Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace
Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Pinney's Beach, Nevis W.IFebruary 29, 2016
Working as a Concierge at the Four Seasons Resort was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I was able to learn so much new information. My co-workers were extremely helpful in areas where I may have been weak, allowing me to gain more knowledge and experience. Management was also very instrumental in helping me to understand the rules and protocols of the establishment. Though there were some challenges dealing with angry guests, my coworkers were very instrumental in teaching me different ways to calmly deal with them and turn their anger into happiness. I was extremely happy to be able to make people happy and to know that I played an integral role in making their vacations a delight.
Pros
Making guests happy
Cons
Extremely long hours
Excellent Environment for Seasoned and Dedicated Massage Therapist
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
The Spa at Four Seasons Atlanta is the best environment I've experienced. I've been in this profession for 20+ years. This is the only Five Star, Five Diamond Hotel in Atlanta and they offer the same 5-star service to us as we offer to our guests. This current Spa team is tight and we take care of one another during the day to be sure we offer the best possible experience for each guest. Management is sensitive to our unique profession and my relationships with people in management and my fellow therapists reflect this. The quality of my work has increased because expectations of me are high. I want this. I am motivated to do well because I am surrounded by staff who have high integrity and feel the same way. Self esteem goes up because we are surrounded by good people. You will find the employees here genuinely care about people and want to offer the best service. Employees who have a lower work ethic move along which is great for us because we get to work with the best! Opportunity to earn good tips is built into the system, of course I would like to see us receive a per service raise within the next couple of years.
Pros
Management, Quality Clients, Quality Environment, Well Established International Reputation, wonderful meal in our own restaurant each shift, matching 401k and free vacation nights in Four Seasons Hotels worldwide.
Cons
Per service income is a bit low.
Good Place to work. Family oriented enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2015
A typical day is usually a busy day. Time Management and organization is key. Preparing payroll, ordering, scheduling, ensuring daily tasks are assigned.

I have learned that although all management styles are different the end result should always be the same.

Management & Coworkers work best when all parties are honest with one another holding each other accountable about all things pertinent to the job and the results that should be achieved.

The hardest part of the job would be juggling the schedule around everyone's personal preferences while maintaining business demands.Trying to maintain work/life balance

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the perks.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Turkey Give aways
Fast-paced, exciting hotel with friendly guests and co-workers
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced for a hostess. You must make yourself constantly available for you guests. You must also make sure that you have all material ready for the servers and yourself to begin the shift.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly guests, friendly work environment
Cons
No work/life balance, no advancement.
Salary is to low
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 24, 2016
Worked there and the amount of work you do is not worth the money you get paid. They want you to do all this work and hardly get paid for it. It is one of the lowest paid jobs in the nursing field. I was really disappointed in the amount of pay offered. And the other workers there said that they haven't got a raise in over two years.
Pros
Quick Hire
Cons
Amount of pay
Do not expect to advance or have a life
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
Worst work/life balance ever. 7-10 days in a row with one day off in between. Management does not respect employees. I would never recommend working in this hotel.
It was a fun and organized place until new owners took over
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2015
My day consisted of helping and caring for students in the room I was assigned to. Cleaning and helping the teacher with assignments.
While I was employed at four seasons daycare I learned patience and how to really care about the toodlers and their well being. The management was great and the hardest part of my job was leaving work because I really missed the children. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the children and the teacher in my room.
Pros
Cons
no health care benefits, pay wasn't enough, new management
Generally good place to work
Communications Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
My time thus far at the Four Seasons has been a great learning experience. While for me, work-life balance was a bit challenging, I had to consistently remind myself that the hotel industry operates 24/7 and not much can be done about that. The company selects their employees very carefully though a rigorous interview process, so you can count on enjoying the time you spend with your fellow co-workers. Overall, it is a great place to work. However it is simply not the industry for myself, personally.
Pros
Free lunch, employee comp nights at any Four Seasons, insurance, upbeat work environment
Cons
Very short breaks, inconsistent schedules, corporate streamlining that affects employees
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant to Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2016
One of the best hotels. Management and coworkers are top notch. Wonderful corporate culture and team work. Beautiful hotel that provides world class service to guests.
Great company, work environment varies depending on location
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I learned a lot about product knowledge, hotel culture, and customer service. I enjoyed interacting with different guest from various backgrounds and countries.
Pros
Great perks and benefits.
Cons
Extremely stressful and difficult guests.
Top Notch
Bellman (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 26, 2015
Everything from the bottom up was beyond expectations for employees and guests. Management was hands on yet gave you the freedom to do your job. Awesome work atmosphere, very friendly co workers. Training was extremely thorough and helpful towards the job. Co workers were team players constantly helping out each department and other staff members. Advancement was hard due to the volume of candidates for positions but they recognized jobs well done and wages reflected that.
Pros
Great property, great management, great environment, awesome co workers.
Cons
Hard to advance
Good job to supportt yourself while you're going to school.
Security Agent / Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2016
Great people, good food and nice union benies.

Frequent turnover in upper management. GM keeps changing and each brings their own vision and interpretation of the Four Seasons culture and label.

Paid lunches, paid breaks, free hot meals, free uniform laundry services.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner. Paid 30 min lunch and two 15-min breaks.
Cons
Unless you want to have a career in hospitality/tourism, skills not relevant to other industries to pad your resume.
Review
Garde Manger (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy working with my coworkers, we are a great team. The part I don't like about my job is that I am responsible about timely parties and we don't have enough workers so I work extremely hard and with a lot of stress to achieve it.
I learn something new every day, life is a constant learning and love it. I have very good relationship with everyone.
I would like to work for vegetarians or vegans. I don't eat animals but I also would like don't have to cook them
Pros
safety, free and good lunch, vacations.
Cons
The balance between work and personal life
very draining long hours takes the enjoyment from working
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2016
Worst company ever to work for.. They dont teach you to do the proper duties or the manager doesnt help or take the time to give direction what needs to be done. Managers dont lead by example always work harder never smarter always over working them. Managers are bad on listening and taking care of there employees when they have a situation that needs be fixed.. No communication alot of favoritism in this company. only good thing is free food .. After 2 years being open you think they would have a system to run things smoothly.. Its very stressful environment to work for.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over work you, always work harder never smarter worst company and everyone is cocky no one ever leads by example
poorly managed
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 25, 2015
After many years of employment, never had a review, never had a raise, hours were cut randomly. A stream of bad management, and an unavailable owner.
Great place to work at
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 21, 2016
A typical day at a BW Four Seasons is challenging, but the best feeling at the end when you meet the guest expectation.
You learn something new everyday this is one of the things that makes it the best place to work you never get bored.
Management is the best well at least I can say that for the Four Seasons I work for we have the best GM he is humble kind and always there if you need him no matter what position you hold he treats all employees equal.
My co-workers are friendly and always help each other.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to please the guest when it is for reasons that are out of your control.
Pros
Free lunch, clothes dry cleaning and great area.
Cons
My commute
Productive and fun workplace.
OJT amenity runner/private bar attendant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach FLorida, USAJuly 17, 2016
They treat students/OJT as their own pride and they assign duties and responsibilities to us as what the other regular employees do because they give their trust to us without any exception. They don't see us just a student but their co-worker too. They all commend Filipino OJT coming that works in their company. People there are all welcoming and easy to be with.
Pros
Free meals all day, shower, discounts and uniform laundry
Cons
N/A
Best Company In The World!!!!
SA/Runner/Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103July 9, 2016
They fired over 300 employees while selling the Philadelphia location, and every one of us still loved them. The opportunities available to you at any location are endless. I really feel as if I was forged here. It was like a whole other world inside that place. I would love for another chance to work for them if it were only a day.
Pros
Fantastic pay, benefits, and overall vibe. They know what they are doing.
Cons
...they fired all of us... but that's ok!
Wonderful Work Environment
Assistant Spa Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Working for the Four Seasons for 15+ years was the best working experience.
It is like a family. Working with people from all over the world and learning about different cultures was extremely enjoyable.
A typical day included overseeing the overall operation and ensuring the standards were met at all times. All financial reporting and adhering to and meeting the budget.
Upper Management was always supportive and provided valuable feedback to ensure your success. There was always a mentor program and open door policy.
I greatly enjoyed with working guests and ensuring we exceeded their expectation. The Four Seasons Culture allows you to learn and grow as an individual.
Pros
Free lunches and great benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Unique
Private Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2016
My opinion is best served in talking about what I have learned at Four Seasons. This job has changed me in ways I never thought I could. I became comfortable with myself because everyone else was comfortable with me. I also learned to communicate well with each and every guest I have spoken. Speaking to over a thousand guests, I have leaned to accommodate to each guest and communicate in a way where they are comfortable. I feel like I have become a much more outgoing person and for this I am very grateful.
Pros
Lunch is provided, There are various benefits with room to grow, The hours are great and they respect you, There is good camaraderie

4.3