Fox Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Home health therapist = Med B
Home Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mercer County, NJJune 15, 2017
Patients were primarily seen due to a decline in functional mobility in the home. However, since they were not recently hospitalized and their decline in not sudden, they are not as motivated to participate in therapy compared to someone who had a sudden change in their functional status.
Cons
frequent patient cancellatons
Traveling a lot
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAMay 21, 2017
They don't compensate for mileage. I love working with the clients and the therapist. Management needs help on time management and integrity. They are for money.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Overwork and managers are not trustworthy
Terrible, dishonest
Occupational Therapist, Hansson, MA (Former Employee) –  Hanson, MAApril 30, 2017
I would not recommend this company to any of my friends or family. The management gave no direction to this new graduate. The human resources department demonstrated poor people skills and unwillingness to work with others. I am very disappointed in this company overall.
Pros
Specific facility staff = wonderful
Cons
Most
calling on outstanding medical bills
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJFebruary 28, 2017
The Fox family worked well together and are a very generous group of people who help others in need. They truly appreciate their employees.
they hired me literally right after completing my medical billing and coding classes and although I never got that far, I was grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
the meetings were always fun
Cons
my job was too short
Positive Working Environment, Great Flexiblity
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2017
I have been working with FOX in Virginia for a little under a year now, and honestly do not have one complaint about the organization. Everyone works together and collaborates as a team. My Director couldn't be more approachable or easy to communicate with. There is a strong sense of culture here, and 98% of the people I've encountered seem genuinely happy. They trust their employees to get their work done without having to micro manage their schedules. I have referred two of my close friends who recently joined FOX, and will continue to recommend the practice as a great place to work!
Pros
Flexiblity, culture, independance
Cons
Honestly not many. The computers could use some updating..
Ok to work for.
Commerical Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 7, 2017
My manger was excellent. My coworkers was great. We worked very hard. Lots of team moral and team building events. Was good to their patient/clients. Mostly miss my coworkers.
Poor Work/Life Balance
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 1, 2016
Burnt out very quickly with the high quota, high mileage and excessive documentation. When asked to reduce quota due to family obligations (toddler at home) the management was hostile and was given an ultimatum to do the quota or leave. Quickly decided this was not the right company for me and I found a wonderful therapy position I love. If you are young and have not started a family then maybe you can make this job work for you, but for OTs with young children at home that need a mom who is not constantly on the computer documenting until 11pm at night then look elsewhere.
Pros
Good documentation training for Medicare
Cons
required to work in poor weather conditions to reach high quota, had to purchase own therapy equipment and PPE
SLP support and understanding sucks!
SLP (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 19, 2016
Everyone in management clearly gets a script they memorize so that all sounds like a broken record. Lots of broken promises, lots of straight half truths. Speech therapists get poor support. SLPs are given impossible expectations yet held to the same standards as OT/PT. If you like stress, being overlooked, given poor training, high units and poor support join the Fox team
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
Lots of driving, Management talks in circles, Poor problem solving/support, Difficult to balance home and work, Very long cons list.
Great Co-workers
Medicare AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 30, 2016
My co-workers weren't just my co-workers they were my work family. I felt very appreciated and loved by the staff at Fox Rehabilitation. You always may have one or two people that you may have issues with or they have issues with you, but overall the rest of the staff treated me great. They go all out and decorate your desk when celebrating your birthday and they sing happy birthday to you too. Also, you get a cake and card. We had team games once every couple months and different activities for the whole office through out the year. My favorite part of my department was decorating for the holidays, we always go all out. Besides the pay and poor benefits, everything else was great at Fox Rehab. I worked in the Medicare AR department, the reason I left was because I had moved and the distance to work was difficult for me.
Pros
Free Food, great staff and great moral
Cons
starting pay and benefits
strong employee support
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 26, 2016
Very thorough orientation, managers are supportive and knowledgeable of the company both clinical and business aspects. Company appears to work better for PT/OT's versus ST's.
Too short staffed
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  NJMay 8, 2016
This is not the job for you if you can learn with minimum training. The co-workers are very nice but it seems that people leave abruptly and management was not honest at interview as far as having a full functional team. Very short staffed and pressured to do several other team members work. It seems they rather have other co-workers fill in instead of having a complete working team.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Minimal training, very short staffed
Positive atmosphere where autonomous, excellent patient care is provided.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2016
Working at Fox is excellent overall due to the positive culture created and fostered by the superior management and clinicians. The pt support staff are efficient and work hard for you behind the scenes.
Pros
supportive, high skilled management, autonomy, ability to treat patient in situ, wonderful support staff behind the scenes
Cons
long work days due to the nature of home visits
Love the Fox culture
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 23, 2016
make my own schedule, great management, and educational opportunities, love geriatrics. Fox management is Perfect, but Brookdales leaves a lot to be desired. Glad I'm not employed directly by them
Evidenced base practice
Lead Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTApril 14, 2016
Self starters will thrive
Time management skills required
Documentation soft ware is very challenging
Job work/Life Balance is a challenge
Pros
Evidenced based practice
Cons
Work/Life balance
Most unethical and uncaring company ever!!
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 24, 2016
Do yourself a favor and skip this job, there are plenty of other wonderful therapy jobs out there. This company will run you ragged from expecting you to work for free during meetings and for documentation and no gas mileage reimbursement, to having to work long hours just to meet a quota every week that is just too much for any ethical therapist to participate in. Obviously the company is out to make the profits off of the therapists back without giving anything back in return. Think about it, there is a reason that this company is CONSTANTLY posting ads for therapists, the turn over is very high, as it should be when you treat therapists like very poorly!!
Pros
Cons
Very expensive benefits with poor coverage, 100% productivity expected, expected to work for free on your own time for staff meetings, no compensation for mandatory company get togethers in other states, no gas mileage reimbursement for driving, high quotas expected, no reimbursement for documentation time, poor maternity benefits, little vacation time, very hostile management and human resources.
Poor work/life
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 2, 2016
This company was great at reviewing your notes and in education on documentation to meet Medicare standards. I developed a severe case of sciatica due to the stress and lack of balance between work and my life.
Pros
Education on documentation to meet Medicare standards
Cons
Poor work/live balance
February 11, 2016

Thank you for your honest review. It is great to see that you are satisfied with the education you received on the documentation, which many clinicians will say is the hardest part of the job, especially with the recent transition to ICD-10. Your complaint about work/life balance is unusual to us, as that's what most of our clinicians like best about working here. Our clinicians are offered the autonomy to set their own schedule, allowing them to schedule around family life commitments. And clinicians are encouraged to front-load their schedule to allow more time off toward the end of the week.

speech pathologist
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 10, 2015
As a speech pathologist working for a PT run company, you get zero respect. SLPs have to market and get own patients, drive 3 times as much as other disciplines, and have to fend for self in company and ALFs. The company does not back you up and will throw you under the bus to protect themselves.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor management and support
November 17, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your time here. While SLPs are outnumbered by PTs and OTs, we have nothing but the utmost respect for our SLPs. In fact, many of our SLPs have been with us for years and will tell you they love working at FOX. If you can contact us with details of a situation where you felt you were disrespected, we'd love to hear from you so that we can handle that internally in a timely manner. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Unethical Clinical Strategies / Poor Employment Model
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 1, 2015
In order to make a decent salary, it is imperative that you have strong sales skills. If your patient's don't want to participate in therapy, the clinician will not make money. It is possible to spend 8 hours at a facility and only see 1,2 or 3 patients, or none. The clinician only gets paid for the actual time billed and not for the time spent at the facility. Many of the locations or possibly none of the locations do not have rehab techs to assist with time management. And, in many cases, the clinician must bring his or her own equipment to the facility. The clinicians are asked to go to meetings, compile lengthy reports that they don't get paid for. Lastly, management does not appear to be properly trained in clinical standards and board guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new co-workers.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Unstable employment model; unethical clinical and potentially illegal employment practices
I rate this company as a good employer, with good benefits.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Reading , PAApril 17, 2015
I would treat patients at an Assisted Living Facility, as well as screen those patients who had fallen recently. I would contact the other two occupational patients, to review our schedules, and make sure that we coordinated our services. I would also contact the nurse at the ALF to let her know the patient's progression, and at the discretion of the patients would also contact those family members with power of attorney who needed to be notified of the patients progress or lack of. I had to write a contact progress note every for every visit and use a computer program to do so. Every seven days a summary would have to be written. oftentimes we would contact the patient's insurance to provide updates as well as ask for further visits as necessary. The hardest part of the job was trying to services a larger area in the community. It was hard to see all the patients living in 5 to 6 townships, besides the ALF. The most enjoyable was to serve the community at the Assisted living, as I got to know most of the residents. I loved to see the residents able to stay at the Assisted Living, keeping their independence, avoiding moving to a Nursing Facility.
Pros
Constant continuing Eduacation, Pay and medical insurance were good, supervisors were supportive and kind.
Cons
Large Area to cover, written as well as computer documentation required.
April 21, 2015

Thank you for your honest review. We're glad you enjoyed your time at the ALF and that you made positive relationships with patients there. We do understand that making house calls in a large area can be difficult, and we do our best to make it as easy as possible on our clinicians. Thank you for your time here at FOX.

Clinical Side was favored way more than Business
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 2, 2014
if you are a clinician than this company is for you! they tend to favor the clinical side and not the business side of the company.
Pros
Great communication with employees (once a month meetings)
Cons
Very demanding and Management nor HR did not listen to employees needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8