Fox Entertainment Group

Fox Entertainment Group Employer Reviews

The People Made Me Stay
Executive Assistant, Office of the CIO (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: full benefits, paid vacations, smart people.
The truth is, I had learned everything I could from this job after two years. After that it was the people and friends I made that kept me there another nearly five years. My job was basic, answer the phones, schedule meetings, pay invoices, and other normal assistant duties.

The management left everyone alone pretty much unless they had to step in. But mostly everyone was trusted to complete their work on time and on their own accord and it worked well.

The hardest part of the job was that it became really easy and I didn't feel challenge, which led to my eventual resignation. The most enjoyable part were the people.
Low pressure and warm, welcoming environment if you have
Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: frequent food trucks, free movies, comfortable dress code, long lunches, easy break schedule.
Cons: healthcare, slow advancement, high turnover, lots of inexperienced temps to train.
A typical 9-5 job (although more accurately a 7-4) with fairly frequent early days off. I found myself dabbling in multiple departments but management was reluctant to let me expand into any of them. I saw multiple coworkers downsized as my role expanded with no increase in pay, and they were replaced with inexperienced temps that low-level employees were expected to train with limited knowledge.

In one case, I had worked in an office for less than a few days before I was spending more than an hour training another employee who had worked there much longer how to do our joint job more effectively. This was a frequent occurrence as higher-level employees were often too busy to explain the basics of the job and delegated training to employees with a fairly limited scope of knowledge.

All said and done, though, it was an easy-going environment with very little pressure except to be accurate and open-minded.
Very challenging and productive workplace with three major restaurants.
Payroll Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: employees get lunches at a discounted price and free gym membership.
Cons: reducing personnel
Very challenging and productive workplace with three major restaurants.
Challenging and exciting place to work
Associate Tax Director (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2014
Fast-pasted, constantly changing environment that keeps everyone on their toes most of the time. Busy season year-round, with a few weeks in the summer to take vacations.
Nice People
Desk side Service Engineer (Former Employee), Playa Vista CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: bad it planning. revolving door of un qualified help desk people
Nice People. It outsourced and split between to many companies
very chaotic. Huge turnover in IT Dept.
One perk for this job is seeing free movies
Coordinator, Risk Management (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: free movie screenings
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Working for Fox Entertainment has been nice I really don't have too many bad things to say about the company other than being able to advance within the company if you don't know the right people.
Overall a good job, mass layoffs did happen though
Product Analyst / Security Specialist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Was a good job that over the years had become a great job, but ultimately did not last. Mass layoffs etc, dark times.
Preparing financial Models for business partners
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CaNovember 5, 2013
It is very important to work with a team that functions as you will be most productive. Open communication is very important so that everyone on the team is in the know and not feeling confused by any situation.
Small teams, good to work with
Project Manager / Scrum Master (Consultant) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2013
Managing Sprints - daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and retrospective meetings. Grooming the Product Backlog. Managing expectations, working with stakeholders.
What a great place
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Promotion) (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 1, 2013
This was an amazing company to work for. I was laid off during the downfall of MySpace, but would be willing to take a job and relocate if possible.
Fox entertainment
FOX Networks Engineering & Operations (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2013
• Monitors and manages orders that need stock and/or label for records or duplication, also tacks stock cost, labor costs and books satellite time.
• Provide Stock/material that is already vaulted or blank stock.
• Provide customer service/material to different departments all through out FOX Studios.
• Provide Pre-Recorded shows to Cable Ops, Fox Sports, FSN, FMC, On-Air Promos
Productive Mobile
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), Beverly HillsJuly 24, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: boring projects
- Subscription based company
- Was Sold
- Friendly staff
- Slow days
Fun, Energetic and Innovative Entertainment Studio
Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2013
Pros: working in a fast-paced studio environment with emerging technologies
Cons: career development and succession planning, salary
Each day presents new and challenging situations for the entrepreneurial spirit, such as partnering with sales and marketing offices to meet the needs of top-tier companies in home entertainment, such as Amazon, Apple, Hulu and Netflix. I learned how to adapt to a dynamic and evolving environment as the studio transitioned from traditional media manufacturing and production to the emerging digital landscape. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that millions of people across the country and around the world enjoy our products regularly with their friends and families.
FOX - Great company
Programming/Scheduling Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Fox is a great Company. The culture fosters an environment of entrepreneurship.
Fun working at the studio
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee), Century City, CAOctober 19, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: drive
excellent working environment
enjoyed working at the studio lot
fun working environment
My space fun
A great exciting advunture in my career...
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2012
I would recommend this environment to all. The people were demanding and friendly at the same time...the show must go on.
A fast paced fun environment
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2012
I learned the entertainment business from being a key focal point in everyday business operations.
It's just a job
Finance Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2012
The excitement of working at an entertainment company is lost when you work in the Finance dept. However, the dept I worked in was a good dept. Very fast paced dept....which made the day go by.