Fox Rehabilitation Employee Reviews in United States

Most unethical and uncaring company ever!!
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 24, 2016
Do yourself a favor and skip this job, there are plenty of other wonderful therapy jobs out there. This company will run you ragged from expecting you to work for free during meetings and for documentation and no gas mileage reimbursement, to having to work long hours just to meet a quota every week that is just too much for any ethical therapist to participate in. Obviously the company is out to make the profits off of the therapists back without giving anything back in return. Think about it, there is a reason that this company is CONSTANTLY posting ads for therapists, the turn over is very high, as it should be when you treat therapists like very poorly!!
Pros
Cons
Very expensive benefits with poor coverage, 100% productivity expected, expected to work for free on your own time for staff meetings, no compensation for mandatory company get togethers in other states, no gas mileage reimbursement for driving, high quotas expected, no reimbursement for documentation time, poor maternity benefits, little vacation time, very hostile management and human resources.
Unethical Clinical Strategies / Poor Employment Model
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 1, 2015
In order to make a decent salary, it is imperative that you have strong sales skills. If your patient's don't want to participate in therapy, the clinician will not make money. It is possible to spend 8 hours at a facility and only see 1,2 or 3 patients, or none. The clinician only gets paid for the actual time billed and not for the time spent at the facility. Many of the locations or possibly none of the locations do not have rehab techs to assist with time management. And, in many cases, the clinician must bring his or her own equipment to the facility. The clinicians are asked to go to meetings, compile lengthy reports that they don't get paid for. Lastly, management does not appear to be properly trained in clinical standards and board guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new co-workers.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Unstable employment model; unethical clinical and potentially illegal employment practices
Positive atmosphere where autonomous, excellent patient care is provided.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2016
Working at Fox is excellent overall due to the positive culture created and fostered by the superior management and clinicians. The pt support staff are efficient and work hard for you behind the scenes.
Pros
supportive, high skilled management, autonomy, ability to treat patient in situ, wonderful support staff behind the scenes
Cons
long work days due to the nature of home visits
speech pathologist
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 10, 2015
As a speech pathologist working for a PT run company, you get zero respect. SLPs have to market and get own patients, drive 3 times as much as other disciplines, and have to fend for self in company and ALFs. The company does not back you up and will throw you under the bus to protect themselves.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor management and support

Comment – November 17, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your time here. While SLPs are outnumbered by PTs and OTs, we have nothing but the utmost respect for our SLPs. In fact, many of our SLPs have been with us for years and will tell you they love working at FOX. If you can contact us with details of a situation where you felt you were disrespected, we'd love to hear from you so that we can handle that internally in a timely manner. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Evidenced base practice
Lead Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTApril 14, 2016
Self starters will thrive
Time management skills required
Documentation soft ware is very challenging
Job work/Life Balance is a challenge
Pros
Evidenced based practice
Cons
Work/Life balance
Financially & ethically unstable
Current employee (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 8, 2014
If you have any business and analytical sense, need not apply.

Prized employees are those who lack any form of a back bone and willingly adhere to a non-ethical work environment. The working concept of Fox is brilliant. Unfortunately, greed and over indulgent senior members of the executive team have narrowed the future path of Fox to be very bleak.

This is a great company for entry level sales associates allowing for the opportunity to network and move into a career with a public and stable organization.

There is not a matching 401k and benefits are bare minimum. The pay is average in the healthcare sales environment-aligned with entry level pharmaceutical reps minus all of the great perks.

If you've been successful in the healthcare industry, it's not in your best interest to add Fox Rehabilitation to your resume.
Pros
no tracking devices for field employees
Cons
everything else
Poor work/life
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 2, 2016
This company was great at reviewing your notes and in education on documentation to meet Medicare standards. I developed a severe case of sciatica due to the stress and lack of balance between work and my life.
Pros
Education on documentation to meet Medicare standards
Cons
Poor work/live balance

Comment – February 11, 2016

Thank you for your honest review. It is great to see that you are satisfied with the education you received on the documentation, which many clinicians will say is the hardest part of the job, especially with the recent transition to ICD-10. Your complaint about work/life balance is unusual to us, as that's what most of our clinicians like best about working here. Our clinicians are offered the autonomy to set their own schedule, allowing them to schedule around family life commitments. And clinicians are encouraged to front-load their schedule to allow more time off toward the end of the week.

BEWARE!! Horrible place to work
Commercial AR Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 21, 2014
Company gives false hope of job security. Always bends the rules to suit themselves. Owner is greedy, selfish and cares nothing about his employees although he would have you believe it with the 1000s of thank you emails they flood you with. No advancement, no salary increases, no bonuses. They work you to death and micro manage every aspect of your job. Management is clueless. Company is VERY shady and im pretty sure they are doing something illegal. No empathy for things out of your control, weather, jury duty. .etc. STAY AWAY! !
Pros
nothing
Cons
health care, short breaks, unfair pay
Excellent Private Practice with Realistic Expectations
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  SCMay 2, 2013
I have a very unique perspective on this practice. I have had the opportunity to work in the medical records department while in physical therapy school, and as a staff clinician physical therapist in the community.

This is not a practice for someone that wants to just 'go though the motions'. Throughout my time with FOX I have been encouraged to go above and beyond and strive to be best I can possibly be. The culture is centered around the therapist and because of this, each therapist is able to deliver excellent clinical care.

That being said, compensation and benefits are hands down the best I have ever seen. Patient care expectations are high because they should be, and productivity expectations are set based on the individual. Support is always available and increased efficiency is always top priority.

Working with older adults is my passion and FOX allows me all the tools to serve them.
Pros
continuing ed courses, autonomy, advancement, benefits, team oriented culture, support available
Cons
occasional solitude (not always a bad thing), periodical interruptions in communication
Used to be a great place to work
Business Ops (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 13, 2014
This company used to be the best and I used to lovvve my job! until the owner got greedy and management changed, they forgot what was important once it started to grow! Its a shame that I watched so many hard working dedicated employees get fired or quit due to the unfairness and selfishness of this company! DO NOT waste your time with this place they will fire you at the drop of a dime for the simplest things! Not to mention the several layoffs that have happened in the past 2 years! If your not a clinician your nothing, business operation employees are second class citizens....TRUST ME
Pros
mon-fri 8-4:30 work week
Cons
heatlh insurance, short breaks, micro management
great service.... terrible management
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill NJNovember 25, 2014
I love Fox because they deliver phenomenal care to patients and I love what Fox brings to the community. Although raises have been on freeze for I dont know how long, people have been sticking it out for years without a raise. They dont have direct deposit and keep promising it will come. The VP of reimbursement dont know anything except how many dollars she is bringing through the door. GREAT but she dont even understand who does what and this goes here and that goes there. I have an issue with this. The supervisor of my old department is a witch who dont know how to speak to people... she talks to you like your a child or incompetent. But in all actuality she is because she dont even know how to do the jobs we do everyday and again she is another one who does not know who does what. The people who are working the hardest are not recognized and not even getting raises. The only thing I have to say is superiors make decisions without thinking them through but it bites them in the rear in the end.
Pros
great coworkers great experience great location
Cons
lack of training, supervisors are unworthy of position, bust your behind and dont get compensated, raises on freeze for years
Great company with innovative ideals
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  PAMay 7, 2013
Fox is an innovative practice with a wonderful approach to patient care. If you love geriatrics and want to spend quality time with your patients, it is a great place to work. They are also incredibly supportive of advancement and continuing education. This would not be a good place for a clinician who is not interested in professional development. If you work hard, they will reward you.
Pros
patient care, great concept, flexible schedule
Cons
medicare regulations always changing- indicative of current healthcare climate.
Great Place to Work....
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 16, 2014
Joining this company was liberation for me! It is like the Disneyland for therapists if you are willing to work hard! Fox requires a firm commitment from it's therapists. They want therapists who are committed to delivering clinically, evidenced based care that is painstakingly excellent. They want people who are committed to helping to change how insurances view therapists based on the level of care therapists should be providing.

Management is very accessible based on the level you desire or need. At Fox you are given the opportunity to be an autonomous clinician and to treat your patients the way that you want to treat. No one stands over you with a clock to ensure your patient achieves a higher rug score.

Recruitment and joining the practice is easy. Amber in recruitment does a fantastic job to make sure that your transition into Fox is easy and painless.

This is a forward thinking practice with a commitment to the therapists. It is fast paced and it is also a place where hard work is rewarded.
Pros
autonomy, flexibility, ability to make my own schedule, pto when i want without having to get coverage.
Cons
the ever changing medicare regs!!!
Very Tense
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 27, 2014
You would start with any voice mails, running statements for patients bills, stuff all the envelopes, answer any calls in reference to the patients bills. Verify their insurance, and help with any discrepancies in the bills.

As for Management, none of the departments worked together, one never knew what the other was doing. Cross training with employees and management is important so everyone understands the full circle of the business..

My co workers were down to earth and helped each other in my department.

Hardest part was trying to get another department to understand what we do, and how we did it.

Most enjoyable part was our team meetings and being recognized for our accomplishments by our team lead only.
Pros
learning something new from another department
Cons
having management talk down to you
A rewarding place to work with a strong passion for quality geriatric rehabilitation
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cherry HillApril 29, 2013
As a physical therapist having the ability to spend 1:1 quality time with patients was something I was not sure existed when I was leaving the acute and post acute setting. At Fox I found out that with a little hard work and the support of good clinical leadership you could have not only a rewarding career but the flexibility to take care of a family as well. Fox definitely encourages a much higher level of professionalism than other environments I have worked in, that has always pushed me to want to be a better clinician and improve the impression which has often been associated with providing therapy in the home.
Pros
flexibility, evidence based practice, good leadership support
Cons
hard work, documentation, insurance regulations!
Unique private practice that faciliates true autonomy with excellent growth potential.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 12, 2014
Throughout my tenure with Fox I have witnessed growth and change in ways that dwarf the competition. Fox is owned and operated by therapists which shows day-in and day-out. The autonomy is amazing but it can be challenging at first. If you have the confidence and want to provide truly excellent and autonomous therapy, this is the place for you.
Pros
better relationships with patients due to a longer plan of care, no mandatory interdisciplinary meetings, salary, benefits, autonomy to set your schedule as you like
Cons
managing your own caseload, advocating for patients and medical necessity
clueless management
speech pathologist (Former Employee) –  dcSeptember 25, 2014
After my interview the interviewer offered me a position and a start date for training. Later the recruiter called me and said that they "were still interviewing."

The disconnect suggested a shaky organization. I continued my search and am glad that Fox was so unable to follow through on a commitment by the hiring manager because I am now very happy in a ethical medical speech pathology setting!
Cons
confusing management structure, questionable referral system
Fast pace work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 26, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of entering data from the previous week. Writing out alerts for the therapists to correct the mistakes they have made in order to bill the patient for that week of service. I learned to adapt to change quickly. How to enter patient information into the system. I also learned the ins and outs of data entry. The management was a little a skewed due to not having an actual manager. But we did have Team Leaders that gave us directions of what to do for the day. My co- workers were great, they were all helpful and nice. I got along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was adapting to many changes that would happen but I was able to continue with my work that I had to do. The most enjoyable part was getting the experience. Also the office was laid back as in we were able to listen to music as we were doing our work. The company had great activities that we would be able to do.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
poor management and lack of organizaiton
Outside sales
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 16, 2014
Promotion of services to referral sources within the healthcare industry. Responsible for building new case loads, monitoring referral trends by analyzing plans for slow and peak areas and assist in expansion of territory. Manage weekly and monthly statistic tracking reports by creating spreadsheets to monitor trends. Strategize with Regional Director in the development of new contracts or accounts with nontraditional referral sources. Responsible for booking meetings and luncheons to obtain and/or increase referrals. Maintain solid relationships with referral sources
Autonomy to provide clinically excellent care
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 4, 2014
I am proud that I am able to build caring relationships with my clients which maximize the goals we can achieve together. Fox delivers a proactive approach to healthcare which allows their clinicians to promote strength and well-being before a fall or other injury occurs. I get the privilege of working on a great team with dedicated and passionate clinicians. There are also plenty of opportunities for advancement at Fox. I like that Fox encourages ongoing education: they provide 3-4 paid CEU courses annually, a PACE program (which is a clinical ladder that focuses on Professional, Academic and Clinical Excellence), and a Geriatric Residency Training Program. I am able to base my plans of care on what works best and is functionally appropriate, not on what insurance covers or what is traditionally done.
Pros
autonomy, emphasis on evidence based practice, flexibility, being able to work in client's natural environment, supportive director, fun team, continuing education opportunities
Cons
time spent on documentation, the ever changing medicare guidelines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9