Fox Restaurant Concepts Employee Reviews

Fox Restaurant Concepts
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2017
A fun, professional, and leadership based company with unique and trendy concepts. Extremely guest oriented, and training is provided in every area throughout the restaurant. The leadership is top notch, and the standards are high.
Fox Concepts has high standards and is filled with talented individuals.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2017
Fox Concepts has a great foundation for culture building within the company. For FOH management a typical work day is 10-13 hours depending on what level management. BOH work days for chefs are typically 12-16 hours a day. Fox has very high standards, many of the actions held by management on day to day operations do not demonstrate this focus. Within this organization you find many talented individuals that have a sound heart and strait head on their shoulders and often are overlooked for lesser individuals lacking in integrity with fake boisterous personas. The food quality is upheld by constant checks and remains consistent. The service staff is bubbly and personable. Staffing on both ends can be summed up by one quarter of the staff is bought in on hospitality and care about their job knowledge and training and do an excellent job. The other half are their for a job and do very well, the remaining quarter of them are detrimental to the success of the team and sometimes last longer than they should but usually are weeded out.
They will work you to death
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2017
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS RESTAURANT IS A FRONT -- Their motto is "Healthy food, Happy World" and claim to be the steward of organic, fresh and healthy foods but they are constantly cutting corners where they can and substituting non organic and cheaper produce(hidden from consumer knowledge). THEY DONT EVEN RECYCLE! come on, how can you be "Flower Child" and you don't even recycle. Goes to show everything about this restaurant is a front, and they do just enough so they can market the place to unsuspecting customers who genuinely think they are making a better choice for their nutrition and the world's health.

A typical day starts with a huge line of people waiting to get in the doors, and then non stop hustle until your shift is done. I wouldn't have a problem with this, except that management tries to micromanage your every move, and nothing is EVER good enough. Even if you have accomplished everything within your duties above and beyond standard requirements, they will still complain and desire more out of you.

They regularly send people home after only an hr or two shift, but demand that you have open availability in case they need to keep you for 4 hours plus. Complete lack of respect for waged employees.
They hire many high school and college students who don't know any better, and who do not have families to provide for, and use them to uphold a culture of overworking and under appreciating.

Pros include a decent pay (NOT BECAUSE OF MANAGEMENT, BUT BECAUSE OF THE TIPS -- THEY PAY LESS THAN MINIMUM) -
Pros
FRC dining discount (35%) - decent pay after including tips
Cons
No breaks, no appreciation for your work, micro management
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arizona City, AZJune 19, 2017
Great good company, worried about female growth: really cares about guest. Proud to work for the company, honest concepts, great attitude. Worried about development as a woman
Pros
Positive
Cons
Women growth
Cool coworkers, bad management
Server (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 10, 2017
Loved this job for the first couple of months, had a great gm that really cared about the restaurant and the employees working there. Once that manager was promoted the following managers were just horrible. So much micromanaging and favoristism it became a stressful environment to work in. The turnover rate is extremely high at this restaurant, don't waste your time.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managers/arrogant chefs
Poor management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  MDJune 9, 2017
This company is NOT WORTH YOUR TIME... Horrible management, cut throat culture, inexperienced management, and they will work you like a dog, and bragg about the company making millions....
Pros
clean
Cons
managemnet/ culture
Fun and creative environment within limits
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
Great place to work with very talented corporate chef team and upper level management. Company has a high rate of growth. Take and assistant manager/chef position and two years later you are promoted if you do well.
Pros
creative fun environment
Cons
long hours at times which is to be expected in the restaurant business
A True Team
Special Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Anyone in the Houston Restaurant scene knows what a best it is. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as it is a LOT of time and constant effort involved.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Workload, hours
Don't bother
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
The environment is absolutely crazy. The managers are always second guessing you. The servers will try to do the hostess's job. It's always beyond packed. The side work is so much that you will be run thin. They have a really high turnaround. There are no janitors, so the hosts have to clean the bathroom. You can do everything right and still get told it's not right. I could go on forever. The only good thing is that the servers and bartenders are cute. If you want to host or serve or bartend, please go somewhere else or you will be burnt out.
Pros
Free soda. That's about it.
Cons
Too many
Great Pay, if that's all that matters to you...
Chef (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Once again, great pay...decent, but not great benefits. They lure you into the company with false hopes and promises of a great company culture, awesome pay and a work/life balance. Almost like a cult...meet the long tenured employees and you will get a sense of what I mean.

Only one out of the three applied in my opinion. Corporate management are strictly about the bottom line and have no problem working their management team to the bone with little to no regard to their physical (or emotional) well being.

They have no regard or compassion for hourly employees. They are simply pawns in their eyes and offer false hopes of advancement to lure them into this concept.

I can honestly say that in my years as a chef in the industry, this has been the worst experience of my life. I not only sacrificed my health, but my family as well. At least they paid well right?
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible corporate culture, no work/life balance
Coworkers are great. Management is terrible.
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2016
The management is the worst. They overstaff servers, have no consideration for your time, blame the servers for everything including ticket times, add unnecessary stress to the job, and are not open to suggestions. My fellow servers were the only thing making this job somewhat tolerable. Do not work here.
Pros
Fellow servers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 8, 2016
I've only been with the company for a short period of time. Tried to get with them for a long time. So happy that I was able to join this amazing team of people.We are like a Huge family ! Only downside is that there's a lot of guests that are not very nice. Wish they knew what it was like to be in this kind of industry

It's an art.
It's you got it or you don't.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Guests kill the vibe.
Not a equal employeer
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2016
This company is not a "equal opportunity employer."
I have applied in person twice but manager refused to interviewed me.
Contemporary, modern approach to management culture. Responsible , sistainable practices
Executive Chef / True Food Kitchen - Pasadena (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, Ca/ Pasadena CAOctober 10, 2016
Structured operation, contemporary approach to management/team culture, responsible, sustainable approach, consciousness of voice and footprint withing the industry, wellness driven-garden to table, globally inspired.
Pros
Phylosophies to believe in
Cons
High volume envirements can necessitate long hours for boh management.
Great money, but what's it worth to you?
Server (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2016
Management is what kills this upbeat fast tempo restaurant. Clientele is okay. Great money, great food, competent staff. Again... management ruins it.
Pros
Tips
Burn and turn environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 10, 2016
Long hours, high stress, favoritism by upper management. I would not recommend this to people who have families. FOH holds tickets then sends everything order fire with no coursing of the meals.
Typical day at work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
I would arrive before most of the other employees and turn on all the lights and appliances. I would then log into my computer and start answering emails. I handled the gift cards, so one of my first tasks of the day usually involved printed the previous days report and data entry. Next I would activate all new orders placed. Throughout the day I would clean the office, and handle all of the incoming and outgoing mail and all other shipping. I was also responsible for handling the phones, and would transfer the calls to the appropriate employee. At the end of the day I would clean everyone once more, and start to shut down all the lights and appliances in the office.
Pros
Discount at restaurants
High Standards
Assistant Manager II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2016
I worked for HMS Host, managing three of Fox's concepts at the airport. I regularly worked with FRC reps on all aspects of the restaurant to ensure that we operated like one of their own restaurants. FRC has very high standards for operations, staffing and work atmosphere.
Pros
Great company, good communication, superior quality
Cons
airport security
N/a
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 30, 2015
Good, solid respectable company. Very creative. Concepts are innovative and impressive. Executive team is experienced and knowledgeable. Extremely fast paced, high volume.
Rapidly growing company
Payroll Manager/Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 26, 2015
The CEO is a genius. This company is growing and will be successful for a long time. I am happy to have spent some of my career there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Restaurant Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9