Fox Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Great Job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
I was able to transfer from a job within Fox to this department - it was a great second job right out of college. I was able to expand my job and learn quite a bit.
Fox is an okay place to work
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 26, 2017
Been with the company for quite some time, but the opportunities to move around the company are limited. I did learn a lot and the best part of the job was developing relationships.
Great team environment, fast paced, long hours
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 23, 2017
Working in the fast paced film industry is challenging and also rewarding. The majority of my responsibilities revolved around Accounts Payable and Payroll. Working in coordination with a 6 member accounting team my responsibilities revolved around processing invoices and purchase orders by coding them and entering them into the internal accounting software. Periodically posting transactions to GL and cutting checks to the appropriate vendors. Also, check requests and p-card statements from employees would have to be reconciled and entered into internal accounting software. Cash Reimbursements processing only to authorized employees.
Weekly payroll processing for 300+ employees requires obtaining timecards in a timely manner and verifying hours for accuracy and resolving any issues with employees. Conversion of hours to military time and then from minute to decimal. Application of hourly/daily/weekly rates for employees and enter into internal accounting software. Determine appropriate withholdings according to local/state/federal laws, cut checks, obtain signatures and prepare checks for dissemination.
Pros
great people, catered lunches
Cons
long hours, high stress
Emerging Technology Company
Human Resources/Talent Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 10, 2017
FIM (FOX Interactive Media) taught me a great deal about Talent Acquisition and how to manage a work/life balance. The demand was huge with approximately 100-130 people being hired per month. We had to keep a handle on the on-boarding process for each person.
I had a great manager/director who navigated the uncharted waters perfectly and allowed for us to do our jobs effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
High volume work load but a work group with an excellent team mentality.
Accounts Payable Clerk/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Most days there were always little fires to put out and new processes to implement. Calls from the client community and outside vendors were spent trying to determine what they needed and the best way to help them. If a process was not working correctly or broke down, it was a scramble to find ways around it to make everyone happy. Striving to help the client community help themselves by getting invoices paid or dealing with irate vendors.

I learned that helping people get all the information they needed (within reason) to get something done was not only a tremendous help to them, but was always appreciated and rewarded. This involved having empathy for those needing help, no matter how small in the grand scheme of things something may seem to you.

It was good having management who would get in the trenches with you and if they listened to your opinions and ideas, that was always a bonus.

We always celebrated little victories to relive the stress. There were always little perks in the form of snacks, promotional items sent down from the television and sports properties, etc.

Balancing the need to get vendors, contractors and employees paid and making sure everything was correct, in a timely manner, fixing issues with international payments and making sure everyone was in satisfied by some degree.

I had a great team to work with and we all strived to provide the best work we could and to help our co-workers do the same.
Pros
Television and sports promotional items, snacks and bottled water provided by management, free movies, good benefits.
Cons
Long hours for extended periods of time.
Creativity To The Max
Creative Consultant/Editor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2017
I loved my job at FOX, however I do believe that the work required of one person can be a bit mock sometimes. Nonetheless it always get completed.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
time consuming
Can provide full view of cable networks and show operations
Exec. Dir., Fox Networks Engineering & Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Many opportunities in all aspects of Television / Film. Business is fast paced and constantly changing. Hardest part of the job is maintaining agility within company culture. Most enjoyable part is the people and being part of the larger distribution / product - regardless of position.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
SR Coordinator FOX Networks & FOX Films (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2015
This has been a great learning experience where I have met wonderful people that have inspired me and I have thrived. Some of the brightest, toughest, most creative, and fantastic people work here. What a trip!
Fun
Intern, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed this position and love walking onto the Fox lot and seeing things filmed. Every day is a new adventure where your mind is tested to its limits and you get to interact with interesting people.
great place to learn
Content Agent /Music Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 2, 2015
What do you like about working at Fox Interactive Media?

"The technical projects, working with entertainment companies."

Do you have any tips for others interviewing with this company?

"Express why you would like this opportunity and invest time in company history what can you do for this company."

What don't you like about working at Fox Interactive Media?

"No advancement, no room to discuss new ideas."

What suggestions do you have for management?

"I'd like a chance to express my ideas and have a chance for advancement."

Want to know more about Fox Entertainment Group?

Ask a question
fun productive, creative atmosphere,
Office.Coordinator/ Receptionist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 6, 2015
all i can say is i enjoyed this job the most out of any other job i have had.
Pros
co workers very supportive, pay was great, weekends off, free lunch fridays, laerned alot about computer gaming & types of consumers
Cons
none.
The People Made Me Stay
Executive Assistant, Office of the CIO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2014
The truth is, I had learned everything I could from this job after two years. After that it was the people and friends I made that kept me there another nearly five years. My job was basic, answer the phones, schedule meetings, pay invoices, and other normal assistant duties.

The management left everyone alone pretty much unless they had to step in. But mostly everyone was trusted to complete their work on time and on their own accord and it worked well.

The hardest part of the job was that it became really easy and I didn't feel challenge, which led to my eventual resignation. The most enjoyable part were the people.
Pros
Full benefits, paid vacations, smart people.
Low pressure and warm, welcoming environment if you have
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
A typical 9-5 job (although more accurately a 7-4) with fairly frequent early days off. I found myself dabbling in multiple departments but management was reluctant to let me expand into any of them. I saw multiple coworkers downsized as my role expanded with no increase in pay, and they were replaced with inexperienced temps that low-level employees were expected to train with limited knowledge.

In one case, I had worked in an office for less than a few days before I was spending more than an hour training another employee who had worked there much longer how to do our joint job more effectively. This was a frequent occurrence as higher-level employees were often too busy to explain the basics of the job and delegated training to employees with a fairly limited scope of knowledge.

All said and done, though, it was an easy-going environment with very little pressure except to be accurate and open-minded.
Pros
Frequent food trucks, free movies, comfortable dress code, long lunches, easy break schedule.
Cons
Healthcare, slow advancement, high turnover, lots of inexperienced temps to train.
Great
Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2014
Great company. Great culture. Great experience. I've loved my time working there and am ready for some new changes and new experiences. It's a fantastic place to work though.
Very challenging and productive workplace with three major restaurants.
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Very challenging and productive workplace with three major restaurants.
Pros
Employees get lunches at a discounted price and free gym membership.
Cons
Reducing personnel
Challenging and exciting place to work
Associate Tax Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2014
Fast-pasted, constantly changing environment that keeps everyone on their toes most of the time. Busy season year-round, with a few weeks in the summer to take vacations.
Free movie screenings were the best
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2014
Fast paced environment, co-workers were the best. Hardest part of working for this company was being promoted or finding another job within the company. Most enjoyable part of working for this company was the free movie screenings.
Pros
Preview movies before the are released to the public
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement within the department.
Nice People
Desk side Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista CAMay 5, 2014
Nice People. It outsourced and split between to many companies
very chaotic. Huge turnover in IT Dept.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad IT planning. revolving door of un qualified Help desk people
One perk for this job is seeing free movies
Coordinator, Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2014
Working for Fox Entertainment has been nice I really don't have too many bad things to say about the company other than being able to advance within the company if you don't know the right people.
Pros
Free movie screenings
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Overall a good job, mass layoffs did happen though
Product Analyst / Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Was a good job that over the years had become a great job, but ultimately did not last. Mass layoffs etc, dark times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2