Fox Rent A Car Employee Reviews

Cut throat environment
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleDecember 12, 2017
Management is poor. High turnover and lack of proper training for new employees. Overworked and not fairly compensated. Benefits are ok but many employess haven't had raises in over four years.
Pros
Cons
Low salaries
did not enjoy working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2017
worked very hard their doing multiple different jobs, the pay sucked, barely get a raise when u did it was a couple cents, very overworked and very unprofessional.
great competitive workplace !
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 25, 2017
Great company to work for, shift is spent mostly in front of computer working with Microsoft word disputing charges , balancing books and making calls for collection agencies. Managers are very friendly and willing to help you to get the job done !
Great work enviroment, but good managenent was needed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 11, 2017
Awesome place to improve sales, as well as customer service, hours were great and pay was worth the stay, but lack of management did not help in the long run.
Pros
Commision, flexible hours, good work enviroment
Cons
bad management, lack of support, no real goal for company
stressful
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2017
I was the only single mother that worked at the desk. I had issues with a couple of the supervisors because I felt like I was being treated differently because I was a woman and a single parent. The GM is great though. The other supervisors were very disrespectful to me on a regular basis. I loved my job but I couldn't work with the supervisors anymore.
Pros
if you love sales this is a great job
Cons
middle managment
Laid back placenwith a horrible work scheduling policy
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2017
This place was very laid back, but the managers treated their employees like trash. They would also change schedules every other 3-4 weeks without considering their employees personal lives.
n/a
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
Harassment of all sorts and discrimination is a part of your day at work. There is a serious lack of ethics and conscience on part of everyone who works at this company.
Horrible work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2017
This company is a joke, the key people have no idea how to run a business, they are shady in their financials and they do a lot of funny business. when i spoke up and raised the flag, they got rid of me.
Modifications not met in order to succeed
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 26, 2017
The job culture I would say was excellent. The communication was open, however it was not necessarily resolved. The growth was extremely difficult due to the suppression of the mother company and 2rd runner up to the top. I helped Fox Rent A Car to become 2nd runner and even 1st for a short time.Moving up in the company was challenging. Eventually Fox Rent A Car in Myrtle Beach, SC closed down due to weak management.
Pros
Excellent job culture
Cons
No growth weak management
worked out side which was super nice
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2017
retuned rental veh greet international customer, learn about veh park make models, management was pretty ok a lot of favoritism, get the veh out the way make continue to make room, and got to work out side best thing ever
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Fox Rent A Car?

Ask a question
Faced paced, Lot's of cars.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2017
In summary, people to check in and to provide them with exellent customer service. We have thee giffrent kinds of insurance that we sell along with the cars. Also we sell up-grades on all our cars.
Pros
Having a kick back on cars or insurance you might have sold to a customer.
Cons
Not doing the job in the enough time provided.
Review
Customer Service Representative/Return agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 28, 2017
the company can do better but the work place is awesome all around. I have learned a lot of different stuff working here. I can honestly say that I am a working progress with this job
Pros
n/a
Cons
work place
best rent a car near LAX
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
A typical day work at fox rent a car was exciting, busy, challenging. Overall a fun place to work at. Staff was real caring, friendly. The co workers were awesome,helping and friendly.
productive and fun
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2017
arrive to work at :am start preparing the day for my coworkers and Managers a like as I am the first to arrive.
Manager comes in
does his report communicate to the entire team...
Overnight team leaves morning team begin to arrive,,,
Great rapport, if its busy its good morning and a brief briefing and on to work if not its a nice chatter of what happen yesterday in terms of number family significant other...
Managers come out if its busy helps if the need is there and a great help to us is just commuicationg withe guest especially if its busy keeps them calm...
The hardest part of my job is to disappoint a customer and tell them we do not have what they reserved...the mosyt enjoyable part is to exceed the customers expectations
Pros
always available
Cons
none now before it was staffing and they have rectified that
Very Professional
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Turks and Caicos Island BWIApril 12, 2017
Great company, very supportive team, has a huge potential to make the company even bigger. Needs to look deeper / properly on future franchisee's background to ensure high quality service and it will carry the Fox Rent a Car's standard
Pros
free company provide vehicle
Cons
no company accomodation
challenging position
ready line agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33142April 12, 2017
Fox Rent A Car is a challenging position that can be a place difficult business. At fox rent a car i have learned how to make a customer driving exp be the best exp they can possibly acquire from a car rental company also be organized and very fast paced.
customer friendly, great team environment, work schedule flexibility
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2017
Learned to work in a team environment, conduct professional client relations for revenue growth. Management was a team effort to make sure each customer satisfaction and needs were and continued to be meet in a timely professional manner.
My summary is correct
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA laxMarch 20, 2017
The security at this job was insecure, if some person is angry In the airport and takes it out on you your fired. Can't tell your side of the story just fired!!!
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Short breaks/ health care sucks
It was okay, but very stressful.
Car Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 1, 2017
It was okay, the workers are good folks, the management does not care about the workers or the customers. Integrity is lacking. They would overbook reservations and then the customers would come into the office and learn that there were no cars to rent because we were sold out.

As a result, we had to deal with a lot of very angry customers. It's a crazy business!
Typical day of a Rental Agent
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101February 28, 2017
A typical day would consist of reliving previous shift, checking which reservations for car rentals needed to be met each day. Making sure our fleet would be enough to fill daily rentals. I would have to greet each customer, qualify each rental, determine what insurance plans where right and up sell each extremities such as upgradable car classes, insurance packages, pre paid gas, etc. As a rental agent I would go over company polices and procedures, accept payment and deposits and close each contract.
I learned to treat each customer with respect and adjust to each clients different types of personalities. I learned to work in a team environment, conduct professional client relations for revenue growth.
Pros
customer friendly, great team environment, work schedule flexibility
Cons
many times over booked rentals with not enough supply of rentals.