Fox NE&O is seeking a Manger, Network Infrastructure/Sr. Network Engineer for the Broadcast Network Engineering team. NE&O provides engineering services to all of the FNG Networks including: FOX Sports & Regional Sports Networks, FOX Broadcasting, FX, Fuel, Speed, Big Ten Network, Fox Mundo, and the National Geographic Channel. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with Infrastructure Architects, Systems Engineering, Broadcast Engineers, Network Engineers, and Sr. Management. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, Network Design & Innovation (SDN, IaaS), Security, New Technology, Monitoring, and overall support of the continuously evolving Broadcast Data network. This is an exciting time to be working in the newly packetized Broadcast industry. This individual will be directly involved with the evolution of Broadcast Television to IP based / Software Defined systems and working with live production environments, streaming video, and other mission critical broadcast services.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 6-9 years of experience with Network Design, Operational Support, and Hands-On implementation
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls - with IOS/XR
- Knowledge of / strong desire to learn other vendors such as Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto
- Must have a strong desire to work with emerging technologies
o SDN - Software Defined Networks, OpenFlow, and related architectures
o IaaS - Infrastructure As A Service, OpenStack, OpenCloud
- Vast experience / knowledge of network protocols and technologies:
o EIGRP, OSPF BGP, MPLS, ISIS
o Layer 2 Technologies (L2TP, L2VPN, Pseudo-Wire, STP, etc…)
- Experience with Security Systems such as:
o IPsec VPN systems; DMVPN, mVPN, IPSec over GRE, etc
o Application Layer Firewalls / NGFW – Palo Alto, SourceFire, Juniper, Cisco
o Traditional IPS – IBM Proventia, Snort
- Experience with multicast routing:
o SSM, PIM Sparse Mode, Multicast through Firewalls
- Experience implementing basic QoS and Traffic Shaping
- Experience in designing Datacenter Architectures / Enterprise Provider Networks:
o Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K
o Cisco ASR9K, 1K
o Cisco 6500, FWSM, ASA, 3850, 3750, 2960, 2921
o Next Gen – SDN, Arista, OpenFlow
- Experience in designing and maintaining advanced monitoring systems through tools such as:
o Splunk & Custom Dashboards
o Nagios, MRTG, PTRG, Solarwinds, Nessus, Syslog-NG
- Experience in penetration testing and advanced security methodologies
o MetaSploit, Armitage, Nessus
Other / Details:
- We have a fun team and want to do fun things! Most of all we want a Team-Player! Someone will jump in and help us reach our goals.
- Individual must stay up with industry topics, new technologies, and strive for continued technical education of themselves and the team they support.
- Extensive experience in Project Planning, Microsoft Visio, and Technical Writing skills
- Experience working in a vendor/client relationship (as the vendor).