Foundation Surgical Hospital of Houston Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work.
Data Entry, 10 key Touch Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
Verifying Ins, Obtaining Authorizations Loved Working at Hospital, We worked Hard.
How to Help Patients Resolve Insurance Issues.
Hospital was Bought out. a complete Management Change They Were all Very Professional and Trained us Properly.
Coworkers we all Got along very Well.Helped Each Other Out when one had Trouble with Job Duties.
Hardest Part Was Deadlines on Insurance Authorizations.
I Most Enjoyed, the People I Met while i worked there, we Laughed Everyday.
Worst day was when Hospital File Bankruptcy, we all Lost our Jobs.
Pros
We had Employee Activies Free Lunch.
Cons
When our Hospiatl Closed its Doors.
it is a difficult place to be,with zero benefit
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working with those residents in the nursing home. they reminded me of my own parents, and that gave me the full encouragement of taken good care of them even when the management had a zero benefit, and that contributed the employees to quit very often.
Not sure what this is
Campus Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
I did not work for this company, Unless the name was changed however I love to work and am looking to do a little change in my life
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
A good Company that went wrong
SENIOR RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
This company was a good company to work for, but they miss appropriated funds and ended up in bankruptcy court. The people, on the hand were great to work with.
It's just a job
n/a (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
The company is going through a lot of changes from bankruptcy to new ownership. Now would not be a good time to come on board. No one knows what's in store.
Pros
Work life balancing is easy to manage. I don't have to take the work home with me.
Cons
Management is a joke
Love the people.
Director of Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
The Hospital is like a family, everyone sticks together. The management is great and has your back if its needed. I will hate to leave but sometimes change is good.
overall experince
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 22, 2015
My first impression was not pleasant and how it ended was not any better.

There does not seem to be much consistency with management and seem to be a lot of not being on the same page within the company. I know this is vague but I cant give specifics. however, it does have the potential of being a great place to work and I think they are attempting to move in that direction.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management, poor business relationships, no perks
Ugh
Lead Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2014
It's a great place to work. High salary, but job stability is low.
The worst hospital to work for!
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 28, 2013
University General Hospital is the absolute worst hospital to work for! Do not waste your time applying here because management is horrible, the medical staff act like they are there just to get a check, and there is no room or opportunity for advancement! You will find yourself frustrated and upset on a daily basis as you will find that a lot of people who work here are miserable! Working here was like being subjected to hard labor. Find somewhere else to go!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Low pay, bad management, high turnover
The Dr and atmosphere was amazing very friendly work enviorment
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work for me was answering phone calls, calling patients to confirm appointments, verifying insurance day of procedures, collecting patients co-pays. I did odd jobs for the office as well went to go get lunch, cleaned the kitchen area and dishes made coffee for my co-workers. I learned how to call and bill insurance companies and collect co-pays also learned how to schedule appointments, create treatment plans, verify a patients coverage, deposited checks and helped with other various activities.
Community atmosphere, positive teamwork environment
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working collaboartively with other team members and physicians to improve the delivery of quality care. Hospital management team has an open door policy. We work as a team and support one another. This job has provided me with the opportunity to actively participate in the development of several new service lines simultaneously.
Pros
Free meals, tuition reimbursement, bonus structure, excellent PTO accrual rate, free parking, employee discounts at local businesses
Cons
Commute, No sick leave or Holiday pay (must use PTO)
Fun place to work and also a productive one.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2015
It was always a joy and pleasure to be going to UGH-Dallas each morning. I learn so much about working in a environment with so many different culture. The managers cared for their employees welfare and also the employees were so upbeat and promising. The hardest part of the job was to leave for home in the evenings because when you are there it feels like we are all family and can't wait to see each other the next day.
productive,fun place to work
Student Externship (Former Employee) –  texasMay 12, 2015
great company to work for. Great coworkers. Small hospital easy to know the different departments. Management style is good, the hardest part of the job with dealing with some of the doctors,who thought they were better than everyone else.
Pros
great people
Cons
Short breaks
University General Hospital
Unit Assistant/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2014
There was no such thing as a typical day. Had daily 30 minutes with Director of Nursing for any calendar changes; meetings, etc.

- I learned that accuracy was key.
- Management was out of control which is why I resigned; manager turnover.
- I worked with CNA's, Nurses and Doctors.
- The hardest part of the job was working with the doctors and the constant changes in employees.
- The most enjoyable part of my job were the clinical meetings and taking meeting minutes.
A little hospital
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
This would be an awesome place to work but the management sucks. Its a small facility where everybody knows everybody, kinda like a little family.
Pros
Pay is excellent
Cons
No job security, poor management
3 nights-40 hours garunteed (fulltime)(weekends are a must)
Polysomnography Technician (Current Employee) –  Sleep Evaluation Center @ Baytown, TXApril 12, 2014
Most days you will work a 13 hour shift from about 5 or 6pm until about 7:20am at times. Sometimes you must be there early for overnight 13 hour EEG studies, weekends are a must when you start until weekday position opens up. (**weekends**Thursday-Saturday). Sometimes you'll work alone, I enjoy it, some do not, my opinion.. you'll get used to it and like it eventually. Hardest part of job is getting the patient comfortable and explaining what is about to happen. Co-workers are great, we help each other out in most occasions. I've learned a lot and there is many references in the lab where you can look back at if a problem strikes. The supervisor is a call away and he always picks up the phone no matter what time it is. The lab has a big kitchen, fridge and microwave to store and heat up food. Its great when you pack up your meals like myself.
Pros
3 nights-40 hours. 2 pt per tech almost always, at times 1 pt per tech
Cons
No holiday pay or sick pay must use PTO! Pay is not compatible! Must be able to run EEGs studies, work alone at times. Run 2 sleep studies + EEG!
Terrible Labratory Director!!
Laoratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
The Director for the laboratory and radiology dept. was a real jerk; he sleeps and watches movies on his laptop all day then when you talk to him about a complaint, he tells us to deal with it. He gives you the hours he wants to give you, which is little to none, and he chooses favoritism. If you're not the favorite, he could care less about you
Cons
no breaks, hard work, little pay, childish co workers, no respect
Disorganized and poor management
Medical Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
Not an ideal place to work if you value your license. Supplies needed to do job are never available and can get written up for any little thing.
fun place to work
Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2015
A pleasant place to work and the staff was easy to be around. I loved working in the surgery department. Helping the Doctors position the patients and running for supplies when an emergency arouse. Putting out fire was the highlight of my day.
Pros
Free lunch when we won events
Cons
not enough staff on busy days
Work was simple and fun
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  7501 Fannin StreetSeptember 8, 2014
The company management is terrible, went days without health insurance and other issues of that nature.

Foundation Surgical Hospital of Houston Reviews by Location