Fox Chase Cancer Center Employee Reviews

like home
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2017
great learning experience. I worked per diem. Staff and management was a positive experience. I was given a wonderful opportunity. highly recommend this for employment
Very busy, fast paced work atmosphere. Everyone is pleasent to work with.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Clinical Research Unit.February 1, 2017
It's a nice place to work. I worked some long hours. It's always busy, but the patient status has increased by 50%. Not happy with my raise. But the benefits are excellent. If you like helping others which I did you might like it here. Very demanding work atmosphere.
Pros
4-10 hour days with 3 days off
Cons
always moving and on your feet.
A great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Fox Chase Cancer has been my employer for almost 10 years now, I would not have it any other way. The most enjoyable part of my day is feeling and knowing that I've helped safe a life.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Fox Chase Cancer center was a fast paced informational and teaching facility. It was great to work staff members that are as compassionate and concerned with patients that would come in not feeling well or needing assistance with simple things like walking.
Pros
Becoming part of patients families.
Cons
Attachment to patients
Learning environment
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2017
It is a good stepping stone for entry level to enhance their knowledge. It can be very frustrating but that is known when doing research. The people there were very friendly and helpful when questions arose.
Patients were treated like they were in disney world
Navigator / Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2017
you work even before your able to take your coat off when you reach your desk, Phones constantly rang and we were the first point of service so constantly busy with patients and visitors at the desk, While answering phones, you had to assist with checking in patients and follow up appointments. You were also responsible of preparing charts for next day visit. By the end of the day you had to make sure to cancel any no show appointments.
Cons
you were expected to work even when on your break
wounderful staff
Staff and Agency RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2017
Great oncology hospital in beautiful area and setting. Very "sick" patients requiring constant care. Chemo, radiation,with poor prognosis .
Pros
great staff
Cons
depressing
Hard work under a well organized management
Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, PAJanuary 1, 2017
A fast pace day is every day at Fox Chase. I've learned empathy working for this hospital. Management is willing to work along side you to bring satisfaction to the patients. The hardest part of the job is when the balance is the patients responsibility and they cant pay.

The mot enjoyable part of the day is when i resolved a problem.
Pros
Meeting people that become life long friends
Cons
Short breaks
Too many changes and too little direction
Clinical Trials Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2017
Fox Chase does wonderful work that I am proud to be a part of. Unfortunately, there is too much instability among leadership and a total lack of cohesiveness among staff. Everyone is made out to be opposition to someone else as it regards process. The facility relies too much on grant funding which causes a disregard for accurate, timely medical billing and invoicing.
Pros
Flexible schedules, tuition reimbursement, meaningful work.
Cons
High burnout, constant changes, unstable environment.
Busy
Operating Room Secretary (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2016
Working as the Operating Room Secretary is also busy and can be challenging.
All of my co-workers are dedicated and helpful to all of the patients.
Great place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  333 Coffman Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19111December 15, 2016
Professional development options are available through Temple University, but since sccession planning is not a priority, moving up is more difficult.
Good
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19111November 21, 2016
Good place to work.Laid back culture and we really care about patient and safety.Cancer care is great and people wanting to get better is also great and a good vibe and feeling.
Peaceful and clean environment. Great teamwork.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2016
I typical day at work consists of obtaining patient vital signs, entering medical history into EMR, assisting physician with procedures, sterilizing instruments, prepping clinics the day before i.e, printing notes and test results, and stocking the exam rooms.
Everyone is a great team player and we all work together to ensure that the best care is provided to our patients.
Pros
No weekend or evening hours.
Cons
Lunch breaks are far and in between.
Beautiful campus best oncology care
Med Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2016
I learned so much at this hospital I worked with fabulous doctors and nurses the worst part about the job was witnessing people pass away. Everything.
great place to gain experience
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2016
great place to grow and learn. good work environment, easy commute, good pay, nice co-workers, great on the job training, easy hiring process, and good management.
The most innovative and passionate research experience of my career.
Scientific Technician II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
My time with Fox Chase Cancer Center was by far the most informative and passionate of my scientific career. I had the pleasure of collaborating with an amazing group of researchers, pathologist and medical doctors. I have never in my career, until my time with Fox Chase, seen such a devotion and determination put forth in the research field. I consider myself blessed to have worked with some of the finest of research.
Mostly day-to-day duties
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2016
Typically would do commonplace duties, such as monitoring cancer cell growth, inoculating new cultures, checking for contamination, checking cell counts, or collecting samples from lab mice and processing DNA.

Research, particularly cancer research, requires accuracy in all things. Perhaps surprisingly was the amount of precise hand -eye coordination needed, such as when transferring cells without contaminating the sample or when cutting lab mice.

Management consisted of the two groups I researched for, mostly gave me duties and would teach me how to fulfill them.

Likewise, they were also my co - workers. Each member had their own duties so for the most part the experience was working in silence until interaction was required.

The hardest part of the job was avoiding making mistakes. Even the smallest slip of the hand could ruin a sample.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that what I was doing was in some way shape or form helping those afflicted with cancer.
Pros
Lunch vouchers, research experience, novelty experience
Cons
Long drive, poor working community, high complexity
REALITY,, of life and you must keep a positive reinforncement for each day you live.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2016
Working with Cancer patients brings a new prospective in life and enjoy every day you are living.. It's a blessing..Our patients become our family...
Family Oriented
Team Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2016
Fox Chase Cancer Center is a great place to work. They make you feel like you are a part of their family. I have learned from my time at Foxchase, how to manage my time, multitask, Communicate with Parents and Management. I Work as a Team Teacher which means I have to work closely with a co-worker on implementing plans.
Stressful yet rewarding workplace.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Fox Chase Cancer Center was a very busy,stressful yet rewarding place to work. I loved being able to help patients with their billing questions and or any other problems or issues the patients had.The patients I dealt with were very appreciative of my problem solving skills as well as the compassion I had for them. I was top cash collector, taking credit card payments and setting up payment plans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Chase Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3