Fox Chase Cancer Center

Fox Chase Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Insurance (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2015
It's a job
Learned how to do pre authorizations
Co-workers are fun
Hardest part about the job is getting the authorization approved before last minute appointments.
Enjoyable
Regulatory Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
Enjoyable place great people to work with all the other departments and staff were very understanding and kind. World renowned cancer center.
Review Summary
Director, Web Content (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2015
Fox Chase has earned the prestigious designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center. There are only 41 NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the country. Being treated at one of these centers first offers the best chance for successful treatment. Fox Chase Cancer Center has been a part of the Temple University Health System since 2012.
Extremely productive but relaxed laboratory environment.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Fox Chase is an excellent example of a great laboratory environment. The researchers are friendly, intelligent, and hard working, but mostly importantly they are incredibly passionate about their work.
atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fox Chase, PaDecember 22, 2014
Had a pretty good atmosphere. Typical work day was coming in and cleaning using the 10 step measurements.
We didn't have a ping-pong table, but we had a soft ball team.
Receptionist/Customer Service / Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: when there were meeting, we would be invited to enjoy the great food.
Cons: all jobs have cons, but i was waiting for the 4 day work week.
Fox Chase Cancer Center was a wonderful place to work, with excellent benefits. They have school programs and help with enhancing your skills for your department as well as other departments. They have great computer classes. My co-workers were great. Everyone worked to help each other. I learned that working in a small office, that everyone had each others back. we helped each other. If someone was over loaded with work, someone would ask what can I do to help you get this done. My most enjoyable part of the day was that the doctors received their orders and everything was there.
I enjoyed the work and the people during my short term as per diem
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great work place, staff
Cons: not enough per diem hours
I enjoyed working with adult patients. They were very interesting to talk to and learn about and about their families. The hardest part of the job, is knowing that some don't do well, while others flourish.
Fox Chase is a great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: knowing hat my work is actually helping to save lives
Cons: there are times when we have to work short and i feel that leaves a lot of room for era
Depending on what area I am working in a typical day could have me in the IV room preparing Iv meds antibiotics, pca's ,pcea's,. If not in the IV room I would be stocking the Omni cell machines filling orders as they come off the printer, delivering meds to the unts every hour, filling orders for other department anesthesia etc.
staff is amazing to work with and i enjoy going to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
• To assist nursing staff with patient care activities on the SSDU. Communicate appropriately with patients and staff. Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills, understanding principles of Emotional Intelligence to promote effective teamwork. Communicates concise, accurate, pertinent information to the Registered Nurse at the end of the shift and as needed throughout assigned shift.
A caring environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: variety of cases, free parking! family feel environment
Cons: short staffed, not enough ancillary help.
I have been working 3-11p.m. shift for almost 8 years now, sometimes doing other shifts when asked, and what i like most about my job is that we do many different types of surgery, but it is still specialized care and it makes for a very caring environment and draws people who really want to make a difference. You are not just a number at Fox Chase, but people know your name, and care what happens to you. My supervisor is very kind and always available to us. Our surgeons are knowledgeable, witty, and sometimes alot of fun. The hardest part of the job is seeing some of the sickest people being rolled into our OR for surgery, knowing that there is only so much that can be done for them because the cancer is too far advanced, but as a team we all try to do our very best everyday. I have learned true endurance from working here, and what it means to be grateful. I have been humbled by our patients, and the fighting spirit of our team in the daily care we do our best to give.
What I learned from my positions at Fox Chase Cancer Center
Clinical Trials A/Receivable & Billing Rep (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: bonus, vacation time, great team
Cons: management changes
Fox chase was a great place to work and it really helped me learn all the different aspects of The Revenue Cycle. It also was a honor to create different processes that helped Team surpass monthly goals!!
The Department of Radiation Oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center was a good place to work at. Everyone worked together for the good of the patients.
Medical Secretary/Receptionist/Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: working in a department where you had interraction with the patients, by greeting them, and speaking to them.
A typical day at work would be to get any telephone messages that were left overnight, typing radiation oncology reports from digital system, typing site visits, ordering supplies as needed, scheduling new patients and follow-up patients, sorting and processing mail, and heavy telephone use. I learned that I was lucky to work in a wonderful place with good management and great coworkers. The hardest part of the job was when you had to learn something new but they did take time with us to make sure we understood it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie I had with my coworkers.
na
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), philly, paJune 2, 2014
it is good. I like it, but need to be closer to home. I have learned a lot, but need to be closer to home. I would like to not continue to review this location.
Good envirnment for research
Research Associate (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 19, 2014
It's a very good environment for research, but the job is not as good as before since 2012 after affiliation with Temple Health
Excellent starting point for a position in the healthcare field
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2013
Pros: small office, hands on projects
Cons: legal/financial restrictions
The marketing department at Fox Chase is a small department, sharing responsibilities with the PR and Communications departments. During my time as an intern, I would spend the majority of my day working on independent projects. This proved to be the best part of the job, I was completing projects that none of my other friends in intern positions were given. Co-workers were all very friendly and willing to help one another whenever needed. The worst part of this internship was realizing the corporate culture all hospitals are forced to embody.
was a real fun place to work
Housekeeping Employee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: free candy
Cons: we took our breaks
I was a supervisor and had a great time running m crew. the were a great bunch of workers
Great work Enviroment
Accounts Payable Clerk 3 (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: i honestly can't think of any cons, if i have to pick one i would say: we don't have water coolers.
Our department has good work morals, we all support each other. We have a manager we know has our back and whom we can go to for anything. I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with and look up to great mentors at Fox Chase Cancer Center. I have learned how to be more self sufficient among many other things. The hardest part of my current job is our check runs at the moment. The most enjoyable part is all the people I interact with throughout the hospital.
Easy going workplace
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2013
Management and co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is being the only tech in that department.
very productive
Operating Room Unit Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2013
Friendly co-workers, a nice place to work. I would tell people about the hospital, and how they care about a persons well being.
volunteer at hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no pay
great staff, fulfilling job. delivering cards and other things to patients, different specimens to labratories

Fox Chase Cancer Center Salaries