Fox Rent A Car Employee Reviews in United States

they are habitiual liars. they promise raises or promotion but never deliver.
ready line (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2016
Over worked under staff under paid. Lie about raises.Working out doors in the heat. You have to find coverage for your lunch break yet you have to be quick to cover others. Mean while managers are in the nice cold ac on the computer.or joking with the rental agents.
Pros
due to under staff some what job security.
Cons
no one cares. no team work no raises. sweat shop like culture.
The absolute worst place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LaxApril 27, 2016
It's just BAD all around! ! The only one good thing is that you can get away with anything because nobody cares! But definitely stay away. This place is all about who you know. 90% off the management or supervisors and "sales leads " don't deserve the position.(all about who you know ) There is only one or two that actually know and do what they were supposed to and extremely over worked! ! And Hr , useless! !
Don't work here
Account Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2016
This company is the worst collections company you can work for. Not only is the pay bad the benfiits are bad. The only pro about this company is the people on the collections floor. The management was bad however I heard they fired the manager that was causing all the issues there. Great job to get experince and moved on.
Pros
Get experince and move on
I learned a lot
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
A great experience for a high school grad. You learn to answer phones at a high intense pace. You learn customer service. There's opportunity to grow.
Pros
Benefits, med, dental, vision
Cons
Needs an upgrade the call center area
Warning
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  South FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
I do NOT recommend applying to this company due to the fact it rents cars so cheap that it dosent seem to have money to pay its employees a decent wage or let alone its vendors that they do buisness with. Cars and facilities are old and decrepit.
The management especially at the local levels will wear your butt out to the point where you dread coming to work plus the Miami location is filled with drama. (to put it in a nut shell, upper management claims that giving employees cars to drive home as part of their compensation package as a PRIVILEGE...... do they not realize that the job itself can be considered a privilege too? crazy)

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!
Beware
Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Does not know how to be honest or treat their employees/customers. Suggest you keep looking if you are searching for a job
productive and fun place to work
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 8, 2016
when i applied at fox i was really nervous because this was a different field for me, but i was well trained and it was fun learning new things !
Nooo
Return agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 27, 2015
Would not recommend working here.This is the kind of job that is always hiring because everyone is always quiting.poor management definitely a better than nothing kind of job
Pros
Pays slightly more than min wage
Cons
30 min lunch.always understaffed and overbooked.fed up customers.
Administrative asistant
Administrative Assistant / CSR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2015
bank drops, claims on vehicles ,customer service
management not that great
got along with everyone
i loved my schedule
Fast paced
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoy working at Fox. A regular day consist of emptying trash cans, sweep and mop floors, repair, install and assemble office furniture, repair light fixtures. The most challenging part of the job are the different request coming from employees, some request require me to research certain procedures I am asked to perform in terms of maintenance and repair. I am very resourceful so the part I enjoy the most is researching how to perform certain procedures at the same time expand my knowledge.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Unorganized at times
learning experience
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2015
learning experience everyday was different there was always challenge that I felt help me improve my administration skills.
Cons
Productive, very busy, nice company
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OkJune 4, 2015
Answering calls, modifying or cancelling reservations, responding to emails from customers. I've learned to better multi-task between systems. Management is cool. Co-workers are cool. Hardest part was handling my schedule, but i enjoy the company and pay.
Overall a good company to work for. The company was started in the late 1980's. It still has room for growth.
Social Media & Rewards Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles,CAApril 29, 2015
I managed social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Yelp. Customers would post or comment and it was my responsibility to address their concerns. I would ask them to email us and handle their matters as quickly as possible. I managed the Rewards Program. Customers who needed assistance with adding or redeeming points would contact me. There was only 4 people in my department who most of them worked from home. I had the options to work from home as well. I pretty much managed myself. I reported to the VP of the Marketing department.who was located at one of our other offices. I was the only one who had an office on site. My co-workers were helpful and pleasant. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep angry customers happy on social media. People say what they want and sometimes it was pretty challenging to please them. My job was to pass along their issues and have customer service resolve the matter. If customer service did not reply in a timely fashion or assist the customer they would return back to social media expressing how they have not been assisted. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I helped a lot of people. I loved the fact that I could help resolve customer matters. I enjoyed the option of being able to work from home when needed. Overall I really enjoyed this opportunity.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
We did not have not one team meeting within the six months I was there.
Very nice office atmosphere with encouraging staff
DMV Manager (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKDecember 29, 2014
I enjoy to collaborate with my co-workers to come up with solutions that will not only impact my area of the business, but will also provide a positive outcome for the company as a whole. The team we have is very fun and engaging in finding solutions to the problems that arise and are a great group to work with.
Pros
great team members
Cons
holidays - but we are in the leisure industry
management is not satisfactory
Return/Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 19, 2014
the job itself is easy. the management is terrible, they play favorites too much. employees don't take them seriously.
fun working place
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  costa mesaNovember 22, 2014
Help customers check in and check out theyre rental cars
Learned a lot about rental car companies
Management was good
co workers were good
hardest part of the job was doing different jobs at one time
enjoyable part was being able to assist customer with great customer service
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes no break at all
This company Management very unorganized and overworked employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  MiamiOctober 23, 2014
This company and management does not seems to care about employees and management are also not very professional. Company does not give employees the opportunity for job promotions.
room for improvement
Cons
management needs imrpovement.
good environment
Return Agent/Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 22, 2014
i loved doing home renovation and still do if the position presents itself i would go right back to it
A fun place to work. Enjoying assisting customers with their vehicle needs.
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2014
Really enjoy working at Fox Rent A Car. The company offers great benefits to employees.
Fun place to work.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2014
I had wonderful, energetic and friendly co-workers. I enjoyed assisting customers with there needs which the also made the job pleasant.
The hardest part of the job was to work around the weather in the winter it was too cold and summer too hot. I worked outdoors greeting customers. Besides those issues it was enjoyable and I have learned alot from this company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no career advancement.

2.9