Four Seasons Employee Reviews in United States

Didn't like it
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
The managers were very unprofessional , the environment just wasn't for me. The electronic boards were cool
Pros
Easy boards
Cons
Staff
Very dynamyc and supportive enviroment to work.
Director of Club Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great overall enviroment with a strong culture. The people there are second to none and the benefits are better than most hotel companies.
Friendly staff with positive environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 18, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming and is always to help out anyone in need. The general manager is very nice and respectable and very easy to talk to. Overall management and staff are great!
Pros
Free meals, friendly staff, and good environment
Productive and fun workplace.
OJT amenity runner/private bar attendant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach FLorida, USAJuly 17, 2016
They treat students/OJT as their own pride and they assign duties and responsibilities to us as what the other regular employees do because they give their trust to us without any exception. They don't see us just a student but their co-worker too. They all commend Filipino OJT coming that works in their company. People there are all welcoming and easy to be with.
Pros
Free meals all day, shower, discounts and uniform laundry
Cons
N/A
Getting to meet new people
Shampoo Technician in Hair Salon (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
Great, fun, and friendly, work environment. Fast paced. Which, is a positive for me. Down time is something I did not have to worry about. Being able to meet new people and clientele was the best part. People from all over the world stay at the four season. So, you get to experience that in the work environment.
Pros
Fast paced. Provided a new experience everyday
Cons
Co-workers can be catty
Not a Great Place to Work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wailea, HIJuly 11, 2016
Unfortunately the Four Seasons touted golden rule is not embraced by at this property. The mantra should be CYA.
There are not enough employees in management support positions and when someone leaves they are not replaced, the work load is simply left for someone in a related role to manage. Hence, one person ends up doing the job of two but not compensated for it. I feel the young and eager MIT's are exploited to the point of meltdown or exhaustion, given far too much responsibility in an effort to cut costs of rehiring. The pressure is always on there's a constant hysteria amongst management that flows down through the organization regarding the 'owners' perceptions and profit, this makes employees feel that they could be fired at any moment and there is little to no acknowledgement of employee contributions. You literally feel like a number... because that's all you are. There is no such thing as work-life balance and the atmosphere is more of a 'misery loves company' vibe where everyone kind of hates their job and effect it's had on their lives but carries on stoically. If you do try to focus on more of a work-life balance you are labelled as a slacker and you will not advance in your position.
Pros
Free lunch, comp nights at other properties
Cons
No work life balance
Best Company In The World!!!!
SA/Runner/Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103July 9, 2016
They fired over 300 employees while selling the Philadelphia location, and every one of us still loved them. The opportunities available to you at any location are endless. I really feel as if I was forged here. It was like a whole other world inside that place. I would love for another chance to work for them if it were only a day.
Pros
Fantastic pay, benefits, and overall vibe. They know what they are doing.
Cons
...they fired all of us... but that's ok!
Good
Assistant Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  NevisJuly 6, 2016
The Four Seasons is a great place to work and it offers persons that are hard working and determined good career opportunities.It is still the best company i heve worked for.
Review
Garde Manger (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy working with my coworkers, we are a great team. The part I don't like about my job is that I am responsible about timely parties and we don't have enough workers so I work extremely hard and with a lot of stress to achieve it.
I learn something new every day, life is a constant learning and love it. I have very good relationship with everyone.
I would like to work for vegetarians or vegans. I don't eat animals but I also would like don't have to cook them
Pros
safety, free and good lunch, vacations.
Cons
The balance between work and personal life
Fun work Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
you get to work with other people that need you to care for them. i loved it. Pay is ok. If you are a peoples person then this job is for you.
Advancement
Manager In Training, Front Desk Agent, Concierge (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 28, 2016
This company has wonderful growth opportunities! The MIT program is known for producing experienced and motivated managers for the future of the company.
Great Company
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2016
This is a wonderful company. I would recommend it to anyone who desires a job in the hospitality industry. All of the employees are very happy there.
A fun place to work that appreciates employees
UNIFORM ATTENDAANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2016
This is a job I loved. Got the opportunity to advance into another position and the employer often held events to make employess happy to come to work,
Pros
CLEAN UNIFORMS, LUNCH PROVIDED
Cons
NONE
work is rough
Banquet Steward (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2016
Its a rough job that requires a lot of your time and the scheduling is unfair and not at all full time. it really is hard to get hours and its not at all fun.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
scheduling and seniority
Productive & Constant Growing Company.
Guest Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
During my time with the Four Seasons Austin, I have been able to fine tune my skills in sales, client relations, management, client services and many others. The Four Seasons has truly been a humbling and growing experience.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Dont work here unless you have to.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHMay 17, 2016
If you can get past being watched 24/7. and not getting breaks or being allowed to sit down its not so bad. The coworkers are great once you get past their walls.
Pros
Free non energy drinks.
Cons
No breaks, Watched on cameras
No Advancement
Server Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
Enjoyed the Staff and learned a great deal about Restaurant Management. Was unable to go Full Time for less wages. The most enjoyable part was working in the kitchen and helping prep the bar.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Amazing Managment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMay 2, 2016
Four Seasons in Vail Colorado is a great place to work. Management is friendly, approachable and cares about employees that work there.
Very professional, but fun atmosphere to work in.
Registered Dietitian and Chef (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2016
Very organized company. Very generous to employees. Customer service is highly valued. An employees expertise is valued. Some stress dealing with high profile clients.
The Best Company I have worked for
Room Service Server, Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2016
Excellent in every way, they treat the employees like family.
Great benefits and great life - work balance.
The pay is great and you learn a lot in the training they provide you.
Pros
benefits, treatment
Cons
holidays to work

4.3