Foundations Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in United States

coworkers are nice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 21, 2016
I enjoy working with coworkers. Everyday is a different day you neve know what type of environment you are going to walk into.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
distance
professional and promotes hard work and education
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 23, 2015
Best place to work for. My work was not difficult and the pay was great. I worked as the behavioral specialist and mobile therapist.
Poorly run facility
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 2, 2015
Organization's CEO was rarely visible and involved. Mid management had too much control which ultimately resulted in a lot of turnover at entry level positions. Poor communication as well as support to entry level individuals.
Okay job, terrible company
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 23, 2015
As far as the job goes, it is a rewarding experience helping children/teens with behavioral/emotional/intellectual difficulties, even if their progress is minimal or slow.

As far as the FBH agency, it feels like you are just a number at a deli counter. There is a big distance between employees and the company itself. The office staff have no awareness of your performance, effectiveness and skill level as a TSS. All they have are your demographics on file. To get in touch with anyone from the agency is a job in and of itself. It takes a few emails for someone to get back to you and their attitude is little to be desired. They don't validate any concerns you have and are condescending in their emails. It's really easy for them to be that way when they are communicating via email from their cubicle.
There are problems with staffing TSS on cases. There are noticable gaps in employment because the agency can't keep up with all of the paperwork from incoming referrals.
Oh and if there are minor errors on progress notes and encounter forms, (the necessary documents you submit weekly in order to get paid) the agency fails to notify you of these errors before they send off the documents. Hence, you will not get paid for two weeks if you have the smallest of errors, i.e. not writing in just one date on the many sheets you are supposed to sign and fill out.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No benefits, poor communication, unstable work
More cons than pros
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 7, 2014
There were too many employees and not enough cases, you were completely disconnected from the company, a ton of expensive requirements to remain employed, no compensation for travel or any training.
I love the work I do, I hate who I do it for.
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 6, 2014
I'm constantly telling family and friends "I love the work I do, I hate who I do it for." There have been several missteps in terms of good clinical care from the higher-ups all for the sake of making more money, which is infuriating when you became a therapist because you want to help people.

The main pro at this point is this place offers a lot of clinical experience/client-contact hours needed for licensure, and the kids and families are fantastic (like really, they make all the hassle worth it). You can definitely see the progress the kids make even though you have them on your caseload for a week to four weeks at a time.

Therapists typically hold a caseload of 8-12 kids (more on the residential units because they do not run groups, family meetings are once every two weeks, and they do not deal with case management), with weekly family and individual sessions (sometimes more if you feel your client needs to be seen more often due to acuity).

Therapists also run hour long groups ranging from daily to 2 to 3 times per week depending on the level of care/unit. Therapists are responsible for all case management (ensuring appropriate aftercare appointments are scheduled) which used to be a task for case managers (a position cut from the team because of, surprise surprise, cost). Documentation of all sessions, client contact, phone calls and case management is a huge time-suck (much more intense than outpatient work because you have insurance companies wanting to do utilization review every other day).

I'd say chances for burn-out are very high. It's a very stressful job as
  more... you are dealing with life or death on a daily basis. And the higher-ups don't really do much to help with the stress. They constantly ask for you to do more, and the moment there isn't more for you to do, they ask for you to cut your own hours and pay (i.e. eat up your PTO).

Seeking to work for a non-profit company next.
Pros
good starting salary; good employees; the kids are fantastic
Cons
complete lack of supervision; profit driven at cost of good care
Working with special needs children
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Doylestown,PAMay 23, 2014
As a TSS I work with clients according to the specific treatment plan they have. I work within schools, after care programs, homes, and communities. The only time I interact with co-workers is at weekly meetings to discuss our assigned cases.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits or paid time off
Fast paced enviornment, very physical
Residential Advisor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 30, 2013
Hands on facility working with behavioral/mental health youth teenagers.
Pros
team based
Cons
physical envorinment
Great place
RN (Current Employee) –  DoylestownDecember 22, 2013
I love Foundations, great people, never had a problem and always welcomed back.
just ok.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 22, 2013
its ok, I am a tss, I work with children and their families.. I teach children and families how to better deal with their behaviors. I also implement skills that are on their treatment plans. Although, it is a little disappointing I haven't received a client.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
not getting enough clients
Great Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 2, 2013
Staff, physicians, and therapist were great to work with. STaffing sometimes short, but everyone is a team player.
It was an interesting experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 23, 2013
This was an interesting job that was great for me at the time. I learned about children, behaviors, drugs and some very unfortunate and fortunate situations. I met the greatest doctors and psychologists.
Pros
positive experience
Cons
admissions department
Globally positive and strong public presence, easy for the family to access services.
Behavior modification specialist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 3, 2013
Global presentation positive. Easy for the 'common' person or family member to review and be offered services. Numerous level's of care within the facility. Numerous levels of professional and well trained staff. A very paradoxical environment on the surface and for the 'public'.
Internally continue to use and format mental health service models from the late 1960's to mid-1970's.
Staff are typically supportive of one another and professional area's of specialties or services, but once again the 'old school' practices of the former State Hospital's and Foster Care Services in Pa still exist.
Pros
disverified professional staff. good pay for services.
Cons
continued to hold onto the 'founder's' conceptual traing and practices.
Pretty good place to work, but...
TSS (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 13, 2013
Foundations is a good place to work as a contractor, there are plenty of cases to pick up. The culture is great, there are certainly people who are into what they do and are really good at it. My only complaint is that as a contractor you get no benefits, and the health plan that is offered is unbelievably expensive. There is no way one could afford it at the rate they pay for a wraparound worker!
Flexible and helpful agency
Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 11, 2012
I was able to advance in my position within Foundations. I left as a mobile therapist working with children and adolescents.
fasle sence of upper managment doing what needs to be done. lack of understanding of departments and there functions. stay away from this facility.
Food Service Manager/Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 27, 2012
poor leadership,high turn over, lack of inter department communication.Employees in high positions talk like they know what they are doing but don't really know or cant physically back up what they say. lack of the proper training, equipment or employee staffing to produce the best practices, customer satisfaction,employee confidence in upper management a major problem there.
Cons
no employee dinning area. no caffeteria, pour transportation of food service
good
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  doylestown paJune 11, 2012
work with kids from misfortunate backgrounds helping them to excell

Comment – June 30, 2012

I have applied for a couple positions there for which I was very well qualified. In fact I had impeccible qualifications which I am sure were better than most others for the positions. I am also a bit older than their "average" applicant and am quite sure it made a major difference. Despite doing the exact position successfully at another agency I did not get one of the positions and in the second one they never responded to tell me I didn't get the job, despite my calling the interviewer several times and emailing as well. I felt that they were not taking my application seriously due to my age and were very disrespectful. They are not looking for the best candidates only those who meet certain personal profiles.

Mental Health Tech
MHT (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, paMarch 25, 2012
Run from this place. Understaffed, ***not safe***
for mental health techs or nurses. The place is hopeless, because it is a profit driven company that does not care about the safety of its employees. Very violent patients are housed with passive depressives and its just constant physical altercations between patients. The staff is constantly getting assaulted, having to go to hospital for injuries. Thats why they give you the health insurance right away.
Pros
health insurance- you will seriously need it.
Cons
too many to list.

Comment – October 19, 2012

How much is the pay...do you have the weekends off...what is a typically day like in your position? Thanks for the help in advance ;)

Comment – February 9, 2013

i was a patient there back in 2006, if your wanting a job here to help peopele then it is worth it, this place saved my life, the staff saved my life, i am now a succesfull women and mother and if it was not for the people who do this job for the simple pleasure of making a difference in a childs life i would probably be dead. staff are ignorant and mean as well, dont blame it all on the kids, the staff is at fault too because they dont care but then there ones that do care and those are the ones who job is safe! if you show you care and respect the teens no matter what kind of issues they have they willl respect you back!!!!! this is not a job for someone who is just look for money it is a job where you have to actually connect with wisguided children and help them, yes there are dangers but remember you are making a difference in someone life!!! be proud of that.