Fox News Employee Reviews in United States

Fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a lot of employees.
Reporter/Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2016
Although this company seems to have a lot of opportunities, the chances for real growth are often very limited - people can get pigeon holed/type cast into their current position. Most employees I've seen stay at the same position for a while, without truly having a chance to diversify their skills.

There is no typical work day. Most of the workers are generally nice, but it's hard to get to know people personally.

Compensation could and should be higher.
Pros
Upbeat, generally most of the people are nice to work with.
Cons
Compensation could and should be higher.
Little room for advancement
Teleprompter Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
A lot of hurry up and wait mentality. Difficult to advance even if you take the initiative yourself and make it known what you desire.
Pros
Sometimes free snacks
Cons
Hurry up and wait mentality
Great coworkers
Freelance Producer/Assignment Desk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2016
An exciting and fast-paced working environment with some of the best and most knowledgeable coworkers. Downside was that the work was rotation based, so while you would practice and grow in editing, producing, or overnight shifts, you'd eventually go back to bureau assistant work--i.e. filing, faxing, office support.
Pros
Reliable and knowledgable coworkers, some growth opportunities
Cons
Difficult to climb up the ladder, newsroom work was rotation based so it was difficult to break out of the work you started out doing.
Productive work environment!
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is a mixture of hard working individuals along with outstanding team work and understanding of how important the newscast is and how important it is to make sure we all do our part so we can have the best newscast possible (if you have ever worked in a news station.. you know the importance of all the above)

Management here is amazing. That stems from Scripps all the way to the people who we work with in the station. Any concerns we have or issues they do their best to fix. They also work very hard to not only do their daily duties and commitments but to be involved in the newscast and mentor us in any way they can.

My coworkers are equally great individuals as well. They have worked very hard to be where they are and to have the seat they do in FOX.

Their appreciation for their job shows everyday.

You can see for yourself if you just turn on channel 4 :)
Great Job some nice people
switch board operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
I started working at Fox News/ News Corp Through Swiss Post Solution, its a cool place to work and some of their employees are nice. hardest part of the job is getting insulted by people that call regarding a tv show, the most enjoyable part was getting to see celebrities
Great learning place for learning
Newsroom Intern (Former Employee) –  Fox, NYMay 15, 2015
Very fast place environment for learning on the job. Requires a lot of different hats and fast switching to other roles. At times there seem to be too many people in the organization. Too many people that you seem lost in the crowd. Vary times and organizations.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Too much competition not enough teamwork
Great for people who are just working for a paycheck.
Commercial Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Great work life balance in Commercial Operations. No room to grow. It is a 9-5 job. People are very friendly and good to work with.
News Information Technician
On-Air Graphics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2014
Stay on beat with the up to the second demands of a live newsroom in a 24/7 working environment and facilitate the instant accessibility to corporate level images, while learning and reinventing the process to be more accurate and responsive for all levels of users.
Accounting/Finance Dept.
Accounting/Finance position (Former Employee) –  1211 Avenue of Americas, 2nd floorJuly 13, 2014
Worked there for several years in the Accounting/Finance department. Management is HORRIBLE in the sense that there is serious micromanaging, very clickish and they literally try to intimidate their employees. I survived for so long because my manager wasn't like that BUT they certainly were afraid to speak up for their department because of how everyone else was. There is a lot of work so your very busy and the company has excellent benefits. Also, the staff (non-management) workers for the most part are great people all across the board. Management is sort of our elephant in the room where the abuse (yes I have seen for myself many situations where others where badly mistreated) is spoken of in whispers. As for the other departments it seemed like it was a better work environment. So if your applying to FOX News you'd be wise to stay away from any Accounting and Finance positions.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, really nice coworkers, gym, very nice cafeteria
Cons
horrible management
Interesting and fun workplace
Co-Op Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work was pushing a lot of stories from the wire feed we had access to, to the main website that we produced for. It was never particularly hectic, nor was it particularly slow all too often. My co-workers were very cool guys. They showed me the ropes very early on and answered any questions I asked. I learned a lot about how a newsroom works, and all the parts that go into putting content on a website.
Productive and fun place to work.
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaApril 9, 2014
I learned a lot about film production and news room activities. I always knew that Journalism/Communications was where I wanted to pursue a career, but thanks to my experiences at Fox I am positive.
Fun work environment and good experience for an entry level television job
Tape Department Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  1211 Avenue of the America's, New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
I've began working at the Fox News Channel in early 2011. During my time there I have moved from the media desk to the tape department working on live daytime news programming. Fox has a great work environment with friendly co workers and supervisors. While at Fox I have had the opportunity to work on several shows and learn how the newsroom environment works.
Pros
friendly work environment, experience working in breaking news, ability to work in different departments and learn new skills.
Cons
low pay, long hours including weekends, holidays and overnights, difficulty moving up from within due to many people applying for a limited number of positions.
Created News Stories and Helped With Producing News
Reporter and Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  FargoSeptember 10, 2013
Created stories for the 6 and 9 o'clock news while helping with production of the show
Enjoy watching sports all day and learning things about the sports world I did not know already.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2013
A typical day was basically watching sports and cutting highlights. I learned how to cut highlights from live games and edit music into videos. the management was laid back and very comfortable to talk too. my co workers were college students and famous people so the environment was very exciting. the hardest part of the job was leaving. the most enjoyable part was coming in everyday working with sports.
productive and fun workplace interacting with all kinds of people
Lead Sales Associate-HMS HOST (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis Int'l AirportMarch 28, 2013
it's always busy at work as people stop by to purchase convenient things such as water, snacks n etc. You learned lots of things from your customer as you interact with them as you are helping them. most of the managers are great except there are couple of managers that are very disrespectful, defensive, and unprofessional. the hardest part of the job was to deal with those lazy manager and the most enjoyable part is interacting and helping our customers with my best ability.
Pros
interacting with all kinds of people and making their day with good services...
Cons
low paying job, some annoying manager
Had a great job and would do it again.
Coach two Little league baseball teams (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2012
Great company to work for and start a career.
On a good day you can meet some real fine people and learn more about other lifestyles.
Pros
meet a lot of famous people
Cons
work over night
Workflow
Franchise News Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2012
 Produce health and business/consumer news for Fox News Edge, a network news sharing service tapped by over 150 Fox affiliates across the country