Fox News Employee Reviews

Great Place for An Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
The News Edge department gave me a great introduction into television news. You learn a great deal in a supportive environment where everyone you were working with was happy to have you on board.
Overall Review
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
Communicative, Fun, and Friendly Environment.
A lot of room and ability to grow within the company. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business.
Productive Environment in a Tough Industry
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
It can be difficult to move up, though there are a lot of opportunities to learn new skills. However, there is low turnover. People are smart, which makes working there fun.
Fun place to work
AWS Solution Architect & Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission.I'm always learning something new every day.
Exciting and productive place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC and New York CityJuly 4, 2017
The days can be hectic when the news cycle is active.... but that always excited me to work even more. I liked the frantic energy of the newsroom, and the people I supported.
Pros
Management truly cares for its employees
Cons
Long work days and travel during election years that may be tiring
Learning new things and meeting people
Floor director/PA (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 29, 2017
the typical day at work is very interesting, and always productive. I learn about cameras,lighting, audio & mixing. Driving the company vehicle to promos and loading equipment. being around many different culture made it nice to get other point of views, nothing really hard about the job, just have to stay focus and ready.
Pros
meeting people and travleing
Cons
no health benefits
Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Fox News is a great place to work, the people are wonderful to work with. Fox always give you an opportunity to to succeed and move up in the company. I have been at fox for 4 years and I have learned so much that has advanced my skill in my professional and personal life. I have learned how to manage multiple tasking in a high pass job also bettered my creative thinking.
Fun place to work
Field Engineer (ENG) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
Co-workers are like family. Great benefits and the checks never bounce. Been working at Fox for 20 years now and I love what I do. Its a great place to work.
Pros
Great place
Excellent
College Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2017
Working at Fox news during the 2016 election was an experience unlike any other. I was given so much to do on any given day. No matter what the current news was I was given many tasks to assist the production staff with the daily show. All supervisors were approachable and helpful when I had questions, from the production assistants to to senior producer I was always treated as an equal to the team not as an intern.
Pros
Long lunch break, exposed to different software and programs
Cons
Working from a remote location from the production team
Fast paced atmosphere, slow paced trajetcory
PA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Fox likes to keep their employees in house and promote from within. The only thing that is frustrating about that is it means they will only move you up if there is room to put you. The salary is barely worth it too.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
short breaks, small salary, no upward mobility
Productive and Learning Experience
College Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot
Helping Production Assistants input videos
Transcription
Research
Social Media Videos
Being in the Control Room
It was a very good learning experience
Great Friendly work environment and Pay!
Runner (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 21, 2017
Loved working for Fox news they were a lot better than other networks I have worked for. All of my coworkers were very friendly and fun to be around. Highly recommended!!!
Pros
Free meals great pay!!
Don't try
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  1211 6th aveMarch 7, 2017
Don't work there unless you want to have a low ceiling. No room for growth, no team meetings, no sense of stability. Upper management is basically a ghost. Never there.
Pros
Some friendly co-workers
Cons
Stuck in a box
productive and friendly staff
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
All of the staff are superb and are highly skilled and talented. a typical day will consist of going over night to set up audio equipment and engineer sound for the bans that come on Fox And Friends
Clique-ish
Freelance Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2017
Came in as a freelance camera operator in September of 2015. The other camera operators had been with the network for many years. It was definitely a "clique" type environment.
Very Informative Internship
Fox 35 (WOFL) Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2016
I learned many aspects of different departments and learn how a television news broadcast gets created. I got the chance to check out different aspects and learn all about news.
Pros
Helpful people
Cons
It is difficult to take lead
Fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a lot of employees.
Reporter/Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2016
Although this company seems to have a lot of opportunities, the chances for real growth are often very limited - people can get pigeon holed/type cast into their current position. Most employees I've seen stay at the same position for a while, without truly having a chance to diversify their skills.

There is no typical work day. Most of the workers are generally nice, but it's hard to get to know people personally.

Compensation could and should be higher.
Pros
Upbeat, generally most of the people are nice to work with.
Cons
Compensation could and should be higher.
Little room for advancement
Teleprompter Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
A lot of hurry up and wait mentality. Difficult to advance even if you take the initiative yourself and make it known what you desire.
Pros
Sometimes free snacks
Cons
Hurry up and wait mentality
Great coworkers
Freelance Producer/Assignment Desk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2016
An exciting and fast-paced working environment with some of the best and most knowledgeable coworkers. Downside was that the work was rotation based, so while you would practice and grow in editing, producing, or overnight shifts, you'd eventually go back to bureau assistant work--i.e. filing, faxing, office support.
Pros
Reliable and knowledgable coworkers, some growth opportunities
Cons
Difficult to climb up the ladder, newsroom work was rotation based so it was difficult to break out of the work you started out doing.
Productive work environment!
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is a mixture of hard working individuals along with outstanding team work and understanding of how important the newscast is and how important it is to make sure we all do our part so we can have the best newscast possible (if you have ever worked in a news station.. you know the importance of all the above)

Management here is amazing. That stems from Scripps all the way to the people who we work with in the station. Any concerns we have or issues they do their best to fix. They also work very hard to not only do their daily duties and commitments but to be involved in the newscast and mentor us in any way they can.

My coworkers are equally great individuals as well. They have worked very hard to be where they are and to have the seat they do in FOX.

Their appreciation for their job shows everyday.

You can see for yourself if you just turn on channel 4 :)