Fox Rent A Car Employee Reviews

No support, advancement possible but hazardous
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78719January 15, 2017
I worked for Fox for over 5 years and was promoted requiring a life changing cross country move. After doing so the manager quit leaving me and a staff with ZERO rental experience to run the show for about 3 months. When corporate finally found a new manager all the praise given for staying afloat in crazy circumstances changed to wild accusations and eventually dismissal after training my replacement and discovering he would be earning SUBSTANTIALLY more starting than I did at the end of my career. It's a steady pay check but loyalty is rewarded with a pink slip, don't give to much of yourself.
Pros
Promotion opportunity, advancement from the ranks, average pay rate
Cons
Back stabbing, misogynist, effort = punishment
Fox Rent a Car Excellent Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2016
My experience working for fox rent a car was has exceeded my expectations from all angles from the pay to the benefits and working with fabulous team member. Fox makes every employee feel like if they are part of the family you feel welcome. Working for Fox for 10yrs was and experience never imaginable it was the best I've learned a bit of everything from being a parking attendant, car detailer, rental sales agent to management. Fox gives you the opportunity to grow within the company. Co-workers get along like brothers and sister they make you feel welcome. The hardest part of the job is having to go home after your shift Lol. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers meeting people and interacting with people from all around the globe.
Great coworkers, incompetent management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles Subdivision, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Do not bother applying. There is no room for growth, no raises, and every move you make is micromanaged.

This company outsources all of its customer service and the call center there is poorly trained. All offices are understaffed. Cars are never serviced in an appropriate manner at locations and are not fixed after breakdowns. No communication between other offices. Unless you are ok with being worked to death for no beneft, don't waste your time.
Pros
Recruiting is good, coworkers are generally nice
Cons
Management, lack of room for growth, no support
Lousy employer
Ready Line Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2016
Fox rent a car is only concerned with profits, not customers or employees. Their policies and practices are routinely put in place without any thought to how they will work in reality. Frequently the executive team in California will tie the hands of the local management team with their practices and execution or lack of execution of those practices. The best hope for this company would be if another rental agency bought them out and did away with the executive team in California.
Pros
Cons
no raises, lousy pay and benefits
Worst place to work
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Dont work here.if u want peace of mind n happiness stay away from this place.fox under pays their rental agents so their only choice is to try and make their commission and to do so they teach you to force and decieve customers into taking additional add ons that the won't need. The rental agents cherry pick the customers they want to deal with. So they're always arguing at the counter. They treat their staff like ! Nobody cares about the staff members.Do not work here!!
Pros
Dental optical medical benefits
Cons
Terrible shifts, bad management
productive work place with great benifits and long hours
Detailer/Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2016
looking for fun work place with great hours and benefits looking for hard working strong male,as an employee at Costco wholesale warehouse was great at every position but ultimately ended up on cart crew .
Pros
benifits
Cons
short hours
fox rent a car was a great place to work very fun
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2016
great company ,great hours lots of work for employees to stay busy,very fun if you like interacting with people,and conditioning your body/ workout wise
Pros
great hours
Cons
benifits not really good
Productive and forward environment
SR. TECH SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 2, 2016
For the last four years, being at the tech support end, interacting with end users in trying to solve, fix or provide them with answers to their issues. I worked independently and I received praises from my bosses for my good work, great attitude and technical skills,
Pros
great team group
Cons
hard to communicate with my management team for being remote
beware
Customer Service/ Road Side Asst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2016
family/friend ran and operated. Poor communication from CEO down to workers. no promotion potential, no work-life balance, corporate culture is like high school. if there is a problem will be telling the person's best friend
Pros
incentive pay
Cons
everything else
they are habitiual liars. they promise raises or promotion but never deliver.
ready line (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2016
Over worked under staff under paid. Lie about raises.Working out doors in the heat. You have to find coverage for your lunch break yet you have to be quick to cover others. Mean while managers are in the nice cold ac on the computer.or joking with the rental agents.
Pros
due to under staff some what job security.
Cons
no one cares. no team work no raises. sweat shop like culture.
Many issues, with an overall negative atmosphere.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2016
While the pay was decent/OK, this didn't make up for the overwhelming negativity and issues here.

Insubordination was commonplace and seemed to go unchecked often, employees often left early or arrived late (which hampered those still working), unprofessional attitudes were often the norm, expectations/demands were commonly difficult to meet without the proper staffing and tools provided (i.e. broken, didn't have it, too expensive to replace, etc), resources needed to perform were limited, and the location's security lacks for this area of the city,

But the largest issues are mismanagement of the location (which falls in line with the aforementioned issues), and under budgeting from corporate to allow a proper operation; it's in need of a serious overhaul, in nearly every aspect.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Negative atmosphere, serious mismanagement in nearly all aspects, and under budgeted.
Warning
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  South FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
I do NOT recommend applying to this company due to the fact it rents cars so cheap that it dosent seem to have money to pay its employees a decent wage or let alone its vendors that they do buisness with. Cars and facilities are old and decrepit.
The management especially at the local levels will wear your butt out to the point where you dread coming to work plus the Miami location is filled with drama. (to put it in a nut shell, upper management claims that giving employees cars to drive home as part of their compensation package as a PRIVILEGE...... do they not realize that the job itself can be considered a privilege too? crazy)

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!
Claims Team Review
Subrogation Claims Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 11, 2016
The claims team is the best department to work in. They are the most organized and best run in the entire company. Everyday we input claims and work with other departments to move claims forward and to conclusion. Management is good and backs us up quite a bit.
Easiest job to have
Exit Booth Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
I had fun working with the company but keep to yourself. It's a lot of sneaky people and dishonest people that work with the company as well as the management
I learned a lot
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
A great experience for a high school grad. You learn to answer phones at a high intense pace. You learn customer service. There's opportunity to grow.
Pros
Benefits, med, dental, vision
Cons
Needs an upgrade the call center area
Amazing company all around.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 25, 2016
I Have no complaints from the co workers, to upper management, and the owner and his family they are just so understanding and amazing to me they make me feel apart of the family.
Poor management
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 12, 2016
Always spying on the employees on surveillance cameras or posting up in the parking lot . They make us drive cars also which is another job position . Everyone gets paid the same amount but have less responsibility than service agents.
Pros
There are none
Cons
No discounts for employees while the managers get to drive whatever car or SUV they like
Seniority is not always the best way of running a business
Lead Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed working there for the most part but was laid off with out any warning. Schedules are not set so hard to plan anything. Management team was cool for the most part very approachable
Good group of employees.
Sales-Liaison (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 3, 2016
The one thing that I liked about this company was the employees. Fox did a great job recruiting. Everyone seems like family.
Fast paced
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoy working at Fox. A regular day consist of emptying trash cans, sweep and mop floors, repair, install and assemble office furniture, repair light fixtures. The most challenging part of the job are the different request coming from employees, some request require me to research certain procedures I am asked to perform in terms of maintenance and repair. I am very resourceful so the part I enjoy the most is researching how to perform certain procedures at the same time expand my knowledge.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Unorganized at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Rent A Car. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8