Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Turndown Attendant, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HISeptember 30, 2013
My typical day at work would be going into work early, getting ready, getting something to eat, and hearing our briefing from our housekeeping managers. Then going out into our area and starting our job. I have learned many thing's at Four Seasons. I learned how to clean rooms in a timely manner. I didn't do the whole cleaning set-up, just a fast sweep of the room to clean, and organize the guetst thing's. I also learned how to work things out on a iPod for the job. I also learned how to fold a towel in a different style.
The management team was really friendly and supportive in what they did. They always did there job well, and always tried there hardest to get there work done and to also help us out when we needed it. They were also fun to be with. They were the kind of managers that were stern, but were nice to be around.
My co-workers were really friendly. They always helped when help was needed. They were always in happy and high spirits when coming into work and also leaving. They were always a joy to be around.
I would say the hardest part of the job would be making the couches into beds. Not the pull out one because they were easy, but the one's where we had to make. I wonder why they don't just make the putt out beds. They look nice, and there easier on the workers.
I would think that the most enjoyable part of the job was being with the co-workers. I am a very shy person. So being with them and opening up was making the job more happier. Also, making the guests happy. Seeing them happy was probability one of the enjoyable parts because I felt like I did something good.
  more... Like I made someone happy today. I didn't really care for the tips, I was just happy thinking about how the guests would feel when they come back to a clean room.  less
Pros
free lunch, and dinner, internet use, locker room and showers.
Cons
having to clean the rooms in 10 minuets. we should of had 15 minuets.
Ok if your willing to brown nose your way to the top.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  300 S Doheny Dr. Los Angeles CaOctober 16, 2012
Overall the guests and co- workers (line staff) are wonderful. Great all around teamwork and the guests really make you want to work. Management on the other hand rules this place with an iron fist. During busy days (120% occupancy) the GM parks his Bently Valet and expects it to be up at the front drive ASAP. What about the waiting guests that you say you love so much? He can also be caught around award season drinking, not tiping and not helping with anything other than trying to become HOLLYWOOD.

HR is located in the hotel which is a good thing if you had a problem that you wanted to address but, HR and upper management take lunch together, go out for drinks after work and attend eachothers family functions. (I always was told HR is supposed to be a 3rd neutral party)

Promotions are odd. If a director position is available it will be awarded to some one transferring in who knows nothing about your hotel and not to old joe whos been there for 30 years and knows the place like the back of his hand. If you are looking for a promotion you should be well connected due to the fact that your exceeding performance isn't enough.

Benifets are good, Dental and health. You are also offered complementary night at other hotels. Seems like a good idea until you find out that A) you cant get your days off because your working split days and manager/supervisor wants those days off and B) Someone else got your hotel stay because they know someone higher up than you.

I do NOT recomend this hotel for anyone who wants to work in the hotel business.
Pros
free lunch, comp nights(if you can ever get approved) great guests
Cons
hr and managers are best friends, gm blinded by the hollywood lights.
Very fast pace and work is non-stop.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2012
My typical day at work consisted of executing various tasks that were specific for the orders that were at hand. I performed various positions so I learned to look for ways to integrate different food preparation methods in order to increase my production efficiency. My executive chef was relatively new to the position and was young compared to common luxury hotel kitchen heads. As a result, he often panicked and occasionally lost control of the staff. He was, however, very open to fresh ideas and encouraged creativity on the crew's part whenever appropriate. Having him as a supervisor enabled me to embrace my own ideas without forgetting that I am heavily accountable for my actions. This experience enhanced my decision-making skills as well as my ability to recognize specific work-related situations.
The hardest aspect of the job in the kitchen was the schedule as I had to spend many of my holidays at work. Sometimes, we had to work all day and in some cases, overnight. On the other hand, the most enjoyable parts were having the opportunity to interact with people who shared the same passion for food and working at a really fast pace while keeping product quality well above the standard.
Pros
free food, set schedule
Cons
working every holiday (thanksgiving, christmas), night/overnight shifts, compensation
Excellent customer service and great opportunities
Pool Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job as a pool hostess at Four Seasons was meeting all the interesting people that were traveling through. I also enjoyed all the people I worked with. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job. They also made the day easier and go by faster because we all worked together and had a great time doing so.
The difficult part of my job was having to work outside due to the extreme hot weather we had in Vegas, it sometimes made it difficult to continue on with our daily tasks.
The management was also very helpful in lending a hand in completing daily tasks. They showed us how to better assist our guest and how to articulate in a more luxurious language.
Overall what I have learned from working at Four Seasons is how to excel in providing great customer service.
My day began with setting up the pool area and hostess desk.Making sure all amenities are set up for the guests and provide further amenities according to time schedules. I would gather information from guests and assist them to a chase lounge chair.Making sure all guests that use the pool are Four Season guests only.
Pros
free lunch and free hotel rooms
Cons
all day in sun
Managed AV office, negotiated with fortune 500 companies. Helped established the fastest 5 star rating for a hotel with servic and understanding equip
Regional Hotel Manager and Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlJanuary 1, 2015
On call 24/7 to guarantee proper operations
Managed limited staff and free-lancers
5 am set-ups and operation of multiple rooms
Quoted prices, negotiated labor and equipment needs
Provides seating designs to fit equipment needed into rooms
Negotiated several other hotel contracts
Oversaw and corrected service to meet hotel and client needs
Accounted for all cost (purchases, labor and commissions).
Brought the AV company to state of the art equipment
Single assistant that supported my decisions on split shifts and hours
Hardest part was getting equipment that we had to sub-rent
Training executives and the new uses for computer aided event
Enjoyed bringing in new types of equipment
Successfully supervised multiple events, operating where needed
Dealing with executives and regarded as knowing what was needed
Pros
dealing with top level executives, supporting small rooms and large conferences
Cons
brining my company up what the rental market demanded
Productive and Fun Workplace
Reservation/Communication Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2015
I would give Four Seasons a thumbs up, Class! Class! Class! When I started to work for Four Seasons, I had no experience in hospitality but they hired me because of my personality and I remained there until they closed the doors in June 2015. A typical day at work was fun but busy. I started in the House Keeping Department while attending Mansfield Business School at night. I transferred to Communications Department as a PBX operator/Department Trainer. I decided to go back to school to get a Realtors License in 2005 hoping to practice real estate after retirement. My co workers, Management and I had one very important thing in common (Treat others in a way that you would like to be treated) and strive to go the extra mile for our guest, client, and customers. The hardest part of my job was the merge with the Rooms reservation department. My responsibilities had increased but I walked away with more skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free Lunches plus Healthcare Benefits
Intense diverse working environment
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2014
I started everyday by checking my emails and going over the daily report looking over what VIP guest were in house, what special reservations we had, what groups where in town, if there were any major events going on in the city that day, etc... after that I would have a quick debriefing with my staff to make sure we were all prepared.
This job taught me a lot about how important proper training is and reiterated the importance of how important every small detail is. The Broadmoor and the Four Seasons were both very similar in regards to delivering the 5 star and 5 diamond service to our clients. You do everything in your will power to make sure that a guest never leaves dissatisfied.
Most management there was very helpful and my co-workers were great and showed a lot of teamwork. We all knew that it took a team effort to make us successful.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of a job work/life balance. And the best part of the job was meeting new people and being surrounded by great staff.
benefits
Cons
job work/life balance
very classy environment
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2014
All of us banquet servers were students at U of T. Our serving ceremonies were quite difficult. We wore white linen jackets, taupe mid calf skirts, long sleeved shirts and bow tiesAll us us wore SAS shoes.
We knelt down to pick up serving trays with approximately 8 covered plates and walked in line and on cue into the dining room. The women usually bent way back before we came near them in fear we would spill food on them. It happened very rarely in 11 years I worked there.
THE BENEFITS
While the guests were having a program, we servers went to the cafetería and ate all that gourmet left over food and desserts.
Those were the days.
Some of us cared for the ELITE which meant nice presents at times.
Of course when Gov. George Bush had his presidential campaign meetings, there were lots of German shephards about sniffing the banquet tables and no presents.
Four Seasons was a great company to work for but you would only last if you could do your job really well.
Pros
free food, uniforms, flexible schedule
Cons
having to be subservient and doing this convincingly
To improve on my management skills and technique to create a clean productive and positive work place
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
A typical day starts at 6am daily, it would be easy for me to narrow it down but the truth is that business changes on a daily basis due to the type of clients/customers that stays with us. The first thing I do when I arrive to work is check on the overnight staff to ensure that projects and assignments are completed. I then schedule the room attendant's board via Rex which then followed by staff briefing. The rest of the day consist of meetings, inspecting VIP guest rooms and standard testing my supervisor.
I've learn that when you enjoy what you do, you will alway give a 100% and in return you will get a better results. The management hours are very demanding which makes it difficult to have a work life balance at time, so that part of the job can be the hardest.
The most enjoyable part of my job is actually meeting new people and spending the day with my staff.
Pros
comp rooms, great team work
Cons
They dont believe and what they said
Current employee beverly hills (Former Employee) –  Beverly wilshireDecember 13, 2013
I had work in many 5 stars hotels and i was very exited to apply at four season (beverly wilshire) dreamin it was my final stop and thinkin of retirin in tjis beatiful property , but my dreams start it goin away after my 1st year workin there to begin they dont give you the proper training, mgrs are constantenly changin and the new mgrs dont listen on their employees concern unless they get somethin out of it too many lazy people that take advantage of the union been there aahhhh but it comes to money everyone did it..very selfishplace and the main mgr (ben trod ) seems like he cares for his employees but in reality he doesnt i had the change of seen iy my self in two ocasions that it comes for an employee for a change he doesnt give it when they say they care for you and family you see he doesnt give itt dammm. So who ever is applyin for this company think about it twice.
Pros
long breaks, not management tellin you what to do
Cons
poor management. not good food, workers selfish
One of the finest restaurants in the city of Philadelphia
Saucier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2012
My typical work day begins with walking in and saying hello to every member of the AM kitchen staff. After I make my rounds, I set-up my station. I check the reservation sheet to see if there are any special request, dietary restrictions, or VIP guest eating lunch. Then I do the general requisition for kitchen staples and items I ordered to come in for the day. After this I start the stock and begin prepping the station for service. At around 10:30, I pull out my cart and set up the station for service once I have done this I continue finishing up the last of the prep I need for service. At 11:30, the kitchen is open for service here I'm responsible for expediting orders to stations and cooking all meat, specials, and all vegetables that accompany these dishes. After service, I wrap up my station and put back in walk-in, strain and ice stock. For the last 20- 30 minutes of the day are spent prepping for the next day, sauces, mis en place for stations, etc.
Very challenging yet rewarding environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2015
Some work days can become very chaotic due to lack of communication and team work among employees.
I've learned to always stay calm and professional in a fast paced environment and to always offer my fellow co-workers a hand if needed.
The managers would always change ways to get the job done faster but sometimes the employees don't always agree with the new changes or ideas. I would always try my best to adapt to new ideas in the work environment.
The hardest part of the job would be standing on my feet for 8 hours straight and to always make every customer satisfied with the service provided. I've also learned that it is very important to never argue with customers to and try to take the time to understand their situation to come up with solutions.
What I love most about my job is the fact that I get to meet a lot of people from different parts of the world.
Pros
Health insurance and 41k
Cons
lack of hours and communication
The Westlake Village property isn't a real FS Hotel property seriously
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Westlake VillageJanuary 30, 2013
I quit a higher paying resort job to get on board with Four Seasons at the Westlake Village property back in 2008, which more than 1/2 the employees & myself were laid-off due to lack of business consider we had to complete against 3 other sister properties in L.A. & Santa Barbara along with The Ritz-Carlton, Montage, etc. etc. toward the end of 2008 "Christmas"! Thank you Mr. Sharp! Maybe the company is okay if you drive around town asking people "Do you have some Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard in a Rolls-Royce"... But I'm thinking you probably don't. My suggestion, just avoid the Westlake Village property which cannot guarantee anyone's job security. I think Forbes 500 must had been referring to a different Four Seasons company as one of the best to work for, It sure wasn't the hotel company!
Pros
probably one of the nicest hotel chef uniforms i've ever worn
Cons
"glitches" in their pay scale & job security
It was very fun workplace with best coworkers
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  DamascusOctober 29, 2014
Oh... I don't know how to start, first I missed everyone; my coworkers, my supervisors and our manger they were like my Own family leaving them was the hardest thing for me. We had a nice memories together and I was like the little brother they loved very much and I loved them also. I grow with them as part of a team that was the most wonderful thing in this job we helped each other and we had many difficult some times when I finish my 16 rooms some of my friends had to finish 2 moor rooms so I help them and sometimes teach them how to became faster and how to care about the smallest details like how to put the pen how to make the Pillow and in everything I try to do my best and I was the most helpful one in the group I just love to help my coworker each time. I don't know what to say moor the only thing that I have to say is I miss them all and I miss the Four Seasons hotel. It was my best life days.
The best working environment ever!
Storeroom Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2014
Its not often you come 15 minutes early to work and you have your uniform pressed for you, locker room to dress, cafeteria to eat breakfast for free, serve yourself coffee and get a genuine chance to enjoy your last minutes before earning your paycheck. Its like that all day and its hard to take any other job seriously because of all the wonderful amenities you get. Typical day is very busy with lots of tasks to do which is great since the day goes by faster and you feel productive. Management is very upbeat and extremely motivating to all employees. People are great to work with there because everyone is happy to be employed by Four Seasons. Hardest part can sometimes be the workload if theres no one to help since it gets busy, best part is coming to a company who cares for you.
Pros
free food, free dry cleaning of uniform, great pay, great environment.
Cons
i was only a temp.
Four seasons hotels and resorts
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Sharm El Shikh , EgyptJune 14, 2015
it's very nice place and was a good start in my job career because the Four seasons company consider to teach the employee How to be nice and helpful with the people

i took lot of courses there :

Communication skills
body language
safety and first Aid

I'm grateful to worked in that place it was a few months but i learned a lot

the hardest time i made lot of interviews for 3 months i was in the waiting list because there wasn't vacancy jobs

the most enjoyable part , acutely most of time was enjoy :) but i always remember that i was feel so happy when found something lost or missing from the guests and give it to them back , to be nice and help the people is a very nice feeling it's make me proud of my self .
Pros
free meals, laundry and housekeeping service, transportation
Cons
healthcare, outings, discount cards
learned many different things Great people to work for. so sad they moved to Mexico
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 2, 2012
Started out in overstock learning about a/c compressors, then moved up to testing compressor on a nitrogen system with belts and pulleys, cross trained on many things, deburring , quality control, inventory, manual and electric pallet jack, got fork lift certification. Went to core warehouse the last year where I learned to declutch, tear down and analyse the problems within the compressor itself. Was taught so many things. Great cross training program. shipping,receiving, rebuilding, building compressors. Great people to work for.Sorry to be laid off. Miss the job and experience
Pros
good work ethics, responsibility, and knowledge, good people
Cons
company went to mexico, i lost one of the best jobs ever, wish i was still there still there
High Expectations and High Levels of Standards
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2013
Four Seasons is a great company to build your foundation with, the company strives to be the best in the hospitality industry and this can be seen through front line employees to managers. In a company that strives to be the best there are high expectations from managers and customers and high level of standards that always need to be met. Four Seasons gives you the tools and resources necessary to do the job and even takes the extra step and provides supplemental learning courses to ensure all employees can meet the high standards. The hotel is always a buzz and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
strong company values, management that cares about all employees, cross training
Cons
long hours required, high stress environment
Good Place to work. Family oriented enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2015
A typical day is usually a busy day. Time Management and organization is key. Preparing payroll, ordering, scheduling, ensuring daily tasks are assigned.

I have learned that although all management styles are different the end result should always be the same.

Management & Coworkers work best when all parties are honest with one another holding each other accountable about all things pertinent to the job and the results that should be achieved.

The hardest part of the job would be juggling the schedule around everyone's personal preferences while maintaining business demands.Trying to maintain work/life balance

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the perks.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Turkey Give aways
Wonderful Work Environment
Assistant Spa Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2015
Working for the Four Seasons for 15+ years was the best working experience.
It is like a family. Working with people from all over the world and learning about different cultures was extremely enjoyable.
A typical day included overseeing the overall operation and ensuring the standards were met at all times. All financial reporting and adhering to and meeting the budget.
Upper Management was always supportive and provided valuable feedback to ensure your success. There was always a mentor program and open door policy.
I greatly enjoyed with working guests and ensuring we exceeded their expectation. The Four Seasons Culture allows you to learn and grow as an individual.
Pros
Free lunches and great benefits
Cons
Long Hours

4.4