Four Seasons Employee Reviews

free stays at other Four Seasons Hotels
Head Concierge & Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2017
Good place to start a career. Four Seasons promotes from within, offers free lunch, free dry cleaning of uniforms, 401K, ample vacation and free stays at other Four Seasons. It was an excellent experience. Because of the people you meet from all over the world and daily tasks you leave ready to tackle the world.
Pros
employee cafeteria offering free lunch, free stays at other Four Seasons Hotels
Cons
work life balance
Hostile environment in the spa
SPA ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Most departments in the hotel have friendly co-workers but not in the spa department. In the spa department the other employees spoke to me in a derogatory manner. They were so mean and honestly even made me cry. I was so surprised because HR kept saying how everyone is nice. They don't work in team and always come into work with a bad attitude. They hate their jobs. Spa management does do anything. They never help or check up on the team. You will barely seen them on the floor.
Pros
Free lunches. Comp hotel stay.
Cons
Hostile environment in the spa. Lack of human in humam resources. Not a real open door policy.
Great company, depending on your direct managers
Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2017
Four Seasons is the best in the hospitality business. They hire top talent and compensate accordingly. This makes it highly competitive and only a small percentage will move up in the company. Promotions are based on who you are friends with rather than experience, education, or even performance reviews. This company is great for single people who don't mind the lack of work/life balance and the long hours. Those with families don't usually stay with the company for long. The compensation, benefits and experience gained make employment here worthwhile even if just as a stepping stone towards better opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel nights
Cons
Work/life balance, management
Could be a great place if management was more professional
Communication Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Management only criticizes you but doesn't give you good feedback if you've done something right. Human Resources is unprofessional by giving attitude when you request something simple like a letter of employment. They do no give the tools needed to do the job and criticize you when something fails. Some managers appear to be high on drugs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Comp nights are hard to come by, no room for advancement
Great work environment, good place to learn and expand your career
COMMUNICATIONS AGENT (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJanuary 12, 2017
My Job here was communicating with others my whole 8 hour shift (guest, future guest, department managers, co-workers from all departments in resort,etc).
Typically it was a very good work environment co-workers and managers were respectful to one another. Every single day i learned something new, I feel like the best part about my job was being able to interact with so many different individuals and learning different things from them.
Pros
free lunch
Great co-workers, poor management, great experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2017
The culture among peers is very positive. Managers do execute their duties and depending on the are you work in you may experience a more hostile manager which isn't rare in hospitality. The four seasons does provide opportunities for you to make more money by being able to work or cover in other areas.
Pros
free lunch, can pick up extra work
Cons
hostile management
Fun and rewarding work place
Am/Pm Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2017
A Sunday would be a crunch day and every one would be rushing around to get finish of course it would be a big check out day and when one got finish they would help the next person until we all was done great place to work if I'm not working when the new building over the new Comcast building open up look forward to putting in a application
Pros
free and good lunches
Cons
closed down to soon
Wonderful work motto
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 12, 2017
The Four Seasons is a great place to work. It's where people come to vacation. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. The motto there is to treat others as you want to be treated and it is very highly suggested to chat up your co-workers. Unfortunately the hotel isn't the most busy so it's either feast or famine as far as work schedule.
Pros
Comp nights at other 4 seasons hotels, free meals
Amazing Company
In Room Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 17, 2017
Great Company with opportunity for advancement if you're wiling to work hard, put in the time, and go the extra mile. Excellent life long mentors, and friendships established here.

Takes great care of its guests, and its employees. Truly becomes a second family and a second home.

Thankful for all of my time with this company, and for everything I have learned.
Excellent place to work
Catering Sales and Banquets Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
The Four Seasons is an outstanding hotel company to work for. The employees and management team are exceptionally knowledgeable and very passionate about their job. During my Internship I learned a lot about the Catering, Sales, Marketing, and Banquets departments.
Pros
Free meals provided during shift
Cons
My Internship was too short

Want to know more about Four Seasons?

Ask a question
Nice company to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2017
Long term amazing company to work for. They take care of the full time employee's, make sure you have a future with them, offer transfers and offer amazing benefit to full time and part time employee's.
Pros
Flexibility, Long term Staffs.
Cons
For those that want in and out quick easy money, this is not the place for you. It's more about dedication and loyalty.
Great People but lack great management
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Great at creating a cohesive team that comes together and always has your back to accomplish the impossible. Management could be better trained to their positions, listen to line employees requests and often lack the focus and get in the way of making this company great.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good benifits
Cons
Long hours, labor intensive
The culture of this hotel is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. Very difficult to be regonized or promoted within.
Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2016
Analyzing and reviewing reports, employee briefings for job assignment and addressing problems or concerns. Managed department and capital budgets, made cost effective assignment decisions. Responsible for getting things done by planning and organizing. Focus on tasks which have deadlines. I like to work with my staff and other department employees, listen and resolve any disputes. We didn't have enough staff to get everything done and was postponing the less important tasks. The coworkers worked fast and we manage to keep everything running smoothly. Working with my staff.
It was a great experience working at Four Seasons Atlanta
Lead Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
A great company to work for Management , one of the best in the city.. The management maintains best customer service experience and a conducive work environment. Benefits one of the best within competition. Always thrive for the best and threats employees with dignity and respect.
Fun working environment
Pool Attendant/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
The staff was fun to work with, management was on top of it. The pool was well organized and everyone had great communication. The pool area was extremely hot during the summer months as the windows from Mandalay bay would beam right down onto our pool.
Pros
fun, great compensation
Cons
really hot
Meh
Guest Relations Officer Seattle, WA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to stay-- not a great place to work. Terrible manager and threatening work environment. Just say yes and keep your head down if you're into that. Rated best spot in the nation but even the view is behind a gross electrical plant and everyone that stays here is miserable.
Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2016
My market was East Coast and London. I past all revenue goals by 106% my first year with the company. Offering our clients Five Star service. I worked closely with the World Wide Sales Office to close business and to cultivate new client relationships.
Pros
Selling the Number one hotel in San Francisco with a great chain of hotels
Cons
Work balance life. To achieve the revenue goals it required me to work 50 to 60 hours a week.
Horrible job
Linen Runner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2016
This job was horrible! I was there for about 4 or 5 months and when the houskeeping director left it all went down hill. The management treat linen runners bad. You will be the only linen runner and they will work you like none other. You will have to do 9 floors on each side by yourself. All the sheets and towels. You work by your self and they force you to do over time if you cant finish everything
Pros
Free lunch and good starting pay.
Cons
Management, no home life, treat you like dirt
Pool and beach
Waiter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jumira beachJanuary 9, 2017
1- responsible for offering guests of the restaurant an enjoyable,expert served beverage and food experience.
2-responsible for setting up tables,serving food and beverage to guests and clearing/cleaning tables.
3-offering wine and beverage comparing with food.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hour
exciting and multi-cultural place to work and gain lots of experience
Laundary Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2017
My typical work day was coming in doing inventory, emptying karts to put clean laundry on floors, cleaning up my work station, and sorting laundry in back room. I learned that being on time is a major part in moving up in this company, and keeping a positive attitude is a must in hospitality, along with any other job. Also being the first female in my position at this company made me much stronger, open minded, and able to take criticism. The management were very nice and accommodating to any problems or needs. I worked around a lot of different ethnicity and races so I have a good understanding of adapting to different cultures and people. The hardest Part of this job was moving karts to loading dock by myself, some days I had a male working along side me. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my peers.
Pros
free lunch, worked in the back
Cons
short breaks, hard labor, some weeks no days off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3