FOX RACING SHOX Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced environment
assembly line (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMay 9, 2016
environment was fast paced with little pay and no raise available to agency employees prior to company employees having better benefits. Workers were not heard in general/ appreciated. Schedule was fit with weekends off. Co-workers had opinionated when it came to new employees and their first day on the job. Favoritism was a big plus in the way employees were treated. Agency members were not offered PTO hours.
Pros
free lunch only when lines were productive
Cons
short breaks, healthcare only offered to certain extent to non-company employees, no PTO offered to agency employees
Great hours, No opportunity
SHIPPING DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 30, 2016
I spend most of my day printing orders to be pulled and shipping orders. As I have worked at Fox I have learned how to manage a team to encourage efficiency. The management is supportive and helps as necessary. I enjoy the coworkers in my department and find them to be encouraging at all times. The hardest part of my job is juggling various tasks at the same time. I manage to always accomplish all of my tasks though, with support from my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with and the accomplishment I feel after a hard day's work.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
Poor Management
I thought sweat shops didn't exist. Wrong...
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Unskilled farm workers are used to make / assembly shocks for bikes and cars. These workers are given one task to do for 8 + hours and are intimidated while they work. Although I was not part of this work force, I witnessed it daily. I saw this type of hostile work environment and intimidation of these workers daily. Management didn't have any sense of caring for their production floor workers or engineering for that matter. Lots of product returns and complaints of their products. Co-workers I worked with cared, but management didn't. Production day was a minimum of 10-12 hrs, typically 14-16 hrs to keep the product line running.

New Quality Manager was clueless. Production engineers were very knowledgeable. Sales team was great.
Pros
Lots of challenges to over come, this made for a busy and fast day.
Cons
Management didn't care and production workers were intimidated and used as slave laborers
FOX was a good place to work
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I was very successful placing people at FOX. My internal customers were happy with my efforts and supported my efforts.
productive and fun workplace with foosball table
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Watsonville, CAAugust 31, 2015
co-workers are very easy and fun to work with!
fruits every Friday :)
the hardest part of the job if you don't what your doing, but most enjoyable part is when you learned everything :)
Pros
free lunch once in the blue moon
Cons
good benifits
One of a kind
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 5, 2015
Its about who you know not what you know. Otherwise a good place to work. Employees work hard but no one really wants to stay due to pay and raises. i personally enjoyed my time there. it was a learning experience to say the least.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
lack of respect for lower ranks.
Good Food & Good People
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMay 23, 2015
When I got to Fox in the morning the team would check the work orders to see if there were any "rush' orders. If there were we would do those right away. First pull the parts for the build from a wall of hundreds of numbered bins, gather together kits for sub assemblies, & then build them. After they were done the main shock or fork would be builds & cleansed in an isopropyl alcohol bath. Finally I apply decals & package the suspension in a box with pre-cut foam, sealing it with an order number sticker.
Pros
Great food trucks, free t shirts and hats occasionally
Cons
short lunch, tight schedule
It was a very productive job and a fun place I had ever work at.
Cell Lead (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CADecember 19, 2014
At Fox Racing I started my work day at 2:30pm went to a meeting with the supervisors and the boss to discuss problems and how production was going. Then went to packaging department and start setting everything up so when all the works came in everything was ready to star working. At 3pm all the people came in and I assign to each individual what they had to do or where they had to go. Then I check the orders that had to be pack that night. Choose one and gave it to my kizen which was the person responsible to check every fork and decided if it was okay to be pack and be ship. After that I etch a serial number to the fok and gave it to the next person so she/he could bag it and put it on a box. Print lables for each box and for each fork.
Pros
i learn how to run a group of people and tell them what they had to do.
good culture, little structure
Process Improvement Lead (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMay 13, 2015
Fox is a company that is right by the beach, and the culture represents that. Many people there are really nice, but they lack structure. This lack of structure exists all the way up the ladder. Many management positions were hired in attempt to resolve larger systemic issues, but were given very little training, direction, or background of the issues. This was mainly because there was never anyone who know how/what to train employees, and work hand-offs were very poor.
Many newly hired management employees were fired shortly after being hired (most of them "permanent" positions) because they couldn't solve the systemic issues, but weren't set up to succeed.

Shortly after I was hired for Fox they were IPO'd. They didn't offer any kind of stock options or any benefit to their employees, including seasoned management. This is a company that does very little for their employees. They take advantage of their location close to the beach, where it is tough to find reasonable work, and offer meager employee salaries.
Pros
Great people
Cons
company doesnt set up employees for sucess
Rapidly growing business with excellent quality reputation
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Building materials management program to support 30-40% growth thru 16 quarters. Difficult decisions were all top down with no real inputs allowed. Creativity suffered as a result.

Pressure on the system was constant and work load while bearable was not constructively optimized.

Employee turnover was very high and made consistency a problem.
Pros
great place to work and grow, perks and employee discounts
Cons
stress and constant bqck stabbing
Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  WatsonvilleDecember 11, 2013
Top management threatens their employees in an effort to get them to work harder and faster. All employees get to stand at their workstations for 10 to 12 hours per day. I would be interesting to see if top manager could stands at the employees workstation for 10 to 12 hours everyday. Start time is 6:00 and their is a lot of overtime depending upon the season. Otherwise, the employees have to take their vacations or take the day off without pay. Management does have a clue how to run this business. There is a tremendous amount of idle time from part to part.
Pros
you get a job
Cons
work like a dog, with no written instructions.
Productive, Fun with great culture
Inventory lead (Former Employee) –  watsonville, caFebruary 20, 2015
A work environment where time passes time quick with workers who are diversified and kind. Good management stuff along with a caring human resources crew
Pros
discounts, free fruits
Great place to work if you're into anything that goes fast.
OEM Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMarch 10, 2014
Fox was a great opportunity to work in the outdoor industry. Motivated coworkers and a fun culture were some definite perks, but don't be fooled, you were expected to work hard and accomplish a lot.
Pros
great products you got to ride, awesome culture, and a fun place to work.
Cons
relatively low pay compared to other industries.
Fox for life!
Sales / Technical Support / Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Best job ever! Great work schedule compared to other companies. The work culture is all race, all the time! Who does want that!
Great place to work, safe and enjoyable atmosphere.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMarch 10, 2014
Great staff and lots of hard working employees, I love the fast pace, I learned a lot from the empolyees, I learned to work as team and alone as well. I found the job to be pleasent and easy.
Pros
great hours
Cons
there could be lay offs
Exciting and challenging experience
US Aftermarket Sales and Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Industry leader in vehicle suspension technology. FOX provided a challenging and exciting work environment while providing excellent leadership and industry leaders.
fast paced work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  san diego caMarch 11, 2013
worked on a production line putting racing shox together for high end racing vehicles ive learned saftey is key in any job the co workers are very helpful and so are the managers
Pros
good pay and good hours
Cons
very long hours
Productive work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAApril 19, 2014
It was a great job were to start working i really loved working in fox racing shox i was always punctual and never missed days of work. AT Fox racing Shox they make shox for bikes its such an enjoyable job .
INVENTORY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMarch 26, 2014
Everyone works hard and has fun while working which makes it a great environment.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
job security/advancement