Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great environment
Bariatric Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 8, 2017
I would recommend working at this work place for several reasons, great pay, great benefits and very professional coworkers. Fantastic hosptial for all .
Enjoyed my employment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 6, 2017
I worked in the mother baby area. It was a happy place. I had some great friends. I loved my job. I left to do per diem and go to school full time . At times I wish Id never left there because that was a great area to work in
Pros
Good people
Cons
Weekends, holidays
Cancer Unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 26, 2017
My day started with the charge nurse giving me my assignment. I learned how to prioritize who to evaluate first. The manager was visible and ready to assist if needed. The environment was individualized. You were expected to do your job and take care of the patients. The hardest part was making meaningful relationships due to the nature of the position. The feeling of losing a love one every time someone expired. The most enjoyable part was making that connection with the patient. The patient becoming part of your family. Sharing pictures and memories together.
Pros
relationship, love, and family
Cons
relationship, love, and family
Fountain valley reg hosp
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work when I started it was doctor owned
Enjoyed working with the doctors, nurses and staff
I performed all aspects of a functioning cancer registry, abstracting, f/u, tumor boards, annual reports, surveys every three years. I loved all of it
Pros
Chef on board that make great meals
Cons
Doctors sold to a large cooperation
Ultrasound Department
Ultrasound Technologist Extern (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 28, 2017
Good staff. Learned a lot and saw a lot of pathology. Assisted the Radiologist in procedures. A lot of walking, due to being portable to the patients bedside; either in ER, Labor and Delivery, ICU, PICU, Peds, OB or inpatients. Very good experience.
Volunteer
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 13, 2017
I volunteered here. Didnt work here. great experience during high school. Easy work. No pressure. Fun and enjoyable to interact with patients. Allow you to learn how the hospital works.
Understaffed
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 25, 2017
The workplace was understaffed at the same time as being staffed by people who do not carry their own weight, Management was disconnected from issues.
Pros
Interesting work environment, good pay
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Fast paced and loved it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 28, 2017
I loved working here too. I enjoyed the fast paced and the people that I came in contact with. The hardest part is when a patient passes away. My day started at 5am was off at 2pm.
Pros
Working in the OR and ER
Cons
Patients passing away
Management is horrible
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Labor and DeliveryMay 25, 2017
Management in L&D is horrible!!!! And the administration doesn't do anything about it or about the numerous complaints. Many RN's have left due to current management and favoritism.
Benefits
Cons
It is a full day of work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 28, 2017
You help the cooks make food in your free time. All other times you fill up a cart and go to each different wing of the hospital to deliver supplies to patients
great people
Clin2 RN, PACU (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 19, 2017
All around great place to work, co-workers are great, patients are kind and appreciative. Well managed. Good benefit package. Doctors are very nice and easy to work with.
Benefits
Cons
on call hours in PACU
Fasted Paced Enviroment
ER Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 1, 2017
Excellent place to work! with excellent benefits and pay. Always under pressure and a lot of room for growth. You need to be efficient and detailed oriented.
Very busy, compensate well
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work, it is very busy, work loads are large but employees are very well compensated. People are wonderful there.
In negotiations currently for fair contract
Certified Surgical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Amazing management, great work environment, excellent patient care. Safe environment for patients. in negotiation with union contract to assist employees for better pay and more fair benefits.
Pros
amazing managment
Cons
low pay
Good Coworkers, awful management
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 24, 2017
This jobs can be fun due to great coworkers, but the job in itself if very stressful and management is very cheap. Always understaffed and overworked.
Productive and Engaging
Volunteer Activities and Organization (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 30, 2016
I been volunteering there for 6 years, while I was going nursing school. I am bilingual in Vietnamese. The community is made up of 40% Vietnamese and II was able to play a role in communication between the pt and staffs and nurses. I was able to work with the nurses during admission, helping them assess the pt.
Pros
learned a lot about hospitals policy and procedures
Cons
they don't hire new grads
These were the days that Case Managers were not appreciated by MD's.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 2, 2016
* Typical day: Receive your assignment and GO!
* Learned to accomplish the duties I least enjoyed first, the the rest of the day was cake!
* I had the best UM Director & Manager in the whole world.
* The best co-workers I've ever had.
* Hardest duties: Having to copy charts, trying to ease MD's minds that UM is not trying to direct patient care.
* Most enjoyable: Our weekly "Outlier" meeting & brain storming, this was a blast!
* Continuing education always available, usually during the lunch period.
* Superior HR Department.
Pros
Great staff, great people, UM Director was my hero.
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours in the day !
Good place to gain experience
RN Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 27, 2016
Good hospital and nursing community to navigate through your first year of nursing! The staff was very supportive and understanding of how nerve wracking being a new grad is.
Very Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CA 92708April 18, 2016
It was a very good place to learn about the healthcare industry. As a Volunteer you have the opportunity to learn what's goes around the hospital.
Pros
Lively place to Volunteer
meh
Product Management and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2016
a basic place to work and there is not very much room for growth. They usually pay less than other hospitals. Benefits are a plus, but the compensation is lower than they should be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval