Fox Chase Cancer Center Employee Reviews

great place to work
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2017
Worked there for 31 years. Professional academic environment. Premier cancer center. Good nurse/patient status. Very proud to work there. Most of the physicians value and trust the nurses judgement,
Pros
free parking
Great workplace
Independent Researcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2017
Social, productive workplace. Workplace culture is very positive, and FCCC routinely gets employees and volunteers involved in various attempts. IT is somewhat stingy, difficult to get things approved and they don't cooperate with Temple well.
productive / fast paced
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19111November 7, 2017
Fox Chase is a nice place to work with good benefits and tuition reimbursement
career advancement , family oriented feel
good managers. great human resources department
fun place to work
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2017
typical day at fox chase was ok but had it moments because you would see some of the people that u come across are going through cancer and other sickness
I loved working at Fox Chase
Full Time Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
the patients and staff are amazing at fox case. I learned so much while I worked there. working with cancer patients is not for everyone but what you learn as a person and what you learn about yourself is far beyond any paycheck that you could dream of
Initiative...? Just do your job and do not think...
Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2017
Just do your job and do not ask why... Report after report without consequences. I enjoy teamwork with an individualistic touch, but initiative is not valued - I became an instrument. Not what I thought it would be.
Good people but not a good job
Technician One (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2017
There is no room for advancement unless you change career paths thru out the facility you don't get 40 hours a week and you only get a raise once a year witch is 25 cent
Fox Chase Cancer Center over work their good staff to compensate for the unproductive, lazy, rude staffs.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2017
Fox Chase Cancer center needs to get rid of all the bad staffs before they lose all their good ones. I have been working at Fox Chase for 2 years and never worked with so many unproductive people in my life. There is no such thing as team work. I am one of the few staffs that is willing to put my all into my work and management doesn't even appreciate it. I'm the go to person for everything and everyone- from staff in my department to all over the hospital. I have to do my work and others without any addition compensation. How about a bonus once in a while? How about a higher rise than they give to their unproductive staffs? Instead, I get more work tossed my way just because management knows I'm capable. If you are lazy, unproductive, negative, and disrespectful? Fox Chase Cancer center is the right workplace for you. It is probably the only place that would tolerate since a thing.
Pros
Patients, beautiful landscape, cafeteria, garage parking
Cons
Staffs, pay
Horrible place to work
Assistant Director, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2017
The environment was extremely stressful and the Director had no clue what she was doing. There were others that worked here that would stop at nothing to stab you in the back. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
horrible culture, long hours
Great environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2017
You really feel as though you are doing good things when you work there. It is, however, very easy to get burnt out as there is very little opportunity and no focus on growing staff organically. Also, as a Temple organization it is impossible for the organization to invest in the kind of technology it needs to continue to be cutting edge.
Pros
Has a sincere atmosphere of wanted to help.
Cons
It is part of Temple, no upward mobility

Want to know more about Fox Chase Cancer Center?

Ask a question
Productive, wonderful staff
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2017
lots of autonomy, friendly people, all staff pitch in for a pleasant work environment. Most of the permanent staff know each other because of the community feel.
Pros
beautiful campus, great coworkers
Cons
poor pay, old technologies, Long tenured employees and not enough advancement opportunity.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2017
Fox Chase Cancer Center is a fulfilling place to work at. The integration of healthcare, research, and education creates opportunities for networking within the community and allows for cross training and across these realms. There are excellent benefits offered through this employer, but the pay is lacking when compared to it's contemporaries and ability to move up within the system isn't all that great.
Productive place to work. great benefits.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  3333 Cottman Ave.Philadelphia PAMay 26, 2017
Small community, everyone know each other there, good team play, not much room for growth unless one went back to school, a slow pace environment. some what underdeveloped. under new management and development. Patients' care and hospitality is excellent, great customer service. I can see Fox Chase Cancer Center rising, already has a magnet status.
Pros
Years of service appreciation
Cons
Annual Thanks Giving dinner and Christmas to look forward to
nice place to work
STAFF RN AMBULATORY CARE (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
long term family oriented staff dedicated to care for Oncology patients; Award winning and compassionate nurses with Magnet status; proficient multidisciplinary teamwork for patients
Helpful and friendly atmosphere
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2017
Fox Chase Cancer Center is one of the pioneers in cancer research with a very nice, friendly and helpful work culture among all staff from every single department.
Staff RN
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
I like the unit. Its fast paced but pretty independent.

Come in and do my job and leave.

Great councils to be apart of but the culture is of an older generation and sometimes hard to get motivated with new ideas.

But can be a progressive place to work. Just need tenacity.
Pros
Close to home/relatively decent network for sustaining long term
Cons
Higher management not very warm and friendly. Control issues.
Operating room
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2017
The overall institution is well reconginized for nursing satisfation and emphasis on safe and competent patient care, the nursing floors and outpatient department seem to have a cohesive and well-balanced environment. However, the operating room lacks the "forces of magnetism." There is a lack of nursing leadership,extreme favortism and a highly stressful environment, with little advocacy for the nursing staff on the frontline.
Long time employee
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2017
I am a longtime employee and enjoy working at Fox Chase Cancer Center. I have learned so much and met so many nice people over the years. I feel a sense of accomplishment working at Fox Chase Cancer Center and what we do!
Pros
Free Tea and cookies everyday
Cons
Pay is lower then industry
Not sure if this is where I want to be. It's ok for the time being.
IRB REGULATORY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaApril 5, 2017
I moved to Fox Chase from a local University, and this place is utter chaos. There is no desire for change although the need is overly obvious. Management doesn't help.
Great people horrible pay
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Fox Chase is a wonderful place to work. The people are great but the pay isn't good. In the housekeeping department its very little room to advance and you don't get raises very often
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
pay isn't good