with and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help others. The hardest part of the job is accomodating people with appointments and messages because not everyone can be made happy. So I have learned to cope with difficult clients as well as various needed computer skills and work with microsoft office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foundation Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4