Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Great company, depending on your direct managers
Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2017
Four Seasons is the best in the hospitality business. They hire top talent and compensate accordingly. This makes it highly competitive and only a small percentage will move up in the company. Promotions are based on who you are friends with rather than experience, education, or even performance reviews. This company is great for single people who don't mind the lack of work/life balance and the long hours. Those with families don't usually stay with the company for long. The compensation, benefits and experience gained make employment here worthwhile even if just as a stepping stone towards better opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel nights
Cons
Work/life balance, management
free stays at other Four Seasons Hotels
Head Concierge & Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2017
Good place to start a career. Four Seasons promotes from within, offers free lunch, free dry cleaning of uniforms, 401K, ample vacation and free stays at other Four Seasons. It was an excellent experience. Because of the people you meet from all over the world and daily tasks you leave ready to tackle the world.
Pros
employee cafeteria offering free lunch, free stays at other Four Seasons Hotels
Cons
work life balance
Great People but lack great management
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Great at creating a cohesive team that comes together and always has your back to accomplish the impossible. Management could be better trained to their positions, listen to line employees requests and often lack the focus and get in the way of making this company great.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good benifits
Cons
Long hours, labor intensive
It was a great experience working at Four Seasons Atlanta
Lead Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
A great company to work for Management , one of the best in the city.. The management maintains best customer service experience and a conducive work environment. Benefits one of the best within competition. Always thrive for the best and threats employees with dignity and respect.
Fun working environment
Pool Attendant/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
The staff was fun to work with, management was on top of it. The pool was well organized and everyone had great communication. The pool area was extremely hot during the summer months as the windows from Mandalay bay would beam right down onto our pool.
Pros
fun, great compensation
Cons
really hot
I only worked a fundraiser for school, but great learning experience.
N/A (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2017
I only "worked" at Four Seasons for town days. I was there for a fundraiser held at my school. I learned how to bake for the masses. meaning, I made over three hundred desserts. Overall, wonderful place.
Great place to work, knowledgeable people, very good management, treat employees as a person and not just a number, decent benefits and pay
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Gilberts, ILDecember 1, 2016
Fantastic company to work for
Banquets head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2016
This is the best company I have work for, great benefits and great opportunities to move up.Management was great , with a lot of respect , regardless of your nationality of religion or race.
I learned a lot in this company and I progressed a lot.
great benefits
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
this hotel has tons of great benefits because you get 50% off on food, free room and comp and then the people you work with are also like family
Pros
great benefits
Cons
customers are mean
Great friendly environment
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2016
I loved working for this company. They are and always will be my second family. Great benefits package. A lot of growth opportunities within the company. Overall a very good company
All Talk and No Action
In Room Dining Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COOctober 22, 2016
I moved from another state and left another major hotel compamy, for an opportunity with this company, only to be extremely disappointed. In every interview I explained that I wanted to work for the Four Seasons because I had heard from previous employees about their impeccable training which lead to award winning service for their guests. I did not have that experience.

I trained for my position by following a coworker around for 3 days, and then I was put on my first shift alone with my personal journal full of notes (thankfully I had the sense to bring my own journal for any notes I might need to take at any time). Within my first two weeks I was being scheduled the busiest shifts without any help from my manager. She would often come in hours late and then disappear for extended periods of time. Some days I would be scheduled to be the In Room Dining Supervisor AND the Server. Sometimes the managers would forget to schedule a supervisor with the servers. Sometimes our servers would be scheduled in similar departments without any training. When I would make a mistake, I would be pulled aside and told that I needed to try harder to do better. When I responded by explaining that I was doing everything I could think of to do my best, I was told I needed to figure it out and that they had given me plenty of resources. A manager who was around would have been nice. Within six months I left. It was devastating to be so disappointed in a company that I thought would be my career company. I have never regretted leaving.
Pros
Pay, pto, benefits
Cons
Lack of training, lack of support, long hours
Best Company In The World!!!!
SA/Runner/Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103July 9, 2016
They fired over 300 employees while selling the Philadelphia location, and every one of us still loved them. The opportunities available to you at any location are endless. I really feel as if I was forged here. It was like a whole other world inside that place. I would love for another chance to work for them if it were only a day.
Pros
Fantastic pay, benefits, and overall vibe. They know what they are doing.
Cons
...they fired all of us... but that's ok!
exciting and multi-cultural place to work and gain lots of experience
Laundary Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2017
My typical work day was coming in doing inventory, emptying karts to put clean laundry on floors, cleaning up my work station, and sorting laundry in back room. I learned that being on time is a major part in moving up in this company, and keeping a positive attitude is a must in hospitality, along with any other job. Also being the first female in my position at this company made me much stronger, open minded, and able to take criticism. The management were very nice and accommodating to any problems or needs. I worked around a lot of different ethnicity and races so I have a good understanding of adapting to different cultures and people. The hardest Part of this job was moving karts to loading dock by myself, some days I had a male working along side me. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my peers.
Pros
free lunch, worked in the back
Cons
short breaks, hard labor, some weeks no days off.
Amazing Company
In Room Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 17, 2017
Great Company with opportunity for advancement if you're wiling to work hard, put in the time, and go the extra mile. Excellent life long mentors, and friendships established here.

Takes great care of its guests, and its employees. Truly becomes a second family and a second home.

Thankful for all of my time with this company, and for everything I have learned.
Could be a great place if management was more professional
Communication Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Management only criticizes you but doesn't give you good feedback if you've done something right. Human Resources is unprofessional by giving attitude when you request something simple like a letter of employment. They do no give the tools needed to do the job and criticize you when something fails. Some managers appear to be high on drugs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Comp nights are hard to come by, no room for advancement
Good job to supportt yourself while you're going to school.
Security Agent / Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2016
Great people, good food and nice union benies.

Frequent turnover in upper management. GM keeps changing and each brings their own vision and interpretation of the Four Seasons culture and label.

Paid lunches, paid breaks, free hot meals, free uniform laundry services.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner. Paid 30 min lunch and two 15-min breaks.
Cons
Unless you want to have a career in hospitality/tourism, skills not relevant to other industries to pad your resume.
Productive & Constant Growing Company.
Guest Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
During my time with the Four Seasons Austin, I have been able to fine tune my skills in sales, client relations, management, client services and many others. The Four Seasons has truly been a humbling and growing experience.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Hostile environment in the spa
SPA ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Most departments in the hotel have friendly co-workers but not in the spa department. In the spa department the other employees spoke to me in a derogatory manner. They were so mean and honestly even made me cry. I was so surprised because HR kept saying how everyone is nice. They don't work in team and always come into work with a bad attitude. They hate their jobs. Spa management does do anything. They never help or check up on the team. You will barely seen them on the floor.
Pros
Free lunches. Comp hotel stay.
Cons
Hostile environment in the spa. Lack of human in humam resources. Not a real open door policy.
Unique
Private Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2016
My opinion is best served in talking about what I have learned at Four Seasons. This job has changed me in ways I never thought I could. I became comfortable with myself because everyone else was comfortable with me. I also learned to communicate well with each and every guest I have spoken. Speaking to over a thousand guests, I have leaned to accommodate to each guest and communicate in a way where they are comfortable. I feel like I have become a much more outgoing person and for this I am very grateful.
Pros
Lunch is provided, There are various benefits with room to grow, The hours are great and they respect you, There is good camaraderie
Very dynamyc and supportive enviroment to work.
Director of Club Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great overall enviroment with a strong culture. The people there are second to none and the benefits are better than most hotel companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3