The Foundation for Gender-Specific Medicine, Inc., is a not-for-profit organization that promotes the study of differences in the normal function of men and women and of the effect of biological sex on the expression and experience of the same diseases. For more information: gendermed.org.
The Foundation is seeking an experienced individual who will serve as the Development Director of the organization. The candidate will work closely with the founder/director in expanding the world-wide reach of gender medicine, in fundraising for the Foundation and the Columbia Center, and in planning events and programs to educate the public and professional communities about this new discipline. The successful candidate will have experience in writing convincing, clear and concise documents relevant to fund raising, mission statements, outreach appeals and lectures for the lay public. Superior and efficient organizational ability is essential.
- Research on foundations, individuals and corporations. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is desirable.
- Arant-writing and stewardship
- Donor cultivation
- Events management (including annual Gala and symposia)
- Website maintenance
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in development, including grant writing and donor cultivation.
Medical/Healthcare background a plus.
Salary is competitive and benefits are generous.