Foundations Behavioral Health

Foundations Behavioral Health Employer Reviews

I love the work I do, I hate who I do it for.
Primary Therapist (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good starting salary; good employees; the kids are fantastic
Cons: complete lack of supervision; profit driven at cost of good care
I'm constantly telling family and friends "I love the work I do, I hate who I do it for." There have been several missteps in terms of good clinical care from the higher-ups all for the sake of making more money, which is infuriating when you became a therapist because you want to help people.

The main pro at this point is this place offers a lot of – more... clinical experience/client-contact hours needed for licensure, and the kids and families are fantastic (like really, they make all the hassle worth it). You can definitely see the progress the kids make even though you have them on your caseload for a week to four weeks at a time.

Therapists typically hold a caseload of 8-12 kids (more on the residential units because they do not run groups, family meetings are once every two weeks, and they do not deal with case management), with weekly family and individual sessions (sometimes more if you feel your client needs to be seen more often due to acuity).

Therapists also run hour long groups ranging from daily to 2 to 3 times per week depending on the level of care/unit. Therapists are responsible for all case management (ensuring appropriate aftercare appointments are scheduled) which used to be a task for case managers (a position cut from the team because of, surprise surprise, cost). Documentation of all sessions, client contact, phone calls and case management is a huge time-suck (much more intense than outpatient work because you have insurance companies wanting to do utilization review every other day).

I'd say chances for burn-out are very high. It's a very stressful job as you are dealing with life or death on a daily basis. And the higher-ups don't really do much to help with the stress. They constantly ask for you to do more, and the moment there isn't more for you to do, they ask for you to cut your own hours and pay (i.e. eat up your PTO).

Seeking to work for a non-profit company next. – less
Working with special needs children
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), Doylestown,PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits or paid time off
As a TSS I work with clients according to the specific treatment plan they have. I work within schools, after care programs, homes, and communities. The only time I interact with co-workers is at weekly meetings to discuss our assigned cases.
Fast paced enviornment, very physical
Residential Advisor/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Doylestown, PADecember 30, 2013
Pros: team based
Cons: physical envorinment
Hands on facility working with behavioral/mental health youth teenagers.
Great place
RN (Current Employee), DoylestownDecember 22, 2013
I love Foundations, great people, never had a problem and always welcomed back.
just ok.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: not getting enough clients
its ok, I am a tss, I work with children and their families.. I teach children and families how to better deal with their behaviors. I also implement skills that are on their treatment plans. Although, it is a little disappointing I haven't received a client.
Great Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Doylestown, PASeptember 2, 2013
Staff, physicians, and therapist were great to work with. STaffing sometimes short, but everyone is a team player.
It was an interesting experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: positive experience
Cons: admissions department
This was an interesting job that was great for me at the time. I learned about children, behaviors, drugs and some very unfortunate and fortunate situations. I met the greatest doctors and psychologists.
Globally positive and strong public presence, easy for the family to access services.
Behavior modification specialist (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: disverified professional staff. good pay for services.
Cons: continued to hold onto the 'founder's' conceptual traing and practices.
Global presentation positive. Easy for the 'common' person or family member to review and be offered services. Numerous level's of care within the facility. Numerous levels of professional and well trained staff. A very paradoxical environment on the surface and for the 'public'.
Internally continue to use and format mental health service models from – more... the late 1960's to mid-1970's.
Staff are typically supportive of one another and professional area's of specialties or services, but once again the 'old school' practices of the former State Hospital's and Foster Care Services in Pa still exist. – less
Pretty good place to work, but...
TSS (Current Employee), Doylestown, PAMarch 13, 2013
Foundations is a good place to work as a contractor, there are plenty of cases to pick up. The culture is great, there are certainly people who are into what they do and are really good at it. My only complaint is that as a contractor you get no benefits, and the health plan that is offered is unbelievably expensive. There is no way one could afford – more... it at the rate they pay for a wraparound worker! – less
Flexible and helpful agency
Mobile Therapist (Former Employee), Doylestown, PADecember 11, 2012
I was able to advance in my position within Foundations. I left as a mobile therapist working with children and adolescents.
fasle sence of upper managment doing what needs to be done. lack of understanding of departments and there functions. stay away from this facility.
Food Service Manager/Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJuly 27, 2012
Cons: no employee dinning area. no caffeteria, pour transportation of food service
poor leadership,high turn over, lack of inter department communication.Employees in high positions talk like they know what they are doing but don't really know or cant physically back up what they say. lack of the proper training, equipment or employee staffing to produce the best practices, customer satisfaction,employee confidence in upper management – more... a major problem there. – less
good
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), doylestown paJune 11, 2012
work with kids from misfortunate backgrounds helping them to excell

June 30, 2012

I have applied for a couple positions there for which I was very well qualified. In fact I had impeccible qualifications which I am sure were better than most others for the positions. I am also a bit older than their "average" applicant and am quite sure it made a major difference. Despite doing the exact position successfully at another agency I did not get one of the positions and in the second one they never responded to tell me I didn't get the job, despite my calling the interviewer several times and emailing as well. I felt that they were not taking my application seriously due to my age and were very disrespectful. They are not looking for the best candidates only those who meet certain personal profiles.

Mental Health Tech
MHT (Former Employee), Doylestown, paMarch 25, 2012
Pros: health insurance- you will seriously need it.
Cons: too many to list.
Run from this place. Understaffed, ***not safe***
for mental health techs or nurses. The place is hopeless, because it is a profit driven company that does not care about the safety of its employees. Very violent patients are housed with passive depressives and its just constant physical altercations between patients. The staff is constantly getting – more... assaulted, having to go to hospital for injuries. Thats why they give you the health insurance right away. – less

October 19, 2012

How much is the pay...do you have the weekends off...what is a typically day like in your position? Thanks for the help in advance ;)

February 9, 2013

i was a patient there back in 2006, if your wanting a job here to help peopele then it is worth it, this place saved my life, the staff saved my life, i am now a succesfull women and mother and if it was not for the people who do this job for the simple pleasure of making a difference in a childs life i would probably be dead. staff are ignorant and mean as well, dont blame it all on the kids, the staff is at fault too because they dont care but then there ones that do care and those are the ones who job is safe! if you show you care and respect the teens no matter what kind of issues they have they willl respect you back!!!!! this is not a job for someone who is just look for money it is a job where you have to actually connect with wisguided children and help them, yes there are dangers but remember you are making a difference in someone life!!! be proud of that.