Fox Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
Typical workday, maintaining the various channels at the operations center. Not too stressful doing non-live programming. It can get much more stressful during live events, but more exciting.
If you like long hours, no direction and a hostile work environment...
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 29, 2017
I can't speak for how it is today. But when I was there, it was all about a boss who threatened you on a daily basis and his boss who knew but couldn't have cared less.
Pros
Seeing the cool things filmed on the studio lot.
Cons
It was a terrible job. An environment that encouraged intimidation and rewarded it.
Exciting opportunity in Entertainment
PEOPLESOFT Applications Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
Worked on an HRIS software implementation which was a very rewarding experience. FOX employees are very knowledgable and have an excellent attitude. Travel was inclded on this project.
Product and Fun place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 26, 2017
Fox Interactive Media was a great place to work. The management team and co-workers were excellent to work with. It was a collaborative environment.
A Good Stepping Stone
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
If you're looking to branch out into Media IT this isn't a bad pit stop, but don't look to stay long term. Not a bad place to work it's just very taxing at times. Management is solid for the most part. The users are very chill and nice.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2017
Lots of perks; lunchtime screenings, gym, food trucks. Very competitive and demanding culture. Producers strive while others are left in the dust for promotions.
Pros
lunchtime screening
Beware
DIRECTOR, TREASURY (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management doesn't invest in the growth of their employees. The pay is not competitive at all compared to other companies.
Pros
get to work on the lot
Cons
poor culture and long work hours
What i do at FOX
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAMay 17, 2017
As a Coordinator in the Feature and TV Mastering department, I work with colleagues. I write Purchase Orders and do research that help determine which Digital outlet the TV and movies are shipped to .
The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is close to home.
Pros
Close to home, access to Fox Studios Lot
Cons
No health benefits, salary is low
It was a great place to work.
Assistant to the VP of Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2017
I loved working at the studio, we had a lot of free perks, such as free movies during work hours once a month. Hardest part was dealing with the people I worked with.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
the direct people I worked with.
Great Job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
I was able to transfer from a job within Fox to this department - it was a great second job right out of college. I was able to expand my job and learn quite a bit.
Fox is an okay place to work
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 26, 2017
Been with the company for quite some time, but the opportunities to move around the company are limited. I did learn a lot and the best part of the job was developing relationships.
Great team environment, fast paced, long hours
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 23, 2017
Working in the fast paced film industry is challenging and also rewarding. The majority of my responsibilities revolved around Accounts Payable and Payroll. Working in coordination with a 6 member accounting team my responsibilities revolved around processing invoices and purchase orders by coding them and entering them into the internal accounting software. Periodically posting transactions to GL and cutting checks to the appropriate vendors. Also, check requests and p-card statements from employees would have to be reconciled and entered into internal accounting software. Cash Reimbursements processing only to authorized employees.
Weekly payroll processing for 300+ employees requires obtaining timecards in a timely manner and verifying hours for accuracy and resolving any issues with employees. Conversion of hours to military time and then from minute to decimal. Application of hourly/daily/weekly rates for employees and enter into internal accounting software. Determine appropriate withholdings according to local/state/federal laws, cut checks, obtain signatures and prepare checks for dissemination.
Pros
great people, catered lunches
Cons
long hours, high stress
Emerging Technology Company
Human Resources/Talent Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 10, 2017
FIM (FOX Interactive Media) taught me a great deal about Talent Acquisition and how to manage a work/life balance. The demand was huge with approximately 100-130 people being hired per month. We had to keep a handle on the on-boarding process for each person.
I had a great manager/director who navigated the uncharted waters perfectly and allowed for us to do our jobs effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
High volume work load but a work group with an excellent team mentality.
Accounts Payable Clerk/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Most days there were always little fires to put out and new processes to implement. Calls from the client community and outside vendors were spent trying to determine what they needed and the best way to help them. If a process was not working correctly or broke down, it was a scramble to find ways around it to make everyone happy. Striving to help the client community help themselves by getting invoices paid or dealing with irate vendors.

I learned that helping people get all the information they needed (within reason) to get something done was not only a tremendous help to them, but was always appreciated and rewarded. This involved having empathy for those needing help, no matter how small in the grand scheme of things something may seem to you.

It was good having management who would get in the trenches with you and if they listened to your opinions and ideas, that was always a bonus.

We always celebrated little victories to relive the stress. There were always little perks in the form of snacks, promotional items sent down from the television and sports properties, etc.

Balancing the need to get vendors, contractors and employees paid and making sure everything was correct, in a timely manner, fixing issues with international payments and making sure everyone was in satisfied by some degree.

I had a great team to work with and we all strived to provide the best work we could and to help our co-workers do the same.
Pros
Television and sports promotional items, snacks and bottled water provided by management, free movies, good benefits.
Cons
Long hours for extended periods of time.
Creativity To The Max
Creative Consultant/Editor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2017
I loved my job at FOX, however I do believe that the work required of one person can be a bit mock sometimes. Nonetheless it always get completed.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
time consuming
Can provide full view of cable networks and show operations
Exec. Dir., Fox Networks Engineering & Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Many opportunities in all aspects of Television / Film. Business is fast paced and constantly changing. Hardest part of the job is maintaining agility within company culture. Most enjoyable part is the people and being part of the larger distribution / product - regardless of position.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
SR Coordinator FOX Networks & FOX Films (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2015
This has been a great learning experience where I have met wonderful people that have inspired me and I have thrived. Some of the brightest, toughest, most creative, and fantastic people work here. What a trip!
Fun
Intern, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed this position and love walking onto the Fox lot and seeing things filmed. Every day is a new adventure where your mind is tested to its limits and you get to interact with interesting people.
great place to learn
Content Agent /Music Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 2, 2015
What do you like about working at Fox Interactive Media?

"The technical projects, working with entertainment companies."

Do you have any tips for others interviewing with this company?

"Express why you would like this opportunity and invest time in company history what can you do for this company."

What don't you like about working at Fox Interactive Media?

"No advancement, no room to discuss new ideas."

What suggestions do you have for management?

"I'd like a chance to express my ideas and have a chance for advancement."
fun productive, creative atmosphere,
Office.Coordinator/ Receptionist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 6, 2015
all i can say is i enjoyed this job the most out of any other job i have had.
Pros
co workers very supportive, pay was great, weekends off, free lunch fridays, laerned alot about computer gaming & types of consumers
Cons
none.