Fox News Channel Employee Reviews

Stressful work place
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2016
I found this to be a stressful work place. I didn't feel valued by the organization. I'm sure your experience will differ depending on your department. I found it a valuable opportunity to understand how the real world of news works.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
high stress, felt expendable
Fox is alright without you
College Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2016
I found this internship interesting. Communication about the expectations of my duty was less than clear. Many workers in my department appeared to be slacking. Ideas about the overall direction or intention of the organization were not communicated downwards. It made it very difficult to pitch in. Overall, the internship felt like a formality. They had no intention of adding to their register and were capable of functioning without the superfluous college associate or many of their cushioned inveterate staff.
Pros
Free WSJ in building.
Cons
Unclear communication.
Rewarding and exciting place to work
Master Control Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Breaking news makes this a fast-paced work environment. New technology is constantly integrated and makes the job rewarding.
Great newsroom experience
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2016
There's no typical work day as a producer. As a journalist you are covering the White House, Capitol Hill, the Pentagon, and politics. It's about breaking news, getting accurate information, and meeting deadline.
One of the best News Media in the World
POLITICAL & IMAGE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
always fair and balanced
Best in the business.
Great team to work with.
leaders in the field of news globally
always prompt and most professional, respectful, and supportive of staff
Love it.
Freelance Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
Fox News Channel is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend every one to apply. It's also a great resume builder.
Fast-paced, detail oriented news and opinion outlet
Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
An always interesting, creative, challenging environment that draws on its denizens' hunger for knowledge, energy, excitement, achievement and engagement with the defining events of our time.
Pros
Every day is a fresh new set slate of stories.
Cons
Some stories are too ideologically targeted.
Good
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Good place to work, nice environment and excellent place where you can grow your network, professional and social skills.
Little room to move up. Expected to work at all hours
Segment Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
I loved my co-workers but the management was awful. There is little to no room to move up. The job is very demanding and highly competitive. You are never guaranteed a holiday and/or weekend off. You are expected to answer your blackberry at all hours and are compensated less than other cable news employees. The bonus is that you have a ton of job security and the people that work with you are generally young and fun. They also have great benefits
Pros
You get to meet high-profile people
Cons
no lunch break, no holidays off, lots of work for little pay
My daily Routine
Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 11, 2015
I currently work for Fox News as a Camera Operator as well as a Utility operator. I currently work on Shepard Smith Reporting, Hannity, and The Kelly File. On Shepard Smith Reporting I operate Ped Camera, handheld, handheld on sticks, or utility. On both Hannity and on The Kelly File I operate Ped camera or utility for The Stedi-cam. On a daily basis I set up Hannity’s Set by myself because the other tech operators are working on Cavuto and it helps out tremendously because when Cavuto is over they come up and Sean Hannity is ready to start taping his show. After taping Hannity’s show I help Set up The Kelly File with other Tech Ops. Whenever scheduling has me on standby, I always take it upon myself to operate a camera on other shows or pretapes that are taking place during my standby time.
Pros
Great peers who are willing to train you and not worried you will take their job.
Cons
Hard to get a staff position, not enough job opportunities.

Want to know more about Fox News Channel?

Ask a question
Good
Digital Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2015
Fox News is a great opportunity for anyone looking to break into the media industry. It provides great experience and knowledge.
Good work environment but poor pay
Shepard Smith Reporting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2015
-Fun place to work. Good people and an excellent opportunity to learn skills working in a breaking news environment.
-Low pay and it can be tough to advance your career
Pros
good working relationship with the staff
Cons
low pay and not much room for growth
Great work environment
Associate Producer & Guest Booker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Everyone is top notch at what they do and the executives truly care about their employees. There are extremely high standards and everyone works hard to surpass those standards.
Fun Place to work at
Audio Video Freelancer/ Robotic Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2015
Great employers always willing to help out. Working with very knowledgable people that have great skill sets to keep everyone sharp around them.
Producing at Fox News
Producer (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 3, 2015
Fox News is an extremely interesting place to work. It is different from other news organizations in that it has a specific message to get across. Each show has their role in the lineup clearly defined.

Each day I pitch stories and find the best guests to tell the story we need to tell.
Great Learning Environment
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2014
Great place to learn how to maintain professionalism in a diverse environment.
Not supportive of personal life
Video Editor / Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 25, 2014
Day to day is exactly the same. They don't understand work life balance
Good job
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
Working for The Fox News Channel was a great experience. After working for CNN for 10 years it was interesting to see how a similar company went about delivering the news.
Pros
good ratings and steady pay
Cons
difficult to cross train in other departments.
good
Sr. Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  NYCOctober 7, 2014
• Loading the DSM and DFP Application flat file into FXCRM application and automated the process using SQLLDR.
• Involved in Oracle Forms web Configuration.
• Handling Fusion Middleware admin Control , Installation and Configuration.
• Migration forms 6i/Reports 6i to Forms 11g/Reports 1g OAS web based
• Migration Discoverer 3i to 11g.
• Handling Change Control logic in DSM and DFP load.
• Handling with 8 schemas like XAR, XDSM, XOE, XSYS, XCC and XIMP,Xaudit.
• Understand the User requirements in the fast pace project to deliver the required task.
• Worked with Customer, Contracts, Online Adverting,.
• Creation of FXCRM Adhoc Discoverer 11g reports such as Sales, Invoice, DSM , FXCRM Invoice Report, FXCRM Adjustments Report, and FXCRM Order Details Reports for XCRM Applications.
• Compose, Test, and Implement (along with support documentation) procedures driven by UNIX Shell Script, advanced PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers
• Created UNIX Shell scripts to perform and report the status of the automated backups, file manipulation, transfers and archives.
• Customization of Custom Oracle Reports such as Invoice Report and Adjustment Report for online customers generated by PL/SQL package.
• Customized XAR Product Configuration form to add product specific fields and create and LOV for Product Categories for fox news to be used in FXCRM Application.
• Involved in Bug fixing for FXCRM applications using the Test Director 8.0.
• Altered Triggers in XAR and XOE Schemas to support Username functionality. This helped in fixing some of Bugs in Audit reports.
• Customized XAR Product
  more... Configuration form to add product specific fields and create and LOV for Product Categories for Dow Jones Corporation to be used in XCRM Application.
• Involved in Unit testing and fixing the problem that occurred in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Fox News Channel
Assignment Desk Editor, News Producer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Great organizational structure and training process. No better organization to teach the fundamentals of tv news gathering and production.

Fox News Channel Reviews by Location