Foundation Surgical Hospital of Houston Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
i learn different diets that i didn't know about i learn how to greet patience better with special illness and i learn how to read orders and cook for bariatric patients
never worked
Never had a job (Former Employee) –  never workedAugust 30, 2017
just a student there nothing more to say. pretty good employees take care of patient good. enjoyed clinical rotation at Surgical Hospital of Houston Texas
Excellent enviroment and wonderful Coworkers
Medical Assistant- Surgery Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
I have excellent work experience working with Universal General Hospital. I absolutely love working there because every one there respected each other. Sorry they closed down.
Pros
Very clean enviroment and good pay
Cons
Went out of business
Very Productive and fun to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
A typical day was checking off Dr. orders, answering call-lights. I learned how to distinguish different diagnoses. My manager was the coolest. She believed in teamwork. The hardest part of the job was having my pay check bounce due to lack of funds from the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the staff became a bond.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Pay checks bounced
Very Professional
Front Office Administration Physical Therapy Dept. (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 24, 2017
Professional and Friendly environment to work in. The supervisors were very helpful and caring. The other staff members were always inviting and made this place a great place to work.
Fun workplace
Admitting Registrar Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2017
Loved this place!!!!! great TEAM work!! Loved the patients and the co-workers where amazing such a blessing to work with AMAZING people and an amazing management team!!
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
I loved my job as a housekeeper. I have learned alot about the family's that have been and this hospital and the struggles they have been through while working here.
Good place to work.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work. All staff worked together well. Manangement team was caring and worked as a team. Great benefits but no incentives for the employees.
Pros
flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons
Never knew when you would get laid off
Foundation Experience
Director of Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I was hired not knowing that I would be laid off so abruptly due to the bad financials. I had a great team and we had come a long way in so short of time.
Pros
Great team, good work life balance
Cons
Benefits could be better
A Great location and job
(Senior maintenance) Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
Job sites try to list the most relevant search results first, no matter when they were posted — but we at least wanted the option to sort for fresh posts so we weren’t sifting through the same jobs again and again. Even better: Sites that also let us view only the new posts since our last visit.
good experience
Clinical Dietitian Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2016
my time as a dietitian for this company was enjoyable. the only reason that I stopped the work was because I got too busy with my clinical positions. I recommend this company!
Question, Foundation surgical hospital
Potential employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
What type of drug testing do they do? Is it a 10 panel? Specifically I am looking for Buprenorphine, or Bunavail ....................................
Not sure what this is
Campus Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
I did not work for this company, Unless the name was changed however I love to work and am looking to do a little change in my life
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
it is a difficult place to be,with zero benefit
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working with those residents in the nursing home. they reminded me of my own parents, and that gave me the full encouragement of taken good care of them even when the management had a zero benefit, and that contributed the employees to quit very often.
A good Company that went wrong
SENIOR RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
This company was a good company to work for, but they miss appropriated funds and ended up in bankruptcy court. The people, on the hand were great to work with.
Awesome Place to Work.
Data Entry, 10 key Touch Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
Verifying Ins, Obtaining Authorizations Loved Working at Hospital, We worked Hard.
How to Help Patients Resolve Insurance Issues.
Hospital was Bought out. a complete Management Change They Were all Very Professional and Trained us Properly.
Coworkers we all Got along very Well.Helped Each Other Out when one had Trouble with Job Duties.
Hardest Part Was Deadlines on Insurance Authorizations.
I Most Enjoyed, the People I Met while i worked there, we Laughed Everyday.
Worst day was when Hospital File Bankruptcy, we all Lost our Jobs.
Pros
We had Employee Activies Free Lunch.
Cons
When our Hospiatl Closed its Doors.
Love the people.
Director of Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
The Hospital is like a family, everyone sticks together. The management is great and has your back if its needed. I will hate to leave but sometimes change is good.
It's just a job
n/a (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
The company is going through a lot of changes from bankruptcy to new ownership. Now would not be a good time to come on board. No one knows what's in store.
Pros
Work life balancing is easy to manage. I don't have to take the work home with me.
Cons
Management is a joke
overall experince
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 22, 2015
My first impression was not pleasant and how it ended was not any better.

There does not seem to be much consistency with management and seem to be a lot of not being on the same page within the company. I know this is vague but I cant give specifics. however, it does have the potential of being a great place to work and I think they are attempting to move in that direction.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management, poor business relationships, no perks
The Dr and atmosphere was amazing very friendly work enviorment
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work for me was answering phone calls, calling patients to confirm appointments, verifying insurance day of procedures, collecting patients co-pays. I did odd jobs for the office as well went to go get lunch, cleaned the kitchen area and dishes made coffee for my co-workers. I learned how to call and bill insurance companies and collect co-pays also learned how to schedule appointments, create treatment plans, verify a patients coverage, deposited checks and helped with other various activities.