Four Seasons Employee Reviews

exciting and multi-cultural place to work and gain lots of experience
Laundary Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2017
My typical work day was coming in doing inventory, emptying karts to put clean laundry on floors, cleaning up my work station, and sorting laundry in back room. I learned that being on time is a major part in moving up in this company, and keeping a positive attitude is a must in hospitality, along with any other job. Also being the first female in my position at this company made me much stronger, open minded, and able to take criticism. The management were very nice and accommodating to any problems or needs. I worked around a lot of different ethnicity and races so I have a good understanding of adapting to different cultures and people. The hardest Part of this job was moving karts to loading dock by myself, some days I had a male working along side me. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my peers.
Pros
free lunch, worked in the back
Cons
short breaks, hard labor, some weeks no days off.
Great People but lack great management
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Great at creating a cohesive team that comes together and always has your back to accomplish the impossible. Management could be better trained to their positions, listen to line employees requests and often lack the focus and get in the way of making this company great.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good benifits
Cons
Long hours, labor intensive
Good job to supportt yourself while you're going to school.
Security Agent / Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2016
Great people, good food and nice union benies.

Frequent turnover in upper management. GM keeps changing and each brings their own vision and interpretation of the Four Seasons culture and label.

Paid lunches, paid breaks, free hot meals, free uniform laundry services.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner. Paid 30 min lunch and two 15-min breaks.
Cons
Unless you want to have a career in hospitality/tourism, skills not relevant to other industries to pad your resume.
Could be a great place if management was more professional
Communication Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Management only criticizes you but doesn't give you good feedback if you've done something right. Human Resources is unprofessional by giving attitude when you request something simple like a letter of employment. They do no give the tools needed to do the job and criticize you when something fails. Some managers appear to be high on drugs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Comp nights are hard to come by, no room for advancement
Amazing Company
In Room Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 17, 2017
Great Company with opportunity for advancement if you're wiling to work hard, put in the time, and go the extra mile. Excellent life long mentors, and friendships established here.

Takes great care of its guests, and its employees. Truly becomes a second family and a second home.

Thankful for all of my time with this company, and for everything I have learned.
It was a great experience working at Four Seasons Atlanta
Lead Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
A great company to work for Management , one of the best in the city.. The management maintains best customer service experience and a conducive work environment. Benefits one of the best within competition. Always thrive for the best and threats employees with dignity and respect.
Fantastic company to work for
Banquets head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2016
This is the best company I have work for, great benefits and great opportunities to move up.Management was great , with a lot of respect , regardless of your nationality of religion or race.
I learned a lot in this company and I progressed a lot.
Not a Great Place to Work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wailea, HIJuly 11, 2016
Unfortunately the Four Seasons touted golden rule is not embraced by at this property. The mantra should be CYA.
There are not enough employees in management support positions and when someone leaves they are not replaced, the work load is simply left for someone in a related role to manage. Hence, one person ends up doing the job of two but not compensated for it. I feel the young and eager MIT's are exploited to the point of meltdown or exhaustion, given far too much responsibility in an effort to cut costs of rehiring. The pressure is always on there's a constant hysteria amongst management that flows down through the organization regarding the 'owners' perceptions and profit, this makes employees feel that they could be fired at any moment and there is little to no acknowledgement of employee contributions. You literally feel like a number... because that's all you are. There is no such thing as work-life balance and the atmosphere is more of a 'misery loves company' vibe where everyone kind of hates their job and effect it's had on their lives but carries on stoically. If you do try to focus on more of a work-life balance you are labelled as a slacker and you will not advance in your position.
Pros
Free lunch, comp nights at other properties
Cons
No work life balance
Great place to work, knowledgeable people, very good management, treat employees as a person and not just a number, decent benefits and pay
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Gilberts, ILDecember 1, 2016
All Talk and No Action
In Room Dining Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COOctober 22, 2016
I moved from another state and left another major hotel compamy, for an opportunity with this company, only to be extremely disappointed. In every interview I explained that I wanted to work for the Four Seasons because I had heard from previous employees about their impeccable training which lead to award winning service for their guests. I did not have that experience.

I trained for my position by following a coworker around for 3 days, and then I was put on my first shift alone with my personal journal full of notes (thankfully I had the sense to bring my own journal for any notes I might need to take at any time). Within my first two weeks I was being scheduled the busiest shifts without any help from my manager. She would often come in hours late and then disappear for extended periods of time. Some days I would be scheduled to be the In Room Dining Supervisor AND the Server. Sometimes the managers would forget to schedule a supervisor with the servers. Sometimes our servers would be scheduled in similar departments without any training. When I would make a mistake, I would be pulled aside and told that I needed to try harder to do better. When I responded by explaining that I was doing everything I could think of to do my best, I was told I needed to figure it out and that they had given me plenty of resources. A manager who was around would have been nice. Within six months I left. It was devastating to be so disappointed in a company that I thought would be my career company. I have never regretted leaving.
Pros
Pay, pto, benefits
Cons
Lack of training, lack of support, long hours
Hostile environment in the spa
SPA ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Most departments in the hotel have friendly co-workers but not in the spa department. In the spa department the other employees spoke to me in a derogatory manner. They were so mean and honestly even made me cry. I was so surprised because HR kept saying how everyone is nice. They don't work in team and always come into work with a bad attitude. They hate their jobs. Spa management does do anything. They never help or check up on the team. You will barely seen them on the floor.
Pros
Free lunches. Comp hotel stay.
Cons
Hostile environment in the spa. Lack of human in humam resources. Not a real open door policy.
Best Company In The World!!!!
SA/Runner/Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103July 9, 2016
They fired over 300 employees while selling the Philadelphia location, and every one of us still loved them. The opportunities available to you at any location are endless. I really feel as if I was forged here. It was like a whole other world inside that place. I would love for another chance to work for them if it were only a day.
Pros
Fantastic pay, benefits, and overall vibe. They know what they are doing.
Cons
...they fired all of us... but that's ok!
Productive & Constant Growing Company.
Guest Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
During my time with the Four Seasons Austin, I have been able to fine tune my skills in sales, client relations, management, client services and many others. The Four Seasons has truly been a humbling and growing experience.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Generally good place to work
Communications Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
My time thus far at the Four Seasons has been a great learning experience. While for me, work-life balance was a bit challenging, I had to consistently remind myself that the hotel industry operates 24/7 and not much can be done about that. The company selects their employees very carefully though a rigorous interview process, so you can count on enjoying the time you spend with your fellow co-workers. Overall, it is a great place to work. However it is simply not the industry for myself, personally.
Pros
Free lunch, employee comp nights at any Four Seasons, insurance, upbeat work environment
Cons
Very short breaks, inconsistent schedules, corporate streamlining that affects employees
Excellent place to work
Catering Sales and Banquets Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
The Four Seasons is an outstanding hotel company to work for. The employees and management team are exceptionally knowledgeable and very passionate about their job. During my Internship I learned a lot about the Catering, Sales, Marketing, and Banquets departments.
Pros
Free meals provided during shift
Cons
My Internship was too short
Great friendly environment
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2016
I loved working for this company. They are and always will be my second family. Great benefits package. A lot of growth opportunities within the company. Overall a very good company
Horrible job
Linen Runner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2016
This job was horrible! I was there for about 4 or 5 months and when the houskeeping director left it all went down hill. The management treat linen runners bad. You will be the only linen runner and they will work you like none other. You will have to do 9 floors on each side by yourself. All the sheets and towels. You work by your self and they force you to do over time if you cant finish everything
Pros
Free lunch and good starting pay.
Cons
Management, no home life, treat you like dirt
Four Seasons is a great opportunity for travel and advancement.
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kona, HIJanuary 12, 2017
Four Seasons is designed to give employees advancement opportunities in all areas of the company along with opportunities to move, live and work all over the world.
productive ,fun , enjoyable atmosphere
Bartender, Barback, Server, Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Learned quite a lot from working here. I had a blast with all of my colleagues, and enjoyed the management team very much. Would love to possibly work with this team again in the future.
The culture of this hotel is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. Very difficult to be regonized or promoted within.
Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2016
Analyzing and reviewing reports, employee briefings for job assignment and addressing problems or concerns. Managed department and capital budgets, made cost effective assignment decisions. Responsible for getting things done by planning and organizing. Focus on tasks which have deadlines. I like to work with my staff and other department employees, listen and resolve any disputes. We didn't have enough staff to get everything done and was postponing the less important tasks. The coworkers worked fast and we manage to keep everything running smoothly. Working with my staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3