Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Good job to supportt yourself while you're going to school.
Security Agent / Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2016
Great people, good food and nice union benies.

Frequent turnover in upper management. GM keeps changing and each brings their own vision and interpretation of the Four Seasons culture and label.

Paid lunches, paid breaks, free hot meals, free uniform laundry services.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner. Paid 30 min lunch and two 15-min breaks.
Cons
Unless you want to have a career in hospitality/tourism, skills not relevant to other industries to pad your resume.
Not a Great Place to Work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wailea, HIJuly 11, 2016
Unfortunately the Four Seasons touted golden rule is not embraced by at this property. The mantra should be CYA.
There are not enough employees in management support positions and when someone leaves they are not replaced, the work load is simply left for someone in a related role to manage. Hence, one person ends up doing the job of two but not compensated for it. I feel the young and eager MIT's are exploited to the point of meltdown or exhaustion, given far too much responsibility in an effort to cut costs of rehiring. The pressure is always on there's a constant hysteria amongst management that flows down through the organization regarding the 'owners' perceptions and profit, this makes employees feel that they could be fired at any moment and there is little to no acknowledgement of employee contributions. You literally feel like a number... because that's all you are. There is no such thing as work-life balance and the atmosphere is more of a 'misery loves company' vibe where everyone kind of hates their job and effect it's had on their lives but carries on stoically. If you do try to focus on more of a work-life balance you are labelled as a slacker and you will not advance in your position.
Pros
Free lunch, comp nights at other properties
Cons
No work life balance
It was a great experience working at Four Seasons Atlanta
Lead Houseman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
A great company to work for Management , one of the best in the city.. The management maintains best customer service experience and a conducive work environment. Benefits one of the best within competition. Always thrive for the best and threats employees with dignity and respect.
All Talk and No Action
In Room Dining Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COOctober 22, 2016
I moved from another state and left another major hotel compamy, for an opportunity with this company, only to be extremely disappointed. In every interview I explained that I wanted to work for the Four Seasons because I had heard from previous employees about their impeccable training which lead to award winning service for their guests. I did not have that experience.

I trained for my position by following a coworker around for 3 days, and then I was put on my first shift alone with my personal journal full of notes (thankfully I had the sense to bring my own journal for any notes I might need to take at any time). Within my first two weeks I was being scheduled the busiest shifts without any help from my manager. She would often come in hours late and then disappear for extended periods of time. Some days I would be scheduled to be the In Room Dining Supervisor AND the Server. Sometimes the managers would forget to schedule a supervisor with the servers. Sometimes our servers would be scheduled in similar departments without any training. When I would make a mistake, I would be pulled aside and told that I needed to try harder to do better. When I responded by explaining that I was doing everything I could think of to do my best, I was told I needed to figure it out and that they had given me plenty of resources. A manager who was around would have been nice. Within six months I left. It was devastating to be so disappointed in a company that I thought would be my career company. I have never regretted leaving.
Pros
Pay, pto, benefits
Cons
Lack of training, lack of support, long hours
Fantastic company to work for
Banquets head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2016
This is the best company I have work for, great benefits and great opportunities to move up.Management was great , with a lot of respect , regardless of your nationality of religion or race.
I learned a lot in this company and I progressed a lot.
Great place to work, knowledgeable people, very good management, treat employees as a person and not just a number, decent benefits and pay
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Gilberts, ILDecember 1, 2016
Productive & Constant Growing Company.
Guest Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
During my time with the Four Seasons Austin, I have been able to fine tune my skills in sales, client relations, management, client services and many others. The Four Seasons has truly been a humbling and growing experience.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Best Company In The World!!!!
SA/Runner/Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103July 9, 2016
They fired over 300 employees while selling the Philadelphia location, and every one of us still loved them. The opportunities available to you at any location are endless. I really feel as if I was forged here. It was like a whole other world inside that place. I would love for another chance to work for them if it were only a day.
Pros
Fantastic pay, benefits, and overall vibe. They know what they are doing.
Cons
...they fired all of us... but that's ok!
Generally good place to work
Communications Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
My time thus far at the Four Seasons has been a great learning experience. While for me, work-life balance was a bit challenging, I had to consistently remind myself that the hotel industry operates 24/7 and not much can be done about that. The company selects their employees very carefully though a rigorous interview process, so you can count on enjoying the time you spend with your fellow co-workers. Overall, it is a great place to work. However it is simply not the industry for myself, personally.
Pros
Free lunch, employee comp nights at any Four Seasons, insurance, upbeat work environment
Cons
Very short breaks, inconsistent schedules, corporate streamlining that affects employees
Horrible job
Linen Runner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2016
This job was horrible! I was there for about 4 or 5 months and when the houskeeping director left it all went down hill. The management treat linen runners bad. You will be the only linen runner and they will work you like none other. You will have to do 9 floors on each side by yourself. All the sheets and towels. You work by your self and they force you to do over time if you cant finish everything
Pros
Free lunch and good starting pay.
Cons
Management, no home life, treat you like dirt
Great friendly environment
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2016
I loved working for this company. They are and always will be my second family. Great benefits package. A lot of growth opportunities within the company. Overall a very good company
Excellent place to work
Catering Sales and Banquets Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
The Four Seasons is an outstanding hotel company to work for. The employees and management team are exceptionally knowledgeable and very passionate about their job. During my Internship I learned a lot about the Catering, Sales, Marketing, and Banquets departments.
Pros
Free meals provided during shift
Cons
My Internship was too short
Very dynamyc and supportive enviroment to work.
Director of Club Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great overall enviroment with a strong culture. The people there are second to none and the benefits are better than most hotel companies.
Four Seasons is a great opportunity for travel and advancement.
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kona, HIJanuary 12, 2017
Four Seasons is designed to give employees advancement opportunities in all areas of the company along with opportunities to move, live and work all over the world.
Amazing workplace
Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Pinney's Beach, Nevis W.IFebruary 29, 2016
Working as a Concierge at the Four Seasons Resort was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I was able to learn so much new information. My co-workers were extremely helpful in areas where I may have been weak, allowing me to gain more knowledge and experience. Management was also very instrumental in helping me to understand the rules and protocols of the establishment. Though there were some challenges dealing with angry guests, my coworkers were very instrumental in teaching me different ways to calmly deal with them and turn their anger into happiness. I was extremely happy to be able to make people happy and to know that I played an integral role in making their vacations a delight.
Pros
Making guests happy
Cons
Extremely long hours
The culture of this hotel is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. Very difficult to be regonized or promoted within.
Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2016
Analyzing and reviewing reports, employee briefings for job assignment and addressing problems or concerns. Managed department and capital budgets, made cost effective assignment decisions. Responsible for getting things done by planning and organizing. Focus on tasks which have deadlines. I like to work with my staff and other department employees, listen and resolve any disputes. We didn't have enough staff to get everything done and was postponing the less important tasks. The coworkers worked fast and we manage to keep everything running smoothly. Working with my staff.
This was the worst job ever
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2016
The four seasons doesn't take care of its employees at all. It only looks out for the well being if its management and will not look into making sure the smaller people are taken care of.
Pros
Free lunch all you can eat
Cons
Everything besides the lunches
Four Seasons
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 22, 2016
A great company culture with the proper support to learn and grow with the company. This has been one of my most enjoyed jobs!
Exciting workplace
Houseman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2016
Nice clean job & enjoyable employees
Very very busy days
Ok management
Hardest part was getting everything done on time on busy days
Most enjoyable was just getting my job done on time
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
being busy not being able to get a break
Communications Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
Hotel life is 24/7, so if you value consistency and work-life balance, this may not be the job for you. It helps you become incredibly flexible, and my favorite part of the job has been working with my fellow employees who are all wonderful.
Pros
Free lunches, health insurance, employee comp nights
Cons
Very short breaks, inconsistent schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3