Foundations Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Welcome to the Jungle
Dedicated Aide (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 6, 2017
Very very hectic and sometimes chaotic. fast paced and also dangerous at times but i do love the work that i have been doing. feel like a impact is made
Pros
helping youth make wise decisions
Cons
Staff making program unsafe
On the way up
RN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 28, 2017
Foundations is a very challenging place to work.
The patient population is unique but incredibly rewarding, autism is just that way. The place has improved a lot since I started in 2015. The most change has been since October 2016 there have been multiple additions to the nursing team and things are defiantly on there way up. I had a different opportunity and left because my new facility is way closer to home. I would recommend Foundations as a place to work only if you are interested in working with children who have autism.
Pros
Rewarding Population, Lots of Overtime
Cons
campus layout, some staff are there for the wrong reasons
Safety Supports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 29, 2016
Supportive Administration. Friendly front line staff. Annual trainings offered to staff allowing them the opportunity for advancement within the company. Patients receive therapeutic counseling and the proper supports needed upon discharge.

I have learned how to be a great effective leader and also work with the staff utilizing each individuals strengths allowing them the opportunity to succeed.
Pros
Graet Staff
Cons
Could offer better healthcare
Great place
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 5, 2016
Great Place and great hours. Supervision once a week, collaborative approach. Work with child who range in the type of disorder they struggle with.
Bhrs
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA or Doylestown, PaSeptember 6, 2016
The BHRS program has many demands of all the staff. There's a high staff turnover and little support because most of the staff are overwhelmed and doing more than 1 position. Their expectations are not sufficent for the pay. There are other agencies that are willing to pay more, focus on treating clients instead of the paperwork.
Pros
flexible and can set your own schedule
Cons
too many demands/responsibilities, low salary, lacks quality of care for patients, high turn over rate, little sensitivity to the culture of the inner city community
Too many chiefs
MT/BSC (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 3, 2016
Treat independent contractors as employees. Management and salaried employees are always pushing tasks off to contractors who are fee for service. Many times clinicians are "working for free". Policies change constantly. Staff/management change constantly as well and are reactive and have an "us vs them" mentality rather than working together as a team. Clinical integrity is non existent. Retention of contractors is an afterthought, yet they wonder why they never have enough qualified clinicians to take cases. For people in the human service field it's amazing that management has no clue how to treat clinicians and retain quality staff.
Pros
Control over schedule
Poor Management
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 24, 2016
You do not get any backing/advice/support from management. If anything goes wrong, the management's answer is to fire someone. The company needs to look to the management and clear them out.

Upon my interview, the manager of the department told me she told the other people I was going to be working with that I was to replace one of them. Do you think they would effectively train someone they thought was there to replace them?
Pros
Area
Cons
Untrained Staff working with complex autism cases. Corporate management really doesn't care about the clients.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 12, 2016
if you look at the job postings for Foundations you'll see that they dont require people to have experience with autism to work in the autism programs. This becomes very noticeable when you see the place in action. Well-meaning staff are both untrained and unqualified to work with ASD.

The corporate management here is very detached from the day-to-day happenings and don't really seem to care as long as there's compliance with everything and billings happening correctly. Dealing with HR, the worst I've ever dealt with in any organization. Very high staff turnover
Pros
In a nice area
Cons
Autism program run by unqualified people, seems to hire anybody
Difficult to get assistance/guidance when needed
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 29, 2016
There has been a great deal of management change since I have been with the company. As a result, it was a difficult start with little guidance available.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Management is spread thin and changes frequently
coworkers are nice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 21, 2016
I enjoy working with coworkers. Everyday is a different day you neve know what type of environment you are going to walk into.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
distance
professional and promotes hard work and education
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 23, 2015
Best place to work for. My work was not difficult and the pay was great. I worked as the behavioral specialist and mobile therapist.
Poorly run facility
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 2, 2015
Organization's CEO was rarely visible and involved. Mid management had too much control which ultimately resulted in a lot of turnover at entry level positions. Poor communication as well as support to entry level individuals.
Okay job, terrible company
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 23, 2015
As far as the job goes, it is a rewarding experience helping children/teens with behavioral/emotional/intellectual difficulties, even if their progress is minimal or slow.

As far as the FBH agency, it feels like you are just a number at a deli counter. There is a big distance between employees and the company itself. The office staff have no awareness of your performance, effectiveness and skill level as a TSS. All they have are your demographics on file. To get in touch with anyone from the agency is a job in and of itself. It takes a few emails for someone to get back to you and their attitude is little to be desired. They don't validate any concerns you have and are condescending in their emails. It's really easy for them to be that way when they are communicating via email from their cubicle.
There are problems with staffing TSS on cases. There are noticable gaps in employment because the agency can't keep up with all of the paperwork from incoming referrals.
Oh and if there are minor errors on progress notes and encounter forms, (the necessary documents you submit weekly in order to get paid) the agency fails to notify you of these errors before they send off the documents. Hence, you will not get paid for two weeks if you have the smallest of errors, i.e. not writing in just one date on the many sheets you are supposed to sign and fill out.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No benefits, poor communication, unstable work
More cons than pros
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 7, 2014
There were too many employees and not enough cases, you were completely disconnected from the company, a ton of expensive requirements to remain employed, no compensation for travel or any training.
I love the work I do, I hate who I do it for.
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 6, 2014
I'm constantly telling family and friends "I love the work I do, I hate who I do it for." There have been several missteps in terms of good clinical care from the higher-ups all for the sake of making more money, which is infuriating when you became a therapist because you want to help people.

The main pro at this point is this place offers a lot of clinical experience/client-contact hours needed for licensure, and the kids and families are fantastic (like really, they make all the hassle worth it). You can definitely see the progress the kids make even though you have them on your caseload for a week to four weeks at a time.

Therapists typically hold a caseload of 8-12 kids (more on the residential units because they do not run groups, family meetings are once every two weeks, and they do not deal with case management), with weekly family and individual sessions (sometimes more if you feel your client needs to be seen more often due to acuity).

Therapists also run hour long groups ranging from daily to 2 to 3 times per week depending on the level of care/unit. Therapists are responsible for all case management (ensuring appropriate aftercare appointments are scheduled) which used to be a task for case managers (a position cut from the team because of, surprise surprise, cost). Documentation of all sessions, client contact, phone calls and case management is a huge time-suck (much more intense than outpatient work because you have insurance companies wanting to do utilization review every other day).

I'd say chances for burn-out are very high. It's a very stressful
  more... job as you are dealing with life or death on a daily basis. And the higher-ups don't really do much to help with the stress. They constantly ask for you to do more, and the moment there isn't more for you to do, they ask for you to cut your own hours and pay (i.e. eat up your PTO).

Seeking to work for a non-profit company next.
Pros
Good starting salary; Good employees; The kids are fantastic
Cons
Complete lack of supervision; Profit driven at cost of good care
Working with special needs children
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Doylestown,PAMay 23, 2014
As a TSS I work with clients according to the specific treatment plan they have. I work within schools, after care programs, homes, and communities. The only time I interact with co-workers is at weekly meetings to discuss our assigned cases.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
Fast paced enviornment, very physical
Residential Advisor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 30, 2013
Hands on facility working with behavioral/mental health youth teenagers.
Pros
Team Based
Cons
Physical envorinment
Great place
RN (Current Employee) –  DoylestownDecember 22, 2013
I love Foundations, great people, never had a problem and always welcomed back.
just ok.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 22, 2013
its ok, I am a tss, I work with children and their families.. I teach children and families how to better deal with their behaviors. I also implement skills that are on their treatment plans. Although, it is a little disappointing I haven't received a client.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Not getting enough clients
Great Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 2, 2013
Staff, physicians, and therapist were great to work with. STaffing sometimes short, but everyone is a team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foundations Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7