Fox News Employee Review

One man show, but it happens to be the wrong guy.
Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2013
The whole company needs to be redone. Micro-management to the extreme. You can't have every decision make by one person, and it happens to be the wrong guy. Just do what you are told, and don't ask. If you ask, they will blame you and fault you for no reasons.

Lost almost ten people for the past 6 months. Putting people in positions and power that doesn't really have the background and skills. Development and Ops team are down to a few good talents on its' very last leg. Strategy and Project Management are both in complete chaos. Making poor decisions over and over again.

Leadership is so poor and don't really cares about their employees. In conclusion, unless you don't have a job, don't even think about going there. In fact, they can't attract any talent to fill their positions. Really a place for losers, not if you really want a career.
Pros
Average salary, resume builder, standard benefits, news and media industry
Cons
Micro management, no culture, everyone doesn't get along well, intense environment, horrible office space, old computers still running on XPs, everything is locked down, feels like going to prison then work

Other Fox News Employee Reviews

OK place to work, but is run like a military operation. Lowest paid of Boston TV stations. Non-Union
Producer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2018
Obey the rules, stay in your lane, don't complain describes COX the company that owns FOX 25. Somewhat lower end benefits. We've been asked our opinion on benefits and gave the company our thoughts through an anonymous survey.....but no answers back.
Cox has never addressed our benefit concerns in all the years I've been here.

This station is a decent place to work and is a good step to a bigger station in Boston or elsewhere. Non-Union so few restrictions in day to day work.

The station is run like a military operation...strict and disciplined. They are not too tolerant of mistakes. Corporate says they want input from us, but when given, the only feedback you hear is silence.

It short, not the best place to work but certainly not the worse. Would take Fox 25 anyday over WBZ or WHDH.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. In my years working for them they have never given
hourly employees or writers more than a 2 percent raise.
Pros
Good 401k, Generally decent people, they get us hotel rooms when there is a blizzard
Cons
One of the lowest paid in market, Don't count on more than a 2 percent raise. Not great Medical, Management doesn't want to hear a word we say.
Intense environment
Strategic Sourcing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
The training was not rigorous and you had to figure it out as you went along whilst being lectured for not knowing what you do. Employees are over worked and under paid due to the renowned "Fox" name.